Chapter Three

The Second Change (Hiatus)

No one's commenting! I don't know if anyone's even reading this! ): 
Blah...What do I care. HAHAS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone turned to Kyuhyun. He was looking paler than he had before. "What is it, hyung?" Yoseob asked tentatively. He had never seen Kyuhyun looking that afraid.

Kyuhyun opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He resolved to grabbing Sungmin's arm and willing Sungmin to read his thoughts. Sungmin's gasp only made the rest curious and more afraid. "What is it?" Eunhyuk urged.

Sungmin's eyes were wide as he cast glances to Haemi and back to Kyuhyun. "You're joking, right?" Sungmin whispered in shock.

Kyuhyun's eyes were as serious as it had ever been. Kyuhyun bit his bottom lip. "I'm not sure..." He started. "I may be wrong but...Why else? He did kill a witch before..." He trailed off.

Shinhye felt her skin tingling. She could feel herself getting nervous. She knew exactly who they were talking about. "Why are you talking about the vampire king..." She asked in an extremely soft voice.

"Don't start. He hears many things around." Sungmin said immediately. He glanced around. "Everyone here must vow to a promise of secrecy." He stated.

"What?" Seolgi blinked. Her voice was loud. "A promise of secrecy? You have got to be kidding with me. I don't do rituals or vows by vampire's laws."

Haemi and Donghae looked around uncomfortably. "It's not a vampire thing..." Haemi started. Seolgi and Hyeri glanced at her. "It's actually a witch's thing. They created it when they wanted to do councils, so that no one would leak anything."

"Is...Is it dangerous?" Seolgi asked, worried. Haemi smiled weakly, shaking her head no.

Eunna stepped back. "God, please no." She whispered. "You're going to do the old-fashioned one, aren't you?" Her eyes were filled with fear.

"The old one is the most strongest one. It protects those in the circle of secrecy." Eunhyuk stated. He had caught on to what was happening. 

"And what would that be?" Hyeri asked, calm as ever. Her gaze was on Eunhyuk and it didn't waver at all.

"We use blood." Donghae replied instead. He wasn't pale but he was quiet. It was the softness of it that scared Hyeri and Seolgi. Donghae wasn't the type to be soft.

Before Hyeri or Seolgi could argue, Haemi moved towards her drawer. She took out a pocket-knife. It was coated in silver. "That's..." Sungmin began but trailed off. Haemi took out a vial and slit her finger. A drop of blood dripped into the vial. Haemi cleaned the knife and handed it to Eunna. Eunna stared at the silver coated knife.

"It won't hurt you, Eunna." Haemi stated. "Mother casted the silver so that it wouldn't hurt you or Shinhye." Eunna, reassured, made a tiny cut and let a drop of her blood drip into the vial. The blood mixed and the color turned slightly darker. The process repeated until the girls, Donghae, Dongwoon and the princes were done.

"With this, the circle of secrecy is bound. No one will be able to speak of it to another unless allowed by all members of the current circle." Haemi and Donghae said in one heartbeat. There was some sort of glittery thing that ran through the blood before the vial vanished, into thin air. 

"That was weird." Shinhye whispered. She felt that talking was too loud for the current atmosphere.

"It'll reappear later." Haemi said dismissively. Her voice was loud. "It's now a barrier. No one can hear or see what's going on here."

"So, what did you want to say?" Dongwoon asked the four princes.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin exchanged a glance. "As we can see that you both are witches, we can only come to the conclusion that you're...the children of the woman who the vampire king had killed." Haemi and Donghae looked at Kyuhyun and Sungmin like they were mad. "I'm serious." Kyuhyun added.

"You're in blazes." Donghae said. "Our parents were killed in the onslaught, as were Eunna's."

"No, just listen to me." Kyuhyun pleaded. "If you see it carefully, everything falls into place, almost everything will be clear!"

"Talk." Eunna cut in. Her voice was unusually high-pitched and she looked slightly off-color. "Talk now or shut up." She added, slightly stronger but faltered at the end.

Haemi glanced worriedly to Eunna but Kyuhyun had started to share his opinions and thoughts. "The Vampire King wouldn't find the need to kill a witch especially since witches were endangered then." He paused, glancing at his fellow princes. "The witch must've told him something that displeased him. He was in a rage then. He just threw her out of his chambers and killed her in front of the assembly."

Eunhyuk nodded. "It was pretty shocking. We were seated, waiting for the King to come out and announce what the witch had told him when he just threw her out without any mercy and killed her."

"But why did he throw her out of the room? That's the question." Shinhye muttered.

"Probably didn't want his sleeping chambers dirtied." Yoseob mumbled back.

"Anyway, he stepped down from the throne almost immediately after that." Kyuhyun said. "He left us four in charge and took to ordering us from the shadows. The reason why we always have to return to our chambers to discuss first is to consult him. He controls us." Kyuhyun paused.

Sungmin took a breath and tried to help. "We were ordered to come and kill Shinhye and her friends. Apparently, if we're right, you're the ones that the witch had foretold."

"What witch?" Dongwoon asked.

"Oh no, the long long time ago witch." Sungmin waved it away. "Anyway, all vampires know of the prophecy...The one which had something like...'Five will brave it all.' That."

"It says five." Donghae pointed out. "But there's what; eleven of us here, five girls, six boys."

"It says five." Hyeri agreed. "But it didn't say five what. It could be five girls, five boys, five races, anything's possible. Five will brave it all? Sure, it's common sense to think it's five people but hey, just pointing out other alternatives."

Everyone blinked at Hyeri's statement, realizing how true it was. "Anyway, what else do you have to tell us?" Donghae prodded the princes on.

"Oh, Dongwoon and Shinhye, you both know how soul-mates can't..." Sungmin started but trailed off.

"Oh, soul-mates can't do anything to each other." Yoseob cut in. "Like say, vampires' powers will be immune to their soul-mates." He stated that.

"Wow, genius, like we knew that." Seolgi said it as sarcastic as she could manage. She even rolled her eyes. Yoseob pouted.

"Which brings us to another matter." Kyuhyun said, swallowing hard. "When I tried to attack your friend here, just now," He gestured at Eunna.

"The name's Jang Eunna." Eunna said. She still looked queasy but not as bad as before.

"Right, when I tried to attack Eunna earlier, I really did. My powers won't appear from my hands, not all the time. I could tell she wasn't a normal vampire and had superb reflexes. But, I didn't expect that my powers wouldn't work at all. They manifested in her shadows but merely slid past her." Kyuhyun tried to explain.

"Your powers didn't work on Eunna?" Dongwoon's eyes were wide. "But, you're..." He trailed off. "Soul-mates, huh?" He said softly, almost as if he was talking to himself.

"It's the same thing with me..." Sungmin whispered. "I couldn't read her mind." Sungmin stared at Haemi. Haemi looked at him, confused.

"Wait, what?" Yoseob almost shouted. "You're kidding, two soul-mates in one place?"

"My sister can't be your soul-mate." Donghae took a step towards Haemi.

"Stop moving." Shinhye suddenly hissed. Everyone looked at her. She was staring at Eunna. "Someone's attacking Eunna mentally." She pointed it out. 

Haemi was by Eunna's side in a flash, Hyeri and Seolgi making their way to her as well. Dongwoon and Donghae stood watching since they weren't that close to Eunna. "What do we do?" Eunhyuk asked.

"We do nothing." Donghae replied shortly. He didn't even spare a glance to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk looked at the back of Donghae's head before turning away, hurt.

"No, we wait." Haemi whispered. "They'll be coming soon."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aha, and there you have it. Chapter Three!

It's not very good, if I have to be honest. It all came straight, fresh from my head. 

But wow, three chapters in a day. That's really...Wow. I think I'll update less tomorrow, maybe two chapters. If you're lucky, my friend might persuade me to update three. She begged me to update this one but she had to go and sleep since her mum woke up.

Anyway, I hope you would comment! 

I know I left it at a cliffhanger (?). You must all be wondering who's attacking Eunna's mind. Our one and only hybrid! And Haemi hinted, "They'll be coming soon."! You must wonder who's that, right? :D

I'll tell you, Eunna's brothers are coming! :D HAHAS!

Hope you enjoy this update! Comments will be treasured!