009

Gary Gary Gary

The poor little girl stood up against the bad mean spoiled rich kids. She realized the meaning of real love which was not something you could find with money and glam. The girl found love in the person she least expected and they ran away frolicking in the flowers and doing all kinds of cheesy stuff under the sunset. Everything was all sunshine and rainbows after that. Heck they even found the cure for cancer. Everyone was super jealous of their amazing love and all their hatred turned into love. All the spoiled rich kids donated their money to the orphans and became poor unselfish kids. We all became the best of friends and oh lived happily ever after.

 

Yeah...if my life was a movie that would have been my ending. Gary and I all happy and everything just being perfect but life just isn't that easy. Even when you make the right choices there is always something lurking around the corner just waiting to pounce on you. I knew once I returned home I'd be walking right back into the lion's den.

 

Jihyo! How could you do this. You have shamed your family.” My mother screamed at me once I entered the house. She didn't even bother to give me a proper hello. She just stood there in her apron with her arms crossed, giving me a look that said 'you are gonna die'

 

Mom..” I looked down at my feet feeling uncomfortable.” I was unhappy.” I said honestly.

 

We put so much money into sending you to that school. Do you not know how many all nighters your father had to do at work to afford to pay your tuition?” she raised her voice loud. I looked up now and saw my father stepping right beside her with the same disappointed look.

 

Didn't you hear me..I said I was unhappy.” I felt tears starting to well up in my eye.

 

Honey, how could you be unhappy when you had such popular friends and dating on of the richest boys at the school?” my father asked.

 

Maybe the fact that it was smothering me to have to be someone I'm not. To have friends who judged me on how I look. Also it's just not right to only date someone because they have money. It's horrible! Joongki deserves someone who actually loves him.” I told them the truth that was in my heart and being my parents I had hoped they'd accept my answer. Yet..that angry look was still on their faces. My words only made things worst.

 

It doesn't matter. What matters is having a easy and happy life. If you marry a guy like Joongki you'll never have to struggle like we did.” my mother face softened a bit finally and she reached out and hugged me. “Now be a good girl and make up with him and your friends.”

 

No...” I shook my head.

 

JIHYO! YOU DO AS YOUR MOTHER SAYS!” my father yells.

 

I can't..I won't I refuse to do that.”There was no way I was ever befriending Suzy again...no way was I going to go back to being a Becky all over again.

 

If you don't then you need to payback every cent we wasted sending you there!” My mother pulled back from the hug now and held out her hand. I couldn't believe my own father and mother rather I be unhappy and rich then happy and independent/ This hurt way more than having crap thrown at me at school all day. I know they want what's best for me but why can't they just let me decide what I want?

 

Fine..I'll get a job and pay you back every penny.” I screamed at them before pulling at a couple of bucks from my pocket. “Here's your first payment. I'll pay you again in 2 weeks.” I then ran off to my room to bury my face in my pillow and sob all night.

 

Are you okay?” Gary asked me. I know I totally tots look like a train wreck. I spent the whole night crying and didn't get a single wink of sleep. I was so tired and literally felt sick to my stomach but I forced a smile. I didn't want him to know what I was going through it was hard enough now that we became the number one targets at school now. I almost wanted to cry when I saw one of the boys I use to hang with dump all of Gary's stuff into the toilet this morning.

 

Yeah..I am great...I am just hungry.”

 

Well I made us lunch today.” he pulled a lunch box out of his backpack and opened it up. My eyes lit up as I looked at all the delicious foods.


“You seriously made this?” I asked.

 

.......well I actually bought it.” he looked down embarrassed and softly ruffled his short hair. He was so sweet I swear. I kissed him on the cheek.

 

I don't care if you made it or not. The fact that you bought me lunch is sweet enough.”

 

He looked up now at me and blushed redder than a cherry than linked arms with me and took me outside.

 

I was super uber duber nervous. Today I was officially an ex-Becky. A nerd. A loser...I was exposed again to the hang out of the 'gift students' I almost felt like I just walked into a foreign country. One day I hope to be able to fit in instead of feeling like a total outcast. Then again..I had always been an outcast even when I was popular.

 

As we made it to sit under a tree I saw two familiar faces. I gulped.

 

What,,you act like I am going to eat you.” Jessica chuckled. “We're cool now. Anyone who stands up against those awful richies is a friend of mine.” she held out her hand and I shook it. “Let's forget the past, kay.”

 

Sure,” I smiled in relief. Jessica joined us to eat but Yonghwa just stood there examining me in silence.

 

Aren't you going to sit bro?” Gary asked him. “ We don't bite.”

I do.” Jessica joked. Us three cracked up laughing.

 

....” Yonghwa stormed off.

 

Did I do something wrong?” I asked feeling like I was the reason he was upset. Well..I don't know what to do to make him not hate me no more. There was no way I was staying away from Gary.

 

He's usually not like that..actually he's a cool guy. Lately..he's just been moody.” Gary said with a frown.

 

Well..because he's being a big baby.” she leaned in close to my ear and whisper. “He's upset that Minzy didn't do what you did.”

 

You know about them?” I whispered back to her.

 

Absolutely. He has a painting of her that he hides away in his room.” she sighed. “I told him over and over again to move on. “

 

Hey, what are you two whispering about?” Gary squeezed between us trying to join in our conversation.

 

Jeez Gar Gar...we were talking about tampons!” Jessica shrieked.

 

At the mention of tampon Gary spit out all food in his mouth and screamed in disgust.

 

 

I was on my way to P.E. Class with Gary when I was stopped in the hallway by a person wearing a big grey hoodie. I couldn't see much of their face but judging by the glittery lipgloss it had to be Minzy.

 

Psst...Jihyo..” She whispered in a deep voice. She looked nervous as she looked around every side of the hallway to make sure no one saw her.

 

What do you want?” Gary stepped in front of me and guard me.


“I come in peace and stuff.” she held out her hands to indicate that she was no threat.”I just want to warn you guys that you shouldn't go to P.E. Suzy and the guys have a nasty trap for you. Also I need to talk to Jihyo about something. Can we be alone..just for a sec please?”

 

Gary decided that he trust her and allow us to be alone.

 

Jihyo,,,you're crazy you know that. Standing up for your love and stuff was cool but now you're life is ruined, You know if you want I can help you make up to Suzy and things can go back to the way they were before.” she had pulled me to a corner and told me her ideas of helping me.


“Minz..”

 

How did you know it was me!” She said is surprise.

 

Blush pink glitter is your favorite shade of lip gloss and your imitation of Batman is terrible.”

 

Yah..I was trying to sound like a thug not Batman.” she pulled down the hood and I could see her face fully now. She had a pout on her face.

 

Anyways I am going to have to decline your offer. I don't want to go back I like where I am now,” I told her,

 

How? Why? Don't you wanna make up with Joongki? I can't understand why you'd choose Gary over him when Gary can't give you anything in return.”

 

I don't need Gary to give me anything except his love and attention. Anything I need I can get on my own.”

 

Wow...I wish I could be like that.” she confessed.

 

You can..” I held her hands and lightly squeezed them. “there's a guy whom loves you insanely a whole lot.”

 

She smiled for a moment but frowned.


“I can't...”

 

Why not?”I asked her.

 

...I'm not strong like you, Jihyo. I can't handle people looking down on me and not liking me. I admit it's hard being popular at times but its a lot easier than being an outcast. “ she smiled once more. “Anyways skip P.E. and I wish you two the best.” she pulled away from me and pulled up her hood again before leaving. Gary saw her disappeared down the hall and returned to my side.

 

What did she want.”

 

She wished us the best of luck...and we're skipping P.E. “

 

Let's go to the arcade!” he dragged me away without even giving me a chance to respond.

 

This would be my first time even skipping class to go play video games...totally nerdy.

 

 

I think I at video games but it didn't matter Gary still helped me not only learn how to play but not to explode and punch the computer screen in the gaming room. Who knew games could bring out the rage beast in me. After we played for a few hours I had to depart from him. I needed to go find a job and soon as possible.

 

It was harder than I had expected a lot of the shops I went into were not interested in hiring a high school kid. Heck when I told them what school I went to they thought I was joking despite the fact that I was wearing the official uniform. Everyone seems to forget not everyone that goes to Running Man Academy is rich.

 

My feet were getting really tired I had ran around the whole day looking for work and the rejection was weighing on my heart. I plumped down in front of a random stand.

 

This is hopeless I can't find a job anywhere.” I started to tear up,

 

What's the matter little lady?” An older man who was selling fish had stood before me. He offer me a handkerchief. I took it and wiped my eyes.

 

I need money...but no one wants to hire me.” I confess as I wipe my eyes.

 

Why does a girl at your age need money so badly?” he asked.


Should I tell this complete stranger my whole life story? Sigh. I decided why not..there was no point making up a story. I told him everything from start to finish. I was shock when the old man started to laugh.


“Aigoo...you sound like me.”he chuckled even harder.


“Huh?”I raised a brow.

 

I was born into a rich family and my father wanted me to take over his business and marry a rich girl but it's not what I wanted. Fish is my life. They were upset just like yours. Except I didn't owe them they just kick me out and cut me off from my inheritance.”

 

That's terrible.” I gasped at his story. It was a bit comforting knowing that someone else had struggled with what I was going through. I listen more as he told me his life story.

 

You're parents love you ..they're just being knuckleheads. They'll warm up soon.” he assured me.


“When will that be?” I sighed.

 

a week..month..years...who knows.”he said.

 

Then I felt hopeless all over again. I wonder how long my parents can stay disappointed in me. The old man caught me tearing up again and panicked.


“Hey...hey..now no more water works. I can help you. I actually looking to hire.”

 

What?” my jaw dropped. “Bwoh..really....really?” I grabbed onto his shirt and clung tightly.

 

Hahaha wow you're quite excited.” he took a hold of my hand and lead me through the fish market then up some stairs to a restaurant. It was all blue and there were pictures of fish all over the walls. There was even wooden cravens of sea animals decorated all around.

 

Downstairs customers can buy fish, crabs, and all kind of seafood and upstairs I own a seafood restaurant. I am in need of a waitress. I-”

 

I'll take it!” I cut him off. “I'll do anything to be honest.”

 

He chuckled once again.

 

So energetic. Hopefully you can pass on your hyper energy to my grandson he's been slow and moody all week. He works as a waiter after school. “ he looks me over. “You have on the same uniform as him.”

 

He goes to Running Man Academy too?” I gasped.

 

Yeah..do you know Jung Yonghwa?” he asked and my heart dropped as the mention of the name.

 

Are you feeling alright?” he asked as he saw my face turn green.

 

Grandpa what is she doing here?” Yonghwa said as he approached us from the kitchen and enter the dining area with us.

 

Oh..you must know each other. Good. She'll be the new waitress here.” he told his grandson who eyes with wide but not as wide as mine. Oh gosh this cannot be happening! Yonghwa freaking hates me!

 

He quickly looked at his grandfather and smile.

 

Yeah, she is a friend of mine. I am so happy,” he paused and glared at me. “to be working with her.” I gulped. “Hey..um could I show her around? I know you're busy.” he offered and the old man went back downstairs to return to selling fish. I gulped again.

 

What are you doing here?” he asked me. His smile turned right back upside down.

 

To...be a waitress.” I blinked nervously.

 

Used up all your money already? Hm...so sad. You know you'd be better off just going back to the Beckies.”

 

Yah...no. I don't need their money! I can work hard and earn money myself.”

 

He rolled his eyes.

 

I'm serious! I'll prove it to you and maybe then you'll stop being a jerk to me. Yonghwa..you think you know me but you don't. “ I could feel the old me returning. “I never back down no matter what problems are thrown my way. I don't need to mooch off anyone. “

 

We shall see..” he finally said after a moment of silence.

 

By the way..do me a favor and don't tell Gary I work here.”

 

Why do you want to keep this secret?” he looked at me confused.

 

I don't want him worry about me...so please can you not tell him.” I asked.

 

Fine.” he then walked away from me only to return to me holding a uniform. “Your secret is safe. Welcome to Jung's Fish N' Dine. “ he tossed the uniform at me. “Pfft...a Becky working at a seafood restaurant hilarious..” he chuckled.

 

That's EX Becky!”

Author's Note

I totally forgot what I was going to say now..fail OTL Hope you like this chapter. I am going to post one more chapter than I have to take a short hiatus.