The Prodigy

My 22 Year-Old Middle Schooler

 

"You look nervous." Lay told him over and over again.
Chanyeol was still in shock. He couldn't comprehend what he had seen. His hands were still shaking, and his mind was asking a million questions.
Since when did he attend this school?
If he did attend this school, how long would Chanyeol be alive after this. How long would Kyungsoo let him live.
It's not like he was the possessive
type, but Chanyeol was sure anyone in a relationship would get angry, for the most part.

"Is it because you copied off my homework?" Lay spoke up.

Chanyeol couldn't respond.

homework.
school.
piano.
it all.

".. Ahh.. Purk Chunyul." At the disturbance of someone pronouncing his name wrong he snapped his head forward.

A shadow was cast over him. His teacher was observing his homework.

"You seem to have done you homework." He said rubbing his chin.

Chanyeol nodded proudly, quietly thanking Lay who sat beside him.

"Thanks teach, you know me, working hard."
Chanyeol flattered himself. Later realizing it was a bad idea.

"..Hmmm... Yes, if only the answers were correct." The teacher slowly shook his head and walked away.
Glancing at their hands at least 5 times.

Chanyeol gave Lay a sideways look. And Lay didn't need to do anything to make Chanyeol understand.

Of course. Lay can't read music.
He plays by ear.
That little bastard.
Chanyeol could see a sly smile creep up on his face.

The day couldn't get any worse.

"OH MY!" The teacher suddenly screamed.
Chanyeol had to cover his ears because it was that loud.
At first, Chanyeol couldn't care less what the teacher was up to.

Until he saw him.

And Chanyeol wanted to run and hide under his desk.

The one person Chanyeol didn't want in the room. The one person Chanyeol thought they would never meet again. The one person that made him feel like he was in a nightmare.

The one person he had to know the name of.
Was in this room.

"WHAT BEAUTIFUL HANDS!" The teacher swooned. He began to obsessively sniff them.
Chanyeol groaned.
The middle schooler was trying to pull his hand away from the teacher.

The teacher suddenly looked towards the class a tight grip on the what seemed like very feminine hand. Chanyeols heart was racing.

Ohmygod.
Please don't notice me.
Don't notice me.

His vision tunnelled and for a millisecond the small boys and Chanyeols eyes meet. Chanyeol jumps from his desk dramatically.

"I NEED TO GO TO THE TOILET!" He declares.

Chanyeol shuts his eyes tight, not wanting to see the classes reaction.
When he opens them after awhile, nothing happens.
Even Lay, who is sitting right next to him, is ignoring him, eyeing the smaller boy instead.

In fact everyone's attention seems to be diverted away from Chanyeol. All their eyes are upon theboy who  looks 12, that is now being seated on the piano to play a piece for the class.

What the actual-

"Go on, go on." The teacher ushers to the boy, rubbing his hands together hungrily.
His eyes are twinkling with delight an everything looks a tad bit too dramatic.

In response the boy speaks up for once. His voice sends memories of last night through his head.

"Are you sure?" He seems to be asking the question quite genuinely. It almost as if he is warning them of something.

"Well, I'm sure if your hands are that beautiful, you can surely play the piano beautifully."
Hearing words of confidence from their piano teacher sounds so alien.


The small boys shrugs and lifts his arms up high into the air. So high, it's like he's making flying gestures.


A new technique?
The room gets quite. Awaiting the prodigy.


BANG!

All anyone can hear is the loud bang of piano keys being clumsily hit. Everyone either jumps of their chair, falls out of there chair, or covers their ears.

But the performance only continues.

BAnghh RIIING dinnnng Donnng RIOOIIII IOOOIO BBBBI.

TITITI TITUTUYUYUTUY.

Chanyeol doesn't understand how the this guy can make so many jacked up sounds on the piano.

Lay is covering his ears, grinning madly at the boy who is giving the teacher a slow heart attack.
The teacher'a expression changes from confused, scared and lastly furious.

"ENOUGH!!!" He bellows loudly. The boy finally stops.

Instead of the boy looking sad, or disappointed, he looks accomplished.

He stands up and bows. No one claps. The room is silent. Chanyeol can hear the birds chirping outside.

The teachers hasn't said anything. Until the boy starts to walk out the door.

"Hey! Where do you think your going!"
The teacher says furiously.

The boy backs up a little.

"Just making your life easier. Kicking myself out."

The teacher is speechless. Chanyeol can see the visible veins that are about to pop from his head. His face u almost completely red, and the class is only silent.

And before the boy completely walks out the door he gives Chanyeol one last glance.

----
"What was happening In the piano room?"

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are finally headed back home. Chanyeol could to be happier. But Kyungsoo is constantly spamming him with questions about what happened in piano class.
It's not like Chanyeol doesn't want to tell him, it just that he finds it a complete annoyance to talk about "him."

That's right, Chanyeol calling the boy "him" now.
It doesn't strike Chanyeol until later that the boy probably has a name like everyone else.
Either way, Chanyeol thinks asking for his name would be a way of starting an unnessicary friendship.

"Some transfer student was playing the piano horribly." Chanyeol shrugs.

"If he plays horribly why is the in the class? I don't want to deal with everyday. You can hear the piano from across the hall."

Chanyeol laughs.

"I have no idea. You seem angry. It's kinda cute."

Kyungsoo suddenly blushes, his anger subsiding.

"Thanks." He says quietly.

Great. 100 points for Chanyeol for changing the subject.
If Chanyeol was put into the situation where he would have to talk about the boy, he would probably die. When Chanyeol was nervous his legs shake a lot. It's quite noticeable
since he's 6ft tall. He's glad Kyungsoo doesn't know this.

"So did you get in trouble?"

"Huh?"

"The homework?"

"Oh, I mean I wouldn't say I got in trouble..."

"Haha did you copy of Lay? God Chanyeol how many times have you done this?"

"Hey! I try. Besides the stupid library book wasn't-"
Chanyeol stopped in his tracks.

Then he groaned.
"I have to return the library book." Chanyeol face palmed.
Real smart Chanyeol.
Real smart.

Kyungsoo laughed. He cupped Chanyeol cheek and gave him a nice sweet kiss. Chanyeols heart melted.

"Go on, I'll walk home alone."
Chanyeol gave him a small smile.

"Thanks Kyungsoo."

"Hey, don't worry about it." He said sweetly.
Why does he have to be so perfect?
If only all men were like this.

He said his goodbyes, as he hesitantly walked back to school. He was almost happy that Kyungsoo wasn't with him.

Chanyeol wouldn't have known what to if they came across the middle schooler.