008

Gary Gary Gary

Chapter 8: Enough

 

It took me about two hours to get dressed and an hour to do my make up. Who knew that all the clothes in my closet would make me look so fat. I seriously looked terrible and I was not looking forward to having Gary see me like this. I hid my face under my hat as I waited for his arrival at a noodle joint.

 

Why are you hiding your beauty from me?”

 

I gasped as my hat was pulled up off my head and I stared back at a bouquet of roses.

 

Eh? Talking flowers?”

 

There was a sudden chuckle and I discovered the voice belonged to none other than my dream guy. I blushed as he slowly placed the flowers into my hands. The smell of the roses were sweet but not as sweet as him.

 

Gary...why did you need to see me so bad? Just to give me these flowers?” I asked.

 

He shook his head and chuckled once more before shyly hugging me.


“I missed you...I thought I would die if I had to wait another day.”

 

Shut up..you wouldn't die.” I smiled.

e

Yes..yes...look at me.” he pulled back from the hug and had me examine his face. “I'm practically knocking at death's door. “ he then placed my hand on his heart. “My heart almost stopped beating.”

 

Gary was always so dramatic; it was adorable. I had to admit myself that I also missed him. It was hard only being in contact with him once a week. Just plain utter torment.

 

My phone started to ring interrupting our moment and I dreaded checking who it was. As I reached into my purse to retrieve it, Gary snatched my phone out of my hands.

 

G-GARY!!!!” I screamed.

 

No phone. No Beckies, No Joongki. Just you and me.” he wagged his finger at me before pulling me inside the restaurant. I tried to get my phone back but he slide it into his back pocket. There was no way I was going to grab it now..I’d totally have to his to get it. I can't do that. People will think I am a ert!

 

I see you're still in bad boy mode.” I as we sat at a table near the window.

I'm not objecting though...I missed you too.”

 

It wasn't long before we ordered our food and started a conversation. This surprisingly was the first time Gary and I could just relax and be ourselves. At school we always had to be in hiding and after school it was the same thing. The Beckies fan club were complete loco stalkers. I swear I can't even walk to the bathroom without one of them wanting to take my picture. My heart was melting as he stared into my eyes so longingly, seriously he was a total romantic. I felt like I was a character in one those novels.

 

What's your favorite color?” I asked Gary randomly. I wanted to get to know him more.

 

The color of your lips.” he said in a flirtatious tone. I was blushing all over again and even hid my lips behind my hands. “Hmm favorite food?” I asked after finally getting my blush to go away.

 

@#$%$##” Gary said boldly.

 

YAH, YOU ARE SUCHA OMG!!!” I hit him over the head with my chopsticks over and over. “ HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT TO AN INNOCENT GIRL!” My blush returned back to my cheeks only this time I think it won't fade. Gary really is a bad boy with a dirty mind. Gary just laughed as I kept hitting him over the head until my hand grew tired.

 

It took an eternity for our conversation to start up again after that. Thank God the food came just in time to distract me.

 

Jihyo..what do you do dream of doing after you graduate?” he asked me. I was thankful that y Gary was back to being normal Gary.

 

Hmm.” I thought about it. To be honest I had no dream except the ones my parents gave me. Marry a rich guy and have a happy easy life. “ I don't know...what about you?”

 

I'm going to be a star!” he stood up and posed like a celebrity. “My name will be in lights. All the girls will be chasing me.”

 

All the girls, huh?” I felt a bit jealous and pouted.

 

Uh....y-yeah but they aren't nothing.” he sat back down and reach over to hold my hand. “You'll be my one and only. Backstage pass...first class to all my shows and I'll take you all around tour with me.”

 


“That sounds totally wicked awesome.” I grinned in excitement. “Maybe we could even write a song together.”

 

Gary face instantly turned ten shades of red then he started squealing like a fan girl who just found a rare couple of her bias's album.

 

Really. You'd want to do that?” he asked.

 

I nodded and gave his hand a light squeeze.

 

Jihyo..I been wanting to ask you this..um..would you...come support me at my audition.” he removed his hands from mine and ruffled his hair. His eyes were now on the floor.

 

Audition? Bwoh! “

 

Yeah..the other reason I wanted us to meet today was to ask you for your support for this idol audition coming up. I'm kinda nervous I have to admit.”

 

Gary...don't be nervous. You'll do well. I've seen the way you perform when you're by yourself. Also..the personal concert you gave me was pure magic. “ my eyes sparkled at the memories.

 

You think so?”he looked up at me now.

 

I know so...” I stood up and pumped my fist into the air. “Gary fighting!” I chanted over and over until I heard a loud thump. Gary had passed out onto the floor.

 

GARY!!!!!” I panicked and raced over to fan him. Everyone else looked with worry and concern.

 

J-jihyo....saranghe~” then he fainted.

 

Gosh,,,so dramatic,,,I love it.

 

 

That little date with Gary was so perfect I really couldn't stop from daydreaming all the way to school. We actually had another kiss right before he passed out for a second time. So super cute! This was so great..I got to see Gary yesterday and now I get to see him again. I love Mondays!

 

It was odd that the girls didn't text me nor greeted me at all. Maybe Suzy told them to ignore me after the whole theater incident. I wonder how long she can stay mad at me...

 

I went straight to my locker to get my textbooks that I rarely ever looked at. I figured I'd entertain myself with study time a little to fill in the time I usually spent with the girls. As soon as I opened it up a pile of papers spilled out.

 

Yah!” I jumped back. The last time I checked I didn't leave my personal space a total wreck. I bent over to pick up the first paper on top.

 

Gah!” I gasped as I saw that the paper had a picture blown up of Gary and I together. Not only that paper but all that spilled onto the floor had pictures of us together from yesterday: hugging, flirting and stealing kisses. I scrambled to gather them together before anyone saw but by the sound of papers falling behind me I had a bad feeling in my stomach. I turned around and saw not only I but other students as well had these photos shoved into their lockers. I watched in utter terror as the glanced at them then at me in disgust,

 

What a total .”

 

How could she do this to Joongki.”

 

Everyone of them made nasty remarks about me, I didn't know what to do I just stood there frozen as they circled around me.

 

Well well well..it looks like little Miss Blank Face secret has been revealed. I wonder who snitched on you.” Suzy and the gang broke through the circle and stood right before me. I saw Minzy give me a sad look and mouth the words 'sorry'. I guess she was the culprit that told Suzy about my crush. I wonder if she knew about us secretly dating too.

 

I can't believe you would do this to us. Jihyo I practically made you somebody and you repay me by macking with Gray.”

 

His name is Gary..” I corrected her.

 

You have some nerve to be so snappy.” she picked up a photo from the ground and shoved it in my face. “What do you have to say for yourself? Are you going to deny it?”

 

I stayed silent unsure at what to do or say. Some students started throwing things at me like erasers and pens I covered my face and screamed.

 

What's going on here! Stop this!!!” Joongki guarded me from getting hit with anymore. “I'll beat up anyone who harms her.”

 

I was relieved that he showed up. My dear friend, Joongki..actually this is the first time I used the word friend with him. We spent so much time together and he was always there to save me from the rich kids insanity.

 

Oh gosh..Joongki don't you know.”Suzy held up a picture to him. “I'm so sorry you had to find out like this but I can't just allow my best friend to cheat on you anymore. It's just not right,” she faked the whole teary eyed heroine act.

 

.......” Joongki suddenly stopped guarding me and just stood there looking lost. I lightly tapped his shoulder and gasped as he turned around to glare me down. Tears were falling from his eyes.

 

Did I mean nothing to you at all!” he cried.

 

Huh..what is he going on about?

 

Joongki..are you acting or something?” I whispered low enough for only him to hear.

 

What is it that you see in him? “ he shook me. I started to cry myself and try to get free.

 

Joongki what is wrong with you!” I screamed.

 

I love you.....I really really loved you but you....” he pushed me to the ground. “You ripped my heart to pieces and used me like a fool.”

 

With those last words he walked away leaving me to once again get things thrown at me.

 

Gosh what am I to do now. I am officially unpopular now. I broke Joongki's heart too. I totally tots had no freaking clue he had a thing for me. Why didn't he say anything? Why did he get upset at me like it was my fault that I hurt him. He knew from the start that I only was using him to cure myself. Yet he said I used him even though he agreed to be used, Why do I have to feel like a criminal just for liking Mr. Wrong.

 

Make sure she regrets everything she's done.” she ordered the other students. “Lizzy. Minzy. Let's go,” The Beckies turned to walk away but haulted when a sudden scream was heard from down the hall.

 

JIHYO!!!”

 

I recognize that voice from anywhere. Gary! Oh no...he can't...

 

Gary...you shouldn't be here. They'll hurt you too.” I warned him. He however did not flinch as he started getting eggs thrown at him. Nothing made him stop from making his way to me and picking me up bridal style.

 

What kind of man would I be to abandon my princess.”

 

I teared up as he smiled at me as he took more hits for me.

 

Good now we have them both! Get them!” I heard Nickhun shout as he came at us throwing a bucket of water on us. I screamed as the cold water wet my uniform and caused it to cling to my skin.

 

It was us against 50 but it didn't matter. Gary held onto me and I held onto as well taking attacks from all the bullies.

 

You know what..” I yelled at everyone including the Beckies. “I made a mistake.”

 

Too late to apologize now.” Suzy flipped her hair and laughed at me.

 

No, let me finish..I made a mistake last time choosing you guys over, Gary. Now I see that being popular is bogus. I'm tired of dealing with all you spoiled rich kids, I'm tired of having to fake that I am happy anymore. Even if the whole world turns against me as long as I got Gary I don't need anything else. He makes me happy. He doesn't force me to do things I don't like and most of all he loves me. Unlike you...all you care about is yourself. One day you're going to be all alone and not even your luxurious clothes and jewelry will make you happy.”

 

Jihyo.” Gary blushed happily at my confession.

 

.........” Suzy stormed away speechless, Minzy and Lizzy tailed behind her.

 

I felt a big weight off my chest for the first time in forever. Finally I was free..finally I see that Gary was not Mr. Wrong. All these people who claimed to love and adore me were Mr, and Misses Wrongs. The kind of love they had for me was all fake but this love with Gary...the love I was told was fairy tale was for real.

 

Author's Note

 

Here you go...sorry if there are typos I am like dead sleepy Good Night <3 ZZZZZZZZZ shyness is cute zzzzzz