Childhood Enemy

My 22 Year-Old Middle Schooler

 

Today Chanyeol feels angrier than ever. He also feels the need to either throw or break everything that's in his way.
He doesn't understand why he's mad. But every time he is the middle schoolers Baekhyun's face comes into his head. He's not even sure he is a middle Schooler. He probably isn't. Chanyeol doesn't care.

What kills him even more is the fact that he actually hates this kid.
He constantly asks him self.
Why do I even hate him?
Because he kissed me?
No. That doesn't make sense, because I initiated it.

But he continued too...

Nothing made sense anymore. Chanyeols solution was the blame it all on Baekhyun.

"Chanyeol what's wrong?"
Chanyeol was too caught up in his thoughts he hadn't realized that Kyungsoo was tapping his shoulder. Chanyeols lunch tray was untouched, and lunch it's self was almost over.

"Nothing." Chanyeol began to eat his food. Although Kyungsoo didn't seem satisfied.

"You keep staring off into space. What's going on?"
Chanyeol turned his drowsy head towards Kyungsoo's worried face.
How cute.

"Like I said. Nothing, I'm just tired."
Chanyeol tired a hopeful smile. At that Kyungsoo seemed to settle down a little more.

Chanyeol wasn't completely lying. He had no slept at all last night. He didn't even bother going to the bar because he really didn't need to see Baekhyun again. He drank all night until he passed out. He knew it wasn't good for him, but what was the point-

"Hi"
Suddenly a large lunch tray smacked on the table where Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were seated. When Chanyeol looked up all the hairs at the back of his neck stood up. He wanted to groan, but all his words were choked up at the back of his throat. Chanyeol doesn't know what to say anymore because Baekhyun is already making himself at home on their table.
The mere fact that Baekhyun is siting here makes this table a possessive object.
Baekhyun begins to open a juice box which they don't sell in the cafeteria.
He really is 12.

Chanyeol doesn't realize until later that Kyungsoo is giving him a who-the-hell-is-he, look. In response Chanyeols legs start to shake because he takes in the situation before him.

His boyfriend is right beside him, and the man he made out with in the bar was right in front of them.
Crap.

Kyungsoo glances towards Baekhyun. He opens his mouth to say something, his voice sounds incredibly polite and confused all at the same time.

"Um... Hi. Who are-"

"You know they don't sell vodka in the cafeteria." Baekhyun interrupts holding the juice box up to show them.
"I always buy juice boxes." He shakes his head I disappointment.
Chanyeol can only feel annoyed. He can also feel Kyungsoo's confusion grow on him. It's not everyday someone random person sits with you and talks to you as if you've been friends for years.
Chanyeol is really surprised when Kyungsoo speaks like their having a normal conversation.

"I've never seen you around? Are you new?"

"Yeah, I'm a transfer student."

Kyungsoo smiles warm heartedly and Chanyeol cringed at this very sympathetic Kyungsoo.

"What program are you in?" Kyubgsoo feels the need to continue talking to Baekhyun.

"Music."

"So are we!" Kyungsoo explains happily pointing towards Chanyeol.
Baekhyun's head slyly moves to look at Chanyeol.
When Kyungsoo reaches into his bag to check a text, Baekhyun is giving Chanyeol the most creepy smirk he's ever seen.

Kyungsoo finally finishes up with his phone, and Chanyeol is thankful because he feels so uncomfortable with Baekhyun looking at him like that.
Baekhyun's face abdruptly changed to an innocent one as he speaks up, pointing at Chanyeol.

"Where have I see you before?"

Kyungsoo turns to Chanyeol in confusion, all Chanyeol can do is shake his legs even more.
He breathes again when he thinks of a good answer.

"You're in my piano class." Chanyeol attempts to answer smoothly. His voice almost cracks though.

What is Baekhyun up to?
Chanyeol told him not to say anything.
What a cheat.

It's not until Kyungsoo can put two- and-two together.

"Ohh.. You're that transfer student." Kyungsoo nods.

Baekhyun smiles at that.

"What transfer student?" He asks innocently. Chanyeol feels the need to punch him.

"I could hear you play piano from across the hall." Kyungsoo explains shyly. Chanyeol wants to laugh because just yesterday he was angry.

"What can I say? I'm a prodigy." Baekhyun then begins to gleefully sip out of juice box. Not a care in the world.

"So, you drink alcohol?" Kyungsoo yet again starts another conversation. Chanyeol gives Kyungsoo a small look of annoyance, but Kyungsoo is too distracted to care.

"Oh yes." And then he starts to sip again.

"Drinking isn't good for you, you know." Kyungsoo says genteelly. He sounds exactly like a mother.

"You don't like alcohol?" Baekhyun asks.

"Absolutely hate it. It messes with your head." Kyungsoo says determinedly.
Baekhyun is already choking on his juice. He doesn't seem to care because he is looking at Chanyeol.
Chanyeol finally takes in what's going on.

Kyungsoo doesn't like alcohol.
Oh my god.
Chanyeols leg is at again. He can feel the table shake in the process.

His own boyfriend hates alcohol, and Chanyeol reeks of it.
Right now, he's trying his best not to sound nervous when he speaks.

"Hey Baekhyun, don't you have to do some homework?" Chanyeol says through gritted teeth.

"How do you know his name?" Kyungsoo suddenly asks.

"Yeah Chanyeol, how do you know my name?"

"I- I- wait how do you know my name?"

"I don't know you tell me first."

"No, you tell me why you know my name and then I'll tell you how I know your name."

"I can't. You first. If you don't go first then won't tell you how I know your name."

In the midst of their argument Kyungsoo's head is going back and forth between them both.

"Do you guys know eachother?"

Chanyeol takes a deep breath but before he can say anything Baekhyun is already talking.

"Yeah, me and him-"

Just then, Chanyeol reaches over to cover Baekhyun's mouth that is still moving under his fingers, making muffled noises.

"What he means is- uh- were childhood friends." Chanyeol musters up to make a huge lie he later regrets.

Kyungsoo dismissively rubs his chin . "Really? You've never talked about a guy named Baekhyun before."

"Yeah, we go way back, so I probably wouldn't have remembered. I couldn't even recognize him myself." Chanyeol nods to him self.
Yeah this seems like a good lie.
But with any good lie comes a hundred more lies.

"Did you guys go to the same school?"

"Yeah... we got the whole childhood friend package." Chanyeol responded swiftly, eager to change the subject.
He glances at Baekhyun who has a dumb smile on his face. As if to say:
"Good luck."
Chanyeol is surprised Baekhyun is playing along.
Then agian, Baekhyun's the type to have a little fun. For him,
This is an entertainment outlet.
Regardless of what was going to actually happen to this lie, Kyungsoo seemed to buy it. He reaches out to shake Baekhyun's hand.

"Well, I'm Chanyeol's boyfriend. Nice to meet you Baekhyun."
Baekhyun takes his hand without hesitation.

"Me too."

And then Baekhyun does the same creepy smile.

----

As Chanyeol walks to piano class he reflects on what he has just done.

He lied to his boyfriend.

He drinks alcohol and Kyungsoo clearly doesn't like alcohol.

He's made a new friend that supposedly his childhood friend.

And he's made an enemy.

Byun Baekhyun.

Before he steps into the class he catches a glimpse of someone running past him. It's too late because the man shoves into him, both falling on top of one another.

"Chanyeol!" The man says shocked.
Chanyeol doesn't need to see his face to know who it is. He can hear a lisp.

"Sehun get the off me."
Obediently Sehun dusts himself off, as they both stand up.

"Where were you at lunch?" Chanyeol asks.

Sehun suddenly smiles and Chanyeol understands immediately. It's one of his you'll- think-I'm -creepy-if-I-tell you, looks.
Right now, looking at Chanyeol it reminds him of yesterday, when they were In the library.

"What happened yesterday-"

"After you walked out with that other guy?"

"Um.. Yeah." Chanyeol manages.

"I ran too."

"What?"
Sehuns nods slowly.

"I know, I know, but I didn't know what to do. Everything felt a little awkward, obviously."
Sehun looks at the ground in disappointment for awhile until his face brightens up again.

"So what you and that other guy up to?" Chanyeol doesn't want to hear it so he's already heading inside the class. Sehun jumps in front of him.

"Why do you want to know so bad?" Chanyeol asks,'clearly irritated.

"Isn't it obvious? Because he was clearly hitting on my future husband!" Sehun sounded flabbergasted.
Chanyeol had almost forgotten. For once he believed the alcohol was a little too strong.
He was sure he wasn't hallucinating yesterday when he saw Baekhyun and the dance kid in the middle of their make up session.
The real question was, what relationship did they share?
Chanyeol finally decided to answer by telling him "the lie."

"We're childhood friends, we haven't seen each other for awhile. I thought we'd catch up." Chanyeol crosses his arms, waiting for Sehun to move out of his way.

"So you take him by the wrist and talk to him I the hall? How strange." Shun begins the scratch his head on confusion. And for once Chanyeol thanks The Lord that he is this thick headed.

"Can I go to class now? I'm going to be late-"

"Wait." Sehun holds his arm out so Chanyeol can advance any further.

"What now." Chanyeol groans. The last thing he needs is more questions about Baekhyun. Just thinking about him makes him want to run far away.

"Ask him."

"What?"

"Ask him about Kai."

"Who the is Kai?"

"My husband!"

"Oh, ask him what?"

Sehun looks at Chanyeol for a while. It's almost like he wants Chanyeol to be late.

"Ask your childhood friend about what relationship he has with Kai. If it's nothing, I'll let him live. If it's something, well, we'll see."
Sehuns voice sounds dangerous and clear. He is really serious. Chanyeol feels the need to do what ever Sehun asks.

"You delusional." Chanyeol rolls his eyes.

"So your denying they have a thing for each other?"

"Yes!- I mean no! It's not like I care anyway!"

Chanyeol rubs the new sweat that has formed on his forehead. The tips of his cheeks are slowly burning.

"Please Chanyeol!" Sehun pleads with both hands. Despite the state of anger Chanyeol is in, he realizes he will be late for piano class. He doesn't want to loose his hands, so he gives up.

"Fine." He agrees.
But just like everything he agrees to, he regrets right after.

Sehuns face breaks into a smile.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you."
And Sehun is already running away. Chanyeol can't help but smile a tiny bit, at the good deed he has just committed.

By the time he walks into class the teacher is already glaring at him.

"Purk Chanyurl." The teacher says lazily.

"Park Chanyeol." He corrects.
The teachers ignores Chanyeol as he Scratches his head that's full of white hair.

Chanyeol looks over the catch a glimpse of Lays reaction. But when he doesn't see him in his seat looks around the class.
Today he is sitting at he back, rather than the middle.
When Chanyeol gives him a questioning look he points towards his occupied seat.

And Chanyeols see's someone occupying his seat. Chanyeol's vision tunnels, and he once again needs to go to the washroom.

If things couldn't get anymore clenchee, there he was their class
Prodigy, Byun Baekhyun sitting on the chair next to his.

Chanyeols eyes grow forever wide at the growing smirk on Baekhyun's face.

------------------------------------------
Okay this was long as hell.

i did not proof read so lmao good luck