Chapter Four

The Second Change (Hiatus)

Just finished eating dinner!

Anyway, this will be another chapter, straight from my head. Not very professional but I don't really have much time now. School starts on Tuesday and I'm hoping to finish Regret before school starts (which I highly doubt will happen.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The room seemed to shimmer. Seolgi let out a gasp. The room suddenly started to vibrate. The vampires looked around, on their guard. Donghae and Haemi were the only ones who were still at ease. "Don't worry yourself over this." Donghae said dismissively. "The barrier's breaking, that's all."

"Why is it breaking?" Eunhyuk asked. "Is someone attacking the barrier?"

"No, it's breaking because someone managed to get into the barrier." Haemi whispered in reply. Her fearful eyes were fixated on her best friend. Eunna was jerking at where she sat. Her eyes were filled with obvious pain but she had managed to keep her face composed and she was silent, biting on her bottom lip to not let any sound come out.

The room suddenly stopped shimmering and vibrating. The door to the room was open and two vampires stood there, both bearing scared appearances. The older one ran towards the girls, who were trying to coo Eunna. Eunna merely shook more. "Eunna...Are you alright?" Kim Heechul asked. He was Eunna's older step-brother. They were unrelated. His younger brother, Jonghyun, was right behind him. "Just wait for awhile, Jonghyun will help." Heechul had taken the shaking Eunna into his arms.

Jonghyun took his younger sister's hand and closed his eyes. Just as their minds touched, Jonghyun screamed out loud. The whole room seemed to flinch. No one thought that the healer would actually scream. The vampires in the room were already trying to separate the two. When finally separated, Jonghyun was shaking from the experience that he had just felt.

"It's him." Sungmin whispered. He finally located the source of the attacker. "It's the Vampire King."

The moment Sungmin said that, the unknown presence, which everyone could feel, vanished. Eunna stopped jerking around. Her eyes were flooded with tears but she refused to let any fall. "He actually dared to attack long-distance..." Yoseob whispered. "He must've used the powers he acquired from the witches' bloods."

Jonghyun hugged himself. He looked up to his older brother. Heechul looked at Jonghyun before placing the shivering Eunna in Haemi's arms and going to Jonghyun. "What happened? What did you see?" Heechul asked.

Sungmin slowly moved towards Jonghyun. Jonghyun flinched and tried to move closer to the nearest wall, as if that would protect him from Sungmin. "I'm just trying to help..." Sungmin whispered. Jonghyun instantly stopped retreating and seemed to close his eyes. Sungmin reached Jonghyun and Heechul. Heechul was doubtful but he allowed Sungmin to reach into Jonghyun's mind. Sungmin fell onto the ground after a sharp gasp.

"What is it?" Eunhyuk and Donghae asked at the same time, both tense. They glanced at each other once before looking away. Donghae turned his attention to the ground whilst Eunhyuk looked back at Sungmin.

"It's..." Sungmin started. "Eunna's been enduring this ever since her blood was pricked out. The Vampire King, as I could tell, was disturbed by Eunna's scent. He traced the mind but lost it when the circle was casted. He found it in a barrier and started attacking   the barrier. Since Eunna was one of the first vampire blood to have made the circle, she felt the blow in stead of Haemi."

"Eunna..." Haemi whispered. Eunna's eyelids flickered and she smiled weakly up at her best friend. "Are you alright? I'm sorry..." Haemi apologized.

"You have nothing to apologize for, Hae." Eunna said back, in a weak tone. Then, she clasped Haemi's hand. "Your mother is the witch that the vampire princes speak of. She was murdered by the vampire king." She paused to take a breather. "I saw it in his mind when he attacked us. He holds the strings to the prophecy."

"Which prophecy?" Donghae asked, eyes wide. He moved towards Eunna.

Eunna glanced at Donghae. "The one Haemi predicted. The one Haemi repeated. The one that was never told." She whispered. "The one, that will mark a second change." She closed her eyes and her grip on Haemi lessened. She opened her eyes again to look at Kyuhyun. "You are right, you know. Don't doubt yourself." She smiled softly. She shifted her gaze to Heechul and Jonghyun. "Let's go home to Taemin. He'll be able to do something about this."

With that, Eunna closed her eyes and fell unconscious. Jonghyun unsteadily stood up. "She's right." He said softly. "We should get back as soon as possible. Taemin will be able to help."

Everyone watched as Heechul picked Eunna up in his arms and together with Jonghyun, left Haemi's room. Donghae followed them out. Kyuhyun watched for awhile before he stepped into the shadows of the room. Sungmin kept glancing at Kyuhyun, in the shadows, and at Haemi. Haemi sighed and stood up from where she knelt earlier by Eunna.

"May as well continue reading." Haemi pulled out the thick book from under her bed and opened the book to where she had marked her last-read page. The silence in the room dragged on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a very good update, I know. 

I just want to let all my readers know, I may edit the chapters if I find that there's some mistakes in it. 

Nonetheless, I think no one's reading it. The views are increasing, but I think that's just me. O: 

Cause I keep having to look through my previous chapter in order to continue the story. Hahas. 

I'll be updating Regret next although I got another inspiration to write a story. 

Silent Readers, please comment? ):