006

Gary Gary Gary

surprise update \o/

Chapter 6: Let's play the love game
 

 

Wakey, Wakey..” I was shaken awake and opened my eyes to see Joongki and a wall of books. “Class is about to start.”

 

I groaned and moan as I sat up in my chair. Joongki pulled me up to stand and dragged me out of the library. I really wanted to just sleep all day. One of my false lashes was starting to irritate me too. Heck, all this make up and these these stupid high heels were irking my nerves. Good thing I kept a pair of slippers in my locker. The ones that normally everyone wears at other schools. Nobody ever wore them here until today. I made a stop at my locker and pulled them out then quickly put them on my feet..

 

Aww this feels good.” The pain in my feet slowly faded away. I also took this chance to take off my lashes and threw them inside my locker with no care in the world. I hardly was wearing make up today anyways. Might as well just go plain face all the way.

 

Joongki looked amused watching me indulge the simple enjoyment of comfort.

 

You try walking in heels everyday and see how you feel. I know these aren't fashionable but I choose comfort over cute any day.”

 

Uh no thanks.” he chuckled. “ Any girl here would die if their boyfriend saw them without make up.”

 

Do I need to drop dead right now? That actually sounds like a good idea.” I joked.

 

No, I like that you show this side of yourself...” he smiled.

 

I didn't care if anyone liked it or not. Make up was seriously a pain in the . I loved my face despite everyone elses hate for it. I felt more at ease just wearing a pair of jeans and a dash of lip gloss. I guess that is my flaw as a poor girl, not being able to fully understanding the world of glamor.

 

Just as I was about to close my locker a piece of paper slipped out. I bent over to pick it up and read it.

 

Jihyo, Jihyo so glad I met you.

You are like a little train that 's choo chooing to my heart

I want you to crash into me

and turn me into a blueberry tart

Choo Choo my little Jihyo train

I want to kiss you again

 

I burst out laughing at the weirdness and cuteness. This was the most cheesiest love letter I have ever received.

 

Joongki, wow was this really necessary?' I ask showing him the letter.

 

He gave me a confused look and glanced over it.

 

I didn't write this..is this some kind of a joke? Turn me into a blueberry tart hahaha.” he tried to take it from me but I snatched it back.

 

If he didn't write it then who did?

 

The next day I received yet another little love letter more cheesy than the last

 

My sweet Jihyo is sweeter than a marshmellow

but she is no martian fellow

She is my special melo....dy

That plays in my heart with so much charity

Jihyo you are indeed a rarity

 

I loved how this person tried to make fellow and melody rhyme. Judging by the amount of faded pencil and left over pencil shavings he clearly struggled with this one. It warmed my heart knowing that someone was putting in so much effort to express their feelings.

 

Thinking over all the love letters I have received since I've been here this one was so different. All my others were always on pretty stationary and written in fancy ink but this one was on a piece of line paper with cruddy pencil. There were even little doodles of unrecognizable animals. Was this a cow or a lady bug next to the hearts? I will never know.

 

This letter had to be by one of the non-rich boys aka the gifted. My mind was screaming that it obviously had to be by none other than my ultra crush. I had to be sure. So I myself wrote a letter..which probably was worst than his. I'm not too good at this cheesy stuff.

 

Gary is it you who wrote me these letters

Please tell me I am right or I'll lose my feathers

These were so sweet and I admit they made me blush

But not as much as to make me turn to mush

Your kiss did that to me actually

Gosh I am really not a writer so please forgive me for this bad writing catastrophe

 

I slipped it into his locker quickly and scanned the halls hoping no one saw me.

 

Jihyo, what are you doing over here?” my heart nearly fell to the floor when I turned to see Yonghwa just mere inches away from me.

 

Oh..um I am just walking to class.”

 

While standing in front of Gary's locker?” he looked at it and I panicked. I hope he didn't see me slip in my letter.

 

Oh, is this his locker?” I played dumb which he didn't fall for.

 

Why do you keep on trying to talk to him after what you've done? He wants nothing to do with you.” he got way too close for comfort and went as far as to pin my arms to the lockers.

 

Hey...get off of me!” I struggled to get free.

 

I won't until you leave my best friend alone.”

 

I know you are just acting like this because Minzy broke your heart.” I screamed as we wrestled against the lockers. “Yonghwa, I am not Minzy so stop treating me like I am.”

 

He froze up in utter shock that I knew about their secret. I saw his face start to show an unreadable expression as well as what looked like tears.

 

I can't let Gary end up like me..” I heard him say in a low whisper as he stared at me. I could feel his pain so much that it almost made me cry.

 

 

What the heck are you doing to my girl!”It was none other than Minzy who came out of the blue and started hitting him with her designer bag. “ert!”

 

Yonghwa let me go and backed away from the both of us. His gaze stayed on Minzy before he ran off down the hall.

 

Are you alright? What just happened here?” she helped me calm down a bit.

 

Yeah,I'm fine. “ I paused. “I think you two need to talk..I don't think he's over you.”

 

We'll have a talk cus he can't be harassing you just cus he can't understand the fact that we are never ever going to be a thing. How is that so hard for him to accept? I made it so clear to him. What is wrong with Yonghwa. GAH.” she stomped her foot.

 

Like I said..he's not over you. I think he really loves you.”

 

How many times must I repeat myself? Love is not real and..” I cut her off.

 

Then why did he tear up when I said your name? ”

 

Her eyes went wide and she nervously bit her lip before looking down at her feet.

 

Because he's stupid.” she herself looked like she was on the verge of tears. “Jihyo please stay away from them both.”

 

Sorry Minz but I can't make that promise...unlike you I'm terrible at staying away from what's bad for me. I am beginning to believe that I am incurable.

 

 

 

I didn't get any response to my letter the next day or even the day after that which put a frown to my face. Was I wrong? Was it not him at all? Was someone actually playing a cruel prank?

 

So, are you excited?” Suzy asked me a question. I had been so deep into my thoughts that I didn't pay attention to what the conversation was about.

 

Excited for what?” I responded.

 

For the concert, duh.” Lizzy said.

 

Oh,,um er yeah to see o right?” I asked

 

Hahaha it's Exo not o.” Minzy laughed.

 

No, let her call them o...they are -oh for me too.” Suzy made a sound which made me wanna gag.

 

Here's the tickets, I had my dad buy them for us.” our leader passed us each a ticket. “Don't you dare lose them. These are front row seats.” she squealed.

 

We all squealed in unison. Although I was terrible at remembering their names I still was hyped for this. They were one of the hottest boy groups out there now. Every time I went to any store, their music was played nonstop. Maybe I was brainwashed. I enjoyed this brainwashing though..they were quite the entertainment.

 

I decided we are going to do like a matchy match thing. We should each wear a T-shirt of our bias with black jeans. Oh and have Exo written on our cheek.”she squealed even louder.

 

We should hold up a sign too since we are in the front row. Who knows maybe they'll see it and stuff.”Minzy suggested.

 

OMG! I WANT KAI TO NOTICE ME!” Lizzy practically fell out of her chair due to too much fangirlism.

 

I'll take pictures.” I offered. I squealed just a tad bit thinking about possibly plastering them all over my wall.

 

I swear boy groups were like another species of boy. Although I never had a crush on a boy before Gary, the boy bands have never went unnoticed by me. Their perfection just jumps at you and captivates you before brainwashing you into a fan girl.

 

We talked more about o for the rest of the meeting. I forgot to bring my purse as well as my backpack to school so I went to my locker to stash away my concert ticket. I really didn't want to lose it.

 

I saw Gary only briefly during P,E. Before the teacher had the girls and boys split up to run for track. I still was a bit bummed about the whole letter thing but I guess this was for the best. He had Jessica afterall...

 

When I went to reclaim my concert ticket from my locker I thought it looked a bit different but I shrugged the feeling off. It was Friday and the concert was tonight so I needed to make him home fast get ready early.

 

I saw on the news on the TV in the hotel room that there were girls who had been camping out in front of the building where o was going to be performing all week. I really did not want to wait in that long line to get in. Hopefully there was a V.I.P line.

 

I got like two text from my parents asking me to come home. I ignored them for now. I still was not in the mood to deal with them at all. There was no way I was getting married this soon..heck I wasn't even 18 yet! I turned off my cellphone and got dressed into my concert outfit. I chose Kai as my bias. I know Lizzy will kill me for this. He is her husband according to her imagination and all. Oh well. I smiled at my image in the mirror as I applied Exo to my cheek. I made sure to not put o even though I liked that name better.

 

I looked cute I had to admit. I took a picture of myself with the expensive camera I got from some dude before gathering my things and leaving. The place where the concert was going to be held was not too far from my hotel I believe. I checked my ticket and looked at the address to be sure.

 

Hmmm..

 

For some reason it had the name of a park instead of the building I clearly saw on the news...did they change locations?

 

Since it was early still I went on ahead to check it out. If not, I could text my friends and find out where the concert really was being held.

 

As I got to the park my assumption was right..my ticket clearly had the wrong address. Just as I was about to text the Beckies I heard a song start to play. I looked up and before my eyes there was a boombox and a guy dressed up like an idol. As the music played he started dancing and singing to the romantic melody.

 

G..gary?” I dropped my cellphone as the guy tossed his hat off that was covering his face and revealed to me his identity.

 

He came closer to me still singing but with a smile now on his face. I was blushing like crazy.

 

So he was the culprit behind my ticket. Instead of having front row seats to Exo, I had a front row spot to see Gary.

 

I may not be Exo but I got something they don't.” he started changing up his dancing sttle from cute to more as the music switched to a Rain Bi song. “ I got that Garyism~”

 

My knees went weak and fell over into a crouching position. Endless giggles and spazzing spilled out my lips followed by a scream when he ripped his shirt off.

 

Please let no one walk in on this moment and ruin it.

 

I gotta be a bad boy..I gotta be a bad boy.” he took my hand and pulled me up to stand as he sang the last of the lyrics.

 

Should I stay away from you, bad boy?” I asked covering my eyes shyly.

 

You can try but I won't let you get away.” he uncovered my eyes.

 

Put your shirt back on!” I squealed as his skin was touching my thin T-shirt. “What has gotten into you? You break into my locker,  steal my concert ticket and you tricked me into coming to your performance instead.”

 

I got your letter...I had to give you some kind of response.” he blushed still holding onto me with no desire to let go.

 

You could have just written me back.”

 

I couldn't figure out what to write so I thought this idea was better.” he confessed.

 

It is better...like a million times better..thank you.” We stared at each other for while. There was still so much I wanted to know about him. He still was a complete mystery to me at times with his sudden surprises.  One minute he's kissing another girl then throwing dodge balls at me and now he's giving me my own personal concert. I want to know what else lies behind those dark brown eyes.

 

But....

 

The dreaded truth was something I could not escape.


“G-gary..um..what about Jessica and..you know me being a Becky and all..” he put a finger to my lip to silence me.

 

I don't care about any of that stuff..I don't even care about the fact that you're with Joongki.”

 

He really has gone bad.

 

As of today, we can be together in secret..”

 

But..but..doesn't that bother you?” I removed his finger from my mouth.

 

I realized that I rather have some of you than none of you, Jihyo. You really have ruined me..making me bad and insane...I tried to hate you but I just can't Jessica isn't really my girlfriend..I just said that to upset you...I couldn't date another girl if I tried. I also admit that I am jealous of Joongki and this guy too.” he rubbed my Exo text off my cheek then proceeded to smear the black eyeliner onto Kai's face.  “This may be pathetic to ask but..can I have a piece of you..my Jihyo?”

 

G-gary...oh...” I scrambled my brain for a response. His confession about Jessica was a total relief and I found it cute that he was so jealous even of an idol I'll never meet. “Ok, how about I allow you to have all of me one day a week. One day I am not Becky Jihyo or Joongki's girl. We can be a couple and do what we want then the rest of the week we return to our realities,“

 

He thought it over. This idea was probably terrible and defeated my whole purpose of dating Joongki in the first place but I didn't care. I don't wanna be cured from this disease. If all the other rich students at my school can have secrets why can't I? Especially if this secret makes me happy. For my parents and my classmates I'll play the Becky who is dating the dream boat Joongki but on one day..I am Jihyo, the girl madly in love with Gary.

 

How about...Mondays? On Mondays you're my girl.”

 

Author's note: SQUEAAALLLLLL!!!

 

Well I have answered your request...there is your MC moment. Hoped you liked it. I have been planning for this moment since chapter 1 but I didn't want to rush into it. I had to have all that other stuff happen first. I couldn't sleep so I went ahead and posted this today until of Saturday. OuO Next post will be.....i dunno I got a lot of homework OTL