Not a chance

My 22 Year-Old Middle Schooler

 

Chanyeol is now walking alone. The halls are quiet and empty just as is Chanyeols mood. 
He knows he's not supposed to be at school at 12:00, but everything just seemed so intriguing. 
Then again, alcohol was  a push factor. 

But more than that- 

Before Chanyeol can even process another thought  a large hand covers his mouth and he is in the darkness of the janitors closet. 

------ Before 

Chanyeol thinks it's official. He didn't think it would be this hard to pick a class he hates the most, but now he is sure. 
He hates piano class so much. 
And it's all because of one annoying little brat. 

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun wines later on in the day. They have just finished their piano class and are now heading to lunch. Chanyeol is against the fact that Baekhyun is following him everywhere, yet he never stops him. 

"Let me copy of your work!!" Baekhyun continues to enter Chanyeol's train of thought. 

While walking down the hallways Chanyeol ignores him the best he can, not sparing a glance until he really snaps. 

"Chanyeol! Please please please!" 

"Can you not!" He flings himself back making Baekhyun jump back in surprise. It's weird seeing him scared, and it almost looks fake, until Chanyeol begins to walk away and Baekhyun isn't following him. 

It's not like Chanyeol cares anyways, but after awhile everything feels a little empty. And before he knows he turns around and no one is walking behind him. 
When he turns around he feels the presence of another face, a little too close for his liking. 
He can only capture small, slanted down eyes. 

"Chanyeol please let me copy off your homework!" 
Chanyeol takes a scary step back. That was wayyyyy to close. 

Instead of answering his question Chanyeol continues to walk towards the cafeteria as if all his problems have been solved. 
Baekhyun only giggles  because he probably knows that Chanyeol has given up. 

When they finally sit down on their lunch table Chanyeol hesitantly reaches into his bag to retrieve his piano homework, and just then kyungsoo comes to sit next to them. 

"Hey." He says plopping himself on the seat across from Chanyeol. Of course he can't sit beside Chanyeol  because idiotic Baekhyun was all up in his face. 

He wants to throw his homework on the floor so Baekhyun would be in the midst of reaching for it, while Kyungsoo slips beside Chanyeol. 

But once again some weird force stops him. And dam, he really needs to beat the crap of that invisible force. 

"Hey Kyung, how've you been?" Chanyeol decides  to start talking because to be honest he hasn't talked to Kyungsoo in a while. Maybe  because if he stays with him any longer, he might give away Baekhyun's secret. 
His secret. 

"Just tired." 
And it's true, he does look tired, not the kind of "I didn't sleep a lot "tired like Baekhyun, but the " I'm tired of something". 
Chanyeol couldn't read minds, but he he could see it in Kyungsoo's face. 
Something is up. Kyungsoo silently chews on his food, while averting his eyes back and fort between Baekhyun and Chanyeol. 
Is it possible that Kyungsoo knows everything? Is he waiting for us to fess up and make us embarrassed? Chanyeol wants to think otherwise, but he's never seen this kind of fire in his eyes. 

"Chanyeol, the homework." Baekhyun says for the 100th time. 

"Yeah, yeah." Chanyeol finally reaches into his bag.
Baekhyun takes it hungrily in his hands. He immediately begins to roughly copy of the work.

"You know he's grading that." Chanyeol chews on his food. 

"You sound like I care." 
Baekhyun retorts and reveals a small smile. 

"You should." Chanyeol rolls his eyes. He looks at Baekhyun who is diligently doing his work. Ever so often Chanyeol finds himself staring at Baekhyun and this is probably one of those times. 

The way that Baekhyun is it at seems so fitting and nice. Likes he's born to do his homework. Which is so ironic, since he never does. 
Every once in a while Baekhyun scrunched his nose and laughs at the sheet of paper, but continues to write what's on it anyways. Chanyeol knows he's going crazy now. Baekhyun is so weird. 
So dam weird. 
He doesn't even realise Kyungsoo is staring at Chanyeol. Chanyeol doesn't understand what the problem is, and then Chanyeol feels that his own lips had been curled up in a smile the whole time. 
While looking at Byun ing Baekhyun. 
Right infront of his boyfriend. 

It's so awkward Chanyeol can only clear his throat. Until. 

"OKAY GUYS I NEED YOU ALL WITH ME AFTER SCHOOL!!!" Sehun practically screams. He is right next to table and all except Baekhyun (who is busy) jump off their seat. 

"What the Sehun!" Kyungsoo almost snaps fully. Thankfully he quiets down and clears his throat. It's weird seeing his snap, but maybe it's normal because he has been silent for a long time. And that makes Chanyeol think maybe he is really tired. 

Sehun gives him a wtf look and goes back to talking about himself. 

"I'm gonna need you all the come to a party." 

"What?!" Both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo spout in usion. 

Sehun can only slump on the table like Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are the biggest failures in his life. 

"Sure." Baekhyun says out of no where as he continues to scribble with a pencil. 

Chanyeol is speechless because he said that so nonchalantly. But it's not like he can't go to a college party. Get drunk, and dance right? 
Not everyone thinks like Chanyeol, because although his frequent visits to the bar,  he despises parties. 
That's probably why he finds company at the bar extremely annoying. He is not sure what it is. Maybe the music or the people, either way he doesn't like it any more than before. 

Kyungsoo probably feels the same. But for a different reason. 
Alcohol. 
Chanyeol wants to curse under his breath, but he is afraid his breath reeks of vodka. 

"Thanks." Sehun nods to Baekhyun. 
"But guyz I need 3 people." 

"No way-"  Kyungsoo and Chanyeol start.

"Why do you need three?" Baekhyun asks, again out of no where.

Sehun looks at him and  answers like he's cooking up some plan. 

"Well you see I didn't really get invited to the party, I kinda er- begged them." Sehun impishly smiles. "But anyways they said they would let me go if I had 3 friends!" Sehun claps his hands together. 

Chanyeol can see a raised eyebrow from Baekhyun, and Chanyeol can feel that Baekhyun knows something. 
It's so weird, but somehow Baekhyun knows why Sehun is going to the party.

"Is my cousin gonna be there?" 

Of course, the only real reason to beg someone to go to a party. 

Sehuns eyes avert in a different direction as he blushes a little. He nods once.

"It's really important to me guyz. Help a friend out will you?" Sehun is filled with lovey Dovey meanwhile Kyungsoo is giving him a death glare. 

"No way, I'm not helping your sorry just to get someone you will never have."  Kyungsoo replys. 

"Hey! I will." 

"Maybe if you stop stalking him and ask him out." 

Sehun thinks for awhile, rubbing his chin like in the movies. 

"If I ask him out at the party, you have to come with me." Sehun sticks his tongue out because he knows Kyungsoo is stuck at that. 
Kyungsoo folds his arms and sighs eating his food. 

"And you Chanyeol?" Sehun asks. 
Chanyeol quite honesty doesn't know what to say. Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are going and he's all alone. But then he remembers how much he hated parties. How much alcohol their is, how dangerous it can be. He glances at Kyungsoo, who is ignoring everyone completely. And finally he looks at Baekhyun who is staring at him right in the eye WITH THE EVIL GRIN. 

"What ever." Chanyeol breaths his answer. 

"Great! Then it's set! 6:00pm it is!" Sehuns looks more happy than ever as he starts to eat his sandwich, but then he remembers something.

"Ahh, right Baekhyun, I'm gonna need to ask you some questions about my future husband." 

Baekhyun lifts his head. 

"What kinds of things does he like on guys? You know,  so I can be prepared to look good." Sehun flips his hair. 

Baekhyun chuckles softly, like he's a ing therapist giving Sehun treatment. It dawns on to Chanyeol, that Baekhyun and Sehun are alike in a way. They both have something up their sleeves.

"To be honest. I hate him." Baekhyun says in monotone. 
Chanyeol can only gape him. What is this all of a sudden? Baekhyun hates Kai? But maybe it's not all a lie.

Sehuns eyes are wide in disbelief and no words can come out of his mouth. Kyungsoo is giving him a weird look. Basically everyone is really shocked to hear these kinds of words leave Baekhyun's mouth. 

Baekhyun looks at everyone, still smiling. 
"That's how I show my affection towards him silly!" Baekhyun bangs his hand on the desk like it's the funniest thing in the world.

Sehun breaths out dramatically. 
"Wow Baekhyun you're funny." Chanyeol isn't sure if that sarcasm. 

"What can I say, I'm a prodigy." 

-------
The day goes by fast and Chanyeol is already at home looking through his closet. He has to go to a party he wasn't planning to go to. He doesn't understand what to wear, because obviously he doesn't go to parties. 
He imagines himself In the corner talking to nothing but himself. The only way Chanyeol could, and would ever socialize is if he was drunk. But Kyungsoo will be there and he doesn't want to spill anymore secrets. 
He's been keeping so many secrets now that he wonders why he doesn't call them lies. They don't deserve to be called secrets because Chanyeol can easily stop what's he's doing, but he continues anyways. No body deserves him. Not even Kyungsoo. 

When he walks out the door he pulls out his phone.  The phone answers and he immediately starts talking. 

"Yeah Sehun. Listen, I have to walk to- uh the... Wait it's this way, I- okay I went the wrong way... Listen it's dark here so- I'm kind of alone.... Where do you think this place is?" 

All Chanyeol can here is muffled laughter from the other side. How rude. Chanyeol can't help but feel nervous after all he is walking alone, something he deeply despises. 

"Afraid of walking alone?" Comes a familiar voice. But not a nice familiar voice. 

"Shut up Baekhyun and give the phone to Sehun." Chanyeol says his hands shaking. 

"How can I? When you dialed me?" Chanyeol can almost feel Baekhyun's stupid smirk across the line. Chanyeols heart does a summersault, but he realizes that Baekhyun is probably lying. 

"Listen, I don't have time for your crap." Chanyeol spits. 

"How nice! Our first phone conversation together." Baekhyun says dreamily. Although extremely sarcastically. 

"What ever, just give me directions." Chanyeol snorts. 

"Hmm okay." Chanyeol can hear Baekhyun's body shift behind to phone. That idiot's probably looking up some map. 

"First go right." 

"What? your not even gonna ask me where I am?" Chanyeol says confused and annoyed at the same time. 

"Chanyeol, do you want to get to your destination or not?" Baekhyun breathes through the phone. Chanyeol can almost feel it being substituted with the wind. 

"Ugh just tell me where to go." Chanyeol says in defeat.

"Okay take a right turn.... Nah ah not that way the other way good." 

"Okay what now." 

"Now keep walking down that street. Straight." 

"Okay...."

"OKAY STOP!" 
Chanyeol can hear Baekhyun's voice almost double at the shriek. Chanyeol looks up at the sky because right now it sounded like a bird. He realizes  the sky is black instead, and it gives him chills. 

With his head tilted towards the sky he asks Baekhyun. 
"Okay where is it." 

"Well, it's not that tall." 
There it is again. The double voice. 
Not that tall... Is it in the basement? He removes his gaze from the sky and looks down to find a shorter person in front of him. He almost jumps until he realizes who it is. He holds his chest down for some breath. The reason the phone had a double voice was because the person who was taking into it was right In front of him. 

"Byun ing Baekhyun I-" Chanyeol try's to catch his own breath before scolding Baekhyun for scaring him. 
Baekhyun turns of his phone and smiles brightly, looking at Chanyeol. 

"Miss me?" 

"Not a chance." Chanyeol breathes. 

Baekhyun replies with a chuckle. 

And now Chanyeol isn't walking alone in the cold, dark night anymore. He's with Baekhyun. 
Chanyeol finally decides to turn off his phone. His last glance is at the caller. 

He never really did dial Sehun.