Explanation

Horror school I: 7 School myths

This chapter explains everything happened in the story, in chronological order, for those of you who are confused. (Don’t feel bad if you are confused, because the authors are confused too!)

 

2 years ago:

- Daeryong and Sryong, using their smart brains and science talent, they disguise as Tasty the magicians to make money and prove their skills.

- Daeryong and Soryong took the entrance test to Woollim High School, but because of bribe-taking (details in chapter 17) practice, Daeryong unfortunately failed. He decided to study at Dongim Academy. Soryong luckily passed. Their talent was not really recognized at their schools.

- At Woollim High School, Soryong became a trainee for the varsity football team and drew much attention. After a year, he quitted to focus on the magic career with Daeryong.

- At Dongim Academy, Daeryong lost a gamble to the soccer team, so he became their bondservant.

1 year ago:

- Sungyeol studied at Dongim Academy with Daeryong and grew a friendship with him. After a while, without telling Daeryong, Sungyeol moved to Woollim High School. Daeryong was not aware that Sungyeol could have met Soryong and ruin their secret.

- Sungyeol did meet Soryong by chance and hinted that he knew Daeryong and hey looked exactly the same. Being pushed to the wall, Soryong had to say the truth.

- Next, Sungyeol arranged to meet both of the twin and exploit them to spill out their true identity. The three went on a “contract”: Sungyeol kept their identity secret, in return, the twin would never reveal Sungyeol’s relationship with them. Also, at school Soryong would “stay in the dark” to make sure that people wouldn’t notice him and Sungyeol.

- Soryong ran for Best Speaker Prize and won but didn’t gain much attention.

- In fact, because Soryong tried to hide himself, Sungyeol gained more fame as he hung out with Sungkyu – an arrogant, rich musical talent, Dongwoo – a derpy science star and Woohyun – a popular prefect.

- Sungyeol still didn’t know that Daeryong and Soryong were Tasty, until he met them backstage of the TV station, where was working as a trainee.

- Once again, Daeryong and Soryong were duped to reveal themselves and renewed the “contract”: Sungyeol kept their Tasty secret and helped the twins in videos and social media, as he was a trainee in Post-production Department.

- Now this contract sounds more beneficial to the twins: their indentities are kept secret, their career is helped by a trained person, they get famous in a wide range and seems like Sungyeol gets nothing from this business, except being popular in a school, just a school!

- Sungyeol realized that he was the one who came up with his plan, so he could ruin it himself. He manipulated the twins and turned away from them to break the contract without being caught. Things got complicated when he dropped out of the position at TV station with an excuse that “My dad complains about my grades at school”. Here, Soryong started to feel something was wrong, as he was in Woollim High School. He tried to talk to Daeryong about Sungyeol’s action, but Daeryong didn’t believe and thought Sungyeol was rising at his school, so it was normal of him, and the three still kept in contact anyway.

- Feeling underestimated, Soryong took part more in school activities. He was elected as the commentator for basketball matches. He was also a potential candidate for the leader position of Chemistry Team. But unfortunately, Dongwoo, with the help from Woohyun, cheated on the teachers to get more vote to win the battle. (This is the motive for Daeryong to kill Dongwoo and Woohyun.)

- Chemistry Team disbanded after a short while due to the incident at the Science Festival.

- After a few matches, Soryong realized he couldn’t keep up with the busy scheldule, he planned to resign and also learned that Sungyeol got a position at the Swimming commentating box. Soryong’s request was declined, so he had to hold on until the end of the season.

- Soryong also doubt Sungyeol’s involvement in his life as he found out Sungyeol stayed late at school to read Soryong’s diary illicitly.

- Soryong failed the tryout to the Radio Team.

- The Excellent Student Sorting Contest and the bribe-taking practice ruined Soryong’s image at school. Sungyeol tried to talk to Soryong about the bad things he did but Soryong was too frustrated to hear. Sungyeol hinted Soryong to stay late at school to reveal the truth about the grading process. The conflict between Soryong and Sungkyu got worse when Sungkyu earned a lower score than Soryong did but Sungkyu was chosen to pass. (This is the motive for Daeryong to kill Sungkyu.) Also, Soryong was kicked out of the Commentator group.

- Woollim Middle School sent some students to Woollim High School. Myungsoo was one of them. Soryong tried to warn him him about the danger in school, but later Myungsoo forgot everything and joined in Sungkyu’s crew. He also put a good review on Woollim High school. (This is the motive for Daeryong to kill Myungsoo.)

- Before a football game, 3 players made a deal with Dongim’s football team to fix the game. Having a short of players, the Woollim football coach asked Soryong to fill in as he was a trainee before. He accepted.

- During the game, Hoya, from Dongim Academy, saw Soryong and recognized the similarity of him and Daeryong. (At that time, Dongim student’s had a lot of tests so very few spectactors from Dongim came. The match wasn’t filmed, so only the Dongim team paid attention to Soryong.)

- Despite Soryong’s participation, Woollim still lost 3-4 to Dongim.

- Daeryong knew the football guys fixed the match and threatened them. But Hoya intimidated him back that he saw his twin at the match. Another promise was made: Daeryong kept secret about the match, the team kept secret about Soryong.

- Dongim football team won the City tournament. Promise was still effective.

- Being frustrated, Soryong attempted to suicide in a performance. It was the day right before the End of year Ceremony.

- Soryong died and haunted the school.

- Learning about Soryong’s death, Sungyeol assumed it was all his fault and went schizophrenia. (The death is partly Sungyeol’s fault, so this is the motive for Daeryong to kill Sungyeol.)

- Hoya revealed Soryong was Daeryong’s twin brother on Dongim Community, as his team won the cup, it didn’t matter if the fixing case was exposed or not. (This is the motive for Daeryong to kill Hoya.)

Current year:

- Daeryong, dropped out of Dongim, changed his identity and works at Woollim High School as night security guy.

- Sungjong and Myungsoo enrolled in Woollim High School.

- Hoya moved to Woollim High School.

- 7 of them plan to explore the school.

- Woohyun hints about the plan on Woollim forum. Daeryong reads it by chance and plans a revenge. He also steals the planned map from Hoya’s locker.

- Everything goes on as you know.

Future:

- The fact that Daeryong lets Sungjong live because Sungjong has no relation to the background story and knows nothing. Sungjong is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

- After the killing, Daeryong changes his identity again and focuses on studying. He works as volunteer at the local hospital.

- What happens with Sungjong then? No idea. Will he be freed? Will he have a sixth sense after seeing so many dead bodies? Will the case be solved? What will happen to Daeryong? No idea.