Youngji

Sincerely, Yours.

Just as I get in the dance studio from a staff meeting, I check my phone that I've put on silent and sure enough I have eight text messages and two missed calls from Jackson. About two texts are from Suzy along with one missed call. 

At the thought of Suzy, I feel heartsick. I wish I could turn off my emotions for the sake of her happiness but I've been doing it for so long, I know from personal experience that it does not work. I actually woke up feeling all kinds of guilty this morning which led to an agrument between Jackson and I when he called to wish me a good morning.

I didn't mean to make him mad. I just suggested that he hold off on telling Suzy about the new development between us until a more proper time. He hung up on me after we hashed out a few words...and well, I didn't feel like answering when he called me 30 minutes later. After which, I got here and went straight to work. Since Suzy's phone call was the newest I didn't bother to read her text. Instead I call her. Anxiety fills me at the thought of Jackson letting the cat out of the bag this early on.

When she picks up on the second ring, I inject false pompousness in my voice and say,

"Bae Suzy, what's so important that you'd interrupt my busy work day?"

"Girl, I just got you a date tomorrow night. Thank me with chicken and beer later  when I come over so we can plan your look and outfit."

I'm dumbfounded.

"What?" I manage.

Suzy giggles at the other end of the line.

"His name is Song Mino and he's a really really nice guy...Handsome to the boot too! If I wasn't so crazy about Jackson already, I'd definitely give him a chance but don't quote me on that! You'll love him. It took me only five minutes to feel as I've known him forever. He actually reminds me so much of Jackson, it's weird. I gave him your address and so tomorrow, he'll come pick you up, then you both will meet Jackson and I at that new popular Japanese Place downtown, we can even go to the Karoake bar afterwards."

"Suzy. Slow. Down. I haven't agreed to anything."

I know that I'm hiding something from her but I can't help feeling offended that she would do something like this without my consent and permission. Sometimes, Suzy has a knack to make me feel as though I'm  a charity case.

"Please, Youngji, it will be fun.Not all the guys I introduce to you are bad and something tells me that Mino will be good for you."

My head starts to pound.

"Jackson says it will be good for you to be out and about once in a while too and that he plans to do something about soon."

I swallow, my throat suddenly feeling parched and dry.

"He did?" 

"Yeah. Earlier when I saw him but he also said he was meeting a former classmate who studied for a few years in HK tonight, so he left rather quickly."

"I see."

"So will you do it? Pretty please?"

"Alright."

"Oh my gosh, you are the best! I will talk to you later!"

See? Total Charity case. the intricate bangle on my wrist I can't help but feel a bit of resentment towards Jackson for saying what he did to Suzy, even though I know that the resentment is totally unreasonable.