Chapter Sixteen

The Hustle

CHAPTER SIXTEEN; 

Lu Han visibly stiffened the minute those words left her plump lips. He had imagined her confessing her love to him countless times before, but it would never compare to when she actually said it. He swear he could hear the angels singing above him. A grin slowly grew on his lips as he pulled her into a tight hug.

It pained the both of them when they pulled apart- him more than her. They entered the building and all the lights seemed to be closed. Afraid, Yuri stepped closer to Lu Han, but he seemed far away. She wanted to call out for him, but was afraid to blow their cover- if they even had one.

Sudden warmth engulfed her hand and the familiar sensation calmed her. He gave her hand a light squeeze before he lifted it up to his lips. When he started to let go, she desperately tried to snatch it back, but he stepped aside.

"Lu-"

"Well hello there, princess," Her entire body froze, shivers racking up her spine. 

All of the lights suddenly opened one by one. At the end of the large, empty room was a group of men- one standing out more than the others. Jung-Hwa stared back at her with that sadistic smile she could never forget. She didn't realize that there were men right behind them until they grabbed their arms.

"L-Let me go!" She struggled and glanced at Lu Han who seemed eerily calm. Was this his plan? Following him, she started calming down and staring straight ahead. Just the sight of whom she used to trust made her cringe.

Slowly, Jung-Hwa stepped closer and closer to her, and she could feel her breath shortening with each step. Her heart was pounding so hard that it caused a small pain in her chest. Almost instantly, flashbacks of the times his dirty hands roamed her body the moment he lifted his hand to caress her face. She noted how Lu Han was still stark calm.

The urge to slap his hand- or more preferably his face- away got the better of her, but the men's grip on her prevented her from doing so. A low chuckle escaped Jung-Hwa's chapped lips as he stepped back. Just as he did, she felt someone else brush past her.

Lu Han.

She eyed him curiously as he walked right after Jung-Hwa's back. She chanted for her partner to just stab his back so that they could get everything over with. But that never happened.

"Good job, Lu Han," Jung-Hwa grinned and placed a hand on the latter's shoulder. A small smirk crept onto Lu Han's lips as he took his eyes off of the older male to glance at Yuri.

Her face dropped at the same time the realization did. "No..." She whispered, boring her eyes into Lu Han's in search for the truth.

'He couldn't... Is he? Impossible...' Her mind was fumbling over her words, trying to make her voice work. 'This must be the plan. It has to be the plan,'

"Yes," Lu Han mocked while crossing his arms. "I love you," Those sickly sweet words twisted her heart painfully until it subsided into a dull ache.

"It was hilarious to watch you fall head over heels for him," Jung-Hwa chuckled lightly while slapping the younger one on the back. "I have to say, Lu, your acting is impeccable. Hell, I would have fallen for you!"

Their mockery was causing tears to sting her eyes, but she kept telling herself that it was all part of the plan. Jung-Hwa will have a bullet to his head and Lu Han would whisk her off. The more she looked into Lu Han's eyes, the more her little hope diminished.

"Lu Han...?" She whimpered his name which caused the two men as well as the others to burst out laughing.

"Oh my! I remembered worrying about a tough girl instead of this weakling. You were foolish to trust- let alone love- someone," Jung-Hwa cackled. 

"Impossible," She whispered to herself.

"Believe it, tianshi," The pet name no longer brought her warmth as usual. Instead, it was starting to empty her heart of any ounce of warmth and love she used to have. "I never thought you would fall so easily. I basically had you wrapped around my finger,"

"And what was this whole ing plan for?!" She snapped, all hope gone.

"Might as well tell her. She won't be here for long," Lu Han chuckled darkly.

"Alright," Jung-Hwa cleared his throat, a glint of amusement in his eyes. "I must start off by thanking you. I never liked those other men- they were beginning to become obstacles to me. You eliminated the ones I had no use for, but the remaining problem was you. I couldn't let you accomplish your silly revenge plan so I sent Lu Han," He patted the younger one's shoulder. "He makes you fall in love with him, he brings you back and I kill you. Easy,"

"What the ?!" She said harshly, forcing her tears in, because once one of them falls, the rest were to follow. "No matter what you do, I'll still find a way to rip you and all your heads off!" She struggled to get free.

"That's what you always say," Lu Han rolled his eyes. "But you're always afraid and I know it," He walked up towards her and started to circle her. "Your weaknesses will kill you. You have stage fright, you're still hesitant when killing, you trust a bit too easily and you love too quickly," Each time he named a flaw was like a dagger to the heart.

Yuri raised her eyes to his- hoping he would realize her mistake. She was beyond hurt and no longer believed this to be part of his plan- actually, it was. It was his plan. She felt stupider by the minute for falling for him, for flinging herself at him, for letting him in, showing her weak side and everything that had to do with him. His stone cold eyes stared back at her, but the smirk was forever there.

"Don't look at me like that," He pouted lightly and she couldn't believe that she ever wanted to kiss those traitorous lips. "You should have seen this coming. How could you ever believe that I loved you or that you could ever be loved? Your parents told you lies,"

"YOU BASTARD!" She wanted to spit in his face. His words hit hard, causing deep cuts into her heart that would probably never heal again. The men pulled her away and the last thing she saw was the face of the one person she hated the most in the world. 

Lu Han.

The large men pulled her to some makeshift prison cell where the walls were made out of nothing but cement. It was cold and damp which made her assume that she was in the basement. They threw her in, making her knees and hands collide harshly with the ground. Every part of her body blocked out the physical pain and zeroed in on the emotional ones. Her entire being was racked with a hatred that could burn you at the slightest touch.

It was the first time in years that she felt such pain, such betrayal. She had made a mistake back then to trust people other than her parents to easily and now she had repeated the same deadly mistake. 

"Never again," She muttered to herself. 

Her killer instincts kicked in and she was determined to get out of there to make them all pay. She sat back in her cell, letting her mind create a plan. Her head lowered with a deadly glint in her eyes.

***

As her figure faded, the pain became more prominent. He hated himself for saying such things and acting like that, but that was for the plan. Jung-Hwa had enlisted his help months before and it was an obvious choice to decline, but that would entail risks for himself and most importantly, Yuri.

He accepted 'with pleasure' to help and 'make her fall for him' with the intent of backstabbing the little later on. However, he didn't take count on how hurtful it would be to everyone beside Jung-Hwa. 

Walking alongside the man in question, Lu Han had to resist the urge to choke him out. He had to keep up the act for so long and was to never divulge the plan to Yuri. Jung-Hwa was smart to place microphones and cameras everywhere. His heart quivered at the thought of Yuri being 'handled' by those men. Just a bit more and he could take her away from all of this.

"Cheers," Jung-Hwa placed a cup of alcohol in his hands and started sipping. Lu Han discretely threw the cup's contents over his shoulder.

"Here, I'll pour the next one," He offered and grabbed the older one's cup.

"Are you sure? I could do it," Jung-Hwa eyed him sceptically.

"Please, you would never pour the amount I want," He joked; acting relaxed and completely loosened up. The oldest nodded with a grin and walked back to his desk.

With their backs turned to each other, Lu Han quickly poured a capsule of white powder into one cup and walked back. Jung-Hwa happily took the cup and brought it to his lips, but paused when he was about to drink.

"Problem?" Lu Han asked.

"Actually," The older male narrowed his eyes at him. "I want that cup," He grabbed Lu Han's cup and switched it with his. "It seems... Less full," He was suspicious of him. 

"Alright," Lu Han chuckled. "I always liked to drink more. Gets hair on your chest," Without hesitation, he chugged the glass down, causing Jung-Hwa to widen his eyes at him before downing his own cup.

In an instant, Jung-Hwa collapsed to the floor with his hands at his throat, desperately trying to breathe. Lu Han bent down to his level and picked up Jung-Hwa's cup with a napkin.

"The drink wasn't drugged, you idiot," He scoffed and pulled off the skin-like glove from his hand. "The cup was,"

"S-She..." He couldn't understand, so Lu Han bent closer to hear. "She will die..." 

Without a second thought, Lu Han pulled out his gun and shot Jung-Hwa's chest before rushing out to get Yuri. The moment he exited the room, he was greeted by flames and men running around in an effort to escape. 

"!" Lu Han cursed while running to one of the men, grabbing their collar. "Where is she?! Where is the girl?!"

"Who the cares?! She'll die with the house and so will you if you don't get out!" He shouted and pulled himself away, bolting down the fiery halls.

He felt the tightening of his chest as Lu Han ran the opposite direction in the hopes to find Yuri. He opened his ears to hear anything except the roar of the fire and the annoying screams of men. While turning a corner, his whole body was collided to a hoard of suited men who gave him no space to weave through. They all pushed him back, bringing him closer to the exit.

"NO! You ers, let me go!" He shouted and was tossed to the grassy ground where he scrambled to his feet to get back inside the fiery pit.

His efforts were pushed back as firemen started hosing the flames, trying to tame them, but it seemed useless as the fire grew bigger, wider and brighter. He felt this ache grow in his chest before he felt it rip through him like a sharp blade, causing him to fall to his knees and scream out in agony. 

The one person he truly trusted and actually loved was possibly burning with everything else in the building, and her last memory of him was his betrayal. The guilt was killing him, the pain worse then getting a bullet wound to the chest more than a thousand times. He could remember the look of pain and hatred in her eyes as she was pulled away, and that face would forever be branded in his mind.

It hurt.

It hurt so damn much.

He wanted to grab a knife and cut his heart out- it would be better than the pain he was feeling. He wanted to cry out to release he frustration, anger and sadness, but it felt like it was all stuck in his throat. It was a suitable punishment, but he felt like he deserved more- worse.

Miraculously, the flames were tamed and were nothing but smoke. It was a sad sight; the charred skeleton of the building remaining and everything burnt to a crisp. His shaky legs walked through the rubble, looking around for any signs of Yuri, but he hoped that he didn't find anything. He hoped with all his might that she escaped at the last minute like she always did.

His hopes were crushed when he noticed a pair of familiar black pumps amongst the ash.

AUTHOR'S NOTE; 

How y'all feeling?

I hope this chapter portrayed the right emotions and that things didn't flow to quickly. This update seemed somewhat special since it's the most dramatic one so I really hoped it turned out well.

Also, sorry for being late on this update... Writer's block. Besides, I'm planning on updating my other stories, too!

Comment bellow about your reaction to this chapter! And if you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)

Okay, Yuri obsession over :')