004

Gary Gary Gary

Chapter 4: The Boyfriend

 

Jihyo, when were you going to tell me you got yourself a boyfriend?” my mother asked as soon as I got in the door.

 

What?” I raised a brow and gave her a confused look. There was no way she could know about me and Joongki we just got finished with the date. I have said nothing to anyone yet except Gary and Jessica.

 

I saw the pictures of you two together. He's so cute!” my mother squealed. “Rich too!”

 

My daughter sure knows how to pick them.” my father joined the conversation.

 

Wait..ok umm...how do you two know about Joongki?” I freaked. Did my parents stalk me or something?

 

On the Beckies fanpage on Facebook.” my little brother walked in with his laptop. He had the screen opened up to a Facebook page with photos of me and Joongki together. They looked like pics someone took on a cellphone in secret. I dunno what is more shocking the fact that the Beckies have a fanpage or the fact that someone's been stalking me.

 

Mom! Dad! Little dweeb....I cannot believe you are following a Facebook page with...” I scroll along the page and saw photos of all sorts of things I didn't want my parents to see. “all my business. UNFOLLOW IT NOW!”

 

We will do no such thing. You hardly tell us anything that's going on with your life. This is the only way we can make sure you are going the right path. Anyways so are you pregnant yet?” my mom hugged my arm and my jaw dropped. She has seriously lost her mind.

 

Um wah..what..teen pregnancy is a bad thing remember...” I pushed her away. “I can't believe you all. I'm running away!” I ran upstairs to my room and locked my door. I ignored their knocks and crazy questions, I packed my stuff. In a haste not even allowing myself to change my mind. I decided I was going to stay at a hotel for a few days to free myself from any ideas that might have in their heads. My parents dream was for me to be married a.s.a.p. And have produce grandchildren for them. Heck, they didn't even care if I finished high school.

 

I went out my bedroom window to avoid them getting in the way and successfully made it to a hotel. I used the money I got from the richies to afford renting a room. The peaceful bliss of a silent room made me feel instantly satisfied. I can't believe I haven't done this sooner this was actually the best thing I've done in a while.

 

Why is everyone so insane?” I asked myself as I threw myself onto the soft fluffy mattress. “I hope tomorrow will be better.”

 

 

 

Omg, it's her..” I heard whispers as I walked into the school. Everyone was looking at me and pointing. I tried to ignore them but Joongki suddenly walked up to me and the crowd all swarmed to us like bees to honey.

 

It's the Song couple!” I heard a group of girls scream.

 

S-song couple?”

 

We have the same last name...it's like we are already married.” Joongki whispered in my ear.


“Ahhhhhhh” I screamed. That was not cute at all. Why the heck did he have to have the same last name as me? I screamed even louder as he held my hand in front of them. They were taking a dozen pictures which they'll probably post to that stupid fan page. I know that he's suppose to be my boyfriend but I didn't want everyone to know so suddenly. I still needed to get myself ready.

 

Look at her blush. They are so in love.” I heard another say.

 

Joongki, what am I suppose to do? This is embarrassing.” I whispered to him.

 

Don't worry I got it.” he said before doing the next thing that caused me to scream again. HE HUGGED ME! A full on bear hug! I literally thought I would die right now but he let me go before my heart burst. I never been hugged by a guy before. Nor been called a couple's name. This was all too much for me. Fake or not.

 

Everyone was asking like a ton of questions which was causing my head to spin. I was relieved when Joongki took my hand and made a run for it. I felt like even more popular than I already was. Do people really go crazy over this kinda thing? It's not like they are dating him. So weird.

 

Looks like we're safe.” he said to me while catching his breath. “You did good..the screaming was adorable.”

 

Next time warn me when you're going to grab me like some man beast!” I yelled at him.

 

Mwoh. Hahaha. It's called a hug and I'm your boyfriend remember. Boyfriends hug their girlfriends.”

 

Well ask me next time...I almost died when you did that.” I was still freaking out.


“I can't believe you're being like this over a hug..how will you act when I kiss you?” he leaned in close to my face and I screamed again for the fourth time today.

Joongki!!!!!”

 

 

Finally you got yourself a guy...I was afraid you'd become a total cat lady by the time you turn 18.” Suzy teased me.

 

Why didn't you tell us you had the hots for Joongki?” Minzy nudged my shoulder.

 

Yeah, have you two being having like a thing thing behind our backs?” Lizzy asked.

 

Uh...umm.” I looked down at my pack of gum and water bottle. We Beckies we having another meeting today and that meeting happened to be entirely focused on my relationship with Joongki. Since Joongki and I haven't even made up a story yet on how we fell for each other I was clueless at answering anyone's questions.

 

I remember you two were pretty close at that one party at Hyungjoong's.” Suzy recalled. “So were you like a thing before then?”

 

Uhhh...” I struggled to come up with anything. This was so intense. Why is everyone so nosy? It's not like I can tell them the truth. What do I say?

 

This girl loves to play hard to get. I been chasing after her for some time. “Joongki came and sat right next to me at our lunch table. I pacifically told him to stay far away from me for the rest of the day but he did not listen at all. I really did not want anymore pictures taken of us. And those fan girls squeals are killing me.

 


“Oh I see...” Suzy smiled. “Well I play hard to get too...Kook totally wants to be a thing.”

 

I thought you two were going to become a thing.” Lizzy looked puzzled. “You told us...”

 

Suzy slapped a hand over Lizzy's mouth. What she had said was true but why all of a sudden Suzy wants to pretend that it wasn't? After asking myself this question, I got my answer quickly. I could tell by the flirty glances she kept giving Joongki that she was hoping to take him from me. Wow.What a great best friend I have.

 

So Joongki~” she leaned in close to him from across the table. “Why do you like Jihyo so much?”

 

He shyly looked down at his lap before turning to look at me. His gaze stayed on me for quite some time and I kinda felt like almost an eternity. I looked away from him finding this new aura strange. His acting is so good.

 

Well...it's just..” he reached over and touched a strand of my hair and lightly moved it out the way of my eyes. “I have this strong desire to be near her. “

 

I heard Minzy and Lizzy squeal. Suzy just rolled her eyes.

 

Aww that is so sweet.” Minzy said in a high pitch tone.

 

Yep, Joongki is quite the Romeo.” I smiled still unable to look at him fully. “It was hard to say no to him for long.”

 

I did what I believe was flirting back and forth with him until lunch was over. So far everything was good except for the fact that I still haven't been cured yet. I wonder how long Joongki will have to be my boyfriend. I was dreading every minute of this but I probably wasn't hating it as much as Suzy. Watching her get upset over the fact that I was all everyone wanted to talk about put a little smile on my face.

 

You think you're all that now cus you got a boyfriend don't you? Well I've dated tons of guys already..Joongki is like what...your first? “ she snarled at me while we were in the hall hanging out at her locker.

 

Suzy are you jealous?” I .

 

Of course not!” she glared at me. “I'm just reminding you that you are 2nd to me. Got it. Don't try to walk around like you're the Queen.” She pushed me up against a locker before snapping her fingers for Lizzy and Minzy to follow after her.

 

Jeez sometimes I wanna punch her.

 

I was half glad that I had P.E. class now. This was one of my few classes where I got an escape from the other Beckies. They all have Home Ec during this period. The reason why I was only half glad was because I had this class with Gary. I haven't seen him all day which was totally strange. Maybe he wasn't here today.

 

Once I got dressed in my gym shorts and T-shirt I was ready to do whatever sport the teacher had in mind. I actually enjoyed a little sweat unlike my friends. As I exited the locker room I bumped right into freaking Gary.

 

What is with me and bumping into him? Is this some sick fate?

 

S-Sorry.” I uttered out.

 

He didn't respond at all. Instead he kept walking as if I didn't just run into him. I guess he's still upset at me or maybe he's too busy daydreaming. Whatever the reason it didn't matter. I'm just going to get through this without any problems.

 

Today we will be playing dodge ball. Stand on the red line over there and I will assign you to a team.” the P.E. teacher yelled to us . I lined up on the red line next to the wall. One by one he had us split up into two teams. I was relieved to not be on Gary's team. I stood in the far back behind my team mates. The best way to survive in this game is to use your team mates as a shield.As they get all knocked off then you have a chance of not getting hit.

 

The whistle was blown and I watched as the two leaders of our teams dashed to the center of our two squares to grab a ball. In a matter of seconds my team was getting slaughtered. Though it was tempting I made no attempt to get a ball. I could hear the players that had been eliminated yelling for me to do something other than dodge. Once I took my eyes off the other team for a second, a ball goes rushing past my head. Then another and another and they were all being thrown by one person. Gary. I wasn't even the only one standing on my team but he only aimed for me.

 

What was his damage?

 

This ticked me off so finally I grabbed a bright red ball and chucked it right at him. We went at it back and forth trying to get each other out,

 

Gary. Jihyo. You're not the only ones playing. Stop hogging the balls!” I heard my teacher yell breaking me out of my revenge trance. This didn't stop Gary though, he hit me right on the chest and I was called out. I glared at him as I walked to the sidelines. After the game was over, the teacher had us play another round. It was the same like the last, Gary kept trying to hit me with a ball. However I got him this time. I got him real good in the face.

 

Take that jerk.

 

Once class was over I waste not a single minute getting out of there. I was still furious about the whole dodge ball game. I really didn't expect him to behave like that at all. Maybe Minzy was right about him.

 

Jihyo!” I heard someone call for me as I exited the gym. It was him of course.

 

What do you want? To throw another ball at me?” I yelled at him.

 

Maybe...” he yelled back at me.

 

What's with you! Huh? Do me a favor and stay away from me.”

 

What if I don't want to.”

 

I'll get my boyfriend to beat you up.”

 

........” He went silent and I took that as an opportunity to walk away but I didn't get far. Gary dragged me into an empty room.

 

Hey,,,hey,...let go of me.”I struggled but he held onto me tightly. I managed to cause us to both go tompling onto the floor. My heart skipped as beat as I stared into his eyes. Gary had fallen on top of me. For some reason my body froze and I couldn't move. It had been so long since I been this close to Gary. I didn't want this moment to end to be honest.

 

I hate what you've done to me.” I heard him faintly say before clashing his lips against mine.

 

OMG! MY FIRST KISS!!!

 

Author's Note

Sorry this is so short but I haven't updated in a while and I wanted to give you guys at least something. And sorry for the cliff hanger lol XD I will try to update again before the week ends. See you next chapter. Read. Love. Subscribe.