Chapter Thirteen

The Second Change (Hiatus)

"Ugh..." Seolgi sat up, her head aching. "What's going on?" To her right, Hyeri was clutching her head in agony and to her left, Haemi was just rocking from side to side, both already in a seating position.

"It gets better after awhile." Shinhye cooed softly to Hyeri. Shinhye glanced at Seolgi, "Does your head hurt too? Maybe I should have been more careful..." 

"I'm used to it." Seolgi shrugged. "It's pain at first but I can endure it." Seolgi stated. She looked around, "Where's Eunna?"

"I don't know." Shinhye said after a short pause. When I opened my eyes, she was already gone. Haemi was just rocking over there. Haemi refuses to say a word."

"I'll try talking some sense into Haemi." Seolgi said determinedly. She stood up and moved towards Haemi when Haemi stopped rocking.

"You don't have to ask me any more questions. Eunna's coming back." Haemi said. Seolgi blinked. She looked around and found herself in a cave like place with the other three girls.

A few seconds passed and Eunna appeared at the mouth of the cave, all bruised up. She was fine, otherwise. "Eunna, can you not go around disappearing and leaving Haemi in a trance?" Hyeri nagged, although she groaned after her outburst.

"I'm sorry." Eunna smiled back lightly. "I've been around." Her smile faded. "I haven't found the dead wolf yet but I've certainly found some of our friends." She gestured with her hand and wolves, the size of larger than Golden Retrievers and Siberian Huskies entered the cave. There were about eleven in total.

"They've grown so big!" Haemi gushed. "Where's Sparkle?" She asked. A grayish-white coat wolf moved towards Haemi. It jumped on her and had some sort of purr. "Aw, you grew so big my pretty Sparkling Sparkle." Haemi smiled.

Her smile faltered when she saw Eunna glancing around. "What is it, Eunna?" 

Eunna turned to Haemi. "I know who's dead." She said in a dead-tone. 

The four other girls stared at Eunna. "Who...?" Shinhye began.

"Star." Eunna whispered. "The youngest..." She dropped to her knees and instantly, three wolves surrounded her. It was easy to tell who was who by sight. Moonlight was the gray one. Shadow was the black one. And not forgetting Snow, the white one. These three were the most attached to Eunna.

"How?" Shinhye whispered.

Eunna just knelt there, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I cannot answer that." She whispered. "I'm going out with Shadow, Snow and Moonlight. You four stay here. Shinhye, you're the most vulnerable here. Don't forget that."

"We'll go with you." Seolgi said. Eunna shook her head.

"Don't." Eunna said calmly. "Don't sacrifice anything for me. I'm not worth it." She paused and glanced at Haemi. "Haemi understands. The wolves will protect you and send for me if you need help. Haemi will probably explain what she can to you. She is after all, deeply connected to this place." Eunna stood up, the wolves supporting her. She looked at the rest of the wolves, who were looking up at her with their large and innocent eyes. "All of you, protect yourselves, protect your family and my friends." She said. The wolves made their own sounds softly.

Eunna moved towards the entrance of the cave slowly. Her eyes were distant. Her three wolves moved with her. She turned around once more to see the four pairs of eyes on her. She smiled, knowing that there was a risk that she may never return to her friends. Her hands went around her neck and she unclasped her necklace. She held it up to Seolgi and Hyeri. Both girls gasped and glanced at each other.

"Eunna...Are you sure...?" Hyeri asked hesitantly.

"Now is the best time." Eunna replied. "I'll see you girls later." She turned and ran out of the cave with her faithful wolves. 'Or not.' She added in her mind but did not say it. She re-clasped her necklace back on and continued on her way to search for the sole wolf's body.

"What was that about?" Shinhye asked. "What's with the necklace?"

"About that..." Seolgi glanced at Hyeri. "While Haemi and you were constantly out, Hyeri, Eunna and I came up with this symbol. We decided to have something made for the five of us, so that, we will always know that we are ourselves when we are forced to part. After all, anyone can take the form of you or control you."

"That's true." Shinhye nodded thoughtfully.

"This place," Haemi started softly but the three girls' attention all snapped to her. "This place was created by our mothers. The five of our mothers know each other, which is why our houses were placed in that place. The plot of land our homes are at, are the very homes that our mothers made when they knew each other. The reason being was that they knew that their children, especially their daughters, would eventually get close."

Haemi stopped. "This place is the sanctuary which our mothers made. For us. For our wolves. For the prophecy. They knew what would happen to them. Hyeri, your mother was a gifted hunter. Seolgi, your mother was neither hunter nor creature. She was a talented woman who outshone all of us in physical aspects. My mother was the strongest witch in a thousand years. Shinhye's mother was the aristocrat that controlled the powers of light. The only one, aside from our dearest Shinhye." She paused. "You must all be wondering about Eunna's mother then."

She looked out of the cave, into the trees beyond. "This place was where we created the necklaces. This place was the place where all five of us are at our strongest. The only ones who can find us now are five. A circle of completed five." Hyeri said. "Our soul-mates...I have no idea if they can sense us in here but I can sense them out there."

"Eunna's mother was the strongest vampire. Why? Because she was born human. She was born human but of vampire parents. Her parents forcefully changed her into a vampire at the age of seven. Eunna's mother has two or maybe three times what her parents' powers were. She's not a wee little girl that can't control herself." Haemi stated. "We have company."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oho. This is the second chapter I'm updating today. Aren't you happy.

Hahas. Just joking. I thank you all for spending time to read this. I'm considering changing the description of the story. 

Anyway, I'm sure you're all curious to why Haemi said that. 'She's not a wee little girl that can't control herself' right? That's because Haemi, as a witch, can sense their surroundings. She could tell that there were ...someone listening in on them.

Comments are appreciated as they can help me to improve my story! Please point out my flaws! (: Thanks!