Chapter Four

The Hustle

CHAPTER FOUR; 

One hour before the whole event for Lee Minjoon's bachelor party and Lu Han had somehow managed to get Yuri into the very private bachelor party- as a performer. Not just any performer, the lead belly dancer. The news that she was able to even attend the elite party made her face light up, but the fact that she had to perform made her want to wrap her slender fingers around his neck.

"Stupid Chinese son of a-" She muttered under her breath, examining the costume in the body length mirror before being interrupted by the one and only.

"Hurry, tianshi, time is ticking!" He knocked on the other side of the door and she could feel the smirk forming on his lips. 

She ripped the door open, but only just a smidgen so she wasn't revealing her barely clothed body. "Hand me a jacket." She stuck out her hand, but felt something warm grip it.

"Nuh-uh, I need to inspect the outfit before we leave. It's my duty as Minjoon's guard to make sure everything is safe and... Secure." His voice dropped a few octaves as he forcefully pulled her out. She stumbled a few meters in front of him and he shamelessly eyed her from head to toe, his shooting out and damping his lips. 

Yuri wore a golden bra with little dangling metal chains that covered her entire chest with the bottom that was covered in a sheer gold fabric that was also connected to the cuff on her hands. Her makeup was a much defined eyeliner and light brown eye shadow that made her eyes stand out. Her lips were a bright and bold red that would make any man want to press his lips against hers. Finally, her newly colored brown hair was cascading down her shoulders and soft waves/curls. 

"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes," He chuckled, grasping her shoulders.

"Save me the compliments." She rolled her eyes. "Are you done eye- me? Because I don't want to be late for my performance," She did a cute pose that made him laugh.

"Very adorable, tianshi," He shook his head, still laughing. He grabbed something from the bag where her outfit was placed in after buying it and pulled out a veil made of sheer fabric, the same fabric of her skirt. "Hold still," He mumbled and stood closely to her. 

His touch was delicate and it felt like he would only be that way to her, especially for her. Lu Han kept his eyes locked on hers as he tied the knot of her veil. He kept his hands lingering there longer than they should as they were both stuck in some sort of trance. When he pulled away, she felt... Cold.

"Hey, twit," She called out which made him stop and turn back to her. "Come here." She motioned and he complied.

Once again, they were in close proximities as their breaths mingled together. Her hands went around his neck, but gently and fixed his collar before getting to his loose bow tie. She knew how to tie it thanks to her father who just loved to wear any types of ties possible. 

"Over the other and under another... Zigzag it and lap it... And that's how you tie a tie." She muttered to herself, completely in her own little world. He smiled to himself, watching her chant to herself a simple rhyme for ties. "Done," She whispered, finally realizing how close they were.

His hands fiddled with the ends of her veil. They were itching to just rip it off to get a clear shot at her lips. He wanted to know what they tasted like despite the layer of lipstick on them. He wanted to know what it would feel like to have them pressed against his. The desire was burning every part of him.

"We need to go," She quickly pulled away, anything soft and innocent in her features long gone and replaced with nothing but ice. "I can't afford to waste any more time."

"Of course," He nodded, letting out a breath of air he didn't even know he was holding. Was she the cause of this effect on him? "Ladies first," He stepped aside and let her pass first.

During their walk out the hotel, she decided to talk and break the ever so awkward silence. "You better have gotten all your stuff out because we're not coming back here."

"What? Why?" He asked, opening his sleek, black Mercedes Benz. She never asked how he got it and she didn't need to know. 

"We've over stayed our welcome," She said while buckling her seatbelt. "The longer we stay, the shorter our lifespan gets."

"Interesting logic," He stated while revving up the engine. 

Once again, they were stuck in silence.

"I-" Just as he was about to speak, she cut in.

"Let's get something straight," She started. "There can never, ever be anything between us. Nothing romantic or any of the sort," 

"Um, okay," He nodded slowly, wondering if the pinching feeling in his chest was disappointment. "No fooling around?" He pouted, obviously joking with a small hint of him begging behind his words.

He smirked when she didn't respond, but then: "No."

"And why not? We could have one of those friends with benefits thing going on." He suggested, nudging her shoulder, but she still didn't like the idea.

"Because that would lead to feelings and emotions," She muttered bitterly. "I don't need to get distracted especially not with someone I'm working with."

"Sometimes you need a good distraction," He stopped at a red light and took his chance to look at her, turning himself to the side.

"And you're that good distraction?" She half-scoffed-half-chuckled. 

"Of course," He said cockily before having to turn back to continue the drive.

His ego only broadened when he heard her mutter: "I'll think about it."

***

They both entered the party easily thanks to Lu Han's identity and Yuri's costume. He led her backstage to where the other dancers were stretching and practicing by themselves. Her heart was thundering in her chest at the idea of dancing half in front of a crowd. Plus she didn't even know the damn routine. Feeling her nervousness, Lu Han turned her around and held her shoulders in a tight yet reassuring grip.

"Don't worry about it. Just shake that of yours and you'll be fine," He instructed and she nodded meekly. It was funny, really. She had no problem killing, but dancing made her go rigid. "Do your little persuasion thing you do so well and Minjoon would be wrapped around your finger."

"Persuasion, okay..." She took deep breaths and it surprised him at how vulnerable she looked, wringing her hands and looking around nervously. 

"I hate to say this, but Yuri, you have to be very careful. Minjoon is armed 24/7 and has bodyguards following him, too." He warned. "I suggest killing him quietly." He whispered the last part to make sure no one heard him.

"Aren't you one of his 24/7 bodyguards?" She raised an inquiring brow.

"Not since last week," He shook his head. "I'm here as a guest."

"Ladies! You have 2 minutes!" A man from the staff with a clipboard shouted and the dancers scurried to their spots. It felt like there was a bomb going off and 2 minutes was all she had left.

"I hate you so much for doing this to me," She whispered harshly as Lu Han brought her to the center of the stage and made her sit down. "To hell with your friends with benefits crap," She scowled.

"You actually considered it?" He gave her a boyish grin.

"Shut up and get off the damn stage," She snapped and he chuckled, shook his head and left. 

"Good luck," He muttered before running back to his table where Minjoon was sitting and chatting happily with friends. He had to hide a scowl when sitting next to him.

"Hey, Lu Han! How are you doing?" Minjoon slapped his hand on the back of Lu Han's back, obviously a bit intoxicated. 

"Hey, man, happy birthday," He greeted and fell silent as the lights dimmed and the curtains opened. He mentally counted down the minutes until Yuri would end the birthday boy's life.

The first thing everyone's eyes were attracted to was Yuri and her flamboyant gold outfit that shimmered under the stage lights. Her perfectly tanned legs were sprawled out before she tucked them under her to get back up on her feet. Her hips swayed carefully to the music, nice and slow. Every male in the room- which was basically everyone- held in their breath as soon as the song picked up. 

Without wanting to, Lu Han had to tear his eyes from Yuri to look at the effect she had on Minjoon who was sitting off the edge of his chair, jaw dropped and eyes wide- not to forget the slight bump in his pants that he preferred to ignore at all costs. 

Lu Han went back to being mesmerized by Yuri's moves considering the fact that she didn't even know the routine yet she acted and danced like she did. Her entire body was eye capturing with voluptuous curves and a healthy glow. She was so beautiful, so exposed that it was hard to keep him from sitting still.

Finally, the torture of watching and not touching was over, Lu Han wanted to spring out of his seat in the search for Yuri, but Minjoon beat him to it. The man was out of his seat faster than he would for any other girl. Lu Han had to sit back and wait for everything to go down. 

Meanwhile on Yuri's side, her heart finally found its rhythm back, but she was still trembling. That might have been the worst experience of her life. It was bad enough that she an incurable stage fright, but it became even worst when all the attention was on her. She cursed Lu Han until got sore.

While walking back to the changing rooms to get the hell out of the too revealing costume, she was pulled to the side and almost cussed at Lu Han for scaring her, but then bit her tongue when Minjoon was staring down at her, smiling as if he had found some precious gem.

"Who might this be?" He said, lowering his voice a few octaves to attract her, but she caught his little act. No one can out manipulate a manipulator.

"Do your little persuasion thing you do so well and Minjoon would be wrapped around your finger." Lu Han's words echoed through the thoughts and she immediately raised the corners of her lips slightly, using her looks to her full advantage as well as the lack of clothing.

"Shouldn't you know? You are the birthday boy," She batted her dark lashes.

"What's the point in receiving presents when you already know what you're getting?" He tilted his head, some of his dark brown locks falling over his eyes which made her reach out and tuck it away. It would be a lie to say that he wasn't handsome, but his looks would lead him nowhere with her. 

"Smart," She grinned and her heels to walk away only to know that he would pull her back.

"Wait," He held her wrists and the same irking feeling came back to her. All men were the same, thinking that holding a girl's wrists were enough to make them swoon or simply giving half true compliments. "I just think you're interesting and want to know you a little more." He might sound like a true Romeo, but his eyes were crooked- aimed at her chest.

"Alone?" She asked, running a finger down his chest.

"There would be some guards outside," He rubbed his nape and she mentally cursed. Lu Han was right. 

"I don't mind," She snuggled up to his side, faking her smile. He placed his hand on her hip, dangerously close to the band that held her bottom stuck to her skin.

They both entered a room where the lights were dimmed. She caught a glimpse of two guards stationed outside before the door closed and Minjoon was closing in on her, loosening his tie. She sat on the bed and extended her leg nonchalantly, capturing his burning gaze. She sighed, nothing but lust.

Why was she complaining like she wanted something real? She didn't need it- not now.

"This is going to be a good birthday present," He rubbed his hands together and sat beside her.

"Let's get this over with," She thought to herself. 

He pulled her to his lap and she ran her hands over his chest, playing with the buttons before undoing them. Once done, she got a clear shot of his beating heart, but apparently, she was too slow for his liking and pushed his lips upon her. She wished that the alcohol he consumed would overtake her taste buds, but she could taste... Him

The moment his tongue slipped in and she couldn't bite down on it, that's when her hand reached down to her pocket knife. Of course, he thought she was playing around and gripped her hand, placing it right on top of his bulge. Something inside her chest was bubbling to the point where her vision was getting blurry. She has never, not once, been this close to a man. Yuri would always plunge her knife into their chest before they could get any farther then touching.

This right here was a taste of reality- no pun intended.

A small whimper escaped her lips, but he mistook it as a moan and continued to run his hands everywhere, making her feel even more uncomfortable. With her weapons out of reach and the situation out of control, she didn't know what to do and felt panic rise within her. Breath was starting to lack, but he seemed to have strong lungs.

Finally, he was pulled off and his bare chest was adorned with blood and a knife- right into his heart. Lu Han was panting right above the gasping, bloody mess that was Minjoon. Although he was quickly forgotten as Lu Han's eyes were darted to Yuri who was a complete mess- messy hair, swollen lips, tear stained cheeks and heavy breathing. 

Within seconds, he was right in front of her and assessed her with his eyes to look for any injuries before pulling her flush against him. It was like she had been holding her breath the entire time and she finally let it out once she felt his arms around her trembling body.

"What's wrong with me? Why am I crying?" She scolded herself and wanted to stop, but didn't have the energy to pull away from him.

"Y-You... T-Traitor," Minjoon panted, struggling to stay alive. "I-I treated y-you-"

"Like a piece of ," Lu Han finished for him. "Just because you invited me to your party, doesn't mean that I didn't owe you."

Without further ado, Lu Han pulled out a small gun and shot at the side of Minjoon's head- bull's eye. He them threw the gun into the dead man's hand and walked out with Yuri tucked carefully under his arm. His jacket was shrugged off and placed over her shoulders as he led them out the back way. She almost stumbled back after seeing the beefy guards' bodies slumped over outside the room- dead. That's why they didn't barge in after hearing the gun go off.

***

It has been utter silence ever since entered their newly rented hotel room far from Minjoon's birthday venue. Tonight was different from any other nights since Yuri was actually having physical contact with Lu Han. A lot of physical contact. 

As he laid on the bed's soft mattress on his back with one arm tucked under his head, Yuri laid on top of him, selfishly taking advantage of his warmth. What prevented her from smacking him away was his comforting hand on the small of her back and his thumb drawing small circles. Her head was laid above his heart, listening intently on each beat.

"I'm getting tired of the silence," She mumbled, her plump lips forming a pout. 

Fearing that she would leave the comfort of his arms, he tightened them around her petit body. "Do you want to hear a story?" He suggested and felt the softness of her breath hit his chest- she was chuckling. "What would you like to hear?"

"What happened tonight?" She asked in a quiet voice.

"Well, you succeeded in persuading him, that's for sure and I had to sit back," He grumbled. "Waiting," He sounded irritated. "But when you didn't come back after 7 minutes, I got worried."

"I usually take 7 minutes?" She sounded astonished and a bit disappointed. From now on, no more chatting with the victims. He simply nodded. "You count?" He nodded again.

"Those so called bodyguards were just standing there like statues so it was easy to take them out. I was expecting another dead body inside, but I was... Surprised," He ground out. "Anyone with damn eyes could see that you didn't want him doing what he was doing, but the bastard was too damn dense to realise anything through his lust." His tone became more grave and louder.

"Why do you hate him so much?" The question was like a gush of wind- strong and unexpected. 

"I hate all of them," He muttered bitterly. 

"Why?"

He sighed and ran a hand down his face, hoping to remove all traces of irritation. "I was young and they ruined my life by tricking me into debt. They are all bastards for putting me through all their all because they were too coward to face it themselves. My parents don't even recognize me anymore and things will continue to change for the worst if I don't do anything about it." He took a breath. "I've came close to death more times than I can count."

Somehow, that last part made a pinching sensation in her chest.

"That ," Was her lame response. At least it made him chuckle.

"And I reckon I won't be getting anything out of you?" He joshed and she kept quiet. "No rush," He shrugged and got more comfortable, pulling her body closer so she wouldn't feel uncomfortable with half her body hanging off it his. "So what are-"

Her soft snores cut him off.

"Never mind," He chuckled to himself and thought about laying a peck on her forehead. He decided against it and slowly fell asleep.

Three targets down, nine more to go.

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

Well, I'm guessing everyone has heard of the recent news? I'm happy for Yuri as long as she's happy, I'm happy :) I've had a dilemma on whether continuing my stories with Yuri in them, because I thought it would be disrespectful towards the couple, but thanks to my dearest followers and friends, I've decided on continuing!

Other news, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LULU DEER! So grown up and manly lol :') 

 

 

Like seriously, who can look like a total badass one second and then a playful, innocent boy the next?? D: Like, wtf?! *bows down*