Better late than never

Horror school I: 7 School myths

Better late than never:

It is better to do something late than not do it at all.

 

It has been a month since Sungjong was brought to the hospital, or in his view, the madhouse.

A month after that horrible night, Woollim High School officially closed, after a short operation by the Vice Principal, who knew nothing about the evil Principal's scheme. He couldn't run the school well, as two-thirds of the student withdrew. Facing big financial and social problem, the school had no chance to exist. They destroyed the building and sold the land, finally.

 

Reading all of these on newspaper, Sungjong smirks as he runs through the articles. It (the school) shouldn't have ever happened.

He leaves his room. It is so boring and frustrating being locked up in the hospital and having inner feelings that shouldn't be revealed. He feels hopeless. They won't let him go until he spits a bit of the story to them, but he wouldn't ever do that. It's not my fault. I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. 

He looks around. Nobody is there. Good, a chance to sneak out. He finds his way to the yard, which is not a very interesting place, as patients are usually locked up in the rooms or released to the yard for one or two hours under control of a nurse or somebody. He sits down on a bench, inhaling fresh air and grass scent that he longs forever.

 

"So that is the story of my life!" a woman says.

"Your children are so apathetic to you!" a boy says.

 

 That voice shocks him. Sungjong turns around. He can't believe in his eyes when he sees the owner of the voice. That unforgettable height!

 

"That's the end of my working day now. I have to leave or else the manager would lecture me for an hour." The boy says.

"See you tomorrow!" The woman says goodbye to him.

 

A tall boy was talking to an old woman. He is wearing a uniform shirt of the hospital with a cap which partly covers his face. Sungjong is about to run after the boy but he saw the sign NO RUNNING on the wall, so he slows to a stop by the woman,

"Excuse me?" he says. "Who is that boy that was talking to you the whole time?"

"He is just a volunteer worker here. He's earning credits for college. Who are you?" she asked in hesitation.

"Never mind. Thank you very much!"

He walks away leaving the woman really confused. Why is he here? Appearing in public at this time? Is he mad? 

 

That boy looks exactly like Jung Daeryong.

 

(Story ends)


Author's corner

Whoa! The story is done! YAY!

I had a great time writing and I hope you had fun (and goose bumps!) reading. I know that some of you may have questions about what's going on or why somebody ends up like this and what happened to them. I understand because I'm confused about my story too. I paused writing for a long time and when wrote again I didn't write in order, so in the original timeline, there wasn't chapter 17 and 19 and I started 18 before 16 and 20 is done before 19. So the ending is really complicated.

Please comment your questions or message me if you don't want others to know your question.

I'll put my responses on as a final chapter.

Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to your reaction