Chapter Twenty-Four

The Second Change (Hiatus)

 

Yoseob and Seolgi were closer than ever now, much like Shinhye and Ryeowook. The change was very sudden so no one could predict when and how it would happen. Hyeri, on the other hand, had been eyeing Eunhyuk warily, as he did. At one point in time, they both did leave the mansion to walk around and when they returned, they spoke nothing to the others and didn’t even look at each other in the face.

So wrapped up with her own new found love, Shinhye didn’t even bother trying to push them together anymore. Haemi was just glaring at everyone’s sudden change while Donghae was seemingly a little upset. The third cloaked figure remained cloaked, unmoving from his stature in the corner although Haemi just knew that it was Sungmin.

She didn’t really mind Sungmin that much but finally, she got annoyed with the atmosphere in her living room and just stormed out, heading to her room. In a flash, Sungmin followed her. The others in the living room noticed but no one tried to stop him, not even Donghae.

Haemi slammed her room door, hoping that it was loud enough for everyone to hear. They did hear it but didn’t say anything, letting the weird atmosphere hang in the air.

“You don’t have to be so upset.” Sungmin said softly from the corner of Haemi’s room. She jumped, startled.

“I don’t know how you got in here but I’ve had enough.” Haemi said, sulking slightly. She looked tired to the bone and weary. “I just want Eunna back and safe.”

“I know, I know.” Sungmin whispered as he crossed over to Haemi and gently pulled her into his embrace. “Just go to sleep. I know you need your sleep.” He whispered. “Go on, I’ll watch over you. If news of Eunna comes, I will wake you immediately. You will be the first to know what has happened to her.”

“I hope so…” Haemi muttered as her lids grew heavy and she closed her eyes, falling into a deep sleep. A sleep so frightfully real that Haemi thought it was real.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Haemi…” Eunna whispered. “I’m fine.” Eunna was seated on a rock in the dream. Haemi was standing opposite her, no not standing, but flying rather.

“Eunna, where are you? I’ve been worried sick!” Haemi said. “I’ll come fetch you now.” She said.

“No, Jandi will then attack the houses. We cannot leave the houses unguarded.” Eunna shook her head. “Jandi must be dealt with first. I will come, in time, but not at the moment. There are matters that I must complete and fulfill at hand if we are to survive against Jandi.” Eunna said.

“But…” Haemi began.

“Listen to me, Haemi. You will have to assume the leadership role. You will have to rally everyone, including the princes. They will help. Jandi is getting stronger and stronger. She is calling on dark and black magic. I, myself, am still healing. I will not die and I will be safe. But if you come and find me, if anyone comes to find me, I will not be safe and neither will any of you. For your sake and mine, let us all remain at where we are at.” Eunna told her.

“I…” Haemi looked unsure.

“Trust me, Haemi.” Eunna said. “Jandi will be there soon. I am keeping track of her from where I am at. I have reunited with Jonghyun and Taemin. We are now trying to thwart Jandi’s plans from here. You must do what you believe is right.” Eunna insisted. “Our time is short, Haemi. Good luck to you and if we succeed, we’ll have breakfast together again, okay?” She smiled and Haemi’s dream changed.

There was a girl cackling as she overlooked a pot hung over fire. She clearly looked like a witch, only Haemi knew, she was doing black magic. The dark and evil substance broiled within her, her aura darkened by the darkness and the girl didn’t even seem to notice. She was beautiful, really, but there was this look about her that made Haemi know she wasn’t as nice as she looks. And she didn’t really look all that nice. She looked mean. And that was an understatement when Haemi continued to watch and saw the girl lash out her anger on a tree when her pot bubbled, clearly not the results that the girl wanted.

“What’s wrong?” She wailed, angered.

Of course, silence greeted her words. Calming herself, she decided to try again. She poured in more chemicals and several herbs into the pot. Haemi observed the girl for a moment longer then she knew, without a doubt, who this girl was. She was Jandi, the missing girl of the six and the one that was coming to destroy them.

Jandi suddenly seemed aware of another presence. She looked wildly around and then her gaze settled on Haemi. Her gaze was suddenly so piercing and Jandi started muttering chants under her breath and Haemi felt pain, burning pain. She screamed and she screamed. She fought and turned. She lurched awake, her eyes snapped open.

“What’s wrong, Haemi? Calm down. I’m here.” Sungmin said in his most soothing and cool voice. “Calm down…” He shushed a frantic and fanatic Haemi. Donghae was at the door, his face pale.

“I… I had a dream.” Haemi whispered, the fear and horror evident on her face.

Bracing herself for the vivid images in her mind, she retold what she had dreamt, from Eunna to Jandi, to both Sungmin and Donghae.