PART I: Pranks and Plans

My 22 Year-Old Middle Schooler

As you may know the kaisoo story was never told therefore, I must tell it. let us go back in time when kaisoo met. 

--------------------------------------

Kyungsoo slumps in the cafeteria bench a little moody than usual, and it's all due to a certain someone he had met In the halls. It not like Kyungsoo to get worked over a guy, especially since he has a boyfriend. 

But he can't get him out of his mind. 

Kim Jongin. 
That same name had been circling thorough his head at least 1000 times and it won't stop. He's afraid that his mood will show through and Chanyeol will find out that something is wrong. Kyungsoo only hopes that the Baekhyun boy can keep his boyfriend company until Kyungsoo figures out just what he's feeling. 

This feeling that's inside of him every time he sees Kai, is so alien, so... He struggles  to find English words to describe it. 

He predicts it started way back when Sehun had talked about his lover. The day he had walked through the cafeteria doors, and yeah he looked cocky, definitely not Kyungsoo's  type, but there was something there. Despite his dark almond skin he was looked like the lightest light bulb Kyungsoo had laid eyes on. He looked like an advertisement that was directly targeted towards Kyungsoo. And it was working. 
It was working dammit. 
Chanyeol doesn't deserve me he constantly thought. 
Sometimes he thought he could forget about it. Sometimes it worked. In the end everything completely backfired when he met Kim Jongin In the halls for the first time. 

Kyungsoo had just finished his lunch and was making his way through the now empty hallway. He thought he was alone when a lean, muscular figure suddenly stepped in front of him. At first, he jumped back in surprise when Kai pinned him up against a wall. 
The close proximity made Kyungsoo flush all-round. The words that came out of Kai's mouth made Kyungsoo want to punch him. 

"Where can I find the washroom?" 

Really!? That idiot has the nerve to pin him against the wall about to kiss him and he asks where the washroom is!? 
What a stupid LiTTE-

"Hey, you're Baekhyun's little friend right?" Kai plasters an amused face. Kyungsoo can't be anymore angry 
he doesn't understand why though. 

"Baekhyun's little friend huh?" Kyungsoo laughs manically.
"Is everyone else nothing to you? Do you only see Baekhyun? How shallow." Kyungsoo doesn't understand how such words can even escape his mouth. 

"Wow, chill man." Kai laughs. "Baek has some sensitive friends, damn." 

Kyungsoo glares at him one more time and pushes him off,  dusting his shoulders. 
"Well you're  one of them." Kyungsoo spits. 

He begins to walk away, and just as he thinks everything done and over with he hear Kai call him again.

"Hey wait!" He runs towards him. 
Kyungsoo turns around surprised. Is going to apologize? Is that ert apologizing? Kyungsoo may just take a chance. 

"Aren't you going to tell me where the washroom is?" He smiles impishly. 

Kyungsoo's angers levels rise again. 
And just as he's about to say something Kai interrupts him. 

"Okay, okay, I'll leave you alone." He begins to laugh and run away. 

So he didn't need to go to the washroom. 
Kyungsoo cracks a small, hidden smile.

-----

Now a days Kyungsoo counts how many times he has met Kai. For un known reasons. 

When he sits at the cafeteria table, alone he thinks about Kai a little too much. He tries to not act distant when Chanyeol says hey.

"Hey Kyung how've you been?" 

Honestly he doesn't know how to respond because he realizes it's been awhile since he's had any contact with Chanyeol. He really starts to wonder if they look like a couple at all. 

Thinking of couples made him instantly think of Kai, and he almost groans but he stops himself. Why in the HELL would he think of KAI what the- 

"Just tired" he replies. He's not lying though. He's not sleep tired, he's Kai tired. Kai is making him tired. But why? What is this feeling? 

"Chanyeol, the homework." Baekhyun suddenly pipes up. 
It's taken awhile for Kyungsoo to process that he's sitting at the table.

 He's not jealous he constantly tells himself. The sad thing is. He's not jealous. Not even a tiny bit. Their touchy, close relationship doesn't make him angry or jealous. That's when he realized something is definitely wrong. 

He is not jealous of his own boyfriend. 
He admits it deep down from within that Baekhyun and Chanyeol actually.... Kinda..... Look good together. 
As a couple. He can't help but feel all giddy when they sit together. Feel like a mom who is having a grandson. It's a weird feeling. 
So damn weird. 
While his eyes  shift back and forth between them he sees a smiling Baekhyun copying down Chanyeols homework. When Kyungsoo glances at Chanyeol he notices the ever so alien smile he has while literally staring at Baekhyun. Like a couple. 

They look like a real couple. 

And Kyungsoo doesn't mind. And he could just stare at them all day until he hears an alarmingly loud voice. 

"OKAY GUYS I NEED YOU ALL WITH ME AFTER SCHOOL!!!" Sehun practically screams. Everyone at the table except Baekhyun jumps a little in their seats. Kyungsoo's anger levels only proceed to heighten.

"What the Sehun!"  Kyungsoo snaps. It's not even because he's angry at Sehun, he's just been so stressed lately. With Kai and all. He doesn't dare tell that to anyone. 

Sehun scowls rudely and continues. 
"I'm gonna need you all the come to a party." 

Kyungsoo blinks a few times before he lets that sink in.

"What!" Both Chanyeol and him say at the exact same time. He doesn't know if he should feel awkward but Baekhyun's voice interrupts his train of thought. 

"Sure." And for once Kyungsoo may just be jealous of something. Not Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Maybe not even jealousy but envy. 
He envies  Baekhyun's nonchalance. His humorous ways, his personality. And just when he starts thinking too much he realizes that Kai could just chase after Baekhyun. To be his boyfriend. It makes him feel... Insecure. 
That Baekhyun, this attractive, single man might just end up with his precious Kai. BUT WAIT, did KYUNGSOO just call KAI his precious what THE ACTUal . 

NO wayz. Hell no. 


Before Kyungsoo can even deny anything he's already falling for Kim Jongin. 

"Thanks." Sehun thanks Baekhyun. But turns to the others. "But guys I need 3 people." 

"No way-" both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol start. 

Sehun looks up with probably the most guilty look on his face. 

"Well you see I didn't really get invited to the party, I kinda er- begged them." Sehun impishly smiles. "But anyways they said they would let me go if I had 3 friends!" Sehun claps his hands together. 

Kyungsoo internally groans and has no real intention of attending until Baekhyun speaks up again.

"Is my cousin gonna be there?" 

Kyungsoo heart almost freezes and he hasn't even mentioned his name. Of course Sehun would only go to these extremes only for Kai. It makes Kyungsoo angry. He believes this is called jealousy, something he can't feel towards Chanyeol an only Kai.
Something is definitely wrong. 


Something is not right, he should not be feeling like this. Everything feels so wrong. 


And he's going to fix it. 

 

--------

The only reason Kyungsoo agreed to go that party with Sehun us for a completely different reason. 
Not only was Kyungsoo on a cliff of jealously but he was so angry he decided to do something about it. That is, jealousy between Jongin and Sehun. In the midst of his bad mood he's decided to settle another obstacle. Which is Baekhyun and Chanyeol. 
So he does what is supposed to be done in this type of situation. 

He's decided to set Chanyeol and Baekhyun up. 

If you were to ask Kyungsoo what the actual was wrong with him he wouldn't be able to answer. 
And maybe that's what it's like to be in love with Kim Jongin.

 Kyungsoo's not the type  to deny or hold off something like Chanyeol does. He knows when he's in love with someone, he will do everything in his power to get that one person. 
Yeah, he may sound creepy and possessive, but it worked on Chanyeol, so It could work now. 

As soon as he arrived at the house, which was playing loud obnoxious music, Kyungsoo made sure not to be seen while making a very important text to Chanyeol. Only not on his own phone. A private number. 

"Wanna go on an adventure?" 
He typed in. 
Soon he realized how lame that sounded but he really couldn't think of anything else. 

He wasn't excepting an answer but he got one anyways. 
"What type of adventure." 

A minute later Kyungsoo responds carefully. 
"Go to school by midnight, you're  in for a treat." 

He texts the same message to Baekhyun, who responds  In the EXACT same way. 

Despite Chanyeol and Baekhyun's quarrels they are similar in so many ways, but they can't admit it. 
Letting out a shaky breath he stuffs his the phone in his pocket and enters the party house. Thinking about how difficult it's going to be I make sure these two fall in love.  To the corner he spots Sehun. 

"I'm here." Kyungsoo says  like he's uninterested in everything around him. When in fact, he is. 

Looking at Sehun reminded him of the excuse to come here in the first place. Because Sehun is terribly in love with Kai, Kyungsoo suggested he ask him out. In this situation, Kyungsoo should disagree, be angry. Instead he was curious. Plus would Kai even accept Sehun? No.
He'd make a huge fool of himself. 

"I can't ask him out now, he's not here." Sehun says triumphantly. 
It takes ever little bone in Kyungsoo not to run out of the house and start looking for Kai. He basically came here for Kai, and now that he had no purpose he might as well just leave. 

At this point he's angry that he got dragged into this. 


"You sound like you don't like him." Kyungsoo rudely comments. 

"I do too!" Sehun protests.

Kyungsoo only rolls his eyes displaying his absolute disgust at Sehun the stalker. Plus he is becoming impatient. He needs to in some way find out if his plan is working. If Baekhyun and Chanyeol have met at school. 


"What gotten into you?" Sehun eyes him carefully. 

"None of your business." He taps his feet impatiently. 

"Why aren't you with Chanyeol?" 

Kyungsoo blinks, not really sure how to answer. It's true, they are, or in Kyungsoo's head used to be a couple. They don't even seem to hang out often. 

"We haven't been hanging out a lot. He... really seems to like his... Childhood friend." Kyungsoo is happy with his answer, and if his plan were to work, then he might just be right about Baekhyun and Chanyeol. 

Sehun laughs manically. 

"I smell jealousy." 
As if on reflex Kyungsoo whacks  him behind his head. Because he's not jealous and he hates when he's proven wrong. He wants to scream at the top of his lungs and say the only person Kyungsoo is jealous of is Sehun himself. 

"No." He says sternly. 

"Then what?" 
Sehun teases.   

Kyungsoo folds his arms angrily. He can't stand here any longer. He can't waste time. He begs to differ why Baekhyun and Chanyeol had to hide their invitable feelings for eachother. Why can't they just get to together. It was an evil thought, but those two were just so difficult, Kyungsoo didn't have faith in his plan. 

"There just... difficult."

"What the is that supposed to mean?" 

"Nothing." 

"Speaking of them, where are they?"  Sehun put an extra something in his voice in order to tease Kyungsoo. 
Kyungsoo instantly became nervous and sweaty. 

He can't blame Sehun after all Baekhyun and Chanyeol are obvious as hell. 

"Does it matter? I trust Chanyeol." He try's to shoo Sehun away. 

"But what if-" Sehun starts but Kyungsoo has already run out the door. 

-------
He glances at his watch ever so often, waiting for midnight. That's exactly when he told Baekhyun and Chanyeol to meet. Right now he's making his way over their. At the same time he's doubting weather or not this will actually work. 
It's dark in the halls and he doesn't hear any sounds except frequent sounds from the crappy ventilation. 

He places his hands in his pockets as he strolls along the glossy tiled floors, keeping down as much as possible. When he looks ahead he finds the floors are even more glossy than usual. 

All of sudden he hears a sound and his heart jumps a little. It sounds like something is rattling against something else. At that moment he wants to make a run for it, but an eager hand closes his mouth for him and leads him to hide behind a vending machine.

It's at this moment that Kyungsoo freaks out and flails. When he can see the body that's holding him down he can't feel his heart anymore. 

Kim Jongin holds a mischievous finger to his lips to shush him, gesturing towards the man who Is making his way down the hall. 

From afar, Kyungsoo can't tell who it is, but he can make out a mop, and a bucket along with it. The unknown man trudges along the hall way until he falls right on his . 
That's when Kyungsoo realizes why the floors has been abnormally glossy. 

Behind him, he hears muffled laughs from Kai who can't seem to keep it down. Kyungsoo's heart is racing because  he realizes how close they are and he might just punch him but something stops him. 
Laughing Kim Jongin is so pleasant. 

In fact laughing Kim Jongin has the most wonderful eye smile Kyungsoo has ever layed his eyes upon. And despite the darkness the school gives off, Jongin can only glow. 

Its when the janitor finally leaves that Kyungsoo catches him self staring at Kai for too long. When Kai looks at him In the eye they stay there for who knows how long. 

Kyungsoo pulls away awkwardly because he realizes he's still in Kai's arms. 
Kai coughs trying to clear up the tension. 


"....um.. So what brings you here?" Kyungsoo asks quietly. His gaze is towards the ground but he can feel Kai's eyes on him like daggers. 

"I should be asking you that." Kai snorts. "But since you asked, I was trying to prank my good friend Lay." 

Actually, Kyungsoo can't really hear properly out of his right ear because he can feel Kai's breath making him shiver. So, he could careless as to why he is pranking Lay at midnight. But of course Kyungsoo asks.

"Why?" 

"He's been feeling down lately, I wanted to cheer him up." He shrugs. 

"Trust me, pranking someone won't cheer them up." Kyungsoo rolls his eyes crossing his arms together. 

"Well aren't you grumpy." 

"I'm not grumpy you're just annoy-" 
Suddenly his words are stopped by a loud  banging of doors. It sounds harsh and it seems to be coming from near by. Instinctively he laches on to Kai's arm. 

"It's the ghost that comes at midnight!" Kai says hurriedly,
In a hushed voice. 

"Shut up." Kyungsoo breaths in in even breaths. 

"They say the ghost comes and locks them in the janitors closet and never let's them out." Kai continues pretending to sweat from nervousness. 

More pounding and then a muffled scream that Kyungsoo makes out:

"Let me out of here!" It sounds distant and somehow, familiar. 
What ever the voice is Kyungsoo jumps up panicking. He is held down by the strong hand of Jongin. 

"Don't move! It might see you!" Kai hisses. 

Kyungsoo closes his eyes and waits, and waits. But nothing comes. The pounding suddenly stops. That's when he notices Jongin trying to hold in a laugh. 
And Kyungsoo was stupid enough to believe all the he told him. 

"ing idiot-" Kyungsoo holds up a hand to whack him buy is stopped by Jongin who rolling on the floor laughing his heart out. 
It almost makes Kyungsoo laugh. So he cracks a smile. It's small but somehow Kai notices. 
He gasps and points towards Kyungsoo's smiling lips. 

"I told you pranks can cheer people up." 
Kyungsoo's eyes become wide in realization. His mouth dropping to his usually frown. 

"It's not like I wanted to smile you just looked so stupid rolling on the floor." 

"Aw come on no one looks good with a frown on their  face." 

"Really cause I think I look like model materiel with a frown." Kyungsoo counters. "Besides there's nothing you can do to make me smile." 

"Really?" Kai urges, with a small smirk. 

"Really." 

Without a word Kai caresses Kyungsoo's cheeks with both his hands holding it up to face him. Before Kyungsoo can react Kai places his lips right on top of Kyungsoo's. That's exactly when Kyungsoo stops breathing. 

Kyungsoo is too shocked to move, so he keeps his lips closed. That is, until Kai's expression softens looking at Kyungsoo, while pulling away. 

"Is this okay?"

 


"Yeah." Kyungsoo mumbles, and is eventually pulled back into a more strong, and heated kiss. 
Against the vending machine he is supposed to hear the electric currents but right now Kyungsoo can only hear his heart beat. 
------
That's part one, for Kyungsoo's side of the story part two is probably the last one so yeah. A lot of people were curious about
 kaisoo so here it is. 
So yeah kaisoo and baekyeol has a kiss at the same time.