Jackson and Youngji

Sincerely, Yours.

"My dad says that Jackson is coming to visit in the next two weeks." Suzy tells me and I can tell by the lilt in her voice that although she tries to act aloof about it she's a bit excited.

Ofcourse, I already knew that but then Suzy had thought just a few emails would satisfy Jackson.  Quite the contrary. After some time passed of me going to her house to send emails out to Jackson everyday, out of the blue she told me that she wasn't going to be using her email anymore and that she had already made a new one because an upper classmen had expressed interest in her and she excitedly stated she wanted a new and cool email address so that they could keep in touch. I don't think she knows that I still kept in touch with Jackson through her old email. I tried to let go, trust me but after weeks of not responding to Jackson's emails, his parents had called Suzy's  and said that he fell sick and was being hospitalized. After that, feeling like the worse kind of person, I started emailing him again... under Suzy's old email and we haven't stopped emailing each other since.

My thoughts are interrupted when she states,

"Honestly, I'm excited. It's been a long time and well I've been feeling as if I need a distraction from my breakup with Kim Soo Hyun."  

Oh boy. I'm so in trouble. 

~~~

It's been years but once I step off the plane, childhood memories flood my 24 year old soul. It's as if I had never left. The gently spring breeze still feels the same against my face. The airport is just as busy as ever and as I step closer out of the gates I can barely contain my happiness and excitement. I kept my promise and wrote her every day for what's been almost a decade and both of us enjoyed every moment of it like I knew we would.It took some adjusting but we did it. I don't know what I did to deserve her but swear to God, I'm so thankful. All those years ago, starting the week that she finally decided to email me back. As teenagers, yes it was a bit awkward but as time and years passed by, sharing and being a part of each others lives through emailed letters became second only to breathing. I know what made the grown up Suzy happy, what made her sad, when she was worried. I know her favorite movie and her favorite book (in which we both made sure to read once a year, every year that we were apart.) I know her favorite food. Her dreams. Her fears. It was an amazing process. One that I would not trade for anything in the world. It's as if we never left one another. 

I walk through the gate and toward the package claim area. It is where Suzy said she and Youngji would be waiting for me. 

Before I reach the assigned baggage claim courasel and spy two rather lovely women to the side, looking nervous. One is in a knee length yellow colored babydoll dress and white wedged heels while the other is wearing high heeled black boots and ripped at the knee skinny jeans accompanied by a white tshirt with a chic logo underneath a trendy black blazer. Wow. 

"Jackson!" the one in yellow dress calls out nervously. 

"Suzy?" I ask just to make sure.

She laughs, a rather melodic sound. "In the flesh."

I smile foundly. "You're beautiful for someone who never allowed me to use skype with her." 

Then I take the chance to egulf her in a warm hug. 

After what seems like a lifetime I'm finally able to pull myself away, giving her a quick forehead kiss. 

Suzy smiles at me, warmth reaching her eyes. "Look at me, hogging you all to myself." She looks at me and toward the woman in the background.

"Youngji..." Suzy encourages.

Youngji steps forward and offers me a nervous smile. 

It's my turn to laugh. "You've turned into such a chic lady, I didn't recognize you, you imp." Then I take her into my arms too.

"Welcome home, Wang Jackson." she says with a gentle smile in her voice.

"It's good to be home." I reply, hugging her tighter. It was truly good to be home.