Part 4: When there is no work, there is no dignity

Horror school I: 7 School myths

When there is no work, there is no dignity.

- Pope Francis -

Dongwo and the 3rd restroom

'Something' impressed him was the ventilation way in the room. It flashed slightly but constantly.

"Why didn't I notice right at very first moments?"

He left his location and reached the way. The fan was still spining. "Is there electricity now?" Its fan blades did block his sight, but he could still see exactly what was there in the way.

A phone. .

"Hell! SOMEBODY MUST HAVE KNOWN ABOUT OUR PLAN!"

It was playing a video track and set to replay many times. Looked like many different records had been trimmed and mixed as time and scenes changed rapidly. Dongwoo's jaw dropped when he realized the main character was nobody else...but him. And one more that he could never expect.

 

(Video cut #1)

A/N: Dongwoo's speech is in green.

"Announcement! Anouncement! Please listen carefully students and teachers!" The school visual's voice sounded all around the school. "The vote for club leaders will be closed at 4PM today! Anybody that hasn't made their choice, please be quick to put the ticket. Remember, both teachers and students are allowed to vote! The result is revealing tomorrow at 10AM.

At the moment, the greatest rivalry belongs to Jang Dongwoo from class 11B and Jung Soryong from class 11A for Chemistry club leader! I can't tell how many tickets each of them earn, but we're sure that this is the most difficult contest ever! Let's wait for tomorrow!"

 

"Woah! This is a true championship!"

"I'm so nervous to see who is gonna be the winner!"

"Both of them are experts."

"By the way, will teachers decide by the number of votes or by their real power?"

 

Dongwoo walked through the locker hall and heard all of those comments. His heart was full of expectations to be the champion in this severe contest.

"Hey ya! How is it going?" Sungkyu greeted him.

"Great dude!"

"Are you sure that you're gonna win?" Woohyun also appeared.

"Of course! With YOUR help, I'm absolutely winning!" 

The conversation suddenly stopped and Sungkyu and Woohyun quickly hid away. No wonder! Soryong was coming on his way.

"Ah uhm, hi Dongwoo!" Soryong tried to put his hand out to shake Dongwoo's but he changed his mind. 

"I don't think it's the right time now to meet and embrace!"

"Hey wait, you don't have to be so fussy! It is just a vote."

"But it is important to me!"

"Dongwoo-ah, I hope we're still friends after this, because..."

"I don't know yet!"

"..." Soryong's face did changed. "What do you mean by saying that?"

"I don't know if the judge decide by the votes or they will choose themselves, but if they choose by the votes, I definitely win right when they opened the box! See me! The majority of students chose me, while most teachers and nerds vote for you. Majority always wins minority, right?"

Soryong's face then was totally dumbfounded. Dongwoo enventually left the scene.

 

(Video cut #2)

Soryong wandered around the corridor and spotted Dongwoo in the teachers' office. Then he stepped out of the office with a very happy face.

 

(Video cut #3)

"Everybody listen listen! Here is the result of the dead competition between future leaders! Please allow me to reveal the leader of Chemistry club first since this battle is so conversial. Yes, the name is ... Jang Dongwoo! Congratulations!..."

Sitting in the class, Soryong froze completely as he heard the decision.

"This can't be true! All my efforts are now gone!!! But wait, what did he mean when he said 'controversial'?"

 

(Video cut #4)

"Dongwoo-ah!" Soryong called in the middle of the locker hall. Dongwoo was about to ignore but he couldn't. He didn't want to be call arrogant.

"What?"

"A day before the decision, I saw you in the teachers' office. What happened there?"

"Did I mention about their method to choose?"

"I hope yes."

"Well, I had a speech with them cause I wanna know how are they gonna choose when the imbalance of the votes is too high..."

"Wait, so the visual told a lie?"

"Of course. How could he reveal that there are only two contestant for this position! I met some judges and they actually decided by the power, not the votes. But pabo Soryong! Just ask yourself, this contest is to choose the leader, which means to lead other students, so this person must have some popularity in the community right? How can a person only agreed by teachers can rule such a mess like that!" Dongwoo patted on Soryong's back. "I'm sure that my skills are greatly proper in schools than your performing tricks! Remember, this conversation should be strictly confidential! If not, your real identity is gonna be in public too! Does that sound tasty to you?"

One more time, Dongwoo's explanation made Soryong's blood boiled.

(End of video tracks. The scenes kept replaying.)

 

 

"Who the hell did this?" Dongwoo used all his endurance left to shout his throat out. "Who wimp dared to do this? Get out here! Immediately! How can this be exposed?"

Dongwoo tried to reach the fan to take that damn phone out. But the problem was: the phone was behind the fan, there was no way to reach it with the existence of the spinning fan. After a minute of giving up, he took a look again at the fan. The moving image just provoked him too much. 

Finally he found out that there was a tiny space between the fan blade and the boundary of the way.

"At least there is a short distance. OK, just put my hand through it and everything will become seccret again. Calm down. I'll find that person later."

Taking a deep breath, he poked his hand out, leaned it against the way and came closer to the fan. "A bit more. Just a little but more!"

Yeah, everything was on its right track. But think, human arms are never flat and in same diameter...

When his hand was just about 20 cm from the phone, his elbow bone started to become closer to the fan.

Closer...

Closer...

Until the blade actually touch his. Not touch, but really struck...and cut...

Despite the bloodline coming out, he still struggled to reach the phone. "My secret. Can...never...let it...go..." The cut quickly got bigger and more extreme. He could hardly feel his hand anymore. Numbness not only attacked his arm but also the shoulder. "A bit more. A little bit more! I'm really near to it!" He could feel his liagment started to tear. And later broke down. His blood didn't come out in lines anymore. It looked more like a pond. As the fan kept spinning, his cut got worse and worse.

 

The leader of Chemistry club found himself lying on the watery floor of the washroom in a pool of blood, his hand holding the phone (turned off).

 

But the culprit was not Jung Soryong since he was found suicided a year ago.


A/N: Next: Sungkyu and Woohyun. Prepare your bravery for next chapters! More stories are gonna be revealed.