016

Gary Gary Gary

 

“Blagh”

I closed my eyes and just allowed my boyfriend to release every bit of his nervous “juice” all over my brand new Smarties t-shirt. I could hear my friends either screaming or moving away from us. After a few minutes he was done and I opened my eyes to stare back at him. There was panic all over his face and I think he was on the verge of practically dying. His face was paler than Casper and his eyes the size of donuts.

“My J-J-jihyo I’m sorry I…I…” he ripped off his shirt in a heartbeat and offered to me. “Please take my shirt.” A few girls screamed and covered their eyes at the sight of his bare chest.

This whole time I realized that I had not said a single thing. To be honest I didn’t want to breathe because if I did I would puke myself and possibly murder Gary. However I can’t do that. Today was his big day and the last thing he needed was a big black eye and for me to make him even more nervous. I slowly took the shirt and thankfully the girls help me make it to the bathroom.

 

Minzy had a pair of scissors in her purse which I was thankful for because there was no way I was pulling this shirt over my head. Heck I didn’t even want to touch it.

 

Snip Snip Snip

 

It fell right off me and onto the bathroom floor. We all screamed and I kicked it to the corner of the bathroom. After a few ‘ews’ I gained the courage to pick it up and throw it in the trash can. Then I rushed to the sink and burned my hands with extremely hot water to kill any germs.

“You okay?” Jessica asked me.

“Yeah..but I’m worried about Gary. Did you see how bad he was shaking?” I made it for the door leaving the girls behind after I put on Gary’s shirt. I ran right to where I saw him standing awkwardly in the crowd.

“I’m so sorry.” He said like an eleven billion times as I made it to his side.

“It’s okay a little puke never hurt.” I hugged him. “How are you feeling?” I asked him.

“I’m still scared..I don’t know if I can do this. Look at all these people.” He turned towards the crowdsand I did as well. We were like little ants compared to everyone and I equally could feel Gary’s nervousness but I refused to let it swallow me up. Gary totally needed support and to chase the nerves away pronto. Also he needed a freaking shirt. It dawned on me again after our second hug that I was in contact with skin. My eyes went right to his flat abs-less chest. It was adorable but for my eyes only. I clumsily covered my property with my hands and tried to calm him.

 

“You can’t give up now you just got here. Don’t worry about all these other people you’re the best one here and you know it.” I smiled at him and he couldn’t resist from blushing like a little apple. “It totally would not be fair that no one gets to hear your awesome sauce voice. The world needs Gary.”

 

“Ji..hyo..you really think I’m the best?” he stuttered.

 

“Duh! Why else would I be dating you? I don’t date losers you know.” I fluttered my eyelashes and acted like my old Becky self a little bit.

“Aigoo..” No more words were said only kisses. I could feel all the fear melt away with each sweet peck from his strong lips.

“Guys, guys um you can be lovey dovey laters we totally need to get Gary in line for auditions. Omg and someone get Gary a freaking shirt he isn’t Taeyang!” Minzy pulled us apart and ruined our moment. Grr.

“It’s a good thing I always come prepared.” Jessica reached into her bag and pulled out a spare shirt. “ I was going to say something earlier but it was too amusing seeing you take off your shirt. Talk about no abs what so ever my little bird chested friend.” She laughed and I watched as Gary and her wrestle abit before he put the shirt on.

It didn’t bother me that he didn’t have muscles. Abs are tots totally over rated..except when it involves o. Other than that I am totally bored with hot, toned, muscular, chocolate, delicious.. ‘OMG WHAT AM I THINKING! JIHYO FOCUS!’

“Yah! Don’t bash my boyfriend’s body he is y.” I took Gary’s hand and stuck out my tongue at Jessica. We made it to the sign up line which took forever then Gary received some papers and we went into another line which was a million years long. At first we were all super energetic about being here but hour after hour I think all of it out of us. Well not all of it. From where we stood there was a room each contestant went in to audition. If they came out with smiles, screams and a huge ticket in their hand everyone would cheer for them. However when they came out crying I couldn’t help but feel bad for them. Heck one girl had to be carried out of the building because she was crying nonstop and rolling around the floor. This made me feel nervous all over again and I am a thousand percent sure Gary was too. No matter what happens today I am proud of him for chasing his dreams

“Who’s hungry?” I turned my view to Yonghwa who approached us with snacks. I had not even noticed he got out of line.

“Oh yes me. Me! Me! I’m starving.” Gary snatched the first thing he could get his hands on and gobbled it up. I watched as everyone took a snack from him and I was the only one now standing around not eating.

“Want some?” Yonghwa offered me a sandwich with a sweet smile. It was still odd that he was being so nice to me only yesterday he was being a jerk to me. Actually when I think about it, it was the day before yesterday that he was a jerk to me. From an ice cold prince to my new best friend in practically 24 hours talk about unbelievable.

“Jihyo?”

Once again I’m standing like a blank face fool. I took the sandwich and awkwardly took a bite. My eyes still staring him down.

 

“Is there something on my face?” he rubbed his cheek.

“No it’s just weird that you’re being nice to me all of a sudden.” I whispered. The others were sitting down now in a little circle and a little away from us.

“Why wouldn’t I? We’re the Smarties.” He half hugged me. “Besides I realized that I was just being jealous idiot and totally missing out on befriending my bro’s amazing girlfriend.”

“Shut up with the flattery.” I playful slapped his arm.

“Ok..I’ll stop.” He responded and I hit him again.

“Yah who said you could stop? Go on.”

“But you said..aigoo hahaha. Girls.” He then continued after laughing. “Yes I was stupid to not see what a cool girl you are especially when you stood up against the Beckies and also put up with my bullying at work.” He then frowned a bit. “Sorry for giving you are hard time. At first I thought you just wanted to use Gary for your own amusement. When Gary called me crying on the phone about you that night he went to that party I decided that day that I hated you and would make sure you stayed away from him. I didn’t want him to go through what I did with Minzy but then after you became his girlfriend I realized you weren’t the girl I thought you were and became jealous. I wanted Minzy to do what you had did.” I patted his head.

“Surprise. She did. Your girlfriend stood up against the Beckies just like me and now you two can live happily ever after.” His eyes went to where Minzy was and I saw him give her a warm smile from a distance. “I forgive you too. You’re a good person, Yonghwa.”

His eyes went back to me and we both decided to join the others before we got too gushy with our gromance.

 

“It looks like you're next Gary.” I alerted him as the person before us went inside the judges room. Gary was shaking like a boiling pot now. I paniced when he started making gagging sounds and quickly I covered his mouth.

“Please do not puke again,Gar bear. You're the best remember.” I slowly removed my hands from his mouth. Gary nodded and began chanting he was the best over and over again until he was called next after the person before us came out teary eyed.

“Don't worry we'll come with you.” I pushed him into the room the others trailed behind us chanting for Gary to do his best.

The room was painted blue from ceiling to floor. The only things in the room was a table, three chairs and a huge sign with the company's logo JM Entertainment. There was two female judges and one male judge sitting down with little clipboards in hand. They looked super professional and serious like heck they were not even smiling one bit when we walked in.

 

“Name?” The one with the short boy haircut said as she stared blanked face at Gary.

“K-K-Kang Gary.” my boyfriend stuttered.

“What song will you be singing for us today?”

Gary had left my side to go stand in the center before the table. His eyes were on the floor and he still wouldn't stop shaking. I felt so bad for him I had never seen him like this before. I wish he would be confident like he usually was.

“Gary, what song are you singing?” the lady was growing impatient and began taping her red polished nails against the table loudly.


“I'll be..sing..singing a song I..I wrote.” he finally uttered out after a long awkward silence.

“Ok. You may began.” The man now said. He looked annoyed and already was scribbling things down on his paper.

“Come on Gary, you can do it dude.” Yonghwa called out to him but Gary seem to be in a zoned out state of mind now. He wasn't trembling anymore just looking like someone who was about to be murdered in a horror flick. I could tell by the judge's face if he didn't start singing soon they would dismiss him. That can't happen if that does then Gary will miss out on his dream and it will break his heart. And everything that he was working for would be for nothing. He has been waiting for this day all school year. This properly is nuts but I just gotta do something. I began to recall the lyrics he sung to me that night I slept over, they were practically tattooed on my brain.

 

Baby go go get your gun

Baby fill it up with your love bullets

Oh baby go get your gun

And shoot me in the heart

Go ahead and shoot me down

Only you are the one who can kill me with your love. Oh Oh Oh

Bang Bang Bang kiss me

Bang Bang Bang kill me with your love

Bang Bang Bang love me

Bang Bang Bang go get your gun

I was now at his side singing and moving the melody inside my head. Gary had looked up at me now with a sparkle in his eye that I had never seen before. A gust of charisma filled him as I sung and finally my popstar dreamboat was singing along with me.

 

Oh baby aim your love at me

I wanna be your only target

You can be the cop and I'll be the robber

Cus I plan on stealing your heart for myself

 

I blushed as he locked eyes with me and he performed as if I was one of the judges. I could feel my insides melt with every line and I barely could sing the chorus with him.

 

Bang Bang Bang kiss me

Bang Bang Bang kill me with your love

Bang Bang Bang love me

As we finished up the last of the song Gary did the unthinkable. He planted a big kiss on my cheek right in front of everyone and I immediately stopped singing to cover my rosy cheeks. Applauds filled the room and our eyes went to the scary judges who were now smiling and looking for pleased with our performance.

 

“Wow, you two are so cute.”

“I think I am a fan already.”

“Bwoh, you liked us?” I asked.

“Yes, that was the best performance we saw all day. “

Gary started to faint and I caught him in my arms. I quickly fanned him and snapped him out of his shock. Fainting was not the right thing to do right now.

“What's your name?” one of the judges asked me.

“I'm SongJihyo..” I bowed my head a bit.

“Well Gary and Jihyo you are in.” the older lady held up a pass In her hand. “We want to see you two in the finals as a duo.”

“Wait..the two of us..but I'm not a singer.” I practically screamed but my words were drowned out my my screaming friends congratulating us.

Omo I can't believe this me and Gary a s aduo! Am I dreaming? Someone please don't pinch me I don't want to wake up from this.

Vocabulary:
Gromance - Boy + Girl friendship. Similar to  Bromance and Sistermance.