Chapter Fourteen

The Second Change (Hiatus)

'I don't mean to be rude, but I have somewhere that I need to go.' Ryeowook announced from his mind. The vampires all exchanged looks. It was unheard of that a human was able to project his thoughts. 

"What's going on here?" Hyunseung repeated in a soft tone.

"He was speaking to someone. Someone that I couldn't see. I couldn't hear. But I could feel." Sungmin breathed out. His eyes were fixed on Ryeowook. Ryeowook furrowed his brow. He didn't think that getting out would be so tough.

'I need to go.' Ryeowook insisted. He stood up. Hyunseung's head snapped to the side but paused when he saw the ring on Ryeowook's finger. Hyunseung narrowed his eyes but didn't say anything. Hyunseung leaned back and mumbled something incoherent to Doojoon.

Doojoon looked at Ryeowook's finger and then mumbled something back. The two council members conversed in this manner for awhile before Doojoon announced, "He is free to go but the other will stay."

Yesung blinked when he realized that 'the other' meant him. "Oh, you mean me? Yeah, of course I'll stay." He nodded. "I need to talk to Jang Eunna and her friends." He stated calmly. "Oh, and if the hunters attack, I can be your leverage." He added. "Ryeowook won't be much use anyway." He shrugged.

"What do you mean?" Heechul asked from his chair. 

"The head of the Foundation is very fond of me, but not so of Ryeowook since Ryeowook can't talk." Yesung shrugged noncholantly.

"You speak as if you know that the Foundation will come here." Heechul stated, eyes on Yesung.

"That's true." Yesung nodded in agreement. "Then again, I have to say that I will most likely be right. After all, we ran away from the Foundation." Yesung said.

"Why?" Yoseob questioned.

"The prophecy..." Yesung shrugged. "Everything centers around the prophecy. Every single thing." He sighed and fell silent.

Ryeowook, meanwhile was looking around the room, observing all the vampires. He paused at the group of five. He walked over to them. Taemin didn't flinch but one of the others did, the one called Key, was it. 'I won't kill you. Besides, your friends would kill me before I could even reach for a weapon.' 

Key composed his face. "Well, I wasn't shrinking from you. If you haven't noticed, there's sort of a metal aura from behind you. It doesn't look very...Friendly."

Ryeowook turned around and stared at a wolf. His mouth dropped open. "What do you see?" Sungmin asked carefully. He didn't want his anger getting the better of him again.

'I see a wolf.' Ryeowook stated, entranced. The wolf nudged Ryeowook. Ryeowook bent down and then he started the wolf. Once the contact was made, Ryeowook's mind connected with the young wolf's mind. In a matter of seconds, the wolf disappeared. Ryeowook lost his balance and landed on his , which Yesung responded with laughter. 

"What...was that?" Key breathed out, shocked. He fell to his knees, unbelieving what he just saw. "A wolf...?"

"Yes, it was a wolf." Taemin sighed. "We couldn't keep the secret after all." Taemin looked up to Hyunseung. Hyunseung sighed. "We have to tell them." Hyunseung turned to glance at Doojoon before nodding. "We know how to get to wherever the girls are at. But, we can only bring two of you. That's it. Two of you."

"You know where the girls are at?" Heechul asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Our mother created that place. Do you think we won't know?" Hyunseung asked. "Dongwoon, Mir and Key knows as well as we do." Hyunseung paused. He wasn't supposed to add Key's name in.

"Ah." Key sighed. "Caught?" Before anyone could question him, he announced to the room, "I'm Choi Hyeri's half-brother. I'm a made vampire, if you didn't notice it. Almighty Key at your service." He mocked.

"Who will go with us to see the girls? Obviously, Ryeowook-ssi is a must. The other one would be...?" Jonghyun tiredly asked. "No, Heechul-hyung, you can't. You have to stay here." Jonghyun added when he saw his older brother open his mouth.

"I'll go."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wondering who the person who spoke up last is? Wait for the next chapter tomorrow! (: I'll try to update it by tomorrow!

Thanks for reading this! Comments are much appreciated. (: