Let the cat out of the bag

Horror school I: 7 School myths

Let the cat out of the bag:

inadvertently disclose a secret

Roof terrace

Sungyeol, again, lay on his favourite dirty floor on the terrace, waiting for his fellows. Highlights were put all over the newspaper he bought. While reading, he had noticed several other articles of the same author about school issues.

"Really, there is no school with so many phenomena like this place. Sangjoon High: drug addiction. Haseon Academy: student love. Janghyung Public school: bullies. And the only odd one is always Woollim High!"

He highlighted important spots as much as he could on the paper that it became dazzlingly luminous: impossible water flush in the boy washroom when nobody was in any room, lockers were opened, daily newspapers were sometimes stolen, weird hidden doodles in yearbooks,...

"Aigoo, so many! Gotta meet this author sometimes!"

Sungyeol went on the next page. It was about teenager psychology.

 

Brief lines about Schizophrenia

Schizophrenia (/ˌskɪtsɵˈfrɛniə/ or /ˌskɪtsɵˈfriːniə/) is a mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real. Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, auditory hallucinations, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and inactivity. Diagnosis is based on observed behavior and the person's reported experiences.

Genetics and early environment, as well as psychological and social processes, appear to be important contributory factors. Some recreational and prescription drugs appear to cause or worsen symptoms. The many possible combinations of symptoms have triggered debate about whether the diagnosis represents a single disorder or a number of separate syndromes. Despite the origin of the term from the Greek roots skhizein ("to split") and phrēn ("mind"), schizophrenia does not imply a "split personality", or "multiple personality disorder"—a condition with which it is often confused in public perception. Rather, the term means a "splitting of mental functions", reflecting the presentation of the illness.

These are some of typical symptoms:

Belief in something that is not true, even when confronted with proof. The most common delusions are related to persecution, grandiosity, religion, or jealousy.

 

Realistic sensory perceptions that are not actually happening

hearing a voice when no one is speaking; seeing something when nothing is there

Auditory hallucinations are most common, although hallucinations can happen in any sense (i.e., sight, taste, smell, touch, sound). Common auditory hallucinations include:

Audible Thoughts: Hearing your thoughts spoken out loud as you think them.

Voices Arguing or Discussing: Hearing two or more voices discussing or arguing with each other.

Voices Commenting: Hearing one or more voices commenting on your behaviour, thoughts, speech, appearance, etc. Generally, the voices are experienced as intrusive, abusive and critical.

Voices Commanding: Hearing one or more voices instructing you to carry out specific demands. The voices may instruct you to do things you usually would not do or to say things you usually would not say.

Disorganized thinking/speech: Disordered thinking is usually inferred from how someone speaks. His or her speech is tangential, moving loosely from topic to topic with no clear connection between subjects. Speech itself can be difficult to understand and may even be completely incoherent.

Abnormal motor behaviour: Motor behaviour may take on many different forms, including inappropriate silliness, extreme agitation, stereotyped and repetitive movements, or maintaining a completely rigid posture (i.e., catatonic behaviour). Behaviours can range from mildly socially inappropriate to very disruptive, and may even be threatening in response to hallucinations or part of a delusion. Self-grooming and self-care may also be compromised.

Negative symptoms: The absence of something that is typically present. This can include decreased emotional expression (i.e., lack of eye contact, monotone voice, lack of facial/hand movements that imply emotion), diminished involvement in goal-directed activities (e.g., work, school, hobby), and loss of speech, pleasure, and interest in social interaction.

Schizophrenia usually develops gradually over the course of several years. A person with schizophrenia will often have negative symptoms for a few years before other symptoms emerge.

 

Finished reading the syndromes, he tore the page scrunched it into a ball and threw it away in utter bitterness. "Heck, why does someone put this right at this hot time!"

"Desperate diseases must have desperate remedies. But the remedies may be worse than the disease. Grin and bear it, boy! Til you regret..."

"Yeollie! Why are you gathering us here in this dirty rooftop?" Woohyun threw his bag on the floor.

"Look at these!" Sungyeol showed the holy-highlight-everywhere paper-with-a-flashy-fluorescent-yellow-that-could-hurt-your-eyes-once-and-forever about Woollim's article.

"Jjinja hyung? You spent the whole afternoon break and after school free time just to do this?" Myungsoo stepped back and covered his eyes bacause of the impact of glittering yellow color.

"Do you guys wanna explore our school for a night?" Sungyeol excitedly suggested. "I wanna prove that this author is totally serious and he doesn't joke at all!"

"Oh come on! Yeollie hyung is always obsessed with our school horror rumors." Myungsoo patted Sungyeol on the shoulders. "Hyung-ah, everybody knows how much that guy loathes our school! He always makes up stories as if he really experienced it."

"But I do think our school...is haunted..." Hoya spoke up. "All of us know the story about the third room in the boy's restroom in front of the football field."

"See, Hoya does agree with me!"

"But I didn't say that I encountered!"

Hoya's sentence surely let Sungyeol down for a while.

 

"Hey chingu, if we wanna confirm those rumors, why don't we try? What about...making a trip through this place for a night? I think Sungyeol isn't wrong." Woohyun recommended.

"Yeah, Woohyun hyung spoke my mind! Let's divide into 3 teams and start this game! I'm just been at this school for 3 months!" The maknae was always waiting for some times he could prove his fearlessness.

The only one had kept silent was Dongwoo. His mouth dropped when he heard about others' plan.

 

"Hyung-ah, do you see Sungkyu hyung anywhere?" Sungjong's question gave others the shiver. It was 6 o'clock in the afternoon and the sun was about to set. Sungyeol spent his time on the rooftop the whole afternoon. Hoya stayed with his team. Dongwoo was with other students to practice performances for the Science festival. Myungsoo went around to get along with other students and ex-visuals.Woohyun discussed with schoollies about current school issues, which was the controversial paper. But Sungkyu was no where to be seen. He wasn't in the Chemical group, as well as the vocal performers. So where did he go?

 

After half an hour of wait, Sungkyu appeared at the rooftop with soaked cuffs and his phone on the hand.

"Where have you been?"

Sungkyu didn't reply but "Shhh" for silence and beckoned others. 6 boys assembled with no idea in their mind about what their leader had een doin gor going.

"I was at the theater, talking with Ms.Ahn-the Music teacher." He started portarying.

"Yes."

"She still considers choosing me to be in the choir."

"So what?"

"I deny because...."

"Argh can you talk about the main point please?" Sungjong got crossed hearing a nonsense story.

"Then I went to the restroom by the football pitch, because it's the nearest I could get to."

Sungyeol appeared to be extremely excited.

"There was nobody because it was nearly 6 already. But thoose rooms weren't locked yet."

"That was weird, they always lock them at half past five!" Hoya was in the football team, so he knows areas around the pitch very well.

"Moreover, in the third room, I felt wind blowing." He stopped a while, sipped his saliva. "But at that moment there was totally no wind! I got closer to it. The ventilation fan was still working. The closer I came nearer, the faster it spun. Suddenly, the pipe near the sinks broke into pieces when I WAS THE ONLY ONE THERE!"

 

The seven were in dead silence after hearing Sungkyu's incident, especially Dongwoo, who looked acutely anxious.