Chapter Fifteen

The Hustle

CHAPTER FIFTEEN; 

A light feathery touch lured her out of her sleep, but lulled her to sleep at the same time. Like a moth to a flame, Yuri was attracted to the heat the Lu Han's body emitted. She leaned herself a bit closer and a low chuckle was blown into her ear, causing a small grin to spread on her lips. Without needing to open her eyes, she pressed her lips against his bare chest, leaving them there for a few lingering seconds.

"Wake up, tianshi," He whispered, continuing the fluid movements of his fingers across her back. She lightly shook her head and tried to fall back asleep. "Alright, 30 minutes is all that you get," He sighed and crossed his arms around her. She whimpered which, to him, meant a 'thank you'. 

The next time he woke up was because his tianshi was pressing light kisses on his chest. A chuckle rippled through him as he pulled her more closely. He cupped her face, moving the stray strands of hair in the process, and pulled her face closely for a tender kiss.

"This is a nice way to wake up," He mused as he ravished her lips.

"Mh-hm," She mumbled, closing her eyes to further enjoy the kiss-turned-make-out-session. "You should enjoy it since it'll be a while until you get this again," She giggled as he took a hold of her bottom lip.

"I don't believe that," He sat himself up and held her waist as she laid herself on top of him, placing her head right above his heart. He took a moment to look at her, fully take her in with every one of his senses. 

"What are you looking at?" She scoffed and pushed his head to the side. 

"At a beautiful creature," He murmured which caused her to burst out laughing.

"You were doing great until you called me a creature," She snorted and rolled off of him. 

"Thanks for shooting me down," He muttered sarcastically.

After they both washed up, Yuri was in the kitchen cooking breakfast while Lu Han said he had to take a call. While placing some bacon on a plate, she felt arms wrap around her waist and someone's breath on her neck. 

"Almost done?" He asked and she nodded before passing him a plate. 

They both ate silently except for the occasional clinking of their utensils against the plate. As Yuri chewed, her eyes started to rise and met his. Her eyes frantically glanced back down at her plate and she could just imagine him smirking. While picking at her food, she felt something in between her feet. Suddenly, her feet were kicked aside, opening her legs. 

"What are you doing?" She inquired, frowning at a grinning Lu Han.

"Nothing," He shrugged at picked at his food.

When she tried to close her legs back, they were kept apart by his legs. Rather than giving in and playing footsie underneath the table, Yuri rolled her eyes and got up to put her plate away.

"So what are we-" She was abruptly cut off when Lu Han pushed himself against her, trapping her between his body and the kitchen counter. 

"You're no fun, tianshi," He sighed, playing with her hair.

"Because I'm not a horn dog like you," She pouted and quickly pecked his lips before ducking under his arms, scurrying away. He chuckled and followed her to the living room.

Half an hour into the movie they started to watch, Lu Han started complaining. "This is so boring! That's so typical. I knew that would happen,"

"Lu! Shut the up!" She groaned loudly and swatted his chest.

"What? This seriously is boring!" He scoffed.

"Then what do you want to do?" She rolled her eyes, but instantly regretted it once she saw the look in his eyes. "Never mind," 

Yuri ignored his existence and focused on the movie at hand, but it was pretty hard when the rascal started trailing small kisses up her neck. He grinned every time she would shiver, but she tried to pretend that it didn't happen. His lips were like a torture device that gives you a sense of pleasure at the same time- if that made any sense at all.

"Lu Han," She scolded and pushed him off, but his arms instantly wrapped themselves around her waist. 

She tried her damn hardest to focus on the TV, but Lu Han made it his mission to stop her. His tongue flicked the sensitive spot on her neck and she held in a gasp as well as clenching her legs together. She was going to reprimand him again, but he beat her to it, covering with his.

Unlike all the other times, this kiss was much gentler and passionate. In one swift move, Yuri found herself perched on his lap without losing his lips. It was going smoothly until he grasped her , causing her to gasp and giving him to chance to further explore . If only she had stronger lungs. Yuri pulled away to catch her breath, but he seemed to have all the energy and oxygen in the world as he assaulted her neck once more.

"Lu Han," Her voice came out more breathless than she would have liked which clearly excited him. He picked her up and brought her to the bedroom without any problem.

Once laid down, Lu Han finally took a chance to observe her. He laced their fingers together and held them above her head. She looked utterly delectable and he leaned down for a quick taste. He let go of her hands and trailed his along her sides, going along her beautiful curves. It gave him so much joy to know that she was all his.

Yuri's hands buried themselves into his hair, clenching them slightly instead of . This wasn't their first time, but it felt like it to her. Her legs were wrapped around his waist and she disliked the minimal distance between their bodies. She pulled him down and slowly ground her lower half into his.

"God, Yuri," He groaned and leaned his head back. She whimpered at the cold whenever his lips left hers and he brought them right back.

***

It was sometime in the afternoon and Yuri wasn't tired enough to take a nap like him. She laid half her body on his and played around with his hands which were a bit bigger than hers. She played with them a bit more before bringing them up to her lips, kissing his knuckles lightly. His hand suddenly went to the curve of her back as his eyes slowly peeled open.

"Hi," He chuckled, his voice husky from sleep.

"Hey," She whispered back with a smile.

"You're not tired?" He asked and she shook her head. "Then I should do a better job next time," That sent her into a fit of giggles before laying her head back onto his chest.

They spent the next few minutes in silence; Yuri tracing small shapes onto his bare chest while Lu Han seemed deep in thought. She noticed and brought him back to reality with a simple kiss.

"Are you okay?" She asked and he nodded, eyes distant. "Lu Han," She whispered softly and his eyes finally fell on her.

His hand raised and cupped her cheek, caressing it gently as he leaned down for another kiss. A smile etched itself onto his lips, a hint of his pearly whites showing. There was something in his eyes that she couldn't decipher.

"What are you thinking?" She asked.

He looked hesitant and a bit... Frightened? He took a deep breath which caused her to worry even more. "I love you,"

The world suddenly seemed to have stopped moving as she stared at him in disbelief. Did he really just confess to her? Was it even necessary considering the things they've been through? Could she even say it back to him? All those questions swam in her mind and he looked at her expectantly, but his hope soon faltered and was replaced with a sad smile.

"You don't have to say it back," He murmured. "I just wanted you to know,"

The only time she had said those three words to anyone was her parents and the men who ruined her life. It was foolish of her to have just thrown those words around as if they had no meaning, but she was just a child back then. Now, she was extra careful with her words and she wouldn't just say 'I love you' to just anyone, but this was Lu Han; the only man she'll probably ever love. She then realized something. She didn't need words to explain her affection, she could simply show it.

Without further ado, she placed her lips upon his, kissing them tenderly and as long as she possibly could. He smiled against her lips and, to her, that meant that he received her message. 

***

"Hey, mama, I don't want no drama~" She pranced around the apartment with a cold bottle of beer in her hands. She was way past the amount she usually drinks and was now lost in a haze. "Hit the road Jack!" She raised her bottle and swayed her hips to the song.

Lu Han, being the only mature one there, was left to sip on water as he would occasionally have to keep Yuri in check. He wasn't sure what events led her to dance around in his dress shirt- the front wide open and ed- and have a beer chugging competition with herself. Nonetheless, seeing the more loose and 'wild' side of her was amusing, so who was he to stop her?

"You'll hurt yourself!" He shouted over the loud music as she proceeded to jump on the bed. He leaned his body over the bedroom's archway, taking a sip from his bottle. "You better get down!"

"What crawled up your ?" She shouted back and instantly burst into a fit of giggles. He had to rush over the moment she fell onto the mattress to catch the beer bottle and her drunk .

"Alright," He sighed heavily, but still smiled at how out of it she seemed. "Party's over,"

"PARTY TIME!" She cried and erupted into laughter. 

"Sit here and I'll get you some water," He pecked her forehead and walked to the mini kitchen on the other side of the room.

Just then, he heard the doorbell ring. "I'll get it," She exclaimed and he could hear the patter of her feet across the floor.

"Alright," He shouted back and went to grab a bottle, but instantly dropped it when he remembered her current attire. "Oh, wait!" He ran back to her.

Yuri leaned over the door's frame in front of a clearly shocked and clearly nervous employee. She was constantly giggling, unaware that her whole front side was exposed. Thankfully, she had her undergarments on, but that still didn't ease him.

"Sorry," Lu Han interjected and pulled her behind him. "What's the problem?" He asked through gritted teeth when the boy wouldn't stop ogling what clearly wasn't his.

"U-Uh," He stuttered, clearing his throat the next second. "I was called about a d-disturbance,"

"Well, I have her under control now," When Lu Han announced that, Yuri decided to make him look like a liar by jumping onto his back and continuing to sing the song that was now long over. "As you can clearly see," He grunted.

"Y-Yes, sir," The boy seemed sceptical, but still left. 

"Tianshi, you need to get off now," He groaned when she kept bouncing around on his back.

"Are you..." He could hear her voice waver a bit and he instantly put her down to take a look at her. His concern was written all over his face. "Are you calling me fat?" 

"Oh, God, no," He shook his head frantically as the tears kept slipping from her eyes.

"You did!" She accused and buried her face into her hands.

"N-No, I was just getting a bit tired," He tried explaining, but he always at that.

"Because I'm ing fat!" She wailed and ran over to the bed where she laid face down onto the mattress. "Get me diet pills, Lu, I need them! I need a whole ing truck load of them!"

"NO!" He refrained himself from cursing up a storm at the mess he made. Drunk Yuri was harder to handle than a crazy gorilla. "You are definitely not taking diet pills,"

"Look at this!" She pinched her non-existent fat on her stomach. "This is disgusting!" She grabbed a random piece of paper. "I have to cut this off!" 

"DON'T!" He cried, ripping the paper out of her hands and holding them encase in his. His face was flushed, confused and completely lost in the situation. He had no clue how to make her happy or get her back to normal and it was driving him insane. "I-I..."

He froze when the unmistakable giggle that only belonged to Yuri who was pinned under him. Her giggles escalated into laughter. His entire face fell when the realization dropped on him like a ton of bricks.

"What the hell!" He shouted and fell face first on the bed, groaning. 

"You're so cute when you're flustered," She cooed, breathless from all the laughing. "But it was obvious that I was pulling your leg,"

"No, it wasn't! I really did think that I ed up!" He whined and turned over, placing his arms over his eyes.

"You seriously thought that I was going to hurt myself... With paper?" She scoffed and lied upon his chest, hugging him in an effort to soothe him despite her muffled giggles.

"You would have gotten a nasty paper cut!" He cried out. "Wait... You weren't drunk the entire time?" She shook her head, grinning broadly. "I thought you were horrible with handling alcohol!"

"I am," She sent a small glare. "But the beer bottle was filled with water," She rolled her eyes.

"Oh my God," He groaned once again. "I need to sleep,"

"Aw, I'm sorry," She pouted in a jokingly manner. Even if she acted like it was nothing, she was actually afraid that he was mad at her. She usually doesn't care about someone's feelings towards her, but Lu Han meant more to her than others- including herself. "You're not mad... Are you?" She asked quietly like a sadden child.

Lu Han lowered his arms a bit and peeked at her, noting the vulnerable and frightened look in her eyes. He sighed and pulled her closely until their faces were mere inches apart. "No," He placed his face in the crook of her neck. "My pride is just a little hurt from being pranked," He felt a smile progressively form on her face.

"I did get you pretty good," She stated proudly and pecked his lips.

***

In her white v-neck shirt tucked into her black skirt, Yuri ran to catch up with Lu Han who waited for her by the door. They had a small dispute earlier about the hotel room- she wanted to pay for a few more days in the hotel, but he refused, telling her that they won't need it.

"Ready?" He asked, fixing his sunglasses while she simply nodded. "Tianshi, are you ever going to get over that?" He sighed.

"I just don't understand why you don't want an extra night here or something," She frowned. "We're only going to kill Jung-Hwa. Where are we going to sleep?"

"I told you that I took care of it!" He said, tired of having to repeat himself.

"Then tell me what you did to 'take care of it'," She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Can you just trust me?" He sighed.

"Whatever," She rolled her eyes and stalked off towards where they last parked his car. 

While leaning against the car, Yuri played around with the hem of her skirt as the sounds of his footsteps approached her. She glanced up, but quickly, and noted how down he looked. He suddenly stopped in front of her, but she still didn't raise her head to meet his gaze. His arms were placed by her sides, trapping her and she still didn't look up.

"I'm sorry," He muttered, closing his arms so that they rested on her hips. "Please don't be mad,"

"I'm not mad," She sighed and rolled her eyes. "I just don't get why you won't explain anything to me,"

"I know, I know," He mumbled and pulled her for a hug. "But you really need to trust me. Okay, tianshi?" 

"I do trust you..." She wanted to add more, but what can she say that she hasn't already asked? He would only give her vague answers that would only fuel her frustration. 

"That's good," He kissed her forehead and trailed down to her lips, nibbling and pulling at her lower lip. "Now, let's go to Jung-Hwa's office and then I'll take you to a nice restaurant," 

She chuckled lowly. "I admire your effort to apologize to me with food,"

"I know my girl," He shrugged. When he said 'my girl', it sent her heart beating faster than the speed of light. "Come on," He quickly caressed her cheek before ushering her inside the car.

Zooming through the streets, Yuri would occasionally glance at her beau, noticing how white his knuckles were around the steering wheel and how his jaw seemed to be clenched shut. If it weren't for him driving, she was sure that his leg would be shaking.

"Lu, are you okay?" She added softly, all frustrations she had before disappearing. 

"I-I'm just nervous," He gave a tight lip smile.

"For what?" She couldn't help but let out a soft giggle.

"I'm scared that the closer we get to the goal, the more we are at risk- the more you are at risk," He took his eyes off the road for a second to look at her- really look at her. To her, it seemed like he was trying to say something, but was holding back.

"We're fine," She smiled softly. "We have each other,"

"Yeah," He smiled.

Pulling up to a large building in an unknown area, Yuri leaned closer to Lu Han who held her tightly against him. She wasn't sure whose heart was beating faster, but she doubted it was him since he's the only one who knows what the plan was.

"What are we going to do?" She asked quietly and he pulled her to the side of the building.

"Look, just let me do the talking," He held her shoulders firmly. "You just need to stand there and lure him in so I can go in for the kill,"

"Okay," She felt completely dependent on him. "We'll be fine," She told him, but more to herself.

"Yeah," He sighed and gave her shoulders a squeeze. "Yuri, I need you to know that I love very, very much. Never forget that and never doubt that, understood?"

"Lu, why are you-" She didn't get the chance to ask before he smashed his lips on hers, sending her into a heated, passion filled kiss. "Lu Han...?"

"Do you understand?" He asked and she nodded quietly. As he turned back to walk into the building, she latched onto his wrist and pulled him back into a hug.

"I love you, too,"

AUTHOR'S NOTE; 

Okay, I know I said that this chapter would be intense, but I realized, while writing this, that it would be too much. So, the next chapter- and I PROMISE this time- will be full of feels and intense moments!

It's been a while since I've updated on AFF and Wattpad, and that's because I've been on a camping trip recently.

Here is Yuri slaying her 'Check' performance as an apology for the long wait!