Chickens come home to roost

Horror school I: 7 School myths

Chickens come home to roost:

Bad or embarrassing things done in the past by someone are now causing problems for that person.

A/N: This chapter is colorful. I'm sorry if you are dizzy.

Hoya and his way to the football field

Everything appeared to be blurred and unclear. His sight became much shorter and darker. Hoya constantly rubbed his eye for a better view, but each time he touched his eye, tears just fell like stream. "Should stop it right now! I don't want my eyes to redden and get infected." But keeping his hand still was definitely a hard job cause he just raised it up and then realized what he had said and put it down. "All right, Hoya-ah, put your hand in the pocket and make a fist!" His legs walked straight forward to the football field on the only way from the locker hall to anywhere outside of the building.

 

Footsteps sound sounded all the way. That totally get him goose bumps.

*Klok Klok klok klok*

His senses got sensitive like bats. He could heard clearly his heartbeats and fell his blood pumping through veins. He could feel his neurons sending too many messages that his brain might explode right away. But then something disturbed his ears.

 

His heart beat harder as he heard footsteps. But not his.

"Any of those 6 followed me?" He turned back. 

Nobody.

"Dongwoo-ah? Are you finding me? Sungjong? Myungsoo?" He tried to say loudly but his throat just shrink and didn't let out any word. "Sungkyu hyung?"

The footsteps got heavier và louder.

Like that person was coming near to him!

 

His eyes suddenly widely opened. The sound didn't repeat one after another like other footsteps. Like that person had something with the feet. 

Hoya stopped right at where his feet were. His head turned back.

 

A/N: Hoya's speech is in blue.

"I don't know you are really here, chingu!"

"Ah~ I didn't expect to be revealed so soon like this!" A laugh appeared.

"I can feel your footsteps different from others. Why are you here? Wanna distract our game?" Hoya started to raise his voice.

"I knew all about your plan! No need to distract you!"

"How do you know all those information? And why are you here?"

"Saw your locker opened? It was me! And why am I here? Do you need to know?"

"Ah~ so it's you thief! No wonder I couldn't find my map. I ask you one more time: what is your purpose to appear here?"

"Our deal a year ago brought me here!"

"Ha! See what this fool is talking! Who broke it first? It is you, not me!"

"What a jerk! You don't even know what you've done? Do you realize how many people have flopped because of you? And now you say I did break your contract?" The tension between two people started to be intense and serious. It wasn't a simple conversation anymore. It became a battle of dignity.

"What kind of person are you? Everything is past now? By the way, our deal ended last year! I have told already!"

"What did you say? Since last year?"

"Oh come on! Dead person cannot be alive again right?" Finished his sentence, Hoya's eyes widened as that person rushed to his position and he felt something sharp in his stomach.

[Flashback 1]

A/N: Flashbacks are in author's POV, brown speeches are the coach's.

"I'm here, coach!" Jung Soryong appeared at the football field. "Why do you call me here?" 

Soryong was a trainee in the football club in grade 10. But when the 11th year came, he left the crew with no specific reason, which made the whole team lose a talented player.

"Ah Soryong! I'm so glad you are here! I have an important mission for you."

"What is it? Don't tell me it relates to football, please!"

"It does!"

"What?" His frowned in confusion. "But...but I have left the team! It has been a semester since then! How can I..."

"Young man, you haven't even heard the whole mission!" The coach placed both of his hands on Soryong's shoulders but that didn't make him calm down or anything. "The match between our school and Dongim Academy is happening tomorrow evening. You want you to get back the official team."

"But wait...the team is short of players? Why didn't you pick some from the trainees but me?"

"Those trainees are too weak to be compared with Dongim players. And an unfortunate news for you: Changsoon, Kyungsik and Baejin got injured during yesterday practice."

"How come! What is happening here?"

"That's why you're chosen. I'll try to pick some minor players to add in the team." The coach just said so and left. "Remember to appear at the field at 4PM to practice!"

Soryong stood there, dumbfounded. Get back with football, right at this time? "And why would he chose me but not all the trainees?" And what about those two? Got injured right beofre the match? Or they were trying to leave the game?

"But I have to get back anyway. That coach won't let me free if I don't join."

 

[Flashback 2]

The match happened at the City stadium. Because it started at 8PM, very few students came to the stadium but at least, many city dwellers came to cheer both teams.

"Here we come to strongest teams of the high school team collection!" Said the commentor. "Please give me 2 minutes to give out players name. One Woollim High's side: we have Lee Hongjun, Kang Seokjung, Bae Daekwang, Kim Jinheon,  Jung Soryong, Ahn Risoon, Park Yooha, Jeon HaeCheol, Bang Youngrim, No Siyoung and Nam Janghee. In Dongim's team, there are Yoon Jungwoo, Park Jiha, Kim Kisoo, Lee Hoya, Yoo Hayong, Jo Kwonsun, Song Jaewook, Tae Hwanggeom, Lee Donghoon, Nam Yoonae, Nam Yoonjin and Park Sookim. Let's have two leaders shake please, Jinheon and Jaewook! Let's have the match begin! Give us a great applause, spectators!"

 

(After 90 minutes)

"Yes, the referee blew his horn to stop the game. The score in now 3 for Woollim and 4 for Dongim! Congratulations, Dongim players..."

 

(On Woollim's side)

The coach just stood there holding his head like he didn't believe what had happened.

"Why? Why WHY? Why did all of you miss so many chances to score a goal?"

"Calm you sir, at least we have 3 scores." Risoon stood closer to the coach so as to comfort him but his attitude got even worse.

"Only 3? We need at least 2 more to win them!"

"But didn't you see how hard did we try?" Hongjun showed his anger with the coach. Directly. "Jinheon scored one and Soryong two! Don't you underrate us like that!"

"Yeah! Soryong left for straight 6 months and now he comes back like a dragon."

"You should thank him instead, not scold us like this!"

"Every game must have a winner and a loser. We don't win this time, but we have many more chances."

"Guys SHUT UP!" The coach shouted his throat out and left the area with his hands holding tight. "All of you are useless!"

"Why don't you scold your best three players that are irresponsiblly absent today but us?"

 

"Don't be sad, Soryong!" HaeCheol tapped his shoulders. "He's like that."

"At least we have 3 scores."

"I wonder how that Hoya-goon could score all 4 goals. Amazing!"

"He is only in grade 10!"

"Impressive!"

 

[Flashback 3] (Hoya's POV)

I headed straight to the field after school. Though we won against Woollim High, there would be one final match with Cube High before the end of schoolyear. Their players were really aggressive, so this game was gonna be tough. Our leader spread the annoucement of early training this morning, right after our victorious night.

Or actually MY victorious night.

 

"Yah, Hoya! Be quickly. It will start in 5 minutes. Change your clothes." Jaewook (the leader)'s shout sounded all the field.

"Neh hyung!" 

"And why haven't our slave been here yet?" The leader ground his teeth, made unpleasant creepy noise.

"Maybe he had extra class. You know there are many classes stay late to revise for the upcoming final exams."

"How the hell that nerd can be our servant!"

"At least he is a undervalued chemist. You guys haven't seen him blow up the Chemistry lab!" 

The whole team burst into laughter. Hoya came back in the very moment and didn't know what was going on.

"Ah, here you are! Our prodigy! Let's start now!"

 

"What kind of prodigy are you, huh? The kind of beguiling genius!" An unexpected person arrived at the field and made such a 'thrilling' quote that every player had to pay attention to him.

"You're finally here! Jung Daeryong!"

"Stop calling my full name, Song Jaewook!"

"You're good at conversing!"

"Why are you so late? And slow us down!"

"Is it your fault or mine? I'm studying till death because of the final exams! 

"So you're not preparing to explode somewhere else?" Like a routine, the team were likely to roar with laughter whenever Jungwoo opens his mouth.

"Ok, that' enough! What about cutting the grass at the field? You've postponed your mission for a week!"

"Aish, OK, because all of you are not in the top students! And if you guys want me to do it now, how can I do when you guys are running all around the  pitch?!"

"Really, I rather have no slave than having one like you! And I don't understand how could you lose that wager and become our serf."

"Now you're bored of me!"

"Shut up your mouth. Now sit in your position. I may call you when the practice is done."

"By the way, buy some water for us! There isn't any water left in the locker room."

Daeryong turned away.

 

"Stop pretending like you guys are all experts." Daeryong mumbled in his mouth.

"You said what?"

"If you are wunderkinds, you should believe in your amazing ability, right?"

"What do you mean?"

"If you do, why do you have to fix last night match! See! You guys are truly underrated conmen!"

 

"Damn, how could he know about that?"

"Who disclose it to him?"

"Are you mad? Telling it to anybody else is the same as sentence ourselves."

"So how can he know?"

"What are we gonna do, guys?"

"What if he gives it away? We're gonna be in extreme trouble!"

"Arh~ he is our slave, no wonder! He has to be here every time we call, so maybe he could know our plan."

 

"Hah, you 'bosses' now are trembling because of a slave's exposé!" Daeryong could finally laugh like what they did.

"Don't think that can make us shiver forever, Daeryong-ah!" Hoya then spoke up like a underground hero. Everybody in the team and Daeryong stared at the bold boy. "You do have a thing to hide from us, right?" They looked at each other in confusion while these two people were glaring intensely. "You keep your TWIN BROTHER secret from Dongim student. And I'm sure he does the same to you. Don't try to refute! At the match yesterday, we saw a boy that looks 100% like you, even his same is also similar to you: Jung Soryong!" 

Others, who were in deep scare a minute ago, recovered after hearing what Hoya said. They gained their guts back and stood firmly on their feet. Their eyes focused on the two main people that had just dismayed each other by their confidential information.

"I don't know why two of you have to act like not having a sibling, but the way you react to this must confirm your emotion now! Your face is white all over."

Daeryong could hardly reply anything. They are that cruel to force him to hide such a scheme like that?

"What now? Have a deal? You hold our secret and we will keep yours safe?" Hoya held his hand out

 

"DEAL." Daeryong threw his hand out after a moment of hesitating. There was no other way then make a contract with these guys. He didn't want people to know about his 'other version', as the 'other version' was studying at Woollim High, the best High school in the city, while he was there in Dongim Academy, playing a two-sided game with these footballers. In fact, the twins were playing a real two-faced game with everybody: they are the most beloved magicians ever in the city-Tasty.

 

[Flashback 4] (Author's POV)

The match against Cube High occurred right in the evening that a member of Tasty caused himself an accident in a water tank and passed away. The next morning, the news spread Dongim's win all over the city, as it was the Final match between high schools and certifyied Dongim was the best team. It was also the day the schoolyear ended, students with remarkable activities would receive a reward. Of course, they players would get one for their successive year: winning all matches.

"After this," said the headmaster "is best student's part. This list includes students with high average point or winning a contest: Jeon Hwari, Jung Daeryong, Yoo Hayong,....Named students please come to the stage!"

The overseer quickly came by the headmaster and whispered in his ear. "Sir, Daeryong's classmates told me he is absent since this morning. Nobody has seen him anywhere."

"So just keep his prize. We'll send it to his house later."

 

[Flashback 5]

After the end of year ceremony in Woollim High, three pupils headed the teachers' office.

"WHAT? WHAT? ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS?" Woollim's coach shouted like he had never shouted before.

"It is true." Changsoon lowered his head to avoid the coach's eyes. "We are truly sorry."

"It is our false. We are so narrow-minded." Kyungsik added.

"Why did you guys fix that important match? With Dongim?"

"..." The three kept their mouth quiet.

"Oh my gosh! How can I report this back with the headmaster and football association?"

"I...I'm sure that...they haven't done this for the first time." Said Baejin.

"You mean you guys have fixed for many times?"

"No. Them! If you want, I can solve this out for you. Their latest game was with Cube. I know some from Cube. Maybe we can confirm if Dongim is really fake or not."

"So why didn't you guys think over again when they offered?"

 

[Flashback 6]

The story of a Woollim student's death quickly distributed, and it came to Dongim, since they had a closer-than-in-the-past relationship since their scheme. Three students confessed their wrongdoing also heated student community though the schoolyear had ended. 

Hoya sat in his room reading all those stories. He couldn't believe in his eyes that those three did admit themselves. However, Dongim's prize could be taken away and they would be scoffed by the whole city.

(Conversation through phone)

"Daeryong?"

"I'm here." Daeryong replied with a tired voice.

"Did your twin reveal our confidence and feel guilty to death?"

"SHUT UP YOUR FILTHY MOUTH!" He cried in the phone. "Do you know that he played in that match and he himself scored 2 goals! And why would he accept to play if he knew about your plan? And stop talking like you don't have any fault in this!" 

"I know your brother's death last night obsessed your mind. How did he die?"

"Do I have to tell you?"

"Ok Ok. But I have you declare this: our contract is out of date now. Actually since last night."

"You said what. Are you the leader or not?"

"I don't care. Your brother has dead, our scheme is halfly revealed. So there is nothing to keep now." And he shut off his phone. 

 

Dongim's community: Jung Daeryong-our exploding star-actually has a twin in Woollim High: Jung Soryong.

(Back to present)

"Who told you death cannot be alive again?"

Hoya stared at the sharp shiny thing that just stabbed in his stomach. And his eyes closed.

"Changing school doesn't hide your plan. Now you're doing the same at Woollim High, the place fooled by you once. Our contract ends at this moment."


A/N: There should be a bit more but I'm so tired. The longest chapter until now in this story. 

I hope you have known what is happening with our boys, and what happened in the past.

I'm sorry if there are too many colors, I just don't know how to verify different characters. And WORDS IN CAPITAL appear when the character shouts.

Guess who is next? Myungsoo, Sungyeol or Sungjong?