Part 3: A truth spoken before its time is dangerous

Horror school I: 7 School myths

A truth spoken before its time is dangerous:

something uttered not in its right time may bring bad consequence.

Dongwoo and the 3rd restroom

Dongwoo ambled to the restroom area at the back of the school.

Damn quiet. Cool breeze blew in the night, made leaves fall off the trees. Those leaves kept falling on his head and freaked him out all the way from the corridor to the backyard, which was really short. His steps on dried leaves also create a creepy atmosphere.

"Hell, sounds like walking on a field of drained bones~" 

Shufflling to the restroom, he carefully counted them. Yes, the third one, with a large number 3 on it. Nobody knows who has numbered them. But it is sure that they have changed these booths a few times as evidence is shown by different level dust marks on the wall, which means they bought various kinds. 

He wondered. "But why do they have to change them so often?"

"When I entered this school two years ago, they are green ones. And right at the beginning of this year they were replaced by dark blue. Even the ventilation system is redesigned constantly. What happen to these?"

He came closer to the expected lavatory. The door wan't locked like others. "I don't think the cleaning ladies here are that careless. Must be someone else."

Dongwoo imagines himself being an inspector, detecting fingerprints on the doorknob and studying every clue. But the vibration from the ventilation fan dragged him back to the reality. He slightly kicked open the door.

Creak.

And it got back it's original position. 

"Who would apply spring door hinge to a school, especially for male?"

He took out his handkerchief, placed it on the knob and turned so as not to leave his own fingerprints.

The fan kept spinning like behaving a good manner to an unexpected guess.

Sungkyu, Woohyun and the ventilation system

The two still stood outside.

"Have you known exactly the way?" 

"Absolutely. Get in, keep crawling until you meet a fork and take the left. That's all." Woohyun was as sure as eggs were eggs.

"It's a long time I haven't been around this area. Should we get in now?"

"You waste our time! Let me go first!" Woohyun pushed Sungkyu aside, lifted the blind cover and crept in. The hole was about a meter square, which was easy to move inside without any difficulty.

 Woohyun the flashlight. It was pretty clean in there. The metallic way shone in his eyes. Aluminium covered way. Sharp edges. Screws and nails.

"Hyung-ah, there are handles here!" 

Sungkyu quickly followed his fellow, climbed up the way then put the blind in the right place. "Be careful, you don't want your shirt clinging to the screw. Urgh, why are they so rusty!"

The two climbed up about 3 meters, they met a turn to the horizontal way.

"Woohyun-ah, do you feel any weirdness here?"

"What do you mean?"

Myungsoo, basketball field

Myungsoo climbed up the stairs to reach his place. It was on the second floor of the stadium, right below their rooftop. 

Silence. 

He had never experienced that in this place. The basket ball field is always crowded and noisy, even when the team just practices, there are usually some fangirls standing on the balcony shouting their favourite member's name. The room is remarkably stinky during game or rehearsal, as well as the locker room for players, sweaty smell! The bathroom might be the most pleasant place, as they say "It is the place we get rid of tiredness and find paradise."

Myungsoo had been here before for a small game. Just a social interaction. Then he just sat watching on the grandstand.

He was shown the way to the locker too, as they team liked him. They also revealed that players before the game had to enter the stadium by a separated way in order not to meet anybody else as their strategy could be unfolded.

 

In the night, the court smelled much better than in the day. Myungsoo didn't dare to turn the lights on because that could be seen by people in other buildings in the neighborhood. He turned the flashlight on his phone on. This place was really bigand and dark that he insisted himself to step carefully and quietly. "I wish seven of us are the only ones here tonight." He was afraid someone would stay and practice, and maybe they were still in the bathroom.

He found his way to the locker room to check.

Sungjong and the commentary box

There are two boxes in the stadium: one on the second floor, which observes the basketball court, and one on the first floor and looks at the swwimming pool. He chose to detect the one near the swimming pool first.

It wasn't locked. He slightly opened the door. Again, this door also had spring hinge. The door was about to hit his face.

"Why don't they buy the same model for all doors?"

He got in. A noise distracted him. A microphone slid from the table onto the ground.

"The electricity is still on. They cannot be so forgetful!"

He looked around.

"But...impossible. If the electricty here still works, it also works in the swimming pool area! The whole floor is run by only one circuit!"


Author's note: Hah, summer is here now and I have plenty of time to write! Hooray. 

Their adventure has begun. But it doesn't seem right...

Sorry Hoya and Sungyeol won't appear in this chapter.