Prolouge

Gary Gary Gary

Prologue

What's wrong with your face, Jihyo?It's all uncolorful and stuff.” said a very concerned Lizzy who poked at my face.

 

OMG, again? Jihyo, rule number 1, a Becky never ever goes out in public without BB cream and gorgeous lashes.” Minzy informs me before pulling out her make up bag to apply foundation to my skin.

 

We are only going out to grab some snacks at some shady convenient store. I didn't think that the world would be so disgusted to see my make up less face at least once or twice. After all my face is usually covered with layers and layers of crap. I swear I think my skin needs a break. Heck, I need a break too I've lost precious time that could have been spent in dream land but instead I'm staring at a mirror trying to not stab my eyes out with a mascara brush.

 

There..just a little bit of glitter and tadah instant beauty queen. You'll be the most prettiest girl ever.” Minzy was once again going crazy with the glitter and turning me into a Twilight vamp. She believes that without glitter in the world there is no reason to live.

 

But not prettier than me.” Suzy pulled down her shades giving us a little wink.

 

Of course Suzy you're totally tots the most beautiful girl! None can compare.” Lizzy who is practically a total doormat for Suzy was worshiping her as usual. Yeah, more ego that's what the queen bee needs.

 

These were my best friends in the whole wide world and I hated everything about them. Each and every fake thing on their body. But I am pretty sure they probably hated me too however that didn't matter. Suzy, Lizzy, Minzy and I were the ones to be both envied and loved. At school we are known as the Beckies, a group of popular, pretty, and rich.. well their rich; girls named after some chick named Becky from some old 80's Hollywood flick. I really don't know who came up with the name and why they chose that character. I happen to be the latest edition to the group when my parents had me transfer schools. It's not like I begged to join or anything, it just so happened that on my first day of school all the boys fell for my unique blank face. I became popular..too popular for Suzy to handle so she asked..more like forced me to join because she just can't stand anyone having more attention than her.

 

I guess I could have stood up to her but what's more important than being popular? I get free food and who doesn't love free food? Mmm. My classmates worship the ground I walk on. I get invited to parties by the biggest douche bags in the school. Oh and according to my mother, I'll get a nice rich husband and never have to worry about having brains, global issues or anything boring like that. Yeah, Running Man Academy is full of bunch of rich kids. Only a few “gifted” which I feel is code for “poor” by our teachers, attend this school. So I have a chance to be a real life Cinderella story. I just have to pick a guy that doesn't make me wanna vomit. Sigh. Well I kinda lied, there is one thing that might be more important than popularity. Gary.

 

He's a boy I find myself stalking but not in a creepy way..or ok maybe a little creepy but I can't help it. At first glance Gary appeared to be just some ugly dude with absolutely no appeal. Then one fateful day in the hallway our worlds collided like literally I ran into him dropping my stuff all in the hall. It was in the moment, when he helped me gather my things..our face were so close. I finally got a good up close look at him as he handed me my bag. His face had the reddest blush I had ever seen which was totally tots cute. Then he had the nerve to say to me “Here you are, MY Jihyo” before apologizing, chuckling and running off. There had been guys before that called me theirs which annoyed the crap out of me but for some reason Gary didn't. The way he ran away from me was adorable, I didn't know shy guys still existed anymore with all the players I encounter in my life. I wanted to know more about Gary after that so I stalked him just a tad bit. I found out a little bit about this mysterious guy. When he thinks no one is watching he goes to the park before dusk and puts on his own personal concert. His singing was not so good but his dancing and rapping were on point. I was tempted to cheer for him but I admit the shy bug has bitten me. Never have I ever thought a boy could pull on my heart so tightly like Gary. Is this normal? All we did was bump in the hall once and now I'm going crazy for him. To be honest I kinda don't care. Having to play plastic barbie doll all day, hang with people I don't like and killing my brain cells; Gary was my escape. We need to be closer and have more interactions than just random stares and winks. I really, really, really wanna be his girlfriend. I feel like I might die, no lies I tots tots might die. Sigh..this seems so hard, what am I to do?

 

Oh Gary Gary Gary...I like you.

 

 

Vocabulary
Tots -(slang) - is an abbreiviation of the word "totally" but when combined with totally as "tots totally" or "totally tots" it applies more emphazises.
Example: I tots totally love toast. 
In this sentence by adding tots totally it's  like sayin: 'Omg I totally freaking go crazy for toast.' with fewer words.

Author's Note

Thank you so much for reading and subscribing to my story. I'm kinda a new fan of the Monday Couple and after having a marathon of Running Man I just had to write a fic about them. I never planned for it to be a high school one but I couldn't get this idea out of my headso bam it is written. For Jihyo's friends I chose my favorite guest on Running Man :D. I hope you like what you've read so far. I redid my poster, I swear I cannot make things when I am half asleep. I spelled Gary's name as Gray on it OTL FAIL lol. Leave a comment. Subscribe if you havent. Upvote if you want and stay tuned for chapter 1. :D XOXO.