Chapter Twelve

The Hustle

CHAPTER TWELVE; 

"!" Yuri cursed loudly as she tried to dodge the barrelling bullet, but to no avail. It struck her in the arm and pain erupted all throughout her entire body. Her earpiece flew out so she had no way of knowing if Lu Han was coming or not.

"Oh my God," Yejoon chuckled amusingly as he approached her on the ground. He knelt. "Is that little Yuri? My have you grown," She tried to scoot away while trying to stop the bleeding. "How are the parents?"

"You should know," She spat. "You ing killed them!"

"So bitter," He tisked and played around with his gun. "Don't think we're all dumb. We all heard about your revenge rampage and we all think it's very cute,"

"You won't find it so cute when you're the one on the ground gasping for air!" She said through gritted teeth. "Most of your colleagues didn't think it was so funny when I found them hiding behind their guards," 

"That's what we want you to think," He chuckled. "We were luring you, but some of the idiots are sloppy in everything they do so that's why they end up with a bullet in their heads," He got up and pulled out a cigarette from his pocket. 

"I have to be honest," He let out a puff of smoke. "You are very skilled since the last time I saw you," He gave a smug look. "But you have to be better than that, button,"

That nickname brought back so many memories that it made it hard for her to contain her emotions. Thankfully, the bullet wound helped her not concentrate on that. If he was going to pull the nostalgia card on her, then two could play that game.

"I seem to be doing just fine, big bear," She spoke his nickname as if it was poison. 

"Ah, so you remember, that's cute," He chuckled amusingly before coming back to her. "Now, I'm not going to waste my time anymore," He pulled out a knife and placed the tip above her chest, right above her rapidly beating chest. He held her uninjured arm roughly to prevent it from moving and immobilised her legs.

"I'll miss you," He smiled sadistically before pecking her forehead.

Yuri hut her eyes tightly while waiting to feel some sort of pain, but instead she heard a gun go off. All of a sudden, a ton of weight fell on her; Yejoon was slumped over her with the knife still in hand, the tip of the blade piercing the first layer of skin. She panicked and tried to push him off, but he was too heavy and his body was blocking her limbs.

"AH!" She screamed at the top of her lungs when the dead body moved a bit in her struggle to get it off and caused the knife to dig a little deeper. 

From the corner of her eye, she could see Lu Han struggling on the ground with one of the guards so he couldn't help her. Tears of pain blurred her vision as she forced both her arms, injured and uninjured, to push the dead weight off of her. She could feel the bullet in her arm dig a bit more into her muscles. The pain was unbearable.

Yuri felt short of breath as the pain was blocking all her senses. She could hear nothing but muffled sounds, see nothing but blurs and smell nothing but her own blood mixed with others. Nevertheless, she forced herself to pull the knife that, thankfully, didn't reach her heart out. 

"Ahhh..." She winced in pain as blood cooled out of her chest wound and onto her dress. She ripped her skirt and tried to wrap it around her wounds without hurting herself even more.

From the distance, she could see the fight still going on. She glanced to the side and saw Yejoon's gun lying next to his body. She grabbed it and aimed it shakingly at one of Lu Han's attackers. When pulling the trigger, nothing happened.

"!" She cursed loudly when realizing that it was empty. No wonder Yejoon used the knife in the end. She then pulled the gun from her holster and aimed it again, this time, making sure that it was loaded.

The next problem she faced was actually aiming correctly. Her arm shook uncontrollably as she closed one eye to aim. She prayed once before pulling the trigger. A large man's body fell over Lu Han's and neither moved.

"L-... Lu Han?!" She cried while trying to crawl over to them. The top body started moving which confirmed her worst nightmare. "Lu Han...?" She whispered softly while trying not to cry. 

She couldn't have possibly killed him, did she?

"Gah! Heavy motherer," Lu Han cursed as he pushed the body over, his shirt stained with blood. "Well this is never coming out," He pouted while examining his white shirt.

"Oh my God, you idiot," She whispered to herself while smiling in relief. She relaxed her body and laid it on the cold ground, catching her breath.

", Yuri!" Lu Han scrambled to his feet to run to her. "That's a load of blood," He murmured while ripping the sleeve of his shirt off to use as bandages.

"I liked that shirt," She whispered weakly while giggling, but it was cut short when a violent cough shook her body. 

"Shut up, okay?" He kissed her forehead and she relaxed a bit more in his arms. "No, no, no, don't sleep, Yuri. Whatever you do, do not sleep," He tapped her cheek repeatedly.

She sighed, agitated. "What can I do?" She muttered jokingly. 

"How do you stab yourself in the chest?" He gawked at her wound, ignoring her last statement. 

"That's how," Yuri pointed to a dead Yejoon with a bloody knife next to him.

"," Lu Han cursed under his breath before picking her up, but when he did, she winced loudly at her bullet wound. "Sorry, tianshi," He creased his forehead while pecking her cheek.

"Your kisses are nice and all, but I still have a ing bullet in my arm," She whimpered at the slightest bump.

"Okay, I'll get you to a hospital-"

"No!"

"No?" He repeated without stopping his run to the car. "What do you mean no?"

"You seriously don't think that I'll be questioned on how I have a bullet in my arm? I don't need police being involved," She scoffed.

"Well what do you suggest we do?" He glanced down and didn't like the look she was giving him. "Oh no, we are not going there!"

***

"Thanks for patching me up, Gun," Yuri smiled gratefully while her bandaged arm. "I owe you,"

"N-No! It's fine," Gun said hastily. "I would heal you anytime!" He smiled broadly while sending a small smirk in Lu Han's way. 

"That's sweet," She pursed her lips. "Anyways, we'll be heading-"

"N-NO!" Gun shouted rapidly which made both Lu Han and Yuri eye him weirdly. "I-I... It's just that it's dark out and I want to keep an eye on your vitals. I have some rooms here that I could lend you,"

"Well..." She sighed as she weighed the options. He did have a point and she was extremely tired. "Lu Han? Do you mind?"

"Whatever you want, tianshi," He smiled, but it was forced. Gun shot him a look which made him roll his eyes again. 

"Okay, well, let's get to bed," Gun clapped his hands and rushed to Yuri's side to help her. Lu Han was left to curse right behind them, coughing loudly when Gun's hands would travel too low for his liking.

After being showed the room, Yuri took a quick shower and Lu Han went in after her. The room was fairly small, but the bed was large enough for two- much to both men's content. She was already for sleep as Lu Han emerged from the bathroom in the hall outside. As he was about to enter the room, he noticed Gun pacing outside nervously. Then, as if he had gathered his courage, placed his hand on the knob.

"Back up, twerp," Lu Han grumbled, pulling the other by the back of his collar. "Thanks for 'healing' my girl, but that's just as close as you'll ever get to her," He mused before giving a two salut. "Oh, and I apologize in advance for any... Noise that might disturb you during the night," 

"Lu Han!" Yuri shouted and a pillow collided with the back of his head.

"Yeah," Lu Han chuckled while watching Gun's expression turn from surprise to anger and to embarrassment. "You'll hear a lot of that-" 

His head was suddenly pulled back as Yuri's hand covered his mouth. "Goodnight, Gun! Thanks again," She smiled and closed the door. "Please behave," She sighed and turned around to get in bed.

"Are you seriously wearing that bloody dress to bed?" He chuckled. 

"Well, I have nothing else," She pouted.

He shook his head with a smile before slipping off the shirt Gun so graciously gave him but didn't bother to find one for Yuri. That little punk was planning to get in bed with a half- Yuri and Lu Han knew it. He threw the t-shirt to her and she thanked him.

"A little help?" She turned around and he stalked towards her, placing his warm palms on her exposed back to help her slip the dress off. Before the dress was entirely sprawled on the floor, she pulled the shirt over her head.

"Ah, so close," He muttered disappointingly while snapping his fingers.

"Ha. Ha. Ha." She rolled her eyes and let him pick her up, bringing her to the bed. "Goodnight," She mumbled while burying herself into his chest.

"Not so fast," He cut off her peaceful sleep when he placed all his weight on her. "May I remind you how friendly you were with Yejoon?" He narrowed his eyes at her and she burst out laughing.

"Are you still mad at me for that? He shot me in the arm!" She relaxed under him. 

He leaned forward and whispered in her ear. "I don't like it when people tease me," She rolled her eyes and let out a giggle.

"What are you going to me?" She pouted innocently while slowly running her fingers across his thighs. 

She squealed when his face suddenly came barrelling towards her and smashed their lips against each other. Her eyes fluttered close as she enjoyed the moment at hand, letting her senses be lightened by Lu Han. Kissing him was euphoric and stress relieving, not to mention satisfying in many ways. His expert lips travelled down her neck and towards her collarbones.

"Ah!" She cried out when he bit on her flesh. "Are you into cannibalism?" She knocked the side of his head. 

"I didn't bite that hard," He rolled his eyes and continued to sensually kiss her lips.

"It hurt," She scoffed and pulled his face away. 

"I'm sorry, I wanted to try things," He laid on her, keeping most of his weight on his elbows. "And-" His attention was veered to the door where a lot of shuffling sounds were heard. "Did you hear that?" He was about to get up, but she held him back.

"It's probably Gun making his rounds," Yuri brought his face back to hers as she delicately kissed him, generously giving his lips much attention. His hand slipped up and under her shirt, grazing her skin lightly.

Another shuffle. "There it is again. That creep is up to something," He muttered and was about to leave, but her exasperated sigh pulled him back.

"Do whatever the hell you want then. I'm going to sleep," She rolled over and hogged all the blankets.

"Aw, tianshi, don't be mad," He pouted and tried reaching her lips with his, but never managed. 

"How can I be mad when I'm sleeping?" She mumbled, keeping her eyes closed.

"I want a goodnight kiss," He whined while spooning her. She was amused by his sudden childish behaviour, but still decided to ignore it while snoring loudly. "Fine," He huffed while spooning her. "Goodnight," He pecked her back.

"You're so immature," She sighed and turned around. "I can't sleep when I feel your pouting lips against my back," She quickly pecked his chin before laying her head on his chest.

***

"How's your arm?" Lu Han asked while her bandaged arm lightly with her laying on his body.

"It feels better," She mumbled, pressing a few kisses on his pectorals. "Gun used his new healing tonic on my wounds and they seem to be working,"

"Only you can be intimate with me and talk about another guy at the same time," He chuckled and rolled his eyes. 

"Well, I-" 

A sudden blaring siren interrupted her as they both shot out of bed. Lu Han led the way to the door with Yuri in tow, but it was jammed shut. He started banging furiously at it, but it didn't seem to want to ever move. She made her way to the front and tried to push it down with his help.

"GUN! GUN! What's going on?!" Yuri banged the door.

"Dude! Open the door!" Lu Han shouted after her.

The deafening sounds abruptly came to a stop as a large TV emerged from the ceiling. Gun appeared on the screen with a runny nose and red eyes with tear streaks on his cheeks. Lu Han instantly felt something wrong so he pulled Yuri closely to him.

"W-Why?" Gun sobbed.

"Gun, what's wrong?" Yuri asked hesitantly as she was unsure of his mental state.

"You... You wench!" He cried out loud. "How could you chose me over him?! I've helped you for years and you... You chose him!" He pointed an accusing finger at her through the screen. 

"Gun..." She muttered quietly with nothing but pity in her eyes.

"Seeing you with him suffocated me with pain," Gun clenched his shirt tightly. "Now, you will know what I feel and die with me!" He then pulled out, ironically, a gun and emptied the bullet into his head before the TV screen turned black.

"Ah!" She flinched as Lu Han pulled her back to the door. 

"That's it, we're getting out of this mad house," He tried once again to break the door down. She turned around to find anything to help, but she noticed something else.

To her horror, she saw streams of water coming through small holes in the walls, slowly rising. She bumped into Lu Han's back which made him turn around and cursed loudly. It didn't take long until the water reached their thighs. He quickly placed her onto the bed to get her out of the water.

"Why are there no ing windows?!" He shouted while punching the wall angrily. 

Thinking on her feet, Yuri kicked the bed frame with all her might until a metal bar came off. She grabbed it and swam her way towards a blank cement wall. She jabbed it repeatedly, but the best she could to was dent it. Lu Han joined her, but their progress was useless as the water rose and so did they. Soon, they heads were pressed against the ceiling.

"L-Lu Han! I-I can't swim!" She panted while trying to keep above the waters.

"Just grab my hand and hold your breath for as long as possible, okay?" He pulled her flushed against his chest. "Get ready," He announced as the air was diminishing. "1, 2, 3!"

Both their heads were emerged under the water and he quickly got back to work by trying to break the wall. Slowly, she could see his strength weakening as bubbles escaped his mouth. She knew that the idea was stupid, but she had to try. Taking note from 'The Pirates of the Caribbean', she grabbed his face and pressed her lips against his, transferring air to each other. Of course, it only worked for a quick second.

Lu Han didn't waste time and went back to smashing the metal rod against the wall, but it was no use. He finally lost consciousness and Yuri, having the strongest lungs, had to take the lead. Lu Han's body floated to the bottom as she used all her strength and energy to break the barrier that was the wall. The last few bubbles of air escaped both their mouths, but Yuri managed to squeeze one last swing at the wall before a fairly large hole started developing.

Eventually, the rest of the wall crumbled and the water drained from the room. Yuri's body was propelled to the other side where she fell onto the forest floor. She coughed up buckets full of water as Lu Han's body landed besides her. She crawled to him, lungs burning, and emptied her lungs before doing CPR on him. She filled his already filled lungs with air, feeling his chest rise and descend with every breath she gave him.

"Come on!" She panted while adding pressure to his chest. "Please!" She slapped his cheek until she felt her body give in under the lack of breath and energy; she crumbled on top of him which caused him to cough uncontrollably.

Yuri rolled off of him and pressed her face against the cool ground. When there seemed to be no more water in his lungs, he turned over and noticed that she was passed out. He quickly got up, brushing off the wave of dizziness, and placed her head on his lap.

", that was intense," He breathed heavily while placing his forehead on hers. "Are you okay?" 

"I almost drowned," Her voice was strained. "What the hell do you think?" 

"Alright, I'll get us out of here," He swiftly picked her up and started making their way to the car which was thankfully unharmed. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE; 

Okay, so awkward way to end a chapter, but that's what writer's block does to you :')

Anyways, I like to do this thing where I rant a little bit about the happenings in the k-pop world (mostly about our Black Pearl and others). So without further ado, I present to you Yuri's 'The Celebrity July Issue' surfer girl! :D

I would also like to point out how Key and Kai are stepping up their games. I mean, look at Key in 'Odd Eye' live performance... His whole look is on point especially with the colored lenses (discard the weird eye patch).

And Kai is simply rocking the pink hair and the cut itself as well as the lenses. I don't know, I was spazzing out with my friend earlier... So yeah.

Do you guys have any idols that are rocking their new look? If so, comment bellow and also tell me what you think of Yuri, Key and Kai!