Grape juice

My 22 Year-Old Middle Schooler

 

Chanyeol still thinks that Baekhyun resembles a small child. His behaviour also adds on to it. So Chanyeol can't help but call him a small child all the time. 
They have been walking for well over an an hour and he would be lying if he said they weren't a little late. He wants to blame Baekhyun, but he really can't because Chanyeol really did despise walking alone.
Baekhyun was helping him. 

"Are you going to start the piano assiengment?" Chanyeol asks. He decided to create small talk. Since this was the one time Baekhyun was being nice to him maybe he should get to know him more. And quite honestly Chanyeol knows jack- about Baekhyun. He feels sorta guilty. He begs to differ that this guy is his childhood enemy that he kissed once before because right now there are talking to each other like it's so normal. 
But the kiss happened so long ago he realizes. He almost.... 

"No way." Baekhyun laughs. Chanyeol shakes his head because he didn't know where his thoughts was going. 

"Your so reckless, at least do your homework so you get kicked out." 

"Would you  care if I got kicked out?"

"Well I- not that I really-." 

"Maybe I should sometime..." 

"No!" Chanyeol covers his mouth because his no was just so loud right then. Baekhyun looks at him with wide eyes. 

"Are me and Park Chanyeol friends?" Baekhyun wriggles his eyebrows suggestively. 
No. 
We're not friends. 

"God, your so short." Chanyeol looks away. 

"Hey! My mom said short looks good on me!" Baekhyun wines. 
There he goes again with the mom thing.
Always making Chanyeol remember his own mom. 

"Your doing that again." Baekhyun tells him. 
Chanyeol stares at him.
"What?" 

"Your doing that think where you look at the ground." Baekhyun nods his head thoughtfully. Chanyeol is surprised that Baekhyun takes such careful notice to what Chanyeol does all the time. But Chanyeol doesn't respond to The smaller. Baekhyun looks at him for the longest time.

"Is it because -" 

"Hey Baekhyun are you ever going to tell me what you meant by food when you asked me for something in return." Chanyeol changed to the subject quickly. Only later he realized it wasn't such a good idea since Baekhyun was giving him wary confused looks later on. It didn't matter because anything was better than talking about his parents. 
Out of all the questions he could ask Baekhyun he asked him one that would probably make Baekhyun try to remember.
Somehow Chanyeol had remembered this clearly. It was the first time him and Baekhyun had conversed without being completely drunk. Unfortunately it wasn't a simple "how are you"or "hey" but a deal. A bargain. A "what's in it for me." And despite this conversation that derived no meaning he seemed to remember it crystal clear. 
The same probably went for Baekhyun because he remembered right away.

"Like I said it's a secret."
Chanyeol groaned. Another secret, 

"Will I be able to pay for it?" 

"Of course, don't worry."

"Your so childish." Chanyeol rolls his eyes.

"We're  here!" Baekhyun exclaims. He claps his hands together like a four year old.
By the time there walking in people are already giving looks. Before coming here Chanyeol has promised himself that he will not drink even a drop of alcohol even if it's killing him.  Kyungsoo will literally hate him if he does. He realizes what scenario he is in, because this is extremely beneficial for Baekhyun who lives off 
this kind of entertainment. 

As he walks inside the house that is booming with weird, lame pop music he sees bottles and red cups alike all waiting for him. He feels like a vampire that has been put into a room with bottles and bottles of blood.

"Don't temp me." He mutters under his breath specifically to Baekhyun. 
He can hear a far away laugh from Baekhyun, who is still beside him. 

Chanyeol doesn't know what to do so he smiles instead. It's a weird sort of smile. Maybe it's weird because he's never smiled like this before. 
He follows Baekhyun everywhere because he looks like a natural. They finally  come to a stop as they meet up with another boy who also looks young for his age but is a little taller than Baekhyun. As Chanyeol walks closer he noticed the man has the features of a girl. Sparkling diamond eyes, and red lips. Chanyeol finds him self staring, because he looks so unreal. When the girl-boy's gaze catches Baekhyun his eyes widen and Baekhyun is already running away. He looks worried. 

Unfortunately the girl- boy has grabbed Baekhyun by the arm. Before Chanyeol can process anything the girl- boy spins Baekhyun around and makes their lips crash together like it's the most NORMAL THING IN THE WHOLE ING WORLD. 
Chanyeol can only gape at them. 
What THE HELL- 

The start making full out at this point, and Chanyeol can feel his chest do these weird gymnastic move. He doesn't know what to do because it seems like they know each other. Maybe it's normal for then but not for Chanyeol. Seeing Baekhyun doing that with that guy- 

"OMG I missed you so much Baeki!!" The other man sputters as their lips part. 
Baekhyun gives him a sorry smile as he glances toward Chanyeol who is steaming at the moment. He hands are in fists and he wants to punch a near by object. The worst part is he doesn't know why. Why does Baekhyun do this to him. 

"Uh, nice to see you too Luhan. Listen, I have to go my friend is calling me over there." Baekhyun points towards nothing and is already walking in the other direction, with angry Chanyeol trailing behind. 

"How many people do  kiss you in a day?" Chanyeol asks. He is trying to hide his hurt voice inside. 
Why he is hurt? There not dating. They don't like each other. Maybe it's kissing only. Maybe he can't stand that someone has kissed Baekhyun the way he did. It brings back unwanted memories. Are they really unwanted now that he thinks about it so much. 

"Not much actually. Do you want me to count you?" Baekhyun suggests. 
Chanyeol has to hiss to make Baekhyun shut up.

"Remember the deal." Chanyeol says through gritted teeth. 

"Mhmm right. What if it happened again?" 

"What do you mean-"

"What if we happened to kiss again." 

"It would never happen..." Chanyeol try's to not make his voice crack just now. It's hard because it almost sounds as if he wasn't so sure. 
Baekhyun only laughs as he runs like a child to Sehun. 

"Oh hey guys!" Sehun says relieved. 
"Have you seen Kyungsoo?" 

They both shake their heads. Kyungsoo probably couldn't take it anymore. He did seem mad anyways. 

"Oh well looks like I don't have to confess!" Sehun exclaims. 
The music is so loud Chanyeol can barely hear him. By then the whole environment has taken in. Everything is just so overwhelming. Plus the stench of alcohol is too much. 

"I need to go to the washroom." Chanyeol tells the both of them. 

"Are you ok?" Sehun asks. Chanyeol nods as he glances at Baekhyun who is busy chatting it up with some guy. 

"Yeah." 


The washroom is gross, but he doesn't care. He just stares at the mirror in silence. He's probably going to wait out the whole party in here until he falls asleep. No one would find him. No one would care.
Baekhyun would be long gone by then. No wonder- 

His phone suddenly vibrates and he wonder who could be texting him at a time like this. 

It read: 

Private number: 
" Wanna go on an adventure?"
11:35pm 

Chanyeol doesn't really want to go on an adventure but this phrase looks familiar. He types back for the fun of it.

"What type of adventure." 

A minute later a text comes back. 
"Go to school by midnight, you're  in for a treat." 

Chanyeol only stares at the text and thinks of how this is like every other horror movie. The only thing left is if he's that stupid character that will obey this text he can clearly ignore. 
Then he remembers the party. How boring it is. And he makes an unusual choice. 
------

The school halls are quiet. And he never thought in a billion years he would be in school at 12:00 at night. 
The lights in the school are half on. Some are illuminated quite brightly while others are dimly lit. It makes the ground look glossy. 

He really honestly wonders what he's doing now. He's going no where  and he just wanted to escape the stupid college party. 
He thinks about how stupid he is and how many other people would just ignore the text. Then theirs Baekhyun who would gladly accept the text. And maybe he's behind this all, but it all seems just a little too smart and thought through. 

He had already made it near the end of the hall where the janitors closet is. No one is in sight, but he feels something. 
Ever so often a shadow is cast over him. It's scary as hell, but he likes the adrenaline. 
He knows he's not supposed to be here at 12:00 but everything just seems so intriguing. With out realizing it dawned on to Chanyeol that maybe he had consumed alcohol before he even went to the party. 

Before Chanyeol can even process another thought  a large hand covers his mouth and he is in the darkness of the janitors closet. 

First theirs darkness and a smooth palm that covers his now screaming mouth. 

"SHhhh" the person try's to calm him down. After the hundredth shh, Chanyeol complies and breaths on the hand. 

When Chanyeol has fully calmed down he turns to face the person who had been strangling him. 

"Who are-" 

"It's me, Baekhyun." 

"AHA!" Chanyeol shouts in triumph. "I knew you were behind this all!" Pointing an accusing finger at the shorter one. 
The closet is not that  large. Probably the size of a washroom without the bath tub and counters. Instead their are mops and buckets, as well as small stools. 

"Behind what?" Baekhyun genuinely sounds confused. "Oh you got the text too?" 
Chanyeol gapes at him. Of course  Bakehyun couldn't have done this. 

"You got it too?" Chanyeol says in disbelief. 

"Yeah. You're probably here cause your drunk... Me I wanted entertainment. We were trolled though." Baekhyun sighs in disappointment as if that's his number one problem. 

"I'm not drunk!" Chanyeol says drunkly. "Now let me outa here!" 

"The doors to the exit are all locked, and I'm 100% sure someone's following us. If you were to escape, it would be incredibly dark and you'd be alone." Baekhyun is such a ing tease. 

"I hate you." Chanyeol says. 

"I got that in the first few months. But you know, hate never stays hate for long." 

"What am I some psychology project?" Chanyeol says with a lisp. 
Baekhyun laughs at the ceiling. 

"That's right Park Chanyeol, your my lab rat."  
Baekhyun begins to make himself at home on a near by stool. He even has the nerve to reach under it and open a small box that contains an assortment of juice boxes. The smaller lifts his head to look at Chanyeol who is dumbfounded. 

Baekhyun smiles. 
"My secret stash." He winks. 
Ew he winked. 

"Do you normally come here?" Chanyeol asks taking a seat opposite of Baekhyun. He opens his juice box so fast Chanyeol can barely see it. 

"Yeah. When I get kicked out of classes." Baekhyun shrugs, taking a sip from his juice box. Baekhyun's eyes catch Chanyeol gaze and for a second the taller can't look away a the mesmerizing look. He fails to catch the juice box that lands on his lap. 
"Here." Baekhyun nods to the juice box. It's a grape one just like Baekhyun's. 

"Is this a substitute for alcohol?" Chanyeol guesses. 

"Yeah, it'll help you. Although you probably need it more than I do." Baekhyun chuckles. 

"Hey it's not my fault I drink a lot." Chanyeol pouts opening the juice box. 

"Then who's fault is it?"

My parents. Chanyeol wants to say. Instead he looks to the ground. 

"There's that look again." Baekhyun says. And he's right. "Family problems." 

"WHA-"

"You don't have to lie so much." Baekhyun says finishing up his juice box. 

"Don't act all wise. I'm-" 

"I'm older." Baekhyun correct him. Chanyeol scowls. How childish of him. "So is it both your parents? You're mom?" 

"None of you business why do you care?" Chanyeol crosses his arms. But he is torn in between telling Baekhyun. For 5 years he's been hiding this. Telling someone would be better. What better person to tell than a real life human secret. 

"Because I like you." Baekhyun says simply. 
Chanyeol, who is still sipping his juice almost chokes. He thanks the darkness for once because his face is a little too red. 
Was that a confession? Either way he has no words to say to him. 

"Well I -" 

"You have a boyfriend." 
No that's not what I was going to say. Chanyeol thinks. 

"Why do you like me?" Chanyeol asks. Because honestly he wants to know why mischievous Baekhyun would ever have a thing for boundary Chanyeol. 

"You're interesting." Baekhyun shrugs. 

"Oh wow." Chanyeol says sarcastically. 

"Now tell me why you like me." 
Baekhyun is playing a game now. 

Chanyeol stares at him.

"I don't even-" 
Baekhyun Abruptly stands from his chair. "Oh come there has to to be something you like about me." 
He begins to advance closer and closer. 
"Something about my personality? My appearance?" He is already at Chanyeols stool and their noses are almost against each other. 
Baekhyun crouches staring into Chanyeols eyes for who knows how long. Chanyeol doesn't want to admit it but Baekhyun's eyes are so beautiful. The way they slant down and everything just fits so well- 

Before he can compliment him anymore Baekhyun has pulled away from Chanyeol. Chanyeol feels like a been stabbed. 

"Yeah, you don't like me at all do you. I mean it's okay, I don't have many-" 
Baekhyun's words are stopped when Chanyeol grabs the smaller'a vulnerable wrist and brings their faces so that their lips could touch. 
Baekhyun's lips taste like grapes and it makes kissing him even more better than before. 
At first Baekhyun is a little surprise but he soon follows Chanyeols hungry rhythm.  Has Chanyeol been waiting for this? How perfect is this? Them alone in one room. 
It feels set up.  

But he continue to kiss him. And it's so ironic to Chanyeol because no matter how many times he will blame  Baekhyun, he is always stuck because he is always the one to initiate a kiss. It's never Baekhyun. 
It's Chanyeol. 

When they take a breath, they just go back to where they left off. Until Chanyeol cannot take in the embarrassment so he sit on his stool back turned, head in hands. 

What will Kyungsoo think? 
Why does he always end up doing this.

Does he even like Kyungsoo? 

He can hear Baekhyun's triumphant laugh in the background that seems to seep through Chanyeols thoughts. 

Baekhyun is stuck with him.