Youngji

Sincerely, Yours.

It's after school and arriving to Suzy's house to practice our dance routine for the middle school special, we both head to her room. Once inside, she hangs her jacket and sits down to check her email because our teacher told us to be on the look out for an email of our performance schedules.  Sitting down upon her bed I pull my bookbag open and start rummaging through it for a snack. I'm starved. 

I'm almost startled out of my hunger when I hear Suzy let out a groan of frustration. 

"Are you okay?" I ask.

She sighs. 

"Yeah. I guess. I'm just tired of recieving emails from Jackson. It's like he doesn't know when to stop. He's only been gone for a week after all."

"Well, have you ever replied to him?"  I ask curiously. A worried feeling in my gut.

"He knows I'm too busy to reply."

I hesitate. "Suzy, seriously. He considers you his best friend.I think you should start replying back to him."

"Yah, Heo Youngji. He's a boy. He'll forget in a few days." 

"Still..."

"If you're so worried you can email him for me. Use my email and email him. It would save me a lot of work. Seriously." 

"What?! I can't do that! He asked you to keep in touch with him. You. Not me."

Suzy stuck out her lip and started her cute pouting routine. 

"Please Youngji! I'm begging you. Please just do this one thing for me...I'll never ask anything of you again."

Conflict warred within me. I knew it wasn't right, but what if Jackson was waiting?

I glanced once more at Suzy and she had her hands gripped together. "Please." she mouthed.

And I, I'm a er. I'm a er because against my better judgement, I give in.

 

And thus one email turned into two, two emails turned into 20. 20 emails turned countless emails and countless emails, into what would be my unrequinted love story.