Are you drunk

My 22 Year-Old Middle Schooler

 

If Chanyeol were to construct a list of things he despised, it would look something like this:

Baekhyun
Baekhyun
Baekhyun
And Baekhyun

Chanyeol was well past the point of figuring him out.
For the most part, Baekhyun was creepy and had secret motives. Baekhyun could be plotting a murder against him.
Thinking about this problem named Baekhyun always makes him forget about others things. And he doesn't like that feeling at all.
Now that Baekhyun is sitting beside Chanyeol in piano class and a week has passed, he can't help but notice these small little things about him. Weather it be his behaviour or his features.
Maybe this is Chanyeols way of figuring out why the hell he had kissed him in the first place, why Baekhyun was so special, and how drunk had he been.

He can't help but notice Baekhyun's unique slanted down eyes. His hair, that is much darker than Chanyeols who has black hair himself. Although at times Baekhyun's hair would look almost blue because it was so dark.
Chanyeol really hates how's he's going into detail about this so he mentally slaps himself.

While spending a full week with this turd, Chanyeol has yet to ask why he's sitting here and to keep true to Sehuns request.
Today when he walks into class, out of the corner of his eye he sees Baekhyun jumping dissmisvley up and down his chair.
From day one Chanyeol has tried to speak minimally to Baekhyun, but he finds himself talking to him anyways.

"What the are you doing?"
"Stretching." Baekhyun continues to shake his limbs.

"Why?"

"Been working longer at the bar." Baekhyun begins to lift his arms creating tension and then realeasing.

"You still work there?" Chanyeol sound disappointed because that means he'll have to avoid Baekhyun at the bar. Quite recently Chanyeol has been craving alcohol from the outside. To his dissipointment there is exactly one Bar in this town that is not a gay bar. Chanyeol knows that one day he'll subconsciously walk himself over there in the name of alcohol.
"Yeah." Baekhyun answers in between a loud yawn.
Chanyeol wasn't going to lie (although he really wants to) but Baekhyun did look awfully tired. Despite his clear skin, visible dark circles were growing in. For once Chanyeol was curious about Baekhyun's personal life (as creepy as it sounded). There was just something about him. Chanyeol felt like he just needed to get to know him more. Did he live alone? He probably did since he had his own job. Or maybe he was one of those students who had to support their family.
To Chanyeol, things like financial problems and family were never really problems. It was sad because he had no empathy for those who did, but rather envied them.

Believe it or not Chanyeols parents were filthy rich. Okay, maybe that was a little cliché. But it's not like Chanyeol enjoyed it. The money only pulled his family farther apart. In the end Chanyeol ended up taking a million it two while he ran away. Later on realizing 2 million was a little more than excepted so he kept it in a bank account Chanyeol had yet to open.
He never really understood how is parents were rich, much less what their jobs were. He find it weird, but probably wouldn't have cared because in the real world money is money.

"For gods sakes Purk Chunyul when will you sit down?"
The teacher scolds from behind his desk. His suken, tired, familiar features screamed, I will chop your hands off park if you don't sit the down.
Chanyeol sighs and takes his seat next to Baekhyun.

In one word the class was boring as hell. Okay not one word. Chanyeol found him self remembering what Sehun had said a while ago. So decided to keep his promise and ask Beakhyun who that dancer was to him. The only problem was, there was no possible way he could bring the topic up with out sounded creepy as .

By then Chanyeol had already started to talk to Baekhyun while the teacher wrote notes on the board.

"Why do you even sit here?" Chanyeol asked. He couldn't tell if his tone of voice was rude or not, but he was sure Baekhyun could care less.

"Haha, you're funny if you think I wanted to sit here." Baekhyun sticks his tongue out childishly.

God why can't he just go back to middle school.

"Then why?" Chanyeol asked impatiently.

"The teacher placed me here so you could help me with my "difficulties.""
Chanyeol wanted laugh because it was so ridiculous.

"I play no better than you." Chanyeol sounded confused.

Baekhyun smirks.

"It doesn't matter how you play, because I'm probably worse."

"True." Chanyeol agrees. It easy to agree that Baekhyun is stupid.

Only then does Chanyeol realize he's going nowhere with this conversation.

"You have a nickname you know, the prodigy." Chanyeol started again. He feels ing to someone he shouldn't, but he has no choice. On the left side of his brain there was something telling him to continue this conversation.

Baekhyun chuckles. It's weird because it doesn't sound as childish as before. More deep, even manly.

"Why are you here if you horrible at everything?"
Baekhyun raises his eye brow in response.

"What are you the press?" Baekhyun laughs. "And who told you I was horrible at everything?"
Chanyeol rolls his eyes.

"For your information." Baekhyun begins. "I can cook the best chocolate cake there is."

Chanyeol shrugs.
"You don't seem like the type of person to chase after grades."
Baekhyun nods in agreement. Almost to himself.

"Yeah, I don't know why I'm here either."

"And what about the other guy?"
Baekhyun turns his head to Chanyeol.

"What guy?"
Chanyeol wants to punch himself because the question was so out of the blue.

"The guy- at the l-library." Chanyeol knew he had made a huge mistake.

Baekhyun's eyes narrowed at that. Staring deep into Chanyeols dark eyes creeping him out. He was searching for something, something Chanyeol was afraid of.

"Oh so your not an oblivious druggie." Baekhyun smiles

"Hey-" Baekhyun begins to laugh at Chanyeols stupidity.

"Who do you think he is Chanyeol?" Baekhyun teased. Damn, why is he such a friken tease. Chanyeols nostrils flare and he feels his heart being hit by a metal rod. (In a bad way of course.)
The way Baekhyun asked who that guy was, could it be that he was- no why did Chanyeol care anyways. Baekhyun's a stupid idiot who doesn't know when to shut up.

Baekhyun laughter a finally subsided as he wiped a tear from his eye.

"He's my cousin." Baekhyun told him causally, stretching his arms.

Chanyeol couldn't really piece together. It wasn't everyday cousins made out.

"If he's- then why-"

"Half cousins." Baekhyun explained. "He's kind of er.... Obsessed with me." Baekhyun shrugged as if was nothing. Chanyeol felt the metal rod in his heart move in an out. Why did he feel this way?

Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a weird look that he didn't understand himself. But for some reason Baekhyun had an answer for it.

"He hits on everyone." He smirked in triumph.
Chanyeol pouted.

"S'not like I care anyways." Chanyeol turned away furiously.
----

Chanyeol did it. He felt stupid after wards but he he did it.

He doesn't know why.
Just like everything else that involves Byun Baekhyun.

He went to the bar.

The bar, unlike last time was quiet and he could only see the old drunk men with sunglasses from last time. Their hair was even more white and greasy if possible.


Today the bar smelled like crap, but Chanyeol was here for alcohol. Even though he hadn't drunk anything before he came here, the bar itself was making him drunk.

Yeah, Chanyeol was here for the alcohol, but also because he recently began to remember his parents. This was ironic because his dad would always drink. What his mom would do was nothing but a mystery.

Right now his thoughts were all jumbled and he couldn't think straight. He could hear the muffled sounds of the three old men talking within them selves, probably about Chanyeol.

Suddenly his drink was put on top of the table in front of him. It only took him a couple of seconds to notice that the drink wasn't what he ordered.
It was water.

"What the-"

He looked at the waiter and was surprised to see a middle aged man He looked lost, as if he didn't know what he was doing. His eyes showed no sign of emotion. It was lay. Chanyeol never knew Lay worked in a bar. 
Chanyeol narrowed his eyes.

"Are you ing drunk-"

"Lay! How many time do I have to tell you, that's water, not vodka."
Chanyeols heart stopped at the sound of the dissipointingly familiar voice.
The voice advanced shooing a confused Lay  away and telling him to get the right drink. But Chanyeol could care less about the drink now that he had heard the voice.
Chanyeol looked to floor.
.
His legs began to shake, his palms sweaty.

"Park Chanyeol the tables gonna break if you keep shaking your leg."

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and sneered.
"Well then I'll just pay for it."
Baekhyun laughs.

"So we meet again."

"We met yesterday."

"No,no. That's a different Park Chanyeol." Baekhyun move his feminine fingers childishly.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

"What are you talking about?"

Baekhyun tapped his chin.

"School Park Chanyeol is different from bar Chanyeol."
Baekhyun's lips suddenly pouted.
Chanyeols eyes twitched, as he tried to avert his attention.
Why was Baekhyun acting so damn weird.

"Park Chanyeol have you ever thought about naming a park Chanyeol so that everyone could say you full name? Or maybe a parking lot Chanyeol? Or a car called park Chanyeol..." Baekhyun voice wavered.

"You're drunk." Chanyeol concluded.
Baekhyun laughed at that and slapped Chanyeols chest in appreciation of the apparent joke he had made.

"You can't get drunk with alcohol silly!!"

Chanyeol immediately began to walk out of the bar.

"Where are you going?" He could hear Baekhyun say. Chanyeol ignored him. After Baekhyun had not said anything, Chanyeol turned around one last time.
Baekhyun had made himself at home on Chanyeols seat. He looked to be playing with the straws attempting to shove them on his mouth.
On the far left he could see the snickering old men averting their hungry eyes over to Baekhyun.
Chanyeol froze when one of the men stood and began to run his dirty fingers through Baekhyun's hair.

Chanyeol turned his head and closed his eyes tightly cursing under his breath.

"BAEKHYUN." His voice boomed while his body was still facing the exit.

"Let's go home."

"Home? You-"

"Just come here." Chanyeol said through gritted teeth.

There was silence as Baekhyun ran like a small kid towards Chanyeol. He had a freakish grin on his face.

When they walked out the door Chanyeol immediately regretted why he had just done.
He doesn't want Baekhyun with him, at the same time he has no choice.
And then he realizes what situation he is in.

He is alone with Baekhyun.
Baekhyun is drunk.
He doesn't know where Baekhyun lives. And if he asks, Baekhyun would respond by saying "in a house."
Chanyeol isn't heartless.
And he ing hates it.

 

 

.