Jackson

Sincerely, Yours.

 I need to feel the wind in my face tonight so I contact some people who owes my family favors and within an hour or two,  a motorcycle  is parked right next to my rental outside of the hotel in which I reside. Wasting no time, I open up my closet door and roll out my luggage. Placing it on my bed I the the zipper of a small inner compartment and take out the little chinese silk trinket bag that I know is there. I finger the silk and then check on the item inside.

It is my mom's 14 karat Yellow Gold Jade Link bracelet. I may need to see if I can get it resized but since my older brother is the owner of an up and coming jewlery business making it's rounds all over Asia, I have developed a natural tendency to know the diameters of a females wrist by just looking.

It should fit fine but if not, I can tweak the small issues later.

Pulling on my worn leather jacket I put the bracelet back into it's bag and stuff it into the jacket's inner pocket.

 I check my watch and grab two helmets and jam my key into my back pocket.  

Next, I head to a ladies department store. I have an hour and half to spare and I'm sure that Youngji will not appreciate having her girlybits shown while riding the bike. She was a beauty today, that's for sure. It was a struggle trying to keep my eyes off her and my need to reach out and touch her was overwhelming to say the least.

Speaking of which, I take out my cell and scroll down until I see her name and number. Hitting some buttons I change the user name and  set it on my speedial at number one, then I press the digit and quickly shoot her a text.

Me: Babe, what size do you wear?

Then I wait. Just as I'm about to get annoyed...

Babe: Who's your babe? Wrong woman.

Really? I close my eyes. Fighting irritation.

Me: BABE...Answer. The. ?.

Babe:Yah! What is wrong with you, Wang Jackson?!

Me: Fine. I pick. U wear.

Too frustrated with the recent turn of events and her unspoken denials, I ignore any further texts and stuff my phone away.

Thank god I had the smarts to ask for their cellphone numbers when I first got here. Times now were different. Not like in our childhood where just emails,landline phones and prepaid phones were sufficient.

Thirty minutes later, armed with a feminine black tee, a killer leather jacket, faded jeans, boot socks and a pair of woman's boots, I stuff them all into a knapsack and swing it unto my back. No time to worry about my masculinity now.

Time to go pick up my girl and take her on the ride of her life. 

~~~

Thankfully she's where I ask her to be when I reach it.

She eyes me suspiciously but doesn't say anything.

I glance around while I take the knapsack from my back and hand it over to her.

"Jack..."

I cut her off.

"Everything you will need is in there. If that door over there leads to an vacant office space, go in, lock the door and change."

She gives me an irritated look but grudgingly takes the bag from me and does as she is told. 

Once she enters the unused room, closes the door and locks it, I let out the breath of relief that I didn't know I was holding back all this time. 

I scrub both hands over my wary eyes then link them together to loop over my head and behind my neck. I look up toward the ceiling of the church and finally something inside of me settles.

Cracking my neck muscles to ease them I look toward the front of the santuary. All the candles are still burning but I spy an unlit one. I walk up to it, take the burning candle to the right of it, and press the fire unto the unburned wick until it too, catches fire. Then putting the resource fire back into it's place, focusing on the burning flame it just helped create, I close my eyes and I pray.

When I finally open my eyes, she's beside me with her palms together and her eyes closed. 

She's pulled her hair back into a sleek ponytail but her side swept bangs still lay soft and wispy against her forehead. Her mascara darkened lashes dance in the candle light upon her delicate eyelids. My eyes follow the slender slope of what is exposed of her forehead, down her nose and farther down to rest on her lips. 

Pink and kissable comes to mind.

....but definitely not in the church at this very moment. I remind myself.

 

~~~

We shoot the breeze and ride the night away. The feel of her arms around my waist and her front melded to the warmth of my back is indescribable. The word perfect doesn't even come close. Her hold tightens around me and my heart feels full to b. When I am sure I have the perfect spot, I slow the engine down and when it comes to a stop, I kill the engine and let down the brake pedal.

It takes us a moment to pull away from one another but when we do, I take off my helmet and she takes off hers. Then she looks around into the softly lit background. 

"Seongsu Bridge?" she inquires curiously and looks around in awe.

 It's the blue hours so no cars are coming and going. We have it to ourselves for a while.

I turn around and take her helmet out of her hands. Taking both I hang them where I know we will not lose them. Then I bring my hands back behind me to gently squeeze the outer parts of her thighs in signal for her to hop off. 

Honestly speaking I fight back a grin when I hear her sharp intake of breath.

It's good to know that she's not immune to me. At first I couldn't help but wonder if the situation was some sort of joke that the girls were pulling on me for fun.

In the next moment she couldn't get down fast enough and would have fallen if my reflexes had not been fast enough.

 I was already off the bike with my arms around her waist. "Woah, babe. Careful."

She looks up at me and her face flushes with embarrassment. I help her straighten up but I can't look away from those big eyes.

Just like that, looking into them, all the questions I have in my head rush to the tip of my tongue but knowing that she is overwhelmed and confused, I decide to ask just one.

"Why?"

Call me sick but I get some satisfaction as I watch realization slowly dawn across her unforgettable features. 

She knows, I know.