Chapter Ten

The Hustle

Here's the amazing trailer for this story! Still so very thankful and I hope you guys like it, too! 


CHAPTER TEN; 

Everything would have been bearable if it weren't for the sound of dripping tap water. It got worst as the sound was carried through the empty cold room. 

Very slowly, Yuri regained consciousness and progressively started moving her limbs. She scraped her bare feet against the cement floor. Tied. She wiggled her shoulders to get the blood running through to her hands. Also tied. She shifted in her seat, but the chair moved with her since her waist was tied, too. There was also a blindfold wrapped tightly around her eyes yet remained free which meant that there was no point in shouting for help. 

Suddenly, at a far distance, she heard faint footsteps coming her way. She quickly lowered her head and pretended to still be unconscious. Hyeonwoo's familiar voice resonated through the hallway before entering the room. 

"Any news from him?" Hyeonwoo asked from behind.

"No, sir, but we're assuming that he'll attack at any moment." Someone else answered. "We're ready."

"Good, now leave," Hyeonwoo ordered. "I have some business to take care of," 

A few moments passed before she was sure that they were both alone. She felt his presence kneel in front of her before his hand harshly gripped her chin. Surprisingly, she didn't react at all.

"You've grown so much since I last saw you," He muttered and gently caressed her jaw. It made her want to scowl, but she fought through it. "You were adorable and now you are gorgeous," No one could miss the lust in his voice. "I honestly like the situation. Maybe you won't squirm as much-"

A loud grunt escaped her lips as she head- him with as much force as she could muster. Hyeonwoo stumbled back, but didn't get the chance to dodge her next attack. Yuri stood on her toes, balancing herself as much as possible before swinging the chair around to smack him. 

"!" Hyeonwoo cried as she slammed the chair on his body which caused it to break, but she wasn't completely free. Her eyes and feet may have been freed from their bounds, but her hands were still tied. She jumped over her hands to place them to the front. 

"ENOUGH!" Hyeonwoo seethed as he staggered to his feet. Before she could attack, he pulled out a gun and pointed at her. "I was going to give you a chance, but that," He pulled the safety off and his index was just grazing the trigger when she made a split second decision.

Yuri swung one of the broken chair legs at his hand which changed the gun's aim and miraculously caused the bullet to miss her head by a few centimeters. She then hooked her foot around the back of his knee and pulled which caused him to fall down. In an instant, she threw her arms around his neck and choked him from the back. 

"Who said I wouldn't squirm?" She whispered sadistically before doing a final twist which ended his life. She let his body fall and started working on the ties around her wrists while walking around to find a possible exit.

There were no windows and the only light was coming from a dangling light bulb. She dropped the cable ties next to Hyeonwoo's deceased body before walking towards the door. The handle seemed jammed so she groaned and looked back to the room for something to help her.

A dead body.

A broken chair.

Used cable wires.

Scuffed heels.

She huffed a sigh and picked up a two broken chair legs to use as weapons since they all stripped her of her guns. She shivered at the fact that they searched her like that. She slipped on one heel and jabbed the doorknob with it before it broke off. She threw the heel off and proceeded into the hallway which was only one way; no other doors or windows. 

"Where the did they bring me?" She whispered and treaded cautiously down the hall.

All the way on the other side of town, to where the buildings were a few miles apart, Lu Han was sneaking beside an old abandoned house, following Yuri's kidnappers. He pressed his back against the wall to make sure the cameras above couldn't capture him. He quietly got to the boarded up window and peeked through.

"When do you think that bastard will get here?" A buff looking guy grunted while pulling a chair out.

"Which one? Hyeonwoo or the other guy?" The other one, who had a jagged scar over his left eye, joshed and they erupted into fits of laughter. 

Another emerged from a different room, looking pissed. "Alright, ladies, I got a call from the boss. Looks like we're staying here until that Lu Han guy gets were. Then, it's bye-bye," 

"I have better things to do than wait for some punk who thinks he's being a hero," The buff one scoffed. 

On that note, it didn't take much more for Lu Han's blood to boil and he was on full on killer mode. He got out his gun and gripped it tightly while placing it in an opening on the window. He aimed it and shot the first bullet. 

The buff guy was down.

"! He's here!" The one with the scar shouted and got out his gun. "Where the is he?!" He started shooting wildly all around him and some bullets came close to hitting Lu Han's head. 

"Calm the down or you'll get us both killed!" The other shouted and they both took cover behind some toppled furniture. 

Quietly, Lu Han walked back to the main door where he knocked on it three times. Both men shared sceptical looks before one of them decided to answer it. The door slowly opened, crying from the old hinges that held it up. The man poked his head out and checked both sides, but didn't expect someone to fall from the upper balcony. Lu Han kicked the man's face, surely smashing his teeth before dropping and  using the unconscious body as an armour.

", , !" The scared man shouted as he shot randomly, hitting nothing but his friend. He finally ran out of bullets which gave Lu Han the chance to make a round house kick to his neck, hitting his jugular and temporarily paralyzing him. 

"Where is she?!" Lu Han spat while gripping his collar, applying slight pressure on his neck. "Where is Yuri?!" He demanded.

"She..." He choked. "S-She should be... D-Dead by... Now," He dared to chuckle for Lu Han applied more pressure which ended the man's life. 

"... !" Lu Han cursed loudly while trying to hide the pain that was starting to grow in his chest. He didn't want to believe that she was dead, but it didn't seem like the guy was joking either.

With a little bit of hope left, Lu Han searched the house for any clues that might tell him if she was okay or not. Every room seemed to be on the brink of collapsing along with the house itself, but there was one room that was more modernized than the others. Tech gear was mantled over every inch of the wall and a large keyboard was extending from one wall to the other. The monitors all showed different parts of some building, but it seemed to be empty.

One room caught his eye, though.

A dead body laid in a pool of his blood with pieces of a broken chair were scattered around. To the side, he could notice a pair of high heels which caused his heart to almost jump out of his chest. He frantically searched all the other monitors to see if he could find her.

There she was!

Pressing her body against a cement wall as two men were walking her way. He watched intensely as she jumped out and knocked the both of them. Just as the second man was down, Lu Han cried out loud, but realized that she could not hear him. A third attacker surged from the corner and pinned her down and started choking her. 

Lu Han wanted to punch something- preferably the guy who was hurting Yuri. He quickly left the room and ran outside. There, he found the van that he followed and the doors were unlocked. He jumped in and was about to hotwire the vehicle, but a sudden 'ping' caught his attention. Someone's phone was left on the passenger seat.

[TEXT FROM UNKNOWN NUMBER]:

When you've taken care of him, come back to base. 114 Wellberg St.

Lu Han thought over the address, trying to remember where he's heard it from. Then, it suddenly hit him like as if lightning had struck him. He ran out and jumped on his bike before letting the engine roar to life. He burned tires as he zoomed down the road. 114 Wellberg St. was one of Hyeonwoo's old warehouses where he sold narcotics and other things for the black market. The place had been abandoned for years so Lu Han assumed that there won't be a lot of guards.

Yuri, on the other hand, was having the battle of her life. She was currently pinned to the floor by a man ten times her size and weight who was trying to choke her. His large, calloused hands were cutting off her oxygen supply and her vision slowly blurred. His legs were strategically placed on her legs to prevent her from squirming.

"I wish I could keep a beautiful butterfly like you," He chuckled darkly while slamming her head against the floor again. "You would have been so fun to play with." 

"F-... You..." She seethed, wasting a few more precious breaths. 

"Why won't you die already?" He groaned while adding more pressure.

Her arms flailed around, but the worst she could do was scratch him- not like it hurt him. Her arms finally fell to her sides and she felt her life slowly slipping from her body. She didn't like her situation, she didn't like the way she was going to die. 

Suddenly, her fingers felt the sharp sides of an object. Not knowing what it was or even cared, Yuri picked it up and jabbed it into the man's side. He yelled out an animalistic cry of pain while falling over. He pulled the object out and blood started spurting from his wound. She must have hit some artery. 

"You !" He yelled and lunged at her, but she dodged it in time, though her vision and mind was still hazy from lack of air.

The more he tried to attack, the more energy he drained. So all she had to do was keep dodging him, but that was beginning to become more difficult. Without having the chance to properly regain her breath, Yuri wasn't as stable as she wanted to be. 

The cat and mouse game had been going on for too long for her taste and she instantly thought of a plan to end it. Using the last bit of her energy, she picked up a sharp object and slashed it across any part of the guy's body that was exposed to her. It took about a dozen of deep cuts to finally bring the giant down. He collapsed in a pool of his own blood while desperately clinging onto life. She thought he had had enough, that suffering in pain for the last few minutes of his life was a good enough punishment, but no, he didn't give up just yet.

"D-Die..." He wheezed. "B-," 

Yuri grabbed the same weapon she had used earlier and stabbed it over his chest, right above his heart and pressed on it with her foot until he no longer struggled under its weight. She heaved a sigh and staggered back to compose herself. She was dead tired. 

She started regaining her pace down the hallway until she heard more footsteps. They were rapid and charging her way. Yuri quickly slipped her body into a small corner where she was hidden out of sight. She mentally counted down the seconds until she pounced out and attacked the person. The guy seemed to have better reflexes as he slung her over his shoulder and pinned her to the ground.

"Ah! ing !" She howled in pain as her back erupted with little, sharp and painful tingles. Her vision blurred for a second.

", sorry!" What kind of attacker says sorry to his opponent? Her vision finally came back to her and she stared up at the one and only Lu Han. ", are you okay?" He pulled her back up and hugged her tightly.

"Give me a second and I'll cough up my organs," She grumbled and pulled back. 

For the first time in a while, she got a chance to take a break- a quick one, though. She leaned her aching body against the cold wall and she let it cool her heated body. Lu Han knelt in front of her and started wiping her sweat off with his sleeve before rolling it up past his elbows. He was still in his suit. She reached out and felt the fabric of his shirt, frowning which hinted him at what she was thinking.

"I've been looking for you all night. Those bastards led me on a wild goose chase. I'm sorry, tianshi," He whispered the last part with full sincerity. "I'll do anything to make it up to you,"

She chuckled drowsily while leaning her head to the side. "Take me to Baskin Robins later and we'll talk,"

"I'll even buy you the entire ing store, but we have to go now," He joked, but there was a hint of urgency in his tone. 

She huffed. "Fine, help me up," She grunted as he pulled on her arms. "I hope you know the way out,"

"How do you think I got in?" He smirked and led the way while keeping a tight grip on her hand. 

The duo took turns and ran down hallways before a siren went off. Both froze for a millisecond before sprinting off. Yuri had put all her trust in him for this one moment because he supposedly knew the way out. Soon enough, the glowing 'exit' sign came to view just at the end of the hall. They were about a few meters away until they heard the thunder of a thousand men closing in on them from both sides.

"What do we do now?!" She panicked as Lu Han searched the entire perimeter with his eyes. "The vents!" She exclaimed and pointed up where a metallic grill was. She effectively jumped up with the help of the wall to reach the vent, pulling it down.

"I'll go first and pull you up," He suggested, all ready to jump.

"What?" She shrieked as the sirens kept blaring. 

"Unless you can pull my body weight up," He scoffed and leaped up. He stuck his arm down to grab hers and she held it. 

Their grip started slipping and she panicked. Lu Han grabbed her other hand and roughly tugged her up. She just made it before a hoard of men zoomed past under them. That last pull caused both their bodies to collide and fall back.

All commotion around them seemed to cease as their lips were stuck on one another. Not one of them moved or even attempted to. The two were conflicted with starting the kiss or not since they weren't in the most ideal and romantic situation. 

Yuri groaned and pulled herself up before crawling down the vent towards the exit. Arriving at the end, she froze upon hearing a few people just under her. Soon, Lu Han came along and stayed very close behind her.

"Where did you park your bike?" She whispered to him.

"Behind those bushes," He pointed. "What should- HEY!" He exclaimed when she burst through the vent and jumped down. He followed in pursuit and fell in the midst of a fight which Yuri was part of.

While she was handling her own attackers, Lu Han was fending off for himself. The fight wasn't much of what it was supposed to be. The men were clearly sloppy with their attacks and he could block them. He suddenly felt something on his back and it was Yuri. They were both trying to push back their opponent.

"Yuri," He grunted and gave her a look. She nodded. "NOW!"

At the same time, they both ducked and their opponents punched each other. Without waiting any longer, Lu Han grabbed her hand and bolted out of that mess. Yuri barely had any time to collect herself before she was thrown on the back of a motorcycle. 

"Hang on!" Lu Han shouted and revved off. No helmets or anything.

***

"Your turn," Lu Han sighed as he walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his hips. She brushed past him with a towel, but he noticed how her eyes lingered somewhere lower than his eyes.

Yuri didn't waste time to get her aching body under the steaming water. She sighed in relief as she quickly lathered herself up. Stepping out, she grimaced at her beaten and bruised body that never seemed to heal fast enough. She wore her sports shorts and 'I Love Food' t-shirt. It was old and a bit faded, but remained her favourite.

"How are you feeling?" Lu Han asked as she sat on the couch. He brought over a cup of hot chocolate. "It's not Baskin Robins, but it's better than nothing."

She smiled lightly. "Thanks," She sipped. "And I've been through worse, how about you?" 

"If you can handle it, then so can I," He smiled cheekily while sitting next to her. "Can we talk about the kiss?" She almost choked on her drink.

"W-What?" She coughed while putting her cup back.

"The kiss we shared-"

"It was hardly a kiss," She cut him off and stood up, but he was quicker and blocked her way.

"It was, our lips touched," He spread his arms to prevent her from weaving away. "But I could also refer to the other times,"

"The last time was the only other time," She rolled her eyes. "And I was under some drug," 

"Why do you keep avoiding this topic?" He growled, frustrated by how good she was with her words.

"Why do you keep bringing it up? You clearly know that I don't like talking about it and yet you seem to like pushing my buttons," She snapped.

How could he tell her?

He was definitely not going to go into a deep conversation about how he had developed some unknown feelings for her. That was too cheesy for his style and he feared rejection. 

"You said that feelings would ruin your life long plan or something," He started out lowly. "But you've been doing fine so far,"

"Because there hasn't been any-"

"Don't lie to me!" He raised his voice and ran a hand through his hair. 

"I can tell that you have, though," She muttered lowly. "And it's going to be your downfall as well as mine. I think it's best if we go on without each other-"

Before she could finish, his hands laced themselves into her hair as she shoved their faces together. He devoured her lips, pouring almost every part of his soul into it. He noticed her hands rose as if she was going to smack him, but she never did. Instead, she gripped his shirt and pulled him impossibly closer.

AUTHOR'S NOTE; 

Okay, I know this is WAY overdue, but I really want to say how proud I am of SM to finally give our Yul and Hyo some lines! *.* 

 

Same goes for Sehun. So damn happy.