Luhan

My 22 Year-Old Middle Schooler

 

Sehun couldn't find him anywhere. He had practically walked up the stairs twice in a row and back down to search for Kai. He was almost positive he was invited to the party.
Now that he was no where in sight Sehun had to at least stall. 

For hours he walked around the front lawn until some kids snickering in the comer called him off to go inside because he was too ugly. 
This was some weird party. 

Just as he was deciding weather or not to go home he felt a tap on his shoulder. 

"I'm here." Kyungsoo said blandly. 

Sehun was surprised Kyungsoo had even talked to him.  From yesterday he was giving  off a don't-ing-talk-to-me-or-I'll-beat-your-balls-and make -cake look. It was weird but it was Kyungsoo.
Sehun smirked at Kyungsoo in triumph. 

"He's not here, so I don't have to confess." Sehun crossed his arms,
grinning madly. 

"You sound like you don't like him." Kyungsoo said rudely. 

"I do too!" 
Kyungsoo just breathed in and out like he had no purpose to be here. 

"What gotten into you?" Sehun snorted. 

"None of your business." 

"Why aren't you with Chanyeol?" 

Kyungsoo blinked. 

"We haven't been hanging out a lot. He... really seems to like his... Childhood friend." 

Sehun laughed crudely. 

"I smell jealousy." 
As if on reflex Kyungsoo whacked him behind his head. 

"No." He said sternly. 

"Then what?" 
Sehun teased. 

Kyungsoo folded his arms angrily. 
"There just... difficult." 

"What the is that supposed to mean?" 

"Nothing." 

"Speaking of them, where are they?"  Sehun put an extra something in his voice in order to tease Kyungsoo. 
Kyungsoo instantly became nervous and sweaty. 

"Does it matter? I trust Chanyeol." 

"But what if-" Sehun starts but Kyungsoo is already walking away. 
He can only laugh at the shorters childishness. Then he wonders if he looked that jealous when someone else was with Kai. 
Thinking about Kai really brought his mood down. He was almost positive he was invited to this party. It made him felt alone. Especially since Baekhyun had quickly checked his phone and suddenly disappeared. As for Chanyeol, Sehun had last seen him go to the washroom, and everything seemed a little too suspicious. 
Oh Kai where could you be? 

All of a sudden Sehun felt something cold run down his shirt. In his drunken state  he would've thought it was the cold, but he moved his hand to feel it and it smelled like alcohol. 

"Oh I'm so sorry!" Someone wailed behind him. He suddenly felt tender hands come to wipe his now soaked shirt. 
He looked at the hard at work "man" who was so determined  to wash Sehuns shirt.  
When Sehun caught a glimpse of who it was he suddenly understood why he had called him a man in quotations. He hardly looked like a
man. With twinkling eyes and long eyelashes, pink lips, and rosy cheeks this person was far from a girl. He found himself starring. Maybe a little too long. 

"Sorry I'm a little tipsy when I'm drunk. Ha hahahahah." The man laughed hysterically, probably because he was drunk. Sehun was too mesmerized to care. 

"I-" Sehun stopped himself when the man stood up revealing his clumsy smile. 

"That should do it!" The clasped Sehuns shoulder. When their eyes met, the man that looked a like a girl gave Sehun a questioning look. 

"Hey... I think I've seen you before." He tapped his chin. 
Sehun was lost because he just found that the cutest thing ever. What-

"Oh! You're friends with Baekhyuniee!!" He exclaimed. 

After all the staring Sehun had done he finally snapped back into his senses. Baekhyuniee? 

"You know him?" Sehun asked nervously. 

"Oh yes. Were childhood friends!" He screamed over the music. 
Sehun needed to take a breath. He heard a voice call on to the man.

"I have to go, see ya!" He waved at Sehun.

"I- wait! What's your name." Sehun swallowed. 

"Luhan!" He screamed like a maniac. 

"Were right next to each other you don't have to scream." Sehun laughed. 
That made Luhan laugh too as he was dragged away by his friends. 
Sehun gripped onto the shirt that Luhan has just wiped off. 

Luhan.
Luhan. 
Luhan. 

---------

"LET ME OUT OF HERE!!!" Chanyeol wailed to the door. 
They were locked in for about 2 hours now. The kiss made it even more awkward. They both did the best they could to ignore the fact they had just made out. 

"Calm down Chanyeol."  Baekhyun said calmly sipping on even more grape juice. The taller was a little worried Baekhyun might need to go the washroom at this point. 
But what the heck he didn't care about Baekhyun. Yeah so what if he just kissed him. He doesn't care. It was desperate. 
A desperate kiss.
Yeah. 

"I can't stay here any longer! I am going to explode!!" Chanyeol said drunkly. 

"Here, have some-" 

"I don't want grape juice for the last time!" 

Baekhyun laughed at Chanyeols desperate situation. The room was so stuffy, and smelly he could rip the walls. He could have sworn he saw a small rat, and was worse the person he was locked in with was none other than Byun Baekhyun. 

"Okay. We're gonna push the door!" Chanyeol said determinedly. 

"You go and do that." Baekhyun nodded. 

"Why are you so uncooperative?" Chanyeol begged to differ why Baekhyun didn't want to get out of here as much as he did. 

"Because I know are chances are small." Baekhyun shrugged. "It's better for us to wait it out." 

Chanyeol sighed, stumbling to the ground. While catching his breath, he wondered how Baekhyun could be so stupid at some point but become a genius the next. 

"You not as dumb as you look." Chanyeol noted out loud. 

"Maybe I was never dumb." 

The room had suddenly gotten awkwardly silent. Maybe he was never dumb. Maybe Chanyeol was blinded by hatred he didn't take the time to notice. He looked at Baekhyun's face that was smiling. 

"Baekhyun-" 

He heard a door click open. Chanyeol was too stupid to notice it was their door. 
Baekhyun suddenly stood from his stool, while Chanyeol arouse from the ground, both awaiting the identity of the person behind the door. 

After countless key clicking the door swung open and a tired, restless man appeared in front of the door. 
His eyes looked droopy and out of reality. He looked high as . 
Chanyeol instantly remembered this face from the bar. The guy who always gave him the wrong answers in piano class.

"Lay." Baekhyun said for him. "I forgot you work as a nighttime janitor."

"What the ." Is all Chanyeol could say. 

Lay didn't have any reaction at all. He just let them both exit the stuffy room. Chanyeol turned around one last time to look at Lay who was already walking the other way in order to mop the floor. 

"What with him? Because in school he was more Mischevious and playful. Chanyeol whispered to Baekhyun. He didn't mean it in a bad way, but more a worrisome way. Lay looked like a lost child who couldn't find his house. 

"He's a little weird. Almost always looks high. The truth is, he never is." Baekhyun told him. 
Chanyeol nodded. 

"Not as weird as you though." Baekhyun added.

"Says you." Chanyeol fought back.

"Lanky giant." 

"Bean sprout." 

While walking down the halls they constantly threw names at each other, until they reached the exit. 
At least Chanyeol wasn't alone. 
At least he wasn't alone. 

-----------

The next morning was just like any other morning. Chanyeol was late. His vocal teacher gave him scolding looks. And everyone else gave him sympathetic looks. 
Oh poor Park Chanyeol. 
Always late. Never completes him homework. Does everything wrong. 

"Hey Chanyeol." Kyungsoo sits down across from Chanyeol. The taller hasn't realized he's in the cafeteria and he's already thinking too much. 

"Hi." Is all Chanyeol can say because he's just so ing tired and it feels so awkward with Kyungsoo here. They haven't talked in forever and it doesn't even looks like their a couple any more. Which is so not true.

"Kyung I'm so sor-" 

"I need to talk to you." 

"What?" 

"In private." Kyungsoo breathes unevenly. Chanyeol instantly feels guilty. For the past two weeks Chanyeol has been hanging out with Baekhyun and he's never once thought about how Kyungsoo feels. On top of that  his and Baekhyun's little accidents don't help. Chanyeol realizes in a way, he's cheating. 
He's a filthy cheater. 
Just like his dad.

Sehun joins them after a while breaking the silence.
 His head slumps down as he groans.

"What now?" Chanyeol asks. 

"I'm confused." Sehun messes with his hair. 

"About what?" 

"You guys know how I'm deeply in love with Kai right? Well... I think I like someone else too... and  IM JUST SO CONFUSED." 

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo laugh and he same time and that makes him think of the old times. When it was just the three of them sitting at the table. It felt nice, before Baekhyun had come. Now it was a crazy circus because of him. 

"Who's the other guy?" Kyungsoo asks. It funny how Chanyeol was just about to ask the same thing. He notices how Kyungsoo's lips have curled into a small smile.

"I only got his name... And his beautiful... Beautiful... Beautiful..-" 

"And the name is?" Chanyeol interrupts Sehuns daydream. 

"Luhan." 

At first Chanyeol has no reaction. And he would have stayed that way until he found that name vaguely familiar.

"Luhan...." He repeats to himself. 


Sehuns eyes widen.

"I'm having déjà vu! Do you know him? I feel like you meet my lovers before I meet them my self." Sehuns gasps for the second time in a row. 

"Of course he's Baekhyun's childhood friends you would know him! Hook me up!" Sehun exclaims happily. Chanyeol can only gape at Sehun. 

Childhood friend. Right he's Baekhyun's childhood friend.

The only problem is, he's not. 
He curses himself for making up this stupid lie. 

"Uh... Sehun..." Chanyeol try's to muster up a good answer.
Kyungsoo is eyeing his every move waiting for him to burst. That is, until someone comes to save his . Someone he doesn't really want to be here, but he comes anyways. 

"HI EVERYONE!" Baekhyun announces. 

Both Kyungsoo and Sehun groan at the same time. However, Chanyeol couldn't be happier. Obviously because he saved him from a right situation. Nothing else. He takes a relieved breath.

"Who are we talking about? Better not be me." Baekhyun says obnoxiously. 

But everyone's head is already tinted to where Sehun is pointing and gasping. His eye are so wide they could pop.

"It's him! It's him!" He shouts. Point to the (Chanyeol guesses) is Luhan. 

And now Chanyeol understands clearly. Luhan looks incredibly familiar. Yes he was defiantly the one who randomly began to kiss Baekhyun last night at the party. Chanyeol doesn't understand why but his fists are automatically balled. 
When he let's go he can see how much his nails dug into his palm. 

His vision gets dizzy when Luhan glances towards their table and automatically begins to stride towards them. 

Chanyeol turns his head towards Baekhyun direction. The shorter doesn't show it, but he looks worried. Chanyeol knows exactly why. 
Baekhyun begins to put pressure onto Chanyeol thigh. As if to say "danger." 
Because this really is Baekhyun's childhood friend, and he could blow their cover. 

Right now. 
Right here.