Chapter Three

The Hustle

CHAPTER THREE; 

"To be completely, I'm not going to say much, but my answers would clear that little head of yours." He faked a smile and tapped the side of her head.

"Don't touch me," She barked, muttering more insults under her breath.

"How are you going to stop me?" He placed both his warm hands on her exposed thighs and gave them a small squeeze- which he soon regretted. What he failed to notice was that he gave her a clear shot at his jewels and that sent him crumbling to the ground. "! Again?!"

"Stop playing around and start talking." She ordered and leaned back in her seat.

"This is ridiculous," He uttered, his voice hoarse which made her legs tense. "You're the one tied to a chair and I'm still taking orders from you."

"I said start talking." She said through gritted teeth. Yuri always did have a problem with patience.

"No," Lu Han shook his head. "I'm penalizing you." He stated.

"WHAT?!" She screeched. "Stop stalling and tell me what I need to know!"

"Not until I find out the name of my new partner in crime." He smirked, all evidence of pain wiped off his face. He stood smugly in front of her, making sure to keep a good distance as well. Just when she shook her head, refusing, he added: "You basically have no other choice."

"Like hell I don't!" She shouted. "I don't need a partner and never will! You're wasting my time and I have a whole list of people I need to eliminate and I'm doing jack with you blabbering on!" She hit her boiling point as the tips of her ear turns red and her eyes were blazing.

"A name is all I need, tianshi." He liked seeing her all frustrated; it gave her a y aura.

"ING YURI!" She gave up. Never has she been so mad- well, excluding the day that caused her to go on a killing spree.

"So do I call you ing or Yuri?" He smirked, but immediately became serious when he saw her murderous glare. "Fine," He huffed. "I work for every single one of those men and have fallen debt to them- a debt that I can only pay with my life. I need to get out of that by killing them, but I can't do it alone. I've done my research and stumbled upon your case."

She ground her teeth together, shutting her eyes. He eyes her curiously, waiting for a reaction that never came. "Get on with it." She muttered, eyes closed.

"After you killed Yongchul, I knew you were the perfect partner." He grinned, but there was something dark behind it.

"Too bad I'm not looking for one. I work alone and your help is not needed." She blew him off and stared to the side.

"I think my help you be of much assistance." He argued calmly. "You see, those men are not just business men. They train people like me to be assassins or whatnot. I'm basically trained to kill to protect them."

"Your point?" She quirked a brow which caused his tongue to shoot out and his bottom lip out of temptation. "I can still manage on my own."

"How can you get close enough to kill them? Seducing them won't work every time. I've known them for years and know how to fool each and every one of them. You were lucky that the first two were plain , but the rest have wives or are either too busy to even glance at your face let alone your ." She hated to admit it, but he was right and that smirk of his was not helping her admit it out loud.

"How do I know that you won't stab me in the back later on?" She questioned.

"Why would you think that?" He answered easily- honestly.

"In my type of business, there is no time to even close your eyes, because we never know who will sneak behind your back in the dark. Putting trust in someone instead of yourself is stupid and will get yourself killed. It is a 'kill or get killed' world out there." She stared him straight in the eyes and scanned his face for any indication of lying.

"Trust me," He stood up and placed his hands over her tied wrists and undid them. "I would never hurt an angel." The corner of his lip perked up.

Once free, she had an overwhelming urge to punch him, but after what he just said, it would be like punching a puppy. She chewed her inner cheek, thinking over his proposition and the many consequences that might happen in the long run. It would be a risk that she wasn't sure if she was willing to take. What if all her efforts to avenge her loved ones die in vain all because of him?

"Let's go." She said, shooting out of her chair and to the closet where her stuff was.

He chuckled. "Does this mean that I'm your partner?"

"Yes," She replied. "Now get ready and let's go." Yuri was dressed in tight, skinny jeans and a loose t-shirt accompanied by some black sneakers. A simple outfit worn by a complicated girl. 

"I don't think it would be very subtle of me to come out with a crinkled and dirty dress shirt and pants." Lu Han raised his brows.

She sighed loudly and waked up to him, running her eyes over his clothes and started thinking. Just then, a wicked smirk adorned her features as she gently ran her fingers up his arms, causing a small shiver to run through his veins. Yuri then gripped his biceps and he did what any other man would do- he flexed. She took half a step closer and they could feel each other's heartbeats, waiting to see whose would beat faster first.

Finally, she clutched onto the fabric of his sleeves and harshly ripped them off, causing him to flinch and stare at her wide eyed. She sent him a innocent smile.

"Problem solved!" She chirped. "Oh and, by the way, my seduction method works just fine." She winked and left him there, stunned.

"Ah!" He ruffled his hair in frustration as she entered the bathroom. "Damn, manipulative-"

"You called?" He looked back and saw Yuri leaning on the door frame, a smug look on her plump lips.

"Nothing," He shook his head, letting his hair mess around even more which caused her lips to bite back a remark that might embarrass her. "Are you ready yet?"

"I am, but you aren't." She walked up to him and he sent her a confused look. "Did I ually frustrate you?" She pouted, her protruding lips making the temptation hard for him to fight against. 

"N-No," He cursed his mouth for stuttering like a fool. 

"Really?" She questioned. "Because I had a way to relieve you." The way she purred that simple word made something stir in his lower region. He squeezed his thighs together, trying to control himself as her delicate finger traced the lines of his abs.

"I-Is that s-so?" Lu Han threw trying to seem under control out the window and full out stuttered his words. This woman was going to be the death of him one day. Her finger was dangerously close to his sensitive spot.

"Yeah..." She drawled out in a breathless voice.

In one push, he was sitting at the edge of the bed and she fell to her knees. His eyes widened as he tried to keep his provocative thoughts at bay. He was seriously going to lose control the moment she decides to lean in closer to his friend

Finally, she made her move. She gripped his pants and tugged it down- but a bit too forcefully. A loud rip resonated through the room and she got back up, one ripped pant sleeve in each hand. She smirked victoriously. 

"Now you don't look so stuck up." She said cheerfully- obviously fake. "Or like a man who recently got kicked out by his wife and resorted to drinking his sorrows away all night."

"Ugh! Are you serious?!" He got up frustratingly and stormed to the bathroom. 

"Make sure to take a cold shower!" She yelled out, laughing uncontrollably afterwards.

***

After a long ride in a taxi- ever so generously paid by the late Joon-ho. Yuri and Lu Han exited the car and started their walk towards the woods. He kept eyeing her suspiciously during the whole way, biting back his questions, but after another mile or so, he had to ask.

"Where exactly are we going?" He was getting irritated. First she assaulted his privates, then she ripped his expensive clothes, and now she was leading him to the middle of nowhere.

"Maybe if you opened your eyes," She trailed off, walking further as he stayed behind.

"Stop being cryptic and tell me." He rolled his brown orbs, taking a few more steps until he was right behind her.

"So impatient," She accused before pulling back some branches that finally revealed a small wooden cabin.

Lu Han's eyes almost popped out of his head, wondering why there was a cabin in the middle of all this vegetation. She seemed to know where and what she was doing so he took the decision to follow her- for now. He was still keeping a wary eye on her. 

They both walked up to the door, slightly rotten and hanging loosely on its hinges. Yuri knocked and they both waited while listening to the shuffling sounds on the other side. In a few seconds, a scrawny man opened the door- small, pale and somewhere near his late 30's. With evident lust and admiration in the man's eyes, he let Yuri in without questioning, but stopped Lu Han.

"Leave him be, Gun, he's with me." She said without even glancing back. Gun- or so she called him- sent him a quick glare before scurrying behind her.

The further they walked through the cabin, the more Lu Han realized that it was much deeper and large the interior was. Aisles upon aisles of weapons started appearing and it didn't seem like it would end soon. She was off to the side where the guns were and he decided to join her before he got lost.

"What are you playing with, tianshi?" He asked, watching her fiddle with a handgun.

"Gearing up," She answered, focusing only on the weapon at hand. "And you know my name yet you still call me with that pet name of yours." She scoffed lightly.

"I prefer tianshi," With a knowing grin, he answered her before she could even ask. "Because it's something only I get to call you."

"Then it is only fair that I give you a nickname." A hint of a smile played on her pink lips which made him want to lean in and close the space. 

"As long as it's not insulting, then I'm okay with it." He shrugged and went over to look at some knives. "So, where are we?" He changed the subject.

"Where I get my weapons. Gun over there supplies me with every gadget I need to get out alive." She explained quickly, pulling her attention back to other weapons.

"In exchange for what?" He asked out of curiosity, but she couldn't help but notice a hint of jealousy in his tone.

"For nothing," She shrugged her suspicions off. "He's a good friend and offered to help without anything in return."

"Maybe he's waiting for you to offer something." Lu Han suggested.

"Offer what exactly?" She placed the few bombs in her hands down and stared at him.

"I don't know. -" He was cut off when she started laughing hysterically. He just watched her like she was a complete psycho.

She wiped a non-existent tear from her eyes before straightening up. "Honestly, Lu Han, do you really think of me in such a way?" She giggled lightly. "I'm not a who uses to get what she wants. I use persuasion which is different."

"How is it different?" He dared to ask.

A sly smirk lit her face as she sauntered towards him, hips swaying lightly but effectively. "First I start off with a small walk to intrigue my prey." She narrated and his eyes were glued to her waist. She trailed the tips of her fingers across his broad chest that started heaving. "Then a few light touches to capture its attention."

"W-What next?" He gulped, ignoring the daggers Gun was shooting at him. He couldn't give a single ; his sole focus was the little vixen in front of him. 

She leaned her face closer, wrapped on leg around his waist which he held tightly in his hand and lightly kissed his jaw. "I go in for the kill." She whispered breathlessly.

Suddenly, as soon as she said those words, he felt a cold blade graze the spot right above his rapid heart. He stared at her wide eyes before she retracted the knife, tucking it in her back pocket. She was immensely satisfied at how well she could have him wrapped around her finger. A sense of dominance washed through her whenever he would stutter or gulp nervously.

"Persuasion and are two completely different things to me." She stated before picking up a few things. "Hey, Gun!" She called out and the guy scurried over, a happy puppy expression on his face. "Anything new?"

"Yeah!" He stated excitedly. "It's in the more private areas, though." He glanced at Lu Han while saying 'private', stating that he was not allowed anywhere near them. 

"Oh, well, is there anything here?" She asked and he used his hand to muffle his laughter when Gun's expression fell. This girl might be pretty smart when it comes to most things, but she's oblivious when it comes to anything that involves love.

"Uh, n-no, I don't think so," Gun stuttered, rubbing the back of his boney neck.

"Alright, then I'll just take these." She placed some things in her bag and zipped it up. "Thanks, Gun, see you next time!" She waved and walked out with Lu Han in tow.

"You know that guy likes you." He stated once they were out of the cabin.

"I know," She said expressionlessly and he stopped, frozen.

"You knew? Then why don't you-"

"What can I do exactly? I don't like him and have made it obvious that I don't want anything romantic with him. It's his choice if he wants to keep pursuing me or not." She shrugged which left him jaw-dropped. Maybe she wasn't as dumb as he thought. She clearly had everything put together.

"I guess you're right, but that can't stop you for feeling bad for the guy." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"I can't feel bad for anyone but myself." She said coldly, her tone turning grave.

"And why is that?" He asked curiously.

"This is not a time for interrogation." She snapped, but it barely affected him. "We need to get you a suit and then get on with the killing before I lose any more of my diminishing patience." She grumbled and stomped the rest of the way out. 

He just hit a sensitive spot.

AUTHOR'S NOTE; 

Writing this story is so much fun! :D

I honestly like this type of action/thriller story and I'm wondering if you guys enjoy it just as much!

Comments, theories, critics are accepted, but please try not to spoil anything for those who haven't read the story yet! Thanks~