Honesty

My 22 Year-Old Middle Schooler

 

It's been a while since Sehun's been  searching for Kai. If not for Luhan's presence  Sehun might just knock on his front door. However, Luhan is just so mesmerizing Sehun can't keep his eyes off of him. 
Yeah, he is beautiful, but it's more than that. Sehun doesn't want to sound clechee, but every movement that Luhan makes, every gesture, is just so perfect. So surreal. He thinks he's fallen for him but he wonders if Luhan will even like him back. 

Class has finally ended and he's decided just to give up on his love life, and get some rest at home. His plans are totally ruined when he spots a certain someone rummaging through his locker. 
Luhan. 

Before Sehun can say a simple hi, Luhan comes running towards him, smiling, warm and fuzzy. It aches Sehuns heart that he has never noticed Luhan before. 

"Hi!" Luhan exclaims loudly. 

"... Uh- hi." 

"I never got your name from before." Luhan asks cutely. 

"I- me... I'm Sehun." Sehun attempts to hide his blush. He's never blushed  so much in his life. 

"In Luhan." He holds out an eager hand. 
When they shake hands Sehun can't help but notice  how warm and soft Luhan's hands are. Not to mention how warm Sehun is now that he is having skinship with someone. 

Sehun swallows hard. He wants words to come out of his mouth, but he can't speak. He can't even look at Luhan properly because he might faint. 

"Luhan-" 

"Do you want to hang out?" Luhan interrupts him instead. It's weird because usually someone would ask if you were free first. It's almost as if Luhan knew that Sehun would say yes either way. He notices Luhan's fingers that constantly fidget. For once Sehun thinks that Luhan is just as nervous as he is. Everything is so weird because their already reading each others minds. 

"Yes." 

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes. 

-----------------

Time is suddenly frozen. It almost like god is giving Chanyeol another chance to repent. Everything happened to fast and now he's stuck. He's ing stuck.

Kyungsoo's face is expressionless as he watches Chanyeols and Baekhyun's faces move away from their long kiss, that Kyungsoo probably had to sit through. Chanyeols mind goes blank and he really doesn't have any solution except to confess. 
Chanyeol looks towards to ground. Why is he shy? Why is he scared?  It's not like there dating or anything.  However there's  one thing that Kyungsoo deserves to know. The truth. 

It's only a whole after that words can escape his mouth. 

"I'm. Sorry." He manages. 
This is it Park Chanyeol. This is it just say it. It's your only chance. 
He can feel the words creeping towards his mouth, large ears becoming red. 

"In in love with Byun Baekhyun. I sorry I'm sorry. But I don't even know why I'm saying sorry it's just I can't stand it ok.  I can't help that I'm in love with Baekhyun. I lied to Kyungsoo. I lied big time. I kissed Baekhyun more than once. I subconsciously ignored you because I hadn't realized I loved Baekhyun. 
I can't tell you how sorry I am. I don't know what it is. Maybe I was happy you broke up with me. Not bc I didn't love you, but because I loved someone else. I...." 

Chanyeol was officially out of breath. His head is down, eyes clenched. He waits for Kyungsoo reaction. Or some type of reaction. 

He gets something completely un expected. 

A laugh. A small tiny laugh from Kyungsoo that soon grows into a larger laugh, in which Baekhyun joins in. 

WHAT am I dreaming WHY DF DO they sound LIKE CRAzy POssesed demons. 

Slowly Chanyeol lifts his head to face the truth. 

His mouth is wide open because Kyungsoo really is laughing. He seems happy, joyful almost. He waits for an April fools to escape his lips or something. But nothing happens.
 Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun's direction. He is also laughing. Laughing so much, that Chanyeol might just join in. 

"I'm not mad at you Chanyeol." Kyungsoo shrugs after the laughter does down. 

"Wha-" 
Chanyeols mouth is still open. Chanyeol is stunned he needs to rub his eyes about a billion times. 

"Baekhyun was right, you really are a thick headed idiot." 

"I don't get it." He turns to Baekhyun who is wiping away a tear of joy. 

"I'm not mad at you Chanyeol I'm happy for you." Kyungsoo responds with glee. 

"But- you-. Why did you break up with me then?" 
Chanyeol is speechless.

Kyungsoo chuckled. 
"We broke up a long time ago Chanyeol. To be specific right when you met Baekhyun." 

Chanyeol blinks.
"Are you saying-" 

"I knew you had a thing for him ever since I saw you two sit together. I knew so well that I decided to set you up." 
Chanyeol just stares and stares and thinks of what to say. Kyungsoo tried to set them up?

"Set us up." Chanyeol repeats. 

"Wanna go on an adventure?" Kyungsoo winks. Chanyeol gasps. It was him all along. The person who texted both him and Baekhyun to meet in the janitors closet. Damn Kyungsoo was creepy as if he tried. Chanyeols spirits lighten now knowing that Kyungsoo is happy but not everything adds up. 

"Wait, so you're not mad? That I cheated on you?" 

Kyungsoo smiles sadly. 

"How can I be mad that you, when I'v been doing the same exact thing."

--------------

Sehun is nervous. He's never been nervous on a date. Then again he's never really been on many dates. 
As they walk out of the bar Luhan is loaded with bottles and bottles of alcohol. 
It's a weird sensation but Sehun thinks Luhan looks incredibly y when he drinks. The smaller yet older one wobbles back and forth while walking back, and Sehun try's to prevent him from falling. He was too busy staring at Luhan's face in the bar, that he forgot to drink his own drink. 

"You drank too much." Sehun feels Luhan's head resting near his shoulder. Although he is angry at his alcohol consumption he can't help but feel giddy. 
He's on my shoulder.
Oh my god he has such long eye lashes. 
I could just kiss those lips. 

Luhan responds with a low sleepy murmur. Sehun giggles. 

"I might just look older than you." 

"Mhmm, it's your fault your not older we could have visited the strip club." Luhan retorts back all of a sudden. 

Sehuns face become cherry red. 

"You remind me of Baekhyun." Sehun decides the say. 

"In what way?" Luhan smiles. 
He doesn't sound offended but more curious. 

"Your carelessness." 

"So I'm careless now?" 

"No!- never!" 

Luhan laughs. 
"Sehun, do you like me?" Luhan tips his alcohol bottle as if he's playing a game. 

"I-" 

"You like Kai don't you." 

"Huh, wait-" 

"Just admit it." Luhan pouts throwing his alcohol bottle in the air only to catch it. It seems that everyone knew at one point Sehun had a thing for Kai. 
Sehun thinks how he should respond so he says everything honestly, likes good person should. 

"You're right. I did. At one point. I really did, I followed him everywhere and I was obsessed. Until I saw you." 

"God oh Sehun you are the cheesiest-" 

Just then, Luhan's alcohol bottle burst open spilling all the contents over Sehuns shirt. Sehun just rolls his eyes and smiles when Luhan gasps in horror. 

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" He begins to clean Sehuns shirt with nothing. Sehun laughs at the déjà vu. This was exactly how Luhan and Sehun met, and if not for the little accident he didn't know where he'd be by now. Luhan's hands and flying everywhere attempting to fix up the shirt that may never be worn again. 
Sehun grips onto Luhan's wrist and lifts his chin into a long, sweet kiss. 
It happens so fast that it scares Luhan but he understands later on. 

They walk back speechless, and giddy. 

He might just wear that shirt again. 
--------------

"I cheated on you." Kyungsoo repeats and honestly Chanyeol doesn't know how to take it. 
Happy, sad, and angry don't exist anymore.

"You... what." 

Baekhyun looks completely fine as if he knew this all along. That small child has the nerve to hide such important things. 

"I cheated on you." Kyungsoo offers again. 

"Wait-" 

"With Kai." Baekhyun finally speaks up. Kyungsoo gives the 22-year old middle schooler a surprised look. An Chanyeols mind is racing asking the same questions.

"You guys were so obvious." Baekhyun fiddles with the piano keys. 

Kyungsoo smirks in response. Chanyeol thinks this is all a dream. Kyungsoo likes Kai? It just seems so alien. Then again maybe if Chanyeol wasn't so thick headed he would have known. 
He thinks back to the time when Kyungsoo first saw Kai and how he blushed. Chanyeol fought down a twinge of jealousy but he always thought it was nothing. He remembered times when Kyungsoo would be out of his sight, probably at Kai's place. The once innocent Kyungsoo didn't seems so innocent anymore. 

Kyungsoo smirks at Baekhyun. 

"How much more do you know about me?" 

"It's kinda scary actually."
Baekhyun smirks back. The once very creepy smirk has somehow now become endearing.  They both laugh. Chanyeol doesn't want to break their budding bromance but he interrupts them anyways.

"Hey! Am I the only dumb one in this room!" 

They both look at him and laugh once more. A huge weight has suddenly lifted off of Chanyeols shoulders. 

All of sudden a phone sounds and Kyungsoo jumps up to pick it. In the meantime Baekhyun is giving Chanyeol suggestive looks. As if to say, "you're  luck you're dumb I have a thing for es." They both read each other faces when makes another face which meant : " you're lucky you're look like your 12 I only like middle schoolers."

"Very funny, e." 

"Not funny, middle schooler." 

"If i remember correctly you kissed me first." 

"What the hell does that have to do with anything?" 

"Watch me Park Chanyeol." 
Slowly, using only two fingers Baekhyun retrieves a small tube of lip balm. They are close in proximity that Chanyeol can smell the addictive scent of straw berries. And what's worse is that Baekhyun suddenly begins to apply it. 

"What the hell are you doing?" 

He can still hear Kyungsoo on the phone, busy and distracted. 

Chanyeols legs begin to shake as Baekhyun purses his lips in order for better coverage. 

"I know you want it" 

"I don't know what you mean"

"Aw how cute, you little thirsty-"

"No! Stop I can't Baek,  Kyungsoo is on the phone, be respectful!" 

"Randomly kissing me in the bar was hella respectful." 

"You liked it. Shut up." 

"And you would like it now so come sit on my lap." 

"Are you crazy just because I confessed doesn't mean you can control me!"

"Who says I can't?" Baekhyun raises his eyes brows

"Stop seducing me! Kyungsoo is right there!" 

"Aw, are you shy?" 


"Ahem, hey guys." Kyungsoo coughs and speaks up. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were so caught up in their silent argument they hadn't noticed Kyungsoo had finished his phone call a couple of minutes ago. 

Chanyeols scratches the back of his neck giving Baekhyun once last look. 

"I need to go, Kai and I we have a thing planned." Kyubgsoo admits shyly. 
As he begins to walk out of the door Chanyeol stops him.

"Wait." 
At that moment he doesn't know what he's doing, or what he even wants to say.

"I'm glad we're friends." Chanyeol smiles warmly.  He glances at Baekhyun who is rolling his eyes. 

But that's all we'll ever be. 
He wants to say, but that would sound a little rude. 

"Thanks Chanyeol." Just like that Kyungsoo waves good bye and exits the room leaving Baekhyun and Chanyeol alone. 

Wait, alone?


"Hi Park Chanyeol." He can hear Baekhyun whisper right next to his ear. 

There lips are dangerously close but Chanyeol restrains for now. 

"Wait, before you seduce me. I need to fulfill your promise." 

"What promise?" Baekhyun pouts like a small child.  

"Don't you remember? When we made our pact you said you wanted food or something." 
Baekhyun's eyes become wide in appreciation. He nods his head like a child. Chanyeol is still confused. 

"What did you even mean by that, you confused me for days." Chanyeol shakes his head in disapproval. 

"Food as in dinner, dinner as in date." Baekhyun clues in.

"How long have you liked me, like really. You were asking me on a date Byun Baekhyun." 

"Well I know you were a stubborn brat as that was the only way." Baekhyun shrugs. 

"Shut it will you, let go." 

OHhhh me and Park Chanyeol are going on a date!" Baekhyun says excitedly .

"No." Chanyeol says sarcastically. 

"Yes!" 

"You are so annoying." 

"My mom says annoying is cute." 

----------
When they get there Chanyeol shouldn't be nervous, but he is. It's a weird sensation, like many other feelings Baekhyun has made him endure. Pain, anger, embarrassment, regret. Baekhyun really is the full package. 

They somehow reserve a small table for two that comes with a candle to light up. Baekhyun is so exited he jumps from his seat once in a while. 
When the food finally comes round and they almost done Baekhyun begins to speak. 

"Im sorry, for your parents." 

Chanyeol looks up from his plate to stare at Baekhyun for the first time since their date. He hadn't realized he was that nervous. He also hasn't realized how god damn cute Baekhyun looks in his casual outfit that defiantly does not match with fine cuisine. 

"You don't have to say sorry for anything. What happened is in the past." Chanyeol plays with his food. 

"Don't ever think of your self as your father." Baekhyun put on a surprisingly serious tone, that breaks the romantic mood. 
It's true, for years Chanyeol has been thinking he was just like his father. Drunk, crazy, and abusive. But was he really any of those things now that he had someone like Baekhyun near him. 

"What are you my doctor." 
Chanyeol resides with a small chuckle. "... Sorry for pushing you the other day." 

Suddenly he feels a slight pain on his left foot. It's only later he realizes Baekhyun is stepping in it. Chanyeols eye widen. 

"That's what you get." Baekhyun shrugs non-chanlantly.

"I'll let you go this time but-" 

"Wanna go to my place for dessert?" 

Chanyeol blinks. His place? His legs instantly shake. Dessert what did dessert mean? If it's Byun Baekhyun definitely something dirty. 

"You ert." Baekhyun laughs as he exit his chair with Chanyeol trailing behind. 

--------

Baekhyun's house is completely the unexpected. Well it's not like was rich or anything, but he's not poor either. Wow if Chanyeol could get any lower he might just say he hates middle class people. But he doesn't. Actually he doesn't even care what kind of house Baekhyun has, because after all Chanyeol needs Baekhyun not his house. 

"Nice place." 

As they walk in from the not so chilly November Baekhyun jumps around excitedly. Chanyeol is afraid he might fall. 

"Calm down."  He rolls his eyes.
They finally make their way into a a small dining area. 

"Sit here!" Baekhyun exclaims. It so weird seeing so childish at a time like this. Usually he'd be sending Chanyeol smart comment. 
Chanyeols takes a seat at the circular table that consists of 2 chairs. In the rare moment d silence in which Baekhyun is absent he begins to think about how much has happened in a day. 

He thinks about how confessed to Baekhyun, and how embarrassing yet satisfying it was. He wondered what would have happened if Baekhyun had rejected him. He's probably been thinking about this for a long time because now he remembers he has school. His piano teacher won't be too happy, and what's worse he will most likely fail vocal. Chanyeols needs to stop thinking too much or else he won't be able to focus on other things. 
November has come fast and he can't help but feel a little empty. Despite the warmth, and the presence  of Baekhyun this day feels so familiar. 

"Okay! Here we go!" After a long 20 minutes Baekhyun is back with dessert. In Baekhyun dictionary dessert is a large chocolate cake. 
Chanyeols life flashes before his eyes. When a familiar scene skims through his head.

"Who said I was bad at everything?
For your information." Baekhyun begins. "I can cook the best chocolate cake there is." 
Chanyeol glances at Baekhyun bad almost laughs. Just about everything Baekhyun say is a lie, but by the smell of the cake this was an exception. 

"Really? A cake? Are you okay." 

Baekhyun pouts cutely.
"That's my line, because Park  dumb yeol, if you ever dare to check the calendar it's your birthday." 

Chanyeol freezes in his tracks. His birthday. November. That's why it was so familiar. Not because it was the day he was born, but the day he ran away. 
Chanyeol is speech less. He wants to ball because it's been so long since someone has celebrated his birthday. Heck it's been 5 whole years. His words choke up in his throat and he instantly regrets calling Baekhyun names. 

"Baekhyun I-" 

Suddenly Baekhyun stuffs a mouthful of cake into Chanyeols mouth. While Chanyeol attempts to chew it whole is he giving Baekhyun dirty looks, trying to make words come out of his mouth. When he swallows he blinks towards Baekhyun, in realization. 

The cake tastes so good. 

"Baekhyun this cake is so good." Chanyeol looks at in in astonishment. 

"What can I say I'm pro-" 

"Shut up and make out with me." Chanyeol grins madly. 
Baekhyun is a little flustered when he opens his lip balm and Chanyeol is there to stop him. 

"You don't need it." 

And before he can stop him Chanyeol plants a passionate kiss on to Baekhyun's sweet lips. This time even sweeter due to the cake. His hands surface around Baekhyun's back slowly moving to his thighs. Until Baekhyun nuzzles into the crook of Chanyeols  neck and pinches his thigh. 
Chanyeol laughs at Baekhyun's childishness. 

You're my 22-year old middle schooler, only mine.


------------------------------------------
Well that's a wrap! Lol hopefully it wasn't so random. Also lol yeah kaisoo. Yup. 

If there's something you don't get comment and I'll answer. Also for the love of baekyeol, Hunhan was getting it on.
Anyways hope you enjoyed it and stay tuned for more fics!