What's in it for me

My 22 Year-Old Middle Schooler

 

Chanyeol has always hated walking alone.
He never admits it because he thinks it's pretty lame.

When he was in kindergarten he would always be sent to go take down the attendance, in return he would ball his eyes out. It wasn't so much about the company he had, just the thought of being alone.

He realizes this contradicts everything about him because he lives alone. And maybe it's not so much about walking alone but loneliness all together.

Walking down the school halls looking for the library really makes him think. While alone, he often thinks to much to the point where his thoughts are so dark and deep, he could write a novel.

Now he's reflecting on life like he did this morning.

He doesn't mention this to anyone, but he is also afraid of the dark, more so nighttime.
At night, his parents had always fought. It soon led to an inevitable divorce and a child who was desperate to escape. Chanyeol.

He wasn't going to say it felt like yesterday. Because it didn't. It felt like forever.

For five years he hadn't seen his parents. Despite Chanyeol's growing hatred towards them, he almost always felt lost without them. Memories flashed back. He remembered times when his father would scold him because of his horrid grades. His moms wonderful cooking and Chanyeol's warm bedroom.

As much as he tried to forget these two figures that seemed so worthless, he couldn't.

So then he started drinking. It started small. Of course, that was at his apartment. It only got worse when he went to the bar. The alcohol felt more real than store bought.
Sure this was a problem.
Maybe even an addiction. But this was his way of to escape. To live by his own rules, not by his parents, whom didn't have any boundaries themselves. Chanyeol had a tongue full of sour words for his parents. If he met them someday (which is highly unlikely), he would be ready.

He began to shake his head because he realized he had arrived In front of the library. Once again the library was not empty. He say a man who was very familiar. All the books were made into a large tower in front of him, like he was protecting himself from a bomber.
Chanyeol advanced, later realizing who it was.

"Sehu-"

Sehun grabbed his arm, roughly pulling him down to hide along side him.

"Oh my god Chanyeol, you're so loud shut up."

"What the is this-"

"Shhhh." Sehun held a finger to his mouth. He was looking at something distantly.
It took awhile for Chanyeol to follow his gaze. His eyes finally focused on a man, lean, and muscular reading a book while standing.
Chanyeol instantly remembered this was the dancer he met in the hall.

"Seriously?" Chanyeol rolled eyes towards Sehun.
He didn't respond, his eyes glued on that one figure.
Chanyeol started to shake his shoulders to snap him out of it.

"Sehun! Stop stalking him and ask him out."

"Will you stop acting like my dad- oh my god who's that with him!"

Chanyeol is confused at first because he doesn't know what Sehun is talking about. All he could see was the same guy reading a book. Until someone else comes into the picture. Chanyeol suddenly wants to run and hide.

That's right you've guessed correctly.

Chanyeols legs begin to shake rapidly, and he just happy Sehun doesn't notice.
Abdruptly, turns his whole body around to hide behind the tower of books.
He keeps muttering the same thing over and over again.

"Crap, crap, crap, crap,crap."

Sehuns attention is averted so he doesn't notice what state of hyperventilation Chanyeol is in.

"Who is he! They seem close." Sehun sounds extremely jealous , you can just hear it his voice. For some reason Chanyeol is curious too. He makes the mistake of turning around.
The scene in front of him is quite shocking. He can already hear Sehun's silent yet loud cries.

He see's the dance kids face which is uncomfortably too close to the smaller boys. Their noses are scarcely touching and they look like their just about to kiss.
Somehow, the smaller boy doesn't seem fazed by any of this. It is the dance boy who is making the move.

Everything feels a hundred times more awkward. Chanyeol suddenly feels the need to declare that he has to go to the washroom again. Later realizing that would be extremely stupid.

Just then, he feels a sudden jolt of wind as the body next to him stands up. Chanyeol is taken a back at first, as he begins to tug on Sehuns arm with wide eyes.

"Sehun!" Chanyeol shrieks. "Don't!" He tries again. To make matters worse Chanyeol stands up too, attempting to pull Sehun down in desperation, their arms flying around everywhere. He already knows no one can stop Sehun.

"HEY!" Sehun's voice echoes throughout the library.
The two bodies that are about to kiss flatter a little, as their attention is now on Sehun and Chanyeol. It dawned onto Chanyeol that they probably look like complete stalkers.
Although that is not really a lie.
As the two boys moves away from each other Chanyeol feels the need to face palm and maybe hit Sehun in the process.

Suddenly the middle schoolers eyes flutter towards Chanyeol, capturing his gaze.
Chanyeol suddenly gets a taste of what situation he's really in.
The boys eyes light up.

"Hey you're that-"
Chanyeol is already bounding toward him. Deja vu hits him because once again he is gripping his wrist tightly, leading him to the hall. He pushes his up against the wall.
For a while nothing happens because Chanyeol is freakin out. He keeps muttering to himself over and over again.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." His hands are in his hair, like a madman.
Then he notices the boy who is staring at him a attentively, like a hospital patient waiting for a report.
Chanyeol doesn't know how to start without making things awkward. He find a himself making weird gestures with his hands that make no sense at all. He can't even start talking because he doesn't know his name. Looking at the boy brings back unwanted memories.

He shakes his head taking in uneven breaths.

"Listen... Um...."

"Baekhyun."

"Baek- what ever. You can't- just don't- keep a secret."

"I'm sorry?"

Chanyeol hasn't looked at the boys face even once. He's afraid if he does his face would become red.

When he lifts his head the boys expression is so sly and sneaky Chanyeol wants to punch him.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, don't play dumb-"

"And if I don't?"

"Huh?"

"If I don't agree to your rules?"

Chanyeol suddenly becomes angry. There's a burning sensation in his head.

"Fine! Do what ever you want! I don't care." He huffs angrily.

To boy slowly smirks.
"I hear you got a boyfriend, that can't be any good for you." He leads on.
Chanyeols neck almost snaps when he turns to face the boy named Baekhyun again.
Chanyeol feels so dam insecure.
He bounds toward him. He's never really been the violent type.

"You little-"

"So you change your mind?" He says smoothly.
Chanyeol stops for a second, his anger slowly dissipating.

"That's- that's right! You can't tell anyone what happened last night. If you do, I'll- I'll-"

"Beat me?"

"No-"

"Kill me?"

"No I-"

"Torture me?" How cruel."

"Shut up. I don't have consequences as long as you keep it a secret. Forget this ever happened. Forget that we met."

"What's in it for me?"

Of course.
It's nothing without something in return.

"I don't know... What do you like?"

The small boys thinks for awhile. His answer makes Chanyeol wonder a lot of things.

"Food."
Chanyeols eyes narrow.

"Could you be a little more specific?"

The boys slanted down eyes search deep within Chanyeols dark ones.
"I think I'll keep it a surprise."
And the boy beings to walk away.

"Hey! That could be anything!" Chanyeol shouts back. The boy waves his hand while walking forward.

"See you around Park Chanyeol."