Chapter Five

The Hustle

CHAPTER FIVE; 

The reason why she felt comfortable in Lu Han's arms escaped her mind. Nevertheless, she didn't need one to know that it felt right in her heart to be where she was. A sense of comfort and security- two things that her life has been lacking for years- invaded her every time he would hold her a little closer, squeeze her a little tighter, snuggle into her a little closer. The feeling was almost indescribable yet the specific word was right on the tip of her tongue.

In a different point of view, this was completely and utterly wrong. She barely knew him; the only thing she knew about him was his motive and his name. Heck, she knew all about him- not his favourite colour, his favourite movie or anything. So, of course it would seem stupid of her to literally fall into his arms and start getting all comfortable- completely and utterly stupid.

A small shift in the bed startled her awake like anything else that moves or makes a sound. Her eyelashes brushed against a hard yet warm surface and a breathless chuckle was heard before another shifting happened. She was now lying on her side, her entire body enveloped in a spicy cologne. The way that she described it made the scent sound awful, but it was very addicted to her nose.

Something started brushing against the side of her face; up and down her cheek ever so gently. Her brown eyes shifted upwards, watching a half asleep Lu Han cuddling beside her with a soft smile adorning his lips. His eyes were barely open so she doubted that he knew what he was doing.

Well, it was up to her to make him realise.

"Get. Off." She mumbled, buried into the crook of his arm. Apparently, she wasn't loud enough so she gave up on using her voice and started using force- her favourite rhyme. Gathering all her strength, she heaved Lu Han's body off the bed, causing a loud thud followed by an even louder groan.

"What the ?" His husky morning voice did things to her that she would never admit out loud or in her head. "What time is it?"

"Time to get the up and get ready," She muttered bitterly, feeling the coldness of the room nip at the exposed parts of her skin. 

"You're definitely not a morning person," He equally muttered and got up, stretching his limbs while she was already entering the bathroom. 

Feeling lazier than usual, she brushed her hair but still ended up in a messy bun. In the midst of finishing up, her 'roommate' walked in without a shirt and spread his legs next to the toilet bowl. Mortified, she threw her towel at him and stormed out.

"You have got to be kidding me," She said angrily while his chuckle filled the room. She slammed the door shut and went over to choose an outfit, but then froze. 

What were they doing today?

"Hey, twit," She shouted and he poked his head through the door. "What are we doing today?"

"Did you just call me a twit?" He raised an amused brow. "And here I am calling you an angel."

She sent him a sarcastic smile. "Just tell me what we're doing so I can get dressed," She rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips.

"What I want to do or what we should do?" He joshed, but her serious glare made him answer quickly. "Next target is Jihoo who is stuck up and never plays around so you need to change things up." He advised.

"So, no baring my or anything?" She feigned a sad expression while adding a pout. 

"Trust me," He chuckled. "I would have loved to see them, but we need to get to work." He mocked her earlier tone. 

Ignoring his last remark, she was swallowed into the depths of her mind, searching for a solution for her problem. Yuri wasn't all about appeal; she had a brain working up there. If Jihoo was the way Lu Han described him to be, she had just the plan to eliminate him.

"Do you have any ideas up there?" He lightly knocked the side of her head and she snapped away from him.

"Of course," She scoffed. "Ever watched those classic spy movies?"

"As a kid, yeah," He shrugged.

"Well we're going to fulfill your childhood fantasies,"

***

"Oh God, this hurts so much," Lu Han groaned while zipping his very tight pants up. His black V-neck hugged his torso snuggly and was quite comfortable, but the matching pants were another story.

"Stop being a ," Yuri laughed. "Just stretch it out and you'll get used to it.

He sighed once more before exiting the bathroom of their cheap motel. He checked his holsters, weapons and other things that were attached to his body. Everything seemed fine and he forgot all about the wedgie sitting firmly in his crack. He was ready and all that was missing was his partner in crime.

"Are you done, tianshi? Because we're going to be late," He rolled his eyes and sat on the edge of the bed, trying to avoid the mysterious stain in the middle of the mattress.

Suddenly, the door to the bathroom opened slowly and all he heard was heeled boots clicking against the cracked tile floors. Soon, Yuri came into his view; dress in a tight silky black fabric jumpsuit. The zipper in the front of her outfit was dangerously low, giving a hint of her perky s. He was excited- to say the least.

"O, wǒ de tiān na, (Oh my God)" He whispered under his breath, his voice raspy from gulping too much.

"Pardon?" She turned back and stared at him, giving him an even better view. "Is something wrong with my outfit?" She twirled around.

"You expect to be hidden in the shadows and yet you wear such an eye catching outfit." He muttered, getting up- stiffly at that.

"Maybe your pants are a bit too tight," She smirked and turned around, her bouncing with each step.

"Nǐ zài kāi wánxiào ba? (Are you kidding?)" He kept mumbling and many more prayers under his breath. "Lord let me get through this night without getting too distracted." He said, looking up at the dirty ceiling.

Nearing midnight, the duo left the motel with their few belongings in a bag. They needed to find a more permanent place to stay instead of changing locations constantly. Lu Han offered his old flat which was pretty secluded yet close to many of the targets' houses' which was strangely convenient. 

With the night as their cover, they quickly made it to Jihoo's house without any problem, but that was before getting in. The mansion was huge and there were guards posted every five meters around the perimeter- the inside would surely be worse. 

"This your doing?" Lu Han asked while gesturing to all the guards.

"I guess," She mumbled, crouching behind the bushes. "Words spread quickly when your business partner dies so suddenly and mysteriously." 

"Great," He mumbled sarcastically. "We have to enter through here since every possible entry seems blocked." He scowled at the large sewage pipe somewhere down the stream they were next to. He found it rather disgusting to be having to crawl through there.

"How come I feel manlier than you?" She giggled while jumping into the pipe, him following.

At her comment, he felt something inside him snap. While she was unaware, he gripped her wrists and pulled her to him, placing her clenched fists on his broad and heaving chest. He was fuming yet he could never bring himself to hurt her. Her eyes were as wide as saucers when his face came mere inches from hers in such a short time.

"Listen here, Yuri," His voice came out harsh and it surprised her that he used her real name instead of her nickname. It scared her less. "I've been completely okay with your snide remarks and whatnot, but I will not let you belittle my manhood. I am more manly than any of the men you've been with combined and if you don't believe, I would be glad to show you." He said through gritted teeth, his eyes blazing. 

Yuri felt like a little girl being scolded by her father before receiving the biggest slap of her life. She felt threatened and scared which was a combination she did not feel comfortable with. Her beating heart stung a bit and she didn't like the closeness between her and Lu Han. 

Every single one of her facial features contorted into anger as disbelief and hurt flashed through her eyes. How could she trust her partner if he could just switch on her like that? Of course she might be the reason for his anger, but it was her way of showing she was no one to mess with, a barrier she puts up to hide from all the bull in life that come hurdling at her.

" you," She scowled, harshly pushing him off and walking further into the sewage pipe without even waiting for him. If he followed of not, she didn't care. He could stay there and rot to hell. 

Lu Han's shoulders slumped forward a bit, all traces of anger seeping out of his system until he was back to himself. He cursed him and his huge ego and pride. His manliness was not something to be reckoned with and he would snap anyone's neck for insulting it. However, his manly side seemed to diminish the moment he saw the hurt and disbelief flash in her eyes. Whatever inkling of trust she had in him was now gone, completely erased. 

"," He cursed angrily before running after her to catch up. He ed up majorly. 

He caught up with her when she was hauling her body over some vent that led to the machine room which was the entire mansion's main power source and plumbing. He wanted to help her, but found it best not to mess with her while she was angry. It would be better if she lashed her anger out at the unsuspecting Jihoo. She stopped walking and let him take the lead to guide her.

They both walked without saying a word and the silence annoyed him. Normally, it wouldn't annoy him that she didn't speak, but knowing that she was mad at him was killing him. He opened his mouth to speak, but then shut it when he couldn't find the courage to.

"Have you heard what's been going on?" Two bulky men were walking down the same hallway as them and Lu Han's reflexes save the both of them from being caught.

Hidden in between the crevasse of a bookcase and wall, their bodies were pressed flush together, but this time it felt different from the other times. She avoided all eye contact with him, watching the hallway intently as the guards passed by.

"What?" The second asked.

"There's this assassin going around killing all the boss' associates," The first one replied. "She's a deadly beauty, though. Hotter than the sun itself-"

They both passed by without even suspecting another presence. Yuri slipped out first, wanting to distance herself from him as fast and as much as possible. He sighed when he watched her get further away and he raced to catch up. 

It took them a total of 10 minutes to find the main office where Jihoo is supposed to be, but he was currently on break. The door was locked and they had a good 5 minutes until he would be back. Lu Han played around with the knob with a glove to prevent leaving prints.

"Move," She shoved him aside, but not harshly. He stepped aside and watched her remove a bobby pin from her hair to stick it into the lock. With a flick of the wrist, the door clicked opened. 

Was it him or was the coldness in her tone became even colder?

They closed the door behind them after entering and quickly found a place to hide. Lu Han opted for the spot right next to the doors so he could lock them once Jihoo enters, trapping him. Yuri would sit in his chair, her back facing the door.

Hidden in plain sight.

Soon, they heard footsteps approaching and Yuri sunk down into her chair, her heart beating from nervousness. Killing was basically an everyday thing for her, but that didn't mean she should get used to it. She heard the door open and then suddenly close before locking. Loud banging coming from the other side was heard- the guards trying to get in.

"What is going on?!" Jihoo's voice boomed. "Lu Han?"

"I'm here, too," Yuri rose from her seat and jumped on the wooden desk, a gun in one hand. "Remember me? Hoo-ah?" She used the nickname only she used to call him, surprising both men. She even offered her sweetest smile, but there was something sinister behind it.

"Yuri?" Jihoo mumbled, fear written all over his face.

"The one and only," She smirked and pointed the gun directly between his eyes. 

Without even waiting for an answer, she pulled the trigger. She didn't see what immediately happened afterwards since the power emanating from the gun leaving the bullet made her flinch and close her eyes. Lu Han watched the blood splatter everywhere, closing his eyes to prevent it from hitting his irises. Jihoo's body fell in a heap, swimming in a pool of his own blood. 

Right then, the office doors burst open and a load of men poured in, stopping dead in their tracks at their dead boss. Their eyes flickered between Yuri and Lu Han before a brawl burst out. They all attacked the duo without mercy and were intended on killing them. Lu Han had no troubles fending off the men and Yuri, too.

But the body can only take a certain amount of blows.

After taking another punch to the stomach, Lu Han was on the brink of crumbling, but took on the last man, ending his life. If they didn't try to kill them, they would all be alive and not laying lifelessly on the ground next to their pathetic excuse of a boss. A loud grunt coming from Yuri caught his attention and his head snapped towards her direction where she was trying to haul a large body off of her smaller one.

"I got you," He grunted, grabbing the dead man's collar and pulling him off. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," She groaned once getting back up, ignoring his helping hand. The gesture hurt a little, but the worry he had for her was overpowering. 

She was limping, her left leg injured badly while she kept holding onto her right side. A small bruise was starting to form under her left eye, too. Lu Han's injuries were less visible; he only had a black eye and a cut above his eyebrow, maybe a few bruising around his ribs, but nothing he couldn't handle. Yuri, however, looked like she would crumble, but looked like she was putting up a strong front.

Getting out of the mansion was easier than expected since almost no one was monitoring the halls. They were all idiots to come all at once and even more stupid to be beaten by only two people- one of which that was barely a quarter of their weight. 

The car ride would have been silent, but Yuri's heavy breathing cleared it. Every time the car would take a small bump or pass over a crack or manhole, she would hiss and wince. He sent her worried stares from time to time, telling her to keep breathing.

"We're almost there," He told her gently. 

"I-I said I-I'm fine," Anyone could tell that she was lying and was clearly in some intense pain. Sadly, going to the hospital was out of the equation considering the fact that they looked like they came out of a horror movie covered in sweat and blood.

The moment his car was parked inside the parking lot of his flat's building, Lu Han gently placed his one arm under her back and the other behind her knees- much to her resistance. The pain must have been too much for her to handle anymore because she finally stopped struggling and was becoming limp in his arms.

"Stay awake, tianshi, you're going to be fine," He whispered to her, watching her eyelids droop.

Once inside his flat, he placed her on the cleared kitchen island and instantly ran to get te first aid kit. Rushing back, he had no other choice but to her jumpsuit to assess her wounds. In her state, he couldn't even look at her hidden behind her sports bra. He was way too concerned about her life that seemed to be holding on by a thread.

He held in a gasp. 

No wonder she seemed to be dying. There was a deep stab wound right under her ribcage and he wondered if it punctured any important organs. He pressed on it with a wet cloth to stop the bleeding and she hissed loudly, a few tears escaping. 

"This is going to sting, okay?" He told her softly. "Here, bite down on this." He placed a rolled up towel between her teeth.

He muttered a soft apology before pouring some alcohol on it which made her bite down so hard, it looked like the towel seemed to do no good. She cried loudly and it finally simmered into a soft sob. She was trying to catch her breath before he started on her sprained ankle. 

", they went to town on you, didn't they?" He muttered and wrapped her ankle gently. "Okay, you need to rest a few days before it fully heals and clean it once in a while. Don't worry, I'm here." He assured and she was too tired to respond.

Lu Han helped her slip into some boxer shorts, but she refused the t-shirt for it was too hot for her liking. He carried her bridal style all the way to his bedroom where she was carefully laid on his mattress, a soft wince escaping her lips. She kept her grip on his shirt and he felt the need to stay by her side.

God, he felt so ing guilty. He messed up so badly today; first, he snapped at her which led to her losing all and any links between her. Then, he let her get hurt by leaving her to fight more people than him. Now, he was the only one that was perfectly fine while she was going to grovel in pain for the next few days.

"I'm so sorry," He whispered, pushing away some strands of hair from her forehead. She looked so calm and innocent. 

Feeling the exhaustion from the day wash over him, he scooted her over to th side and laid next to her. Almost immediately, she clung onto him as if scared to fall. In her sleep, she kept muttering names.

"Yonggie... JooJoo... Hoo-ah..." She whimpered their names which made him wonder;

Who were these men to her?

AUTHOR'S NOTE; 

How's it going? 

I hope you guys like this story, because I'm having a blast writing it! I'm even considering releasing this on Wattpad so you guys can read this on the go :) Should I? Or no?

Anyways, leave your opinions in the comments! I would love to read what you guys think.