Chapter One

The Hustle

CHAPTER ONE; 

Liberating herself from the air restricting dress, she walked over to the hotel's luxurious bathroom. She let the marble bathtub fill with warm water as she threw in some scented bath bombs. She then walked over to the mirror, scrubbed every single trace of makeup from her face and hurriedly jumped into the bubbling waters.

Hotels were rare to her since she doesn't always have the money to get a room, but she manages to get some money after every kill she makes- all thanks to her generous victims. It's not like they could stop her from taking it anyways. Besides, after what they've done to her, the money was just part of her reward. 

Sinking lower, she closed her eyes and let herself numb the stress and soreness of her body away. She smirked, reminiscing at how well her plan had words so perfectly. The man fell for her trap without any resistance. If only the others would be as easy, but word about their dead friend would spread like wildfire, making all of their guards go up.

Good. That's how she wanted them to be; fearful.

It made it much more fun to watch the horror in their eyes before the light in them was cut off, much more satisfying doing it the more simpler way. Yuri didn't have an obsession in killing; it was merely temporary until her rage was finally content. Then, she would continue to live her life in the shadows.

After washing the few blood splatters off of her arms, she walked back into the bedroom with a bathrobe hanging loosely around her lingerie covered body. She searched through her few belongings from her small suitcase and pulled out some cotton shorts accompanied by a t-shirt which consisted of her usual nightwear.

Once her shirt was over her head, she heard rustling noises coming from the main bed area of the suite. Her hand instantly flew to her handgun that was hidden under her shorts' waistband. Pointing her gun straight forward, she slowly and very quietly exited the bathroom, her hawk eyes scanning the premises while listening out for any noises.

It was dead quiet.

She must have checked the entire suite 3 times before confirming that whoever or whatever was in here was gone- which didn't comfort her one bit. Her guard was still up, but her body remained calm and collected. She reached her huge king sized bed and froze.

There was a neatly folded letter lying on the silk duvet.

Her body made a 360 before finally facing the piece of paper. The contents were nothing like she expected- no threats, no words along the lines as 'I know who you are', nothing. Instead, it was a party invitation with a photo of a man neatly glued in the middle while another smaller and crumpled paper fell out, and floated above her feet. She bent down and picked it up.

TARGETS:

- Kim Yongchul

- Park Joon-ho

- Lee Minjoon

- Oh Jihoo

- Kim Joonsuh

- Chang Hyeonwoo

- Kim Yejoon

- Choi Minjae

- Nam Woojin

- Lim Jae

- Jung-Hwa

- Kwang-Sun

The writing of the names were messy, as if the person was in a rush before placing it on her bed. The first name she recognized immediately since she met the guy yesterday- which was his last day. The second one started ringing bells in her mind which led her to rummage through her bag for the little black book she picked up from Yongchul.

"Joon-ho." She mumbled while skimming her finger across the worn out pages until it landed on that exact name. More things started clicking in her mind as her hand grabbed the invitation.

Friday, April 10th, 2015

7 pm – 12 am

You are cordially invited to Mr. Park Joon-ho’s grand opening for his new company at the Evergreen Hotel. Formal wear is mandatory and entry is denied without an invitation. Mr. Park and his trusty staff members hope to see you there.

There was something written under the picture and a devilish smile painted her lips. Her second target, Park Joon-ho. Her smile soon faded when she remembered how those pieces of information got in her hands. Whoever it was was on her side, but she still couldn't bring herself to trust the person. For all she knew, this could all be a set up. She needed to take extra precautions.

***

Only a few hours before the party, Yuri's golden dress laid on the bed with her black pumps on the ground. Yuri just finished her shower and had a towel hanging around her torso as she untangled the knots from her newly coloured hair. She was pretty proud of herself. It came out as a nice dirty blond/light brown mix. 

When she finally finished applying the light makeup, she dried her hair, slipped into her outfit which hugged her figure nicely and grabbed her clutch that held her invitation and pocket knife as well as a can of mace. She didn't doubt her fighting skills, but it all depended on how clean her opponent would play. She clicked her gun into place on her thigh strap like the time before. She wore some pointed earrings which were perfect since they were actually smaller knives in disguised. 

After paying for one more night at the hotel, Yuri hailed a cab- which wasn't that hard since she caught the eye of anyone that had eyes. It took a total of 20 minutes to get to the venue which worried her. She needed things to be quick when the time comes to escape and a 20 minute drive could be the last 20 minutes of her life. She paied the driver whose eyes were constantly stuck to her cleavage and walked up the grand front stairs that led to the entrance.

"I-Invite, ma'am." The man who let the guests in asked, quickly composing himself. Yuri handed him the paper and he looked it over before handing it back to her. "Enjoy your evening."

"Thank you." She said politely, sending a hell of a wink just for the heck of it. Manipulating people was a fun hobby when she wasn't out on a killing spree. 

The place was swarming with people, but the single room was large enough to accommodate another 1,000 people or so. She turned a few heads, but none of the bachelors came up to her since her eyes were never focused on them. She tried to find the man in charge of this whole thing and get things over with. She could feel the blade of her knife grazing her skin as if it was a time bomb- any longer and she would be skinned alive.

Her photographic memory served her well when she spotted a man in his early 30's chatting animatedly with a group of high-end people. A plan started forming in her mind and she was already putting it in motion. She swayed her hips while walking in his direction. Once she was a few feet away, his curious eyes locked on her and she held his gaze, lifting her chin up just a little bit in defiance. The closer she got, the more curious and amused he seemed to be.

Finally, she simply passed him.

Their shoulders brushed and she could see how his eyes narrowed at her. Once a bit further away, she looked over her shoulder and gave him her most flirtatious wink. His eyes darkened as he weaved through the crowd, hands clenched at his sides as she could clearly see how he was trying hard to calm down. 

'Quick and easy,' She told herself.

"Hey!" She exclaimed when she bumped into someone right when she turned her head back to the front. The worst that happened was that she stumbled back, but not bad enough to gather attention.

"Careful there, tianshi," The man she bumped into winked before striding off. The last word caught her off guard since she didn't understand it, but it sounded so arousing when he said it. It must have been his mother tongue.

"Care to dance?" Someone whispered in her ear which made her reflexes kick in. She was just about to lift her hand to land a punch, but restrained herself when she was faced with a grinning Joon-ho.

"You gave me a fright, Mr. Park." She practically purred his name and he closed his eyes, soaking in the sweet sound of her voice. "But I would love to dance." She said through gritted teeth. She wanted to end things quickly, not waltz around a dance floor and waste time when she could be simply kill him and hunt for her next target.

"Call me Joon-ho." He urged and she resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

Her lips curled upwards ever so slightly. "Joon-ho." She whispered in his ear and watched as his mind was slowly falling under her control. Now, she just needed to get him alone and away from the crowd of people.

They swayed across the floor with the other couples for a maximum of 5 minutes before he could no longer take it and dragged her through many different hallways before finally ending at a hotel room. He pushed her in and slammed the door, already uncuffing the links on his shirt.

"Wait." She placed her hand over his, a mischief glint in her eyes. "I want to do it and take things slow." She said softly and made him lay back on the bed. He propped himself up on his elbows and scanned his eyes over her curvaceous figure.

She bent over, giving him a clear view of her while lifting up her dress' skirt agonizingly slow. He his lips, trying to imagine what her lips would taste like, what she would-

His thought were cut off when he felt a searing pain in his stomach. He gasped for air while recoiling, clutching his stomach in the foetal position. Joon-ho glanced up and watched her shocked face turn dark.

"Oh no," She poorly feigned her surprised reaction, cupping her own cheeks. "Look what happened!"

"C-Call... Call 911." He grunted, too busy dealing with his pain to see her little play. "H-Hurry!"

"Now the nice floors are all dirty." She pouted, bringing up her handgun. She enjoyed how his face changed from disbelief to pure anger.

"I-IT'S YOU!" He bellowed.

"Shhh," She giggled. "People are trying to enjoy a party. You need to be quiet." She pointed the gun to his head. 

"W-Why?" He wheezed. She smirked even wider, trying to hide the pain she was also feeling emotionally.

"You don't remember me?" She whispered. "You've made such an impression on my life." She shook her head, keeping her sadistic smile. "I was a little girl whose life changed when you and your friends came in and destroyed everything."

"Kwon..." He whispered which could only send another dart flying to her heart.

"Honestly, there is only you to blame." She chuckled. "Your death is your own burden."

"P-Please..." He begged, coughing up blood. "I-I didn't-"

"Hey. It won't be so bad." She shrugged. "You won't be alone in hell. Your other friends will join you shortly." She smiled brightly- obviously fake.

"No-" She had had enough of his stupid begging and finally sent the bullet flying. Time was now ticking and she needed to get out, quickly.

Just before she left, she walked up to the lifeless body and silently cursed under her breath. In his hand was a small device with only one button. It was obvious that it was something to alert the guards if the boss was in any danger. The bastard just ratted her out and she would be the one hunted down in no time.

", , ." She dashed out the door and stopped dead in her tracks. That man, Joon-ho, was smart. He led her deep into a different side of the hotel where there were twists and turns everywhere. It would take her longer than she wanted to simply get out.

From the distance, she could distinctly hear the music playing from the grand ballroom so she followed it, making sure to keep quiet and stick to the walls. She almost got caught many times, but the men never managed to grab her. Her heart was beating wildly with adrenaline and a tinge of fear.

Yuri finally made it to the ballroom where the exit was just on the other side. She composed herself quickly and walked through the crowd, giving out a small smile to however offered her one. She needed to stay calm and act as if she was completely innocent. She took a sharp intake when someone grabbed her and pulled her backwards where she landed face first in something hard... And warm?

"Act natural, tianshi." He whispered harshly in her ear while waltzing away. She tilted her head to the side and caught a glimpse of a few men in suits and shades brushing past them. 

Bringing her gaze back to her dance partner, her breath got caught in . She eyed the man from his shoulders to his face since their bodies were pressed against each other due to the growing number of people around them. He also happened to be the one who bumped into her in the first place.

"You..." She whispered, furrowing her brows.

"Glad you recognized me." He smirked and held me more closely when another couple was dancing too close. She got a good whiff of his cologne which had a nice tang to it as well of something sweet. Whatever the scent was, she wanted it. 

"Well," She cleared . "It was nice dancing with you. I have to go." She said hastily, offering a sweet smile to the mysterious man.

"What's the rush?" He chuckled lightly, bringing her back into his arms. "The party just started." His thumb swiped at the junction of her neck and left shoulder, caressing it. He brought it up to her eyes and her eyeballs almost popped out.

There was a hint of blood on his thumb. Not hers- Jung-ho's.

Quickly, she composed herself and pressed herself against the man, smiling sweetly as her eyes turned into half-moons. He eyed her sceptically while feeling her hands working their way up and down his chest in a weird rhythm. He finally felt something sharp point at his chest.

"Keep your mouth shut and we won't have a problem." She threatened, her eyes narrowing. He peered down at the small knife in her hand, the tip of the blade breaking the fabric of his tuxedo.

"This suit is pretty expensive and well-tailored." He chuckled softly, not even fazed at the fact that he could end up bleeding on the floor.

"Good things are meant to be ruined." She mumbled, gripping his arm and pulling him towards the exit. She clung to his arm, keeping the knife hidden in his side while weaving through the crowd.

Once outside, she greeted the cold air openly and finally took a breath. She turned to the guy who was smiling at her, smugly. They were out of the people's sight, somewhere in the shadows next to the building. 

"What now, tianshi?" He chuckled, clearly amused at her attempts to threaten him. She squinted her eyes, concentrating on the tone of his voice before she finally picked up on the accent.

"Chinese..." She mumbled.

"I prefer Lu Han." He teased, but there was a hint of something dark in his eyes. "And who might be the lovely lady holding the knife at the wrong spot?"

"Pardon?" She raised a brow, staring at her weapon of choice.

"You're aiming for an important organ, yes?" He asked and she nodded carefully. "Well, I hate to break this for you, tianshi, but you're way off." He smirked which made her anger rise. 

"You might not die instantly, but you'll bleed to death." She scowled.

"Oh, don't feel so hurt." He held his hands behind his back and stood leisurely. "It's not like you could have done anything in the first place."

"Fine," She growled and threw her knife to the ground where it got stuck into the soft soil. Yuri reached down to her thighs, making him raise his brows curiously. She pulled out her handgun that was slightly stained with a few blood drops. "Now, you were saying?" She smirked.

"Please." He rolled his eyes and struck her wrist, making her let go of the gun and land into his hands where he switched the position of the nozzle to point it at her. He gave her a triumphant smirk to which she mirrored.

"The safety's on." She giggled lightly. Yuri quickly grabbed his wrist and twisted it to the point where it would crack if she added anymore pressure. He let go of the gun and she quickly grabbed hold of it. "See?" She pulled the trigger at him and nothing happened. She pulled something at the back and he heard a click. "Now the safety's off." She smirked and aimed it between his brows.

"Huh. You're not as bad as I thought you to be." He praised, but it didn't manage to swoon her to the point where she lowered the gun.

"Your point?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I don't know, but I wanted to end it there :') 

I also changed the numbers of targets from 16 to 12. Haha too much names to handle, sorry! ._.

Anyways, waiting for those comments because I want your opinions!