Pity

My 22 Year-Old Middle Schooler

 

Chanyeol can't say how he feels when he and Baekhyun walk down the quiet streets towards Chanyeols house.
Chanyeol is tired. He wants to collapse on his warm bed and stay there forever. He knows he has school and that he's probably going to be late for piano class tomorrow , but he could care less right now. Kyungsoo will also be mad and Chanyeol knows calling him cute won't get him out of this one.
And theirs his other problem who is now dancing on the street, drunk and carefree. At this point Baekhyun has already begun to play small games with his feet, swinging on lampposts. It's already been 5minutes and Chanyeol can't take his childishness. Baekhyun soon gets tired and joins Chanyeol as they walk side by side, shoulders brushing. Which makes Chanyeol flinch.

"Are we on a date Park Chanyeol?"

"No."

"Aw, can we-"

"No."

"Can we get icecream?"

"No."

Baekhyun begins to wine and stomp his feet.
Chanyeol rolls his eyes in annoyance.
"It's midnight for gods sakes." Chanyeol breaths out.

"Okay, how about nachos?"

"Are you pregnant or something? No."

Baekhyun makes that pouty thing with his lips that makes Chanyeol turn his head away.

"If Kyungsoo were here you would say yes!" Baekhyun exclaims defensively.

"Of course I would." Chanyeol smirks. It's fun to annoy Baekhyun for a change.

"What makes me and him different?" Baekhyun crosses his arms while walking.

"You annoying, he's not."

Baekhyun smiles to him self as Chanyeol says this. Like it's the most important thing in the world.

"My mom told me annoying means cute."

"Your mom is wrong."

Baekhyun looks flabbergasted at the comment as he cheeks become puffy.

"My mom is better than your mom!" Baekhyun announces.

Chanyeol freezes.
His mom.

Baekhyun doesn't notice Chanyeol has stopped in his tracks so he snaps himself out of it.

"Yeah." He agrees.

--------

After many stupid comments and questions purposed by Byun Baekhyun they have finally made it to Chanyeols 1 story apartment.
It's not much of course, it actually looks like crap. Baekhyun thinks other wise.

"I love it!!!" He tells the world.

Chanyeol can't understand where he is coming from. Then again he is drunk.
The door opens easily as Chanyeol twists the key. Obviously the door creaks, as well as the floors. Which probably makes you think, isn't Park Chanyeol rich? Why does he live in this garbage?
You see, Park Chanyeol could care less. Heck he could buy a mansion, furniture along with it. Chanyeol doesn't want to spoil himself like his father, or else he will eventually become him.

He doesn't notice eager Baekhyun has already started jumping on the couch.

Such a child.

Chanyeol sighs placing his jacket down on the ground, not a care in the world because he's just so ing tired.
Tired and cold.
He hasn't taken notice that's it is already December. So he walks over to the furnace to turn on the heater.

When he comes back he finds Baekhyun chugging out of a red wine bottle. He looks like a complete mess.

"What the-"

"Chanyeriooo!!! I drank blood! I am a very bad person! Will I die?"

Chanyeol groans loudly as he retrieved the empty red wine glass.

"You finished the whole thing in 2 minutes what the hell?!!" Chanyeol says in disbelief.

In response Baekhyun is giggling to him self groggily trying to stand up, which seems to be really hard.

"I zzz soooo hot in heeeere." His eyes roll up like a demon. Chanyeol takes a scary step back.

"I- I the heater." He stutters, because Baekhyun is suddenly leaning on him. And somehow he realizes Baekhyun Is right. It's getting hot.
Baekhyun's head is leaning chanyeol's shoulder and quite frankly he doesn't know what to do.

Instead of thinking too much he holds Baekhyun and lays him down on the couch.
No way that guy's gonna sleep on my bed.
He comes back with an extra blanket. While Chanyeol walks back to his own room he glances one more time back at Baekhyun, and notices his clothes are drenched with alcohol.

What a childish little-
Chanyeol stops himself as he remembers he has some old clothes in his closet. Obviously he won't change Baekhyun himself. Never.
With that, he lays a t-shirt and pair of Jeans down beside the couch, so when Baekhyun wakes up, he won't be completely a mess.

Finally Chanyeol decides to go to sleep. Until he glances again in back at Baekhyun. And he doesn't know why his head keeps automatically turning towards him. But immediately he regrets it because when he turns back Baekhyun has that same creepy smile on.
And it's even more creepy because he's sleeping.

-----
Of course the next morning does not go as planned, but not as less planned than usual.
Chanyeol doesn't even check on Baekhyun because he's already running out the door towards school. To his knowledge Baekhyun has probably already woken up and is at school.

He's running so fast he wonders why he hang joined the track team. Only after 10 minutes he's out of breath and he crosses out the thought.

"PuuuuRrrkkk chhhAnnnnyurl!!!" The piano teacher bellows. It's funny because it seems that the teacher knows Chanyeol is late because he had yet to walk into the class.
Now Chanyeol thinks it's useless to walk Into class but he does it anyways.

The class doesn't even look at Chanyeol because it's just so normal now. The teacher eyes him with complete annoyance, eyes bloodshot. Chanyeol bows in a quick sorry.

Don't cut my hands.
Don't cut my hands.

"I don't want your hands Park Chanyeol." The teacher reads his mind.

"I- thanks?"

--------

Baekhyun was nowhere to be seen.

It's not like Chanyeol cares anyways.

It's just that sitting in the lunch room with Sehun and Kyungsoo and not that annoying little Baekhyun is kinda of annoying itself.

"What's wrong Kyungsoo asks opening a juice box which seems so weird to Chanyeol.

"When did you start drinking juice boxes."

Kyungsoo is confused at first but he answers as if it's obvious.

"Baekhyun told me to try it. Speaking of him, where is he?"

"You guys are close now?" Chanyeol asks. He doesn't realize his voice kinda sounds offended. It's been a week, and Baekhyun has fit in so quickly.

"Were friends Chanyeol, your the one who's close to him." Kyungsoo laughs.

"Huh?" Chanyeols heart stops. Does Kyungsoo know that Baekhyun was at his house? Oh my god-

"Your his childhood friend?" Kyungsoo says obviously.

"oHhhh yeahhhhhh." Chanyeol laughs. His nervousness breaking. For a second he felt like he could collapse.

Sehun eyes him carefully. He hasn't talked in awhile.

"What's with you?" Chanyeol asks him.

Sehun immediately droops as of he's been waiting for someone to ask.

"Ughhhhh he's going on a dance trip!!!" Sehun wails dramatically.

"Who?"

"Kai!!!!!!!! Oh my god Chanyeol where have u been!! Which reminds have YOU Asked!"

Chanyeol had almost forgotten. His answer comes out weirdly.

"Uh, yeah Baekhyun's his half cousin or something." Chanyeol shrugs nonchalantly. But he doesn't feel nonchalant. He wants to talk more about this with Sehun. He acts like he doesn't care and it's weird.

"Phew, that's good."
Kyungsoo nods at Chanyeol comment.

"It is odd because Kai seems to be really talented... Baekhyun on the other hand..." Kyungsoo smiles a little.

Chanyeol smiles a little too. He remembers when he asked Baekhyun why he was horrible at everything. Baekhyun's response was that he could make the best chocolate cake ever. That made Chanyeol laugh.

"Apparently the only thing he can do is bake a chocolate cake."

The whole group laughs. Chanyeol doesn't feel guilty one bit until he hears the voice behind him.

"And he can do it way better than all of you." Baekhyun's voice is so ing annoying to Chanyeols ears.

Sehuns and Kyungsoo suddenly become interested in their plates.

"You're late." Chanyeol says, ignoring Baekhyun's dramatic
entrance.

Baekhyun sits down right next to Chanyeol with a loud thump. He notices Baekhyun's weird taste in clothing. Only after he figures out those are are Chanyeols clothes.

He freaks out.
How could he easily forget about yesterday?
As if it were nothing?

"Maybe if you woke-" Baekhyun starts but Chanyeol pinches his thigh.

"Hey!" Baekhyun slaps his hand away. Baekhyun gives him a questioning look. Chanyeol looks away.
Baekhyun may be an , but he wasn't a dumb , no matter how untalented he was.
Chanyeols affectionate pinch meant:

IF YOU ING SAY A WORD BYUN BAEKHYUN-

Baekhyun's creepy smile interrupts his thoughts.
He knows what this means.
Baekhyun's up to something.

Kyungsoo and Sehun continue to eat their food.
They look scared of Baekhyun.
Of course they were just talking him, what do you expect?

"Why are you late Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo suddenly asks.

"Well, I'm glad you asked because-"

Chanyeol pinches him again. This time making it un noticeable.
So Baekhyun kicks his shin and smiles while at it.
Kyungsoo looks confused because now Chanyeol an Baekhyun are having a war under the table with huge fake grins on their faces. Their feet kick back and forth. With every kick comes more and more force.

"What the is wrong with you two?" Sehun asks. All he sees his Baekhyun and Chanyeol smiling at them.

Kyungsoo eyes them carefully.

"Where have I seen that shirt before?" He point towards Baekhyun who is about to kick Chanyeol.

Chanyeol stops cold, unsure what to do. Of course. How stupid of him.
Kyungsoo knows what Chanyeol has worn for two years. Chanyeol is really stuck this time.
He is dead, he knows it.
His legs begin to shake.
He feels a hand crawl up his thigh, and he feels shivers. Baekhyun's attention is diverted away as he begins to speak to Kyungsoo calmly, rubbing Chanyeols shaking legs.

Somehow it soothes Chanyeol. At the same time... What the actual .

"I fell in mud yesterday, Chanyeol let me burrow his shirt." Baekhyun tells him as if it's the ing truth. "You've probably seen him wear it."

Kyungsoo thinks for awhile, eyes narrowing.

"Why are you still wearing it?"

"All my clothes are in the wash."

Chanyeol gapes at Baekhyun and his stupid yet smart lie.
No he's defentally stupid.

"Oh." Kyungsoo continues eating.
But Chanyeol can only stare at Baekhyun.

Who does this guy think he is? Taking pity on me and helping me.

It's so confusing because Chanyeol doesn't notice Baekhyun is still rubbing his thigh.

And Chanyeol doesn't stop him. What the heck Park Chanyeol slap his hand dammit. His chest does weird things and it so
uncomfortable.
But instead Baekhyun removed his hand instead not even stealing a glance at Chanyeol.
What the .

What the .