You Are Not 22

My 22 Year-Old Middle Schooler

 

“Ahh... Kaebbsong" came a voice.
Chanyeol hadn't realized that the waiter had already come to pick up his plates. He looked up and found a boy who looked too small for his age.

"What did you say?" Chanyeol
asked.
The waiter looked up from his work.

“Oh, haha nothing."

Chanyeol could have sworn he winked at him.

Chanyeol’s eyes narrowed.

"How long have you been here?”

"As long as I had to.”

The man was taking to long, and Chanyeol felt strangely irritated.

Chanyeol had specifically come here to relax and take a break, maybe get drunk. The appearance of this boy made him want to go back home.

Although he wanted to go back anyways. It had been awhile, after running away for 5 years.

For Chanyeol, it was hard to say exactly how long he had been running, but he remembered it clearly when his parents were suffering from a divorce, too blind to realize they had dug Chanyeol a grave.

He never liked to associate himself with the divorce, so he kept hidden, an changed his name, escaping to the largest city in Korea.
Seoul.

He liked the freedom. His living conditions weren't so great considering the amount of times his apartment floor boards would creak. But he had a home. Or somewhat of a home.

Chanyeol still felt the presence of the waiter, observant and quite.

"Would you stop fiddling with the plates and take them back for gods sakes!"
He couldn't understand why was so angry. This guy just made him feel so dam uncomfortable.

The waiter grinned impishly as he walked back to he counter.
That left Chanyeol alone, with two cups of vodka ready to drink.

Until something stopped him. Loud sounds Chanyeol couldn't decipher we're coming from the neighbouring table. In Chanyeols condition,
It hard to tell who is drunk, since you're the victim.

A loud crash of a wine bottle really set Chanyeols mood off. He snapped his head to the side to capture the full scene. His fists balled.
At that moment he wasn't sure why.
But surely it was because he was drunk.

Three old men were sitting at the table. They had greasy hair and all 6 eyes were blood shot red.

"Hey waiter! Clean up this mess!" One of them ordered. His voice was musky and full of brandy.
All of his hair was white, like a geezer you could see selling potatoes at the market place.

The boy Chanyeol had seen before came up obediently to clean up the mess. Before anything else could happen, he had wiped the place clean. Chanyeol was surprised that such a small child could do a good job.
The three men had other thoughts.

"Hmm... He cleans up pretty nice." One of them smirked evilly.
Chanyeol knew better. Who the cares if he cleans up well, we all know what you mean drunkard.

One of the other men spoke up.

"Yeah, how'zt aboutss we keep him?"
His words slurred and Chanyeol found it harder and harder to understand. The alcohol he had taken was coming into affect.
He also couldn't stand the voice. He wanted to punch the guy because of his stupid drunk voice.
It reminded him of his father. Drunk. All the time.

Kind of like Chanyeol.

The man with all white hair reached his arm out to touch the small boys hair. Chanyeol couldn't see much, but it looked soft and smooth. The complete opposite to Chanyeols hair. He pictured the old mans greasy fingers laying hands on it.
He suddenly became more angry.

Andruptly he stood from his table with a loud bang. Facing the old men he shouted.

"For s sakes! This is not a gay bar. Get lost!"

His words echoed throughout the bar, and the small boy's head lifted
In surprise.


The old men were confused as much as everyone else in the bar. It was all silence.

Then Chanyeol did something weird.
He walked up towards the boy and clutched his arm, dragging him outside of the bar.
Leaving everyone confused.

When they were outside Chanyeol pushed the boy against the wall.

"Don't you think you're a little underage to be working here? Do you want to get molested?"
All his anger subsided because the next thing the boy said made him think twice.

"I'm 22."

"Yeah and I'm a ing Greek god."

The middle schooler began to huff small laughs.

"Are you now?"
He let out.

Chanyeol was too drunk to understand anything.
"Don't act all mature on me!"

Suddenly the tight grip that Chanyeol had been holding against him was set free. The smaller one forcefully pushed Chanyeols arms away, making them fly back.
This made Chanyeol angry.
Who does he think he is, pushing him around like that?

So he grabbed him by the shoulders again, keeping him close against the wall with Chanyeol casting a close shadow over him.

"Respect your elders." He sneered.
The little boy smirked.

"Bet you 10 bucks I'm older than you."

"Shut up."

"Height isn't everything.

Chanyeols face advanced forward. Maybe to emphasize the point that Chanyeol was clearly taller than him.

The small 22 year old boys eyes that slanted down cutely twinkled. For a moment Chanyeol wanted to give up and walk away but he kept fighting regardless.

"You're so annoying."

So Chanyeols grabbed him by the collar and crashed their lips together.

At that moment he couldn't process what was going on inside his head. If this "man" was really 22, and if he was just really really drunk.
Either he way he forcefully continued to kiss this man. And for some reason the smaller one didn't move away.

Their lips were locked for scarcely longer than Chanyeol imagined. All of a sudden he felt dizzy and couldn't comprehend what was going on.
Everything was blurry and he felt unsafe because he couldn't see anything.
So he let go of the man whom Chanyeol had yet to know his name.

Clumsily he walked back home not turning back.

---

He woke up wit a start.

Crap.

He was late.

Getting ready in the morning for Chanyeol wasn't a walk in the park.
He lived alone in a single bedroom apartment, that was only inhabited in the day time. At night he would go out and get drunk, most likely loosing all his memories of that night.

This time it was different.
It really bothered him that he remembered he drank 2 glasses of vodka, saw three old geezers and, kissed what looked like a 12 year old boy.

He liked to think of their encounter as a mishap. A leading cause being alcohol. Although he did lean on him. Still, Chanyeol felt weird as hell. Everything he did felt wrong.
What would Kyungsoo think?

They had been in a relationship for about 5 years, and they had shared multiple kisses. This just ruined Chanyeols reputation. Not that Chanyeols reputation was any good, but Kyungsoo didn't know that. He didn't know that Chanyeol went out late at night to get drunk.
That he would sometimes sleep outside.
Or frankly why he was living alone, why he never mentioned anything about his divorced parents.
He didn't want to worry Kyungsoo.


That was all.

He suddenly felt disgusted that he was hiding this all.
Wondering what Kyungsoo would think if he confessed all these secrets.
But secrets are called secrets for a reason.

As he did his button up shirt, he was running out of the door at the same time.
One of the stupidest decisions he had made was applying for college.
But of course Kyungsoo insisted.
They were both in the music program, and Chanyeol didn't hate it. He just hated waking up.
Today was a new semester, which meant stupid transfer students and new, don't-use-your-phone-in-class-lectures.

The stupid, annoying, idiotic students were one thing, but the teachers, Chanyeol could ace an essay on them.
None of the teachers were normal for that matter, especially their piano teacher who had some weird with hands. He'd smell all of the students hands one by one and maybe rarely take pictures of them. Rumour has it he wants to chop hands off in order to create an automatic piano player. Something you clearly don't need human hands for.

It seemed that Chanyeol was attached to crazy people, he'd been attending the school for at least 2 years. So calling Chanyeol crazy was an understatement.

He walked down the now empty halls getting ready for his vocal teacher to scold him.
The school didn't look much, but it wasn't the worst thing in the world. When he opened the door he could already hear Ms. ( they called we ms. Because no one actually knew her name) cussing.

"ing PARK CHANYEOL YOU Are LAte!"
Chanyeol had to cringe at the sound before opening the door he took a large breath and practically flung the door open exposing himself.

There were many looks given. Some of which Chanyeol couldn't understand. He head hurt badly because he was hungover so he could care less if he was late.
He felt like crap.
That's when he saw Kyungsoo, and he felt butterflies in his stomach come out of his mouth slowly surrounding the beautiful being named Do Kyungsoo. He was staring at Kyungsoo who was smiling. He didn't realize the teacher was kicking him out of the class.

"Detention out in THE HALL!" She half screamed.
Chanyeol gave her a sour look and walked out slowly.

"FASTER!"

There were no chairs outside of course so Chanyeol had to go though the pain of sitting down on the old hard ground reflecting on life.

Chanyeol had never been the trouble maker type, but ever since he ran away, their was nothing stopping him.

"Excuse me?"

Chanyeol looked up the sound, a little shocked a first but he gained his composture.

The shadow that was cast over him was of a mans. He had nice sun kissed skin and almond shaped eyes.

"Hi, where is the dance room?"
Chanyeol thought for a while. This guy must be a transfer student coming into the dance program.
He heard all dancers had great bodies and could so it well in bed. Chanyeol didn't even understand why he was thinking these thoughts. It must have been that kiss last night. He hadn't thought of it before but he was actually kind of by the small boy he met last night.
Crap.
That's weird.
He noticed the man was still hovering over him.

"Oh it's on the other campus.
This is music/vocals."

The dark- skinned man thought for a while.

"Oh, I see, thanks."

And then he walked away.

---

"I know Ms. Is getting really annoying these days, but you should really come earlier Chanyeol."

Kyungsoo's beautiful face made him actually want to wake up at the right time.
It was already lunch time,
And Chanyeol felt happy he was spending time with Kyungsoo.

Although today Kyungsoo looked really troubled.

"I'm just worried about you Chanyeol. Is there something going on? Please tell me."

Chanyeol smiled.

"Not at all. You know I'm not a morning person."
Kyungsoo scowled at him.
Chanyeol made puppy eyes.

"Please forgive me." He begged his lips pouting.
Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and smiled.

"Okay, fine, but never again."

"Okay."
There heads were already so close. Chanyeol decided to make a move to kiss his heart shaped lips when he heard a voice.

"Ew, get a room guys."

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol both backed away in annoyance.

"What now Sehun?" Chanyeol groaned.

"WELL! I met this really hot guy in dance class and I took practically 20 pictures and I'm contemplating weather or not I should use them as my wall screen."
Kyungsoo's face became furious.

"That's weird Sehun , stop that."

"I thought you hated everyone in dance class." Chanyeol recalled.

"Yeah, but he's a transfer student!"
Sehun thought dreamily.
Chanyeol suddenly relapsed something.

"Transfer student?"

"Yeah."

"You don't say..."

"What you know him? Oh my god Chanyeol I will love you forever just tell me where he lives and I-"

"Okay calm down, he was asking for directions I don't even know his name."

Sehuns expression saddened.

"Sehun, you know that's not how you get a guy, you can't just stalk him until he likes you."
Kyungsoo said while eating his food.

"Watch me!" Sehun said in determination.

Chanyeol huffed a laugh, while Kyungsoo kept a serious face.

One thing that could make him laugh was Kyungsoo's annoyed face,
and Sehun sputtering about his love life. If this wasn't friendship,
Chanyeol didn't know what was.

"Chanyeol did you do your piano homework?"
Kyungsoo had spoken up after a while.

"Huh?"
Kyungsoo eyes became bigger than they already were.

"Oh my god Chanyeol! He's gonna kill you!"
Chanyeols head suddenly started hurting all over again.
He rested his head on his palm.

"You think he'll chop my hands off?"

"Well..."

"Kyungsoo you have to let me copy your-"

"I don't take piano, for the last time. Besides, I can't read music."

"Crap."

Sehun suddenly started to choke on his food when someone walked through the cafeteria doors. Kyungsoo attention had already been taken away as well as everyone else.

"Oh... My..." Sehun couldn't speak.

"Is he-?" Kyungsoo started.

"The dance kid." Chanyeol ended.
He looked at both of them quizzically.

"Isn't he hot! I told you Kyungsoo!" Shun exclaimed childishly.
Kyungsoo's face suddenly became red.

"I don't know what your talking about!" He turned his head forward almost forcefully.
Chanyeols couldn't help but feel a little jealous. Could it be that Kyungsoo was checking the dance kid out.
No way.
They loved each other.
From the start. When Chanyeol confessed he couldn't be happier.

The dance kid began to walk in the other direction as he sat with a lot of other dance kids that Chanyeol hardly knew.
"He seems popular." Chanyeol decided.

"Ugh." Sehun scowled. "So out of my league, but what ever. I'm still running after him."

In response Kyungsoo groaned.
And then Chanyeol suddenly remembered his piano homework.

"Guys! I have to go to the library to get a music notebook, so see you after school!" He was already running out the cafeteria doors.

The library was surprisingly empty so Chanyeol had all the free space he could get.
Looking for the book was pretty time consuming. He wondered how he was passing piano class when he could hardly read any piano at all. He was pretty good in guitar and base, but piano was always a little intimidating. It required more gentle hands, not rough hands like Chanyeols.

Suddenly their was a loud sound of books falling from the shelf in front of him. Because he was behind it he couldn't see the mess.

He was scared for a second.
Was it a ghost?
Was Chanyeol this childish?

When Chanyeol opened his mouth to ask who it was someone spoke up.

"Ahh... Kaebsong."

What? Chanyeol thought.

Suddenly more books fell.

"Kaebsoooong." Someone said in a frustrating way.
What is this why is it triggering something in Chanyeols head.

"Who is there?" He asked nervously.

The shuffling of picking up books stopped.
And the person behind the book shelf seems to freeze.
Slowly, Chanyeol removed the books on his shelf to reveal the next.
He shoved a couple of books to the side. Instead of seeing more books he saw a face. Right near his. They were nose to nose.

A small boy.
With slanted down eyes.

Chanyeol backed away from shock banging his head on the other shelf.

The boy on the other side gave him a curious smile.

"Hey aren't-"

That's when Chanyeol ran away. Far far away. He didn't care if he would get his hands chopped off.

It was him, the guy he kissed last night.

The 22 year old middle schooler.