Drama

My 22 Year-Old Middle Schooler

 

"Baekhyun-ah!" Says an alarmingly familiar voice. Instantly Baekhyun panicks and like always he kicks Chanyeol under the table.

The taller gives him a look, and then forwards his gaze to where Baekhyun is looking. They both see a boy who looks 10 but is actually 24. Who looks like a girl who is actually a boy. Who is coming this way and suddenly the whole seems to freeze in order for Chanyeol and Baekhyun to make eye contact.
Run they both say to them selves.

Run.
Run.

Before Baekhyun or Chanyeol can flee from their seats Luhan has made his way in front of them.

"Baekhyun-ah! It's been so long!" Luhan jumped on Baekhyun giving him a slobbering hug. Sehun looked like he wanted to throw something.

"We saw each other yesterday Lu." Baekhyun reminds him. The smaller is desperately trying to push Luhan away.
Luhan comes back into reality when he realizes Baekhyun is not the only one sitting at the table.

"Oh hi everyone!! Nice to meet you! I'm Luhan, Baekhyun has probably never talked about me, but we're childhood friends!" Chanyeol just stares at him, wondering how to hell Baekhyun could ever be this guys friend.

"Childhood friend... That means you know Chanyeol." Kyungsoo asks. It's weird because he sounds like a detective. He points at Chanyeol who has suddenly found his sandwich more interesting.
Luhan's face is full of confusion.
"... Chanyeol? Hmmm.... I don't think I've-"

"I never tell anyone about Chanyeol." It's not worth it." Baekhyun interrupts.

"Hey!" Chanyeol protests.

Luhan's gaze shifts towards Chanyeol.

"The only time I've seen him is at the party, yesterday." Luhan points out.
"He looked really grumpy and angry."

"I was not grumpy and angry." Chanyeol folds his arms, eye brows low and dangerous.

"Look he's grump and angry agian."
Luhan takes note of. He taps his chin looking throughout the table.

"Come to think of it, you were all at the party." Luhan eyes Sehun carefully. Its no noticeable but his cheeks become slightly red.

"Sorry about your clothes. " Luhan bows.

Chanyeol eyes the two carefully, as does Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

His clothes?
Sehuns clothes?
What more were they doing at the party?

"Oh no! It's okay!" Sehun protests. His cheeks becoming even more red than Luhan.
Judging from their expressions it was obvious something happened last night.

Just as Chanyeol is about to ask, the bells rings and they are forced to proceed to classes.

"Wait, Luhan what are you doing here anyways." Baekhyun asks.

"Well, ever since I knew you were here I decided to audition." Luhan says cheerfully.
"I can be with you forever."

That same phrase makes way into Chanyeols head, repeating itself.

"Chanyeol." Kyungsoo says quitley.
Just as everyone leaving to class. He is staring at the ground looking a little nervous.

"Yeah?"

"I need to talk to you remember?"

"Oh okay." Chanyeol nods,following Kyungsoo to the locker rooms.
As they walk in the only sound that can be heard is of running taps and echoes their steps make.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Chanyeol says taking a seat.

"About us." Kyungsoo throws at him.

"...About us...?" Chanyeols armpits feels more moist that usual.
He is sweating hard now. Kyungsoo's serious tone doesn't help either. What could he mean?

"Yeah. Listen, I don't want to waste you time. So I'm just going to come clear."
Chanyeols heart bto beat. Is Kyubgsoo angry? Has he found out about Chanyeols dirty secrets? Will he not let him talk to Baekhyun?
Chanyeol can't stand it. He's been so frustrated about Kyungsoo for the past 3 weeks.

"We're not working."


Silence.


"What."


"This is not working." He repeats.


More silence. Occasional short cut breaths from Chanyeol.

 

What. He thinks.


"I don't get it-"


"It's done Chanyeol. We both know this is not working. So let's just live our lives normally. Let's just be friends. Let's... Let's break up."

What.

"I don't understand. All of a sudden?" Chanyeol is surprised that any words can come out of his idiotic mouth. He so stupid. I'm so stupid he keeps thinking to him self.
So stupid.

With out a word Kyungsoo gives him one last tearful look and runs out of the room, wind whipping past Chanyeol like a bulldozer.

What just happened.
What just happened.


Just like that Chanyeol sweeps himself off his feet and opens to the door to the janitors closet. Laying on the floor, all he does is cry his eyes out. Because what can he even do now. The tears are weird and heartless. Just like Chanyeol. As many times as Chanyeol try's to stop it, he thinks of how much he reminds himself of his dad.
Selfish. A liar. A rich bastard. Someone who can only drink.

He wants to punch everything.
Everything.

That's when the door opens. He Abdruptly lifts his body. Staring at the surprised figure at the door.
He is surprised because Chanyeol is in tears. He's broken down in front of Baekhyun. It's takes him a whole to understand why Baekhyun is here. Then he remembers that he comes here when he gets kicked out from a class.,His anger levels only rise from there. It feels like his whole soul has been out of his body. As if it were flying far away.

"What's gotten into you?" Baekhyun closes the door behind them.
Chanyeol just stares at Baekhyun.
The taller makes the decision of telling him everything. Just so Baekhyun can understand. Understand how he feels.
Because it's his fault.
Chanyeols father had taken control over him,'alcohol or not.

It's all Baekhyun's fault.

"He broke up with me." Chanyeols sour words escape his mouth. He slowly stands to meet Baekhyun face to face. He doesn't flinch once.

"Who? Kyungsoo? Nice lie." Baekhyun says attempting to move away from Chanyeol. However Chanyeol doesn't let that happen. He continues to plant Baekhyun in one spot.

"Move outta my way!" The smaller try's to push him away.
Chanyeol is much stronger.'much taller. His fathers' mind has taken total control over him. He can use this to his advantage.
It's now that Baekhyun realizes their is something seriously wrong with Chanyeol. That Chanyeol is telling the truth. His eyes are blood shot and droopy.

"Did he actually..." Baekhyun's eyes widen. "I-I'm sorry."
Chanyeol pauses for a while. Thinking about the word that has just escaped Baekhyun's lips. How alien it seems.
He feels a heat of anger rise from his chest.

"Sorry doesn't cut it." He speaks
sourly. It's almost like Chanyeol has become a different person.

"Are you seriously accusing me for this?" Baekhyun stares at him in disbelief. "I know you hate me, and I may be an , but I'm not that kind of person."

"Really Baekhyun, what kind of person are you? For all I know you could have run to Kyungsoo and told him everything! Why can't you leave me alone! Why can't you get out of my life!" Chanyeol finds himself raising his voice a little loud. The last words hang in the air.

Baekhyun's expression looks hurt.
"I didn't tell Kyungsoo anything! Maybe he broke up with you because he doesn't like you at all! Maybe he found out you're a drunk yard who is addicted to alcohol! Maybe you never loved him!" Baekhyun snaps.

Chanyeol speechless. How can he say such things and make then escape his mouth so easily. Baekhyun's a liar. He remembers thinking. A fat liar.

"Why do you act like you know everything about me? I did love him!"

"Then why is it that you never once talked to him in one week? Why is it that you always end up acting like he doesn't care like he doesn't feel anything! Why is it that you always end up kissing me instead of him? Answer those questions and maybe I'll understand."

Silence fills the small room. Baekhyun's words hang in the air like smoke. The smoke fills Chanyeols lungs. Chanyeols fists are clenches so tight he can feel his palms being to turn numb. He can't say anything.

"I thought so."

Right then, Chanyeol doesn't know what's going through his head because the next moment he shoves Baekhyun to the ground, maybe a little harder than he should, considering the size difference.
At the action he has just committed he can only stand in one place, in complete shock. Helpless. Feeling like complete crap.
He looks at Baekhyun's expression which looks dangerous. At the same time it's filled with complete hatred. He clutches his elbow ever so slightly from the impact.
Chanyeol feels guilty, he does but he has no words to tell Baekhyun this.

Slowly Baekhyun rises, and begins to exit the room without a word.

"Baekhyun wait I didn't-"

When Baekhyun's turns, he tells him one last thing that still sends shivers through Chanyeols body.

"I'll just get out of you life then." He says bitterly.
The door slams shut, with such force it might have broken. Only it didn't. The only thing broken is Chanyeol. What has he done.
He's gotten what he's wanted. Nothing.

He is alone.

 


And the room becomes drastically darker.

------------------------------
Authors note:
Yeah that's right this is not all fun and games.