Jackson and Suzy

Sincerely, Yours.

"Are you mad at me for setting up this double date?" Suzy asks me.

Since I did promise Youngji I wouldn't give anything away just yet, I force a smile. "Of course not, I just don't get suprised often.Doesn't necessarily imply that I'm mad at you..." 

"This new friend I made..." Suzy begins.

I laugh geniunely at her hesitance. "It's okay, I know him. I've known him for a long time. We were College roommates when he studied at my University in HK."

Suzy gives me a dumbfounded look. "Wow. What a small world."

"Isn't it?" 

She then perks up. "Actually it's great news because guess who his date is?" 

A foreboding feeling began to curl itself in the pit of my stomach.

"Who?" I ask warily.

"Guess." she is all she says.

"Suzy...."

"Jackson...."

"You know I don't like surprises..."

Suzy hypes, "Technically she's not a surprise. Well, she shouldn't be at all." 

"Suzy Bae, if you don't...." I begin but then I know I've lost her attention because while my back is toward the entrance, she sees whoever is coming in. 

"Speaking of the angel! She's here! I mean they're here...oh my she looks so beautiful tonight!" She gushes.

God give me strength, I would rather be anywhere else but here. I wonder what Youngji is doing right now and at thoughts of her I calm down enough to feign interest, but not enough to turn around.

"Mino's known to be fairly picky. He has a certain type...are you sure you know what you are doing?" I joke taking a sip of my water.

"Jackson, you've no faith in me at all, do you? I for one, think Youngji is perfect for Mino...a..."

I choke back on my water and cough.

Suzy hurries out of her seat and to my side. 

"Jackson, sweety! Are you okay?" she asks worriedly, grabbing an extra napkin just in case I needed more than the one I currently had over my coughing sputters.

"Hey man, are you okay?" Mino suddenly appears in front of us and Youngji is right beside him, looking at me with an expression of worry.

I clear my throat enough to voice, "I'm good." While my gaze is still on Youngji.

She's the first to look away but not before I see her eyes imploring mine not to blow things up, sky high.

I rein in my initial response. If this is how she wants to play it, then fine. 

 

~~~

We are now half an hour into Club NB2 and Jackson has been in a broody mood all night. He talks and laughs but barely. Honestly I'm a bit worried. Ordinarily, Jackson is never the silent broody type around his friends. He's trying to hide it but it's too obvious. Add to the fact that he's drinking too. More than his normal consumption rate. Something is on his mind and I want to know what. Thankfully, Mino gives me the perfect opportunity to ask questions when he nudges Youngji and asks,

"Care to dance?  

Youngji looks like she's about to refuse when I in and say,

"She would love to!"

I mean, I love Youngji but I seriously need to know what's up with Jackson. I'm practically in love with him and he's all but shut me out. The feeling is not good. I encourage her to get her a scootching and out to the dance floor with Mino. There must be a God because finally she lets go of the edge of the table and takes Mino's offered hand. 

I watch them walk off to the dance floor and get right to the middle of the pack when 2ne1's "I love You" starts sounding through the club. I know Youngji is uncomfortable to a point but music always helps loosen her up and sure enough when the song hits chorus a second time around she's owning the dancefloor with Mino appreciating the view while trying to keep in pace. 

I glance toward Jackson but he's occupied with the empty glass in front of him.

I sigh and look back toward the dancefloor with envy I can't help but feel. Mino and Youngji are now jammin on the dancefloor to EXO-K's "Overdose" and enjoying the hell out of it. I laugh out loud when I see Youngji use Mino's head as a drum in which she beats upon with him on his knees. Yep. Match made in heaven if you ask me. 

Back to the matter at hand. Jackson.

"Yah, what is wrong with you? Take me dancing." I say cutely when I turn back to him. "Please." I add.

Jackson smirks and takes my hand. "I'm sorry. Let's dance, huh?" 

We make to stand up when the DJ stops the music and announces. "Tonight only. There has been a special request made by a Lee Hwan Su for a slow song to be played and that song is "I have a Lover" by Lee Eun Mi. This is the first and last time I'm doing it so ya'll on the dancefloor, enjoy this slow dance."

I'm so happy. A chance to hold Jackson close. Grabbing him by the hand I lead us to the dancefloor. When we reach it, we catch no sign of Mino and Youngji at the edges so I plow to the middle of the crowd and what I see makes me gasp in first surprise. Mino has Youngji's face tilted up toward him by his index and thumb. He then leans in to kiss her on the lips. It's just a quick kiss but the shock on Youngji's face when he pulls away breaks my heart. Poor girl, should have had someone to kiss her long before this. 

"Oh  my gawd. Oh my gawd." I chant.

Youngji breaks away then with a look of shock and turns away from Mino, fists at her side...which has me worried and she would have crashed into me if Jackson hadn't pulled me back against him and then around to face him...then he does something that knocks the breath out of me. He kisses me. Jackson actually kisses me.  

Suzy Bae of his own free will.

What was I so worried about, again?