PART II: Finale

My 22 Year-Old Middle Schooler

The last and finale chapter of kaisoo which I have scarcely depicted in two chapters. 

-------------

Out of complete embarrassment Kyungsoo runs out of the school with a worried Kim Jongin trailing behind. 

"Hey! Wait up! Why you running away!" Jongin shouts while Kyungsoo runs through the streets at midnight. 

"I just kissed you!" Kyungsoo slaps his cheeks several times before speeding up his pace. Unfortunately, Jongin is a dancer, so he catches up fast.

"So isn't that a good thing?" 

"Not when you have a boyfriend!" Kyungsoo  calls back afraid to turn around and look at Jongin. 

"Wait what!" Jongin runs after him. 

"That's right I have a boyfriend! If you come any closer, people might think I was cheating!" Kyungsoo says breathlessly still running. 

"But you were!" Jongin reasons, and then laughs. 

"Not funny!" 

"But you kissed me back." 

And suddenly Jongin has taken a hold of Kyungsoo wrist. In no time flat, Jongin is carrying Kyungsoo fireman style, slung over his back. 

It's no use,  Kyungsoo thinks, to stuggle, the smaller is way taller than him. 

"What do you want?" Kyungsoo groans, stuffing his face into Jongin's shoulder. 

"I want you to tell me what that was." 

"What are you talking about." 

Suddenly Jongin gently let's Kyungsoo down, looking at him straight in the eye. 

"If you haven't noticed, I hit on almost everyone." Jongin chimes in. 

"Yeah, yeah big deal-." Kyungsoo is about to punch him in the face. Was this nothing to him. Was Kyungsoo just part of Jongin's game? "I get it Jongin, you're some high end person who hits on everyone, and I'm your newest victim-"

 

"But why are you different?" 

 

"What?"

"... I don't know myself. But every time I see you it's... Different." 

Kyungsoo blinks at his comment and instantly narrows his eyes. 

"Is that a confession?" 


"If you want it to be." 


Kyungsoo immediately begins to walk away partly because Jongin is ANNYOING and partly because Kyungsoo is blushing so much.

"Hey wait up!" Jongin clasps onto Kyungsoo's hand.

"What now?" Kyungsoo replies through gritted teeth. 

 

"I think I'm in love with you." 

Kyungsoo could cry right there but he continues to walk away anyways. Not because he hates Jongin, not because he's being a good boyfriend.
Because he might just be falling in love with Kim Jongin. 

It's only when Kyungsoo is a hundred meters away that Jongin shouts.

"This Saturday! Diner! Me and you! Think about it." 

Unfortunately, Kyungsoo makes he mistake of turning around to catch Jongin smiling like a maniac. Just when Kyungsoo might smile he turns around abruptly, hiding his small smile. 

"You idiot." 
-----------

Other than his new assignments nothing is new. 
Right, except Kim Jongin. 
What a pain.

It hasn't taken long for Kyungsoo to figure he has obvious feeling for him but what worries him more is Chanyeol. He wants to know if his plan had worked last night. At the same time he wants to tell Chanyeol that he's in love with Kim Jongin.

Of course, Kyungsoo has empathy, so he won't say it like that. He'll just simply... break up with him? It's as simple as it gets. 
But is this going to hurt Chanyeol more than it's going to hurt him? 
Probably. 
The difference is, Chanyeol still hasn't taken into account his obvious feelings for Baekhyun. If only the lanky robot could get it through his thick head. 
If only Chanyeol realized he was in love with Baekhyun everything would become 100x more easier. 

But nothing is easy.
So today Kyungsoo is going to break up with Chanyeol. 

He hates himself for saying it so easily. For doing something so rational. But he believes this is the way to go if he is going to avoid cheating. After all it's better to break up rather than cheat.

By lunch time he tells Chanyeol that he wants to talk to him. Just when he thinks everything was going to go smoothly, it's not as he imagined. 

"We're not working." He admits, rather coldly. Deep inside he doesn't mean it. It's hurting his heart as much as it is to Chanyeol. 
Kyungsoo doesn't hate Chanyeol. He just loves someone else. 


There is dead silence that follows after. 


"What." Chanyeol mouths. 


"This is not working." Kyungsoo repeats. Looking away.


If the room could get anymore silent it did. 


A little part of him wonders just what the hell he's doing. But then images of Jongin in though his head. He needs to do this. He's determined. For the sake of himself, and Chanyeol. Chanyeol doesn't belong to him. He never has. It's about time he accepted it. 


"I don't get it-" Chanyeol starts by Kyungsoo interrupts him immediately., 


"It's done Chanyeol. We both know this is not working. So let's just live our lives normally. Let's just be friends. Let's... Let's break up." 

 

"I don't understand. All of a sudden?" Chanyeol chokes on his words. But his voice drifts out of Kyungsoo head when he walks through the door. 

He wipes a couple of tears and starts to run  through a crowd of people who are going to class. 
Without a word Kyungsoo opens the doors to the large dance section of the school and shouts:

"Kim Jongin!" 

More heads turn then expected. Suddenly Kyungsoo doesn't feel as determined. One of the students gives him a weird look and answers:

"He's trying to find the washroom." 

Kyungsoo runs. He runs so much he feels his heart beat running with him. Only it's not because he's out of breath. 

Kim Jongin's figure suddenly appears in the narrow hallway. He looks lost. Kai looks through some doors only to sigh heavily. 

That idiot still doesn't know where the washroom is. 

Without thinking Kyungsoo runs to him, and before Jongin can say a simple greeting Kyungsoo laches onto his ear. 

"Ah! Ah!" Jongin holds onto his ear that has almost been ripped off his head.

"You're coming with me." 
Kyungsoo let's Kai follow him through the empty halls.

"But I need to go to the washroom!" He wines. 

"Trust me, you're never gonna find it." Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. 

"I was so close!" Jongin offers. 

"You're in supply hall." 

"What's that?" 

"Where they supply things like instruments." 

"I still need to go to the washroom." 

"Well then you'll do it at my house." 

 


"What." 
-------------------


Honestly, Kyungsoo doesn't actually have an idea of what  he's doing. But he's going to do it right. 

"Remind me, why I am I at your house?" Jongin reminds him several times while walking. He removes his shoes politely and is greeted by Kyungsoo's mother who looks over joyed. 

"Kyung! Oh my! You have a friend!" She claps her hands happily. 

"You don't have to ask so surprised,
Mother." Kyungsoo grumbles. 

"But my Kyung  hasn't has a friend over in awhile. With the exception of Chanyeol." She adds. 

The name Chanyeol made him remember why he was here in the first place. 

"Okay well, nice talking to you." He grabs Kai by the wrist and leads him towards his room. 
When his mother is out of sight Jongin speaks up. Without looking Kyungsoo can tell Jongin has a smirk plastered all over his face. 

"Are you forcing my to have with you?"  He teases.
Kyungsoo can't lie that his face didn't turn cherry red.
"Shut up." 

When they sit down comfortably, Kyungsoo on his respective bed and Jongin on the computer desk chair Kyungsoo tells him the plan.

"I need your help." Kyungsoo admits.

"Thought you'd never ask." Jongin beings to his pants. 

"OH MY gOD NO!" Kyungsoo almost falls off his bed from shock.
Jongin smiles and winks.
"Just kidding." 

"All dirty comments aside I need to ask you a few questions." 

"Ok." 

"I think it's ideal if you don't ask me any questions." 
Kyungsoo breaths through his nostrils. 
"The point is, I'm trying to set my ex-boyfriend up with your cousin. Since their both stubborn little s, I need to make them fall in love completely by tomorrow." 

"Wha-" 

"No questions remember." 

"But-" 

"I need you to tell me things about Baekhyun. You think he's attractive right? When was the first time you  had eyes for him? What would make someone fall for him? Love at first sight kinda thing." Kyungsoo reaches out to retrieve a note pad. 

Jongin sits confused and bombarded with questions.

"Uh... well.. Me and Hyung aren't like that. But..." 

"BUT WHAT!" Kyungsoo snaps. 

"Okay okay chill. Your making me nervous!" Kyungsoo swears he can see Jongin's hands shake. 
He's taken aback by this.

"Sorry. I just- I really so need your help. So please..." Kyungsoo's eyes dart around the room that he has no time to notice the hand that has cupped his face.
Before he knows it Kai is kissing him with no problem. Kyungsoo can pull away and say what the hell. But he doesn't. It's helping him. It makes him feel better. Makes him feel less anxious. Makes him feel like e can do this. He can make his ex-boyfriend fall in  love someone else. 

He doesn't like it when Kai pulls away, eyes softening at Kyungsoo's noticeable blush. 

"Better?" 

"Better. Let's get to work." 

---------------

"Well, I remember people that really liked Baekhyun. Well, a lot Of people actually." Jongin explains. 
"One thing they'd all say is that they were really when Hyung would play piano." Jongin taps his chin cutely. 
Kyungsoo snaps back into his senses when he realizes the words that has just uttered Kai's mouth.

Piano? Baekhyun? 

"You're kidding." Kyungsoo mummers. 

"He's a living prodigy. He has a room full of trophies." 

Piano? Baekhyun? Trophies? Prodigy? Why do all these words not fit well. Well let's see. Baekhyun is terrible at piano, he is definitely joking when he says he's a prodigy, and never has Baekhyun completed his homework.  

"I'm sorry Jongin, but I think you're lying."  

"But I'm being serious! Trust me I grew up with him. Don't let his sarcasm fool you." 

"...okay then we'll lure him in to play piano in front of Chanyeol." Kyungsoo smiles at his master plan.

"I've never seen someone so happy to set their own boyfriend up with someone else." Jongin laughs.


"Ex-boyfriend." Kyungsoo corrects gleefully. 

"So you don't have a boyfriend now. That makes you single. Which makes you mine." 

"If we succeed. Loser. I'll think about it." 

"I love how you causally added loser in there." 

"That's quite enough." Kyungsoo shakes his head so the blush can escape his cheeks. "Let's initiate the plan." 

-------------

"Aww come on why can't I go inside." Jongin complains like a baby. It's a miracle Kyungsoo hasn't given up on the younger.

"Because you need to keep watch, so no one disrupts them." Kyungsoo reminds him. 

"Did you send the texts?" Kyungsoo asks. 

"Yep." 

"Baekhyun first right?" 

"Yep." 

"You made the number private right." 

"Yep." 

"Now shut up, you sound like a puppy yelping." Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. 

"Is that your version of calling me cute?" 
Kyungsoo andruptly turns his head. 
"No." 
Jongin pouts.

"Okay I'm going to hide in the music room." Kyungsoo decides. 

"Wait, aren't you going to give me a good luck kiss?" 
Jongin raises his eye brows in anticipation. 

"I'm not going on a suicide mission, you can wait." Kyungsoo hides his small smile as he runs into the school, leaving Jongin dumbfounded. 

---------

As soon as he hides behind the large unknown instrument in the music too he hears footsteps. 
It seems that Kyungsoo has come at the right time because Baekhyun has already started playing. At first he only hears small simple cords. Soon Kyungsoo finally understands what Jongin meant by prodigy. Kyungsoo is shocked because he's only heard Baekhyun play the piano terribly. 
But this is really something.
Before anything else can happen he hears more footsteps. It seems that the prodigy is lost in his own world meanwhile Chanyeol is walking slowly into the room. 

Kyungsoo try's to catch the expression on Chanyeols face. It seems that yet again Jongin was correct. Chanyeol looked so... So different. Different from when he looked at Kyungsoo. Different from when he looked at anyone. 
He looked .
This is working.
He could almost kiss Jongin.
He should have. 

And it's almost like Jongin knew. He feels his phone vibrate in his pocket. 

"It's Saturday."Kyungsoo stares at the screen blankly. 
Okay Jongin wait a go you know what day it is. 

So Kyungsoo types back. 
"What?" 
But there is no response. It's only natural for Kyungsoo to want to check on Kai. So he gets up and reveals himself to Chanyeol and Baekhyun who are in the middle of a make out session.
Well that was fast. 

He waits for the confession to come. To his surprise it comes too quickly. Chanyeol tells him everything. Everything that Kyungsoo had
Correctly assumed. So Kyungsoo confesses too. About Jongin. About his feelings. 
Just as everything is coming to a close his phone goes off. 
When he picks it up he hears a deep, familiar voice.

"Are you done?" Jongin wines. 

"What's your rush?" Kyungsoo snorts.

"It's Saturday." Jongin reminds him again. "Since you're on the phone I guess the plan worked. So pay me back." 

"With money?"


"With diner." 

Suddenly a bell rings in Kyungsoo's head, remembering when Kai has asked Kyungsoo out to diner. It seems that Kai was smart enough to keep Kyungsoo under his radar in order to take him out. 

"You sneaky little-"

"See ya there!" 

And the phone cuts off. Meanwhile be stares at a budding couple in front of him who look to be fighting with only their eyes.

"Ahem guys." He tells Baekhyun and Chanyeol who snap out of their senses. 

"Me and Kai have this thing planned." He says apologetically, slightly bowing. 

Before he can run out the door Chanyeols voice makes him stop. 

"Wait." 

When Kyungsoo turns around he smiles brightly. Because Chanyeol is finally happy. 

"In glad we're friends." And if Kyungsoo's  smile could get any larger it did. 

"Thanks Chanyeol." Kyungsoo walks out of the door feeling prouder than ever. He puts that aside when he learns he needs to find Kai. 
So he calls him. 

"Hey idiot! You can't just tell me were having diner and not say where!" 

"I'm guessing the plan succeeded." Jongin's smirk can be heard on the other line.

"Yeah." Kyungsoo rolls his eyes happily. 

"The diner near the school." He explains, shutting off his phone. Loosing Jongin's voice in his ear made him feel down. So he ran to the diner. 

"KIM JONGIN!" He screamed when he blasted the front door open with his foot.

A scary looking Jongin revealed his face. "Kyungsoo! Stop shouting you're  gonna get kicked out." He says behind a table. 

Without a word Kyungsoo barges towards the table, lifts Kim Jongin by his collar and crashes their lips together. With maybe a few peoples eyes on them, but Kyungsoo doesn't care. Kai is taken aback by this. He blinks a couple of times before letting Kyungsoo take a seat. 

"Whoa." Jongin stares at Kyungsoo and how hot he was right there. 

"What?" Kyungsoo says impatiently, looking at the menu.

"Nothing." Jongin smiles softly. He feels his phone vibrate and when he picks it up it's a text from Baekhyun. 

"Nice, a diner date." 

At the text Jongin shifts in chair, trying to find where Baekhyun is hiding. Instead he finds him in the wide open sitting across from a lanky tall giant. A small smile creeps up Baekhyun lips, as he reaches for his phone to text Jongin. 

"We both got the guy." 

"Even Steven." 

"Okay that's enough enjoy your date."

"Thanks Baek." 

"For what?" 

"For going into the piano room." 

"Anything to be part of your master plan." 

"You guys make a cute couple." 

"Well you do to, speaking of, Kyungsoo looks angry that you're on your phone." 

Abruptly Kai drops his phone and looks at Kyungsoo who is giving him the evil eye. 

"...uh..." 

"Are you texting while we're on a date?" He grits through his teeth. 

"No sir!" Jongin picks up his menu. 

"Good, I love you." 

"I- wait what." Jongin's stares at amazement at the words that have just uttered Kyungsoo's mouth. 

"What?" Kyungsoo asks innocently. 

 

"You said you-" 

"For god sakes Jongin, order your food." A small noticeable smirk surrounds Kyungsoo's lips. 


-----------------
Well yep. I did skip the baek/piano scene bc u can read it in chapter 12, and it was kinda long. 
So yeah they also had their first date in the same diner. And yes Baekhyun was in cahoots with Kai on this plan. Kyungsoo didn't know though, that's why he was surprised in chapter 12 when Baekhyun knew he was cheating on Chanyeol. 

Well yeah that's a wrap. 

 

 

 

 


"I'm glad we're friends." Chanyeol smiles warmly.  He glances at Baekhyun who is rolling his eyes.