Prologue

The Hustle

PROLOGUE; 

Freshly painted nails ran through her hair, enjoying the soft texture and admiring the colour. She used to be a natural brunette but had changed her hair into a much deeper shade. She then proceeded to smooth out any crinkles in her red dress that hugged her a bit too tightly and yet accentuated her curves tastefully. She groaned at the prospect of some old geezer touching her inappropriately, but she had to endure it. She wasn't planning on leaving with her hands clean.

Slipping into her black heels, she pulled her hair into a high ponytail so it fell down her in perfect cascade of curls. Her red dress had a heart shaped bodice, a cinched waist, a slit on the side and a skirt that ended somewhere past her ankles. A look seemingly inspired by Jessica Rabbit. 

She fixed the knife bound to her thigh by a black band and her handgun on her other thigh so that they both sat more comfortably.

Once ready, she walked hailed a cab to the venu. It was a strictly private party meant only for the elites. A large room was rented to hold up to 200 guests to mingle and drink, but it was all a ruse to cover up illegal dealings between the rich. The perfect event for her target.

"Name?" the guard at the main entrance asked, his eyes blurred with want. 

"Kwon Yuri," she replied softly, her voice coming out as a purr.

"Right this way." He didn't even look at his list as he ushered her inside. She mouthed a quick thank you and sent him a wink before walking in.

Her hawk eyes scanned the entire room; men and women crowded against each other with champagne glasses. She grabbed one off a tray from a waiter passing by. Even he couldn't resist a double take and kept his eyes on her until he collided with another waiter.

The perfect distraction.

She smirked to herself and made her way towards the bar where a particular man sat. She sauntered over, the mouvement of her hips capturing the gaze of a few who weren't watching the two waiters apologize profusely for the accident.

Taking a seat right next to him, she straightened her back, resting her head in the palm of her chin. Almost instantly, he noticed her presence and was immediately attracted to her. He scooted a tad bit closer, which did not go unnoticed by her.

"Good evening." He smiled at her, eyes darkening with lust. She gave a simple nod and a warm, believable smile that she had perfected over the years. "Came here alone?"

He, compared to her, looked much older with his hair peppered with grey streaks and the crows feet that crinkled the outer corners of his eyes. Although he kept a certain charm and attraction to him that even Yuri had to agree to. 

"Yes," she answered, sipping from her glass. She made sure to make her neck visible and purposely let a drop of champagne slip from to drip down to her chest. He gulped, biting his lips as his leg started tapping the ground almost impatiently.

She laid out her bait.

"A beautiful girl like you should never be alone." He put his charms on full blast but, unbeknownst to him, she was unaffected by them. Just a few simple words and he would be hooked around her slender finger.

"Maybe you could change that?" she shot back flirtatiously which stirred something inside him. She crossed her legs, exposing her left on through the slit and placed a dainty hand on his chest. His heart sped up and she hid a smirk. She watched him through half lidded eyes, feigning her want for him. "You seem perfectly capable."

"Not to mention loaded in more ways than one." He smirked which made her want to puke. As if she would let him go that far with her.

"Even better." She bit her lower lip seductively, but wanted nothing more than to shout profanities at him. "But there is one problem," she spoke softly, letting her sultry voice reach his ears. He frowned and looked a bit annoyed. "We're out in the open. Why not go somewhere a bit more private?" she suggested which made his shoulders relax.

He took the bait.

As he his heels and walked away, she stayed behind for a secons to fix the annoying pinch that bothered her. Her knife had just cut through the first layer of her tanned skin and she could feel a small trickle of warm blood drip down. She wanted to get this over with.

The man turned into an office somewhere away from the prying ears of others and waited for her to enter before closing the door, locking it. Without waiting for her to turn around, he pushed her against the desk and d her , enjoying how voluptuous they felt in his palms. She snarled at him before twisting her body to the side and landed a kick under his chin. A steady stream of blood flowing from the cut on his chin caused by her sharpened heels.

"What the ?!" He grabbed his chin, keeping a small pressure on his injury while glaring at the fuming girl before him. 

"Oh, you made me rip my dress." She grimaced, but then a sadistic smile adorned her beautiful features. She lifted her dress, revealing more of her gloriously tanned skin. He his lips, forgetting his pain if only for a moment. "And you know what else?"

"What?" He asked impatiently, not even trying the hide the bulge in his pants.

"I seem to have cut myself." She lifted the skirt higher, showing off her weapons. 

In a split second, he was charging at her with a murderous glint in his eyes. His arms reached out, aiming obviously for her neck. She slipped under his arms and spun on her right leg in a crouch as she extended her left one. She took him out from under his feet and he fell roughly to the ground, the air knocked out of his lungs. He quickly scurried to the farthest end of the room, but not before receiving a knife to the chest, dangerously near his frantic heart.

"It's a bad idea to run off with a stranger" She took out her gun, playing with it in her hands. "You never know who you really end up with. A thief, a gold-digger... a murderer." She glared fown at him

"Y-You... You ..." He grunted while spewing out blood. Her usually stone face twisted in disgust as she bent down to his level and roughly ripped something out of his front pocket.

"Go... to Hell," he wheezed.

"I will once I kill all of you." She seethed, walking away with a small black book in hand.

Inside contained all the names of the men who stole her childhood. They showed no mercy to her so it would only be fair to do the same. With the book in hand, she felt a sense of triumph and victory swell within her.

Everything seemed to be falling into place perfectly. The faster she moved on with her plan and the less distractions she paid attention to, the quicker she'll eliminate those scumbags. 

"I-I should have... Should have killed you... The moment I... I s-saw you." He had trouble breathing with all the blood seeping through his once white teeth and filling his lungs. She threw a glance over her shoulder and, without saying another word, emptied a bullet in his head.

"Too bad you didn't." She snarled lowly and strapped the gun back to her thigh. She decided to leave the knife in his chest. A little souvenir for him and a message to all the others.

She was on the hunt.

Walking out of the room, she made sure to look presentable, as if nothing had happened. She quietly closed the door and sauntered away, smiling at a few people before walking out of the venue in a friendly gesture. Her heart was pounding, the adrenaline of her recent kill getting to her. Just before she reached her car, she turned to one of the valet boys who gulped nervously under her gaze.

"Tell the organisers they need to clean the mess in the main office. The boss doesn't like messes." She smiled, darkness hidden behind those big brown eyes of hers. 

"Y-Yes, miss," he replied nervously. His eyes trailed down to the valley of her and he gulped even more. She rolled her eyes, but it went unnoticed.

"Goodnight," she muttered and finally rode off.

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

And we're off! :) 

Comment bellow on your opinion of this story. I read all of them! 

Again, another round of applause for 'The Angelic Voice' graphic shop for making my day and the lovely cover! :D Love the poster so much! Do you?