Youngji & Jackson

Sincerely, Yours.

Jackson made quick work of picking up his rental car the moment we stepped out of the busy airport and into the parking lot. Suzy's parents had said that there was no need to do so but he had insisted that he wanted to get around without being a hinderance  to anyone during his three week stay. Still as stubborn as ever. He suggests to Suzy,

"Why don't you send your driver home? I'll drive you girls around and then at end of the night drop you off at home. I'm staying at a hotel but I want to see your parents and say hi anyway."

Suzy happily agreed but I became a bit wary. 

"Um guys, Can I take a raincheck? 

They both turned around at the same moment to look at me.

"Why?" Suzy asked, geniunely puzzled. 

Jackson was silent but the same question clouded his eyes.

"My car is in your driveway Suzy, and the company is depending on me to have the complete choreography for Finesse's title song by tomorrow so that I can start teaching the boys asap." 

"WHAT? your choreography was CHOSEN??!" she all but shouted as she grabbed unto my hands and started bouncing up and down.

I wince as my heels aren't exactly made for jumping and send a look Jackson's way, asking for his assistance.

He smiles and if eyes could really twinkle...his just did...with satisfaction. I stiffle a groan. No help there. 

"This calls for a celebration, so no arguing with us, Youngji. First stop, the coffee shop cause I in dire need of caffeine and then Bulgoggi for all of us, my treat."

She squeals with happiness once more and heads towards the passenger side of the rental car. 

I'm still in my head when I feel a warm hand grasp my shoulder. Looking toward the hand in surprise I turned to look the owner in his eyes.

"Don't worry, you'll get home at an acceptable time and I'll make sure I get you there safely." He says.

In the next instant he has the back door open for me and after assuring me in, tells  me to fasten my seatbelt before shutting the door. 

In no time at all we make our way to a quiant coffee shop.

 

~~

 

Walking beside Suzy into the coffee shop with Youngji on the other side to her, I open up the cafe doors for them and follow them inside.

Youngji smiles and quickly says, "Why don't the two of you sit down and catch up huh? I can go get our drinks for us."

"No, Youngji, you girls sit down and I will go get us our drinks." 

She looks like she just sighed in defeat and I fight back a laugh. This girl has not changed. Stubborn as ever.

"Carmel Macchiato for you, Suzy?" I ask. Very sure of my answer because she's told me a few times over the years. 

"No, Opp..." She catches herself and blushes then continues,

"I mean Jackson. I want a Tiramitsu Latte. It's new on the menu. I like trying new things. Same old same old gets rather boring."

I'm momentarily perplexed because over thousands of emails but only a limited number of phone calls, she has never mentioned this habit. 

Then again...we can't always cover everything.  I nod in understanding. "That's true. What about you, Youngji?" 

"Youngji always gets the Car..." but before Suzy finishes chiming in,  Youngji cuts Suzy off.

"On the days before the big meetings and everything else that it entails, I always get the Americano." she says.

"You do?!" Suzy exclaims in surprise. ""Oh my...there is a God. Daebak!" She looks so cute, I can't help but reach over and ruffle her hair a bit as if she is still a kid. 

Youngji snorts in mock disgust. "Yah, why is it so surprising to you?" she asks Suzy.

OK. That's my cue to go get the caffeine. I walk away from the conversation and toward the ordering line and register with a shake of my head and a goofy grin.