Chapter Two

The Hustle

CHAPTER TWO; 

He suddenly turned serious, his whole demeanour changed. His eyes turned rock hard, he puffed his chest and she could see his fists recoiling, letting go a few cracks. Yuri stood her ground, holding the gun firmly without shaking, but she was completely terrified on the inside. She may be a killer, but no more than two years back, she was simply an innocent girl. They held each other's gazes until he opened his mouth.

"Lower your gun." He commanded and there was something about his tone that made her want to obey. However, she fought through and kept her gun steady, her finger ready to pull the trigger. "I won't say it again."

"Give me a good reason to listen to you when a few minutes back you tried to get me caught." Her voice was icy yet melodic to his ears. His lips curled into a smirk, but his eyes had the word kill in them.

"If I remember clearly, I helped a clumsy little girl from bumping into the people who wanted to capture her." 

"And if my memory serves me right, you also wouldn't let me go after I thanked you for the wonderful dance." Those last words were laced in sarcasm and she clicked her tongue, annoyed by his attempts to stall the inevitable. 

"Touché," He chuckled, a glint of something mischievous in his eyes.

"One step, one move or even one breath could mean the end of you." She held her weapon more firmly.

"I love dangerous women." He liked his lips as she rolled her eyes- a huge mistake.

In one swift move, his hands came up and grasped her wrists which gave her no choice but to pull the trigger. Unfortunately for her, he was quicker and aimed the gun to the side of his head where the bullet shot through the tall bushes. Yuri let out multiple strings of curse words as her hands were pinned to the sides of her head. He added pressure to her wrist where she held the gun and the excruciating, bone crushing pain was too much for her to handle so she let go.

"Good girl." He praised softly. "Now, it's my turn to be in charge."

"I-" He tsked, cutting her off.

"You might want me to die or suffer in hell right now, but you'll be begging for my help soon." She quirked a brow which made her look extremely more... How could he put it? More appetizing.

"I'm not buying it, but your stupidity is intriguing me." She smirked to which he let out a soft grumble. She leaned back onto the brick wall comfortably, waiting for him to continue.

"We'll see who's stupid." He muttered under his breath. "Tell me, tianshi, who exactly helped you get into this elite party? Who gave you the list of every single person on your hit list, family name and all?" The more he spoke, the more realization hit her like a ton of bricks and the more her eyes widened.

"You little-" She seethed, but was not able to finish her line of profanities before he cut her off.

"Trust me, tianshi, I am nowhere near little." He winked, a devious smirk across his lips which made her want to use her fist to wipe it off. She was never really that violent to begin with, but he was pushing her over the edge.

He was an intruder, a possible flaw to her almost perfected revenge plan that could ruin it all. He was too close as it is. Her face contorted into something that resembled anger, but her features still remained eerily serein which worried him- about himself.

"!" He screamed when he felt something hit his weakness. He doubled over, clutching his family jewels while grovelling in pain. If he ever wanted babies, there was no chance for him having heirs now. "I-I think you ruptured something!" He screeched.

"Oh God," She scoffed and rolled her eyes before grabbing her gun. Yuri just needed a few more answers out of him and then she can finally dispose of the arrogant douche, but once again, her plan was interrupted when she heard thundering footsteps coming at her.

"You have got to be kidding me." She whispered and glared down at the grovelling man in front of her. She needed him for answers and she was not going to get caught by some imbeciles. "Now they come? I shot that bullet years ago." She mumbled while grabbing Lu Han by the collar.

"Let go!" He whined.

"Not so tough now, huh?" She smirked and he shot her a glare.

"OOOWWW!" He hollered which made her head snap to him. She clamped her hand over his mouth, but that backfired when she felt something wet swipe across her palm.

"You disgusting Neanderthal!" She hissed.

"This is what you get." He groaned, still clutching his buddy. "Have fun not getting your answers, tianshi." He grumbled angrily.

"That's what you think." She grabbed his arms and hauled him towards some bushes where she threw him in there.

"You know they can still find me." He raised a brow. "I have a mouth."

"Oh yeah?" She scoffed and pushed him back to his back and straddled his hips. He seemed to be enjoying himself, but she was fighting the need to puke. She clamped her hand over his mouth once more, but now she had a plan, not a good one, but an efficient one. "Make one sound-"

"Mhmm!" He started mumbling loudly and she had to put her plan into action. Her legs that were around his waist tightened and he immediately shut up, eyes wide and dark. 

"I'm warning you." She threatened and he stiffened under her.

The sound of a group of men passed by, some yelling orders or assumptions to where the murderer went. When things were finally going according to her plans, Lu Han just had to be a stubborn and mess around. He was making sounds and moving around, and Yuri could do nothing to stop him. Finally, she had had enough and gripped her gun. With one strike with the grip of her weapon, he was out cold.

"Damn, men..." She muttered under her breath while hauling his arm over her shoulder and stumbling out of the bushes.

Hailing a taxi at some time during midnight was surprisingly easy considering the fact that she had an unconscious man hanging around her shoulders. Drivers took pity on her and it's not like she could complain. She was exhausted and felt dirty from rolling around in the bushes.

The moment she entered the hotel room, it took her under a minute to tie the unconscious Lu Han to a chair and wrap a towel around his mouth. Once satisfied with her work, Yuri walked over to the bathroom and showered away all her stress. At least there was one good thing about that night; she got her second target.

Relishing in the moment, Yuri exited her steam filled bathroom with a towel around her torso and her damp hair cascading down her right shoulder. Her new colour really does suit her. While walking to the closet where her stuff was, she felt someone's gaze burning the side of her head.

"Awake already?" She smirked at Lu Han who wriggled in his bounds. "How's that headache of yours?" She joked while stepping into the closet, well hidden from his view to change. 

Once back, she grabbed a chair, placed it in front of him, sat down and gave a cute little grin. "Ready to give me some answers?" She gripped his chin between her thumb and pointer finger before ripping the band around his mouth off.

"I have to say, I'm impressed. "He sighed, looking amused instead of angry. "The knots might be loose, though."

"They're fine." She snapped. "Now, answers."

"Demanding," He stated, leaning back. "You're making me like you more, tianshi."

"Let me get something straight," She shot him a menacing glare. "Stop with that little nickname, because it irritates me when I don't understand something. Actually, just stop speaking Chinese all together."

"Fine, what do I call you?" He huffed. 

She bit her lower lip, wondering if she could actually trust him with something as simple as her name. She sighed, running a hand through her hair. "Just keep calling me whatever it is." She said dismissively.

"Angel," He chuckled. 

"What?"

"Tianshi means angel." He repeated more slowly and more clearly. It was an ironic name for a girl who kills. Yuri was far from an angel. "So I was wondering how this whole living situation is going down. I mean, this chair is fabulous and all, but-"

"There is no living situation. I'm still waiting for some answers." She narrowed her eyes. 

"Baby, it's past twelve and we both know that we're tired out. It's best if we sleep now and do whatever the hell you want tomorrow, okay?" He smiled sweetly and she wanted to wring his neck, but he had a point. She was on the brink of passing out.

"Fine," She huffed. "But just to let you know, this isn't your chance to escape." 

"I wouldn't think of it." He smirked. "Now, let me free?"

"Free," She scoffed. She pulled his chair until he was right next to the bed, untied one hand and tied it immediately to the headboard. Same goes with his second one. She even checked the knots three times. "Stay on your side and you get to keep all your limbs." She warned.

"So harsh," He chuckled. "But I could get used to it."

"And watch that tongue of yours. You might not wake up with it in the morning." She ran her finger across his jawline and he visibly saw his Adam's apple bobbing. He mumbled something, but she was too tired to bother.

***

Her slumber was peaceful, undisturbed with haunting dreams. Like always, good things come to an end as her eyelids became less heavy and she was slowly crawling out of her drowsy state. Feeling like she deserved a few more minutes in bed, Yuri continued to lay on her left side, facing the beautiful skyline and sun rays that flittered through the large glass window. She thoroughly enjoyed the feather-like touch running up and down her right side.

Wait.

Just as she was about to shoot up from her laying position, a steel arm held her firmly so the best she could do was squirm around helplessly. She struggled for another minute or so before giving up.

"I told you your knots were loose." His lips curved into a small smile as he lifted pieces of rope that used to be around his wrists.

"How..." She trailed off, looking at the swinging ropes. She was sure that she tied the securely.

"I have my ways." He simply answered, his face turning impassive. It wasn't surprising since she could cover up her emotions just as well. "Now, if you would just listen for a change. I have your answers that I was willingly going to give you last night before you hit my di-"

"And before you trapped me against the wall," She cut him off and noticed how his legs were crossed, as if hiding that very spot.

"Before you pointed a gun at me," He added.

"Out of self defense," She stated.

"Whatever, you seemed to be enjoying it." She simply scoffed and rolled her brown eyes. "Back to the point, I would like to talk to you in a civilized manner."

"BUT!" He quickly added. "Since I am now aware that you are incapable of such a thing, I will take matters into my own hands." 

"W-What?!" She shrieked as he pulled her up and made her sit in the chair- the very one that he sat on last night. He used the same ropes and tied her exactly where she tied him. "Hey!" She shouted when she felt the texture of the ropes rubbing uncomfortably against her fair skin.

"That's how you make knots." He mumbled under his breath. "Now, tianshi, can you listen to me without interrupting?" He raised a brow.

"No promises." She said, voice void of any emotion, but once she caught his glare, she sighed and rolled her eyes. "Fine, I'll try."

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

Hello there :)

Comments, subscribers and votes are much appreciated!