Fait accompli

Horror school I: 7 School myths

Fait accompli (French idiom):

Something has been done and there is no way to change it.

6:00AM headline news

“This is the morning news of the Daily News Broadcast. We are at Woollim High School, where it is reported that several bodies are found at many places. One inhabitant in the area passed the school at around 5:40AM and noticed a fire going on at the back of the school. She immediately called the fire station. While waiting for the firemen to come, she explored the school for victims and found bloody bodies.”

A middle-aged woman appeared on the screen. “When I ran in and passed by the sentry-box, I saw the security guard dead. It is terrifying. Who would do this, kill the students and the guard too?”

“Everything is just discovered few minutes. We will inform you as the best as we can in the next hours.”

 

Timeline Daily Newspaper

This morning at Woollim High School happened a horrifying massacre in which 6 students, a security guard and the incumbent principal were killed by different ways but one student is still alive mysteriously.

Ms.Ahn, who passed by the school at 5:40 in the morning found a fire at the back of the school, which turns out to be the principal’s office and teachers’ office . 

She said. “When I ran in and passed by the sentry-box, I saw the security guard dead. It is terrifying. Who would do this, kill the students and the guard too?”

Teachers tell that today is the Annual Science  Festival of the school so prior to that, a lot of materials and chemicals has been  sent to the school. As the CSU investigates the school, no property is stolen and there is no trace of murder weapon, except that there is trace of chlorine leakage in the Chemistry lab.  Important documents including student  and staff files are all burnt, the host computer is severedly damaged so inspectors have to ask for help from the Department of Education to restore everything.

The lost students’ identities are: Kim Sungkyu, Jang Dongwoo, Nam Woohyun, Lee Hoya, Lee Sungyeol and Kim Myungsoo. The living student, Lee Sungjong, has been brought to the local hospital due to electric shock.

The festival is immediately canceled when the school board learnt of the news. Woollim High School will be shut down for a few days for investigation. Woollim students will be sent to Cube High School and Dongim High School temporarily.

 

Chief of Police interview with CFD News

 

Q: How would you describe the scene of this case?

A: Bloody, mysterious but smart and clear-cut.

Q: Can you explain furthermore?

A: One student is found in a restroom near the football pitch and has a very bad cut that he bled to death. Another is very close to that area and is stabbed by a sharp knife, but we find no evidence of that knife in the school and the whole neighborhood. One is found drowned in the school’s professional swimming pool. One and the pricipal are probably dropped from such a height and they had been gagged, but the culprit must have taken it away. Two last are found in the ventilation way near the Chemistry lab, where is heavily affected by chlorine leakage. The leakage is very serious that we can even detect it in any vent in the school. The living boy, Lee Sungjong, who is electric-shocked, is also slightly poisoned. In my perspective, this boy is also on the blacklist, if the killer actually has a plan and may know all the boys.

Q: Do you think the killer is associated with the school?

A: I can’t answer yet. We have to wait until major documents are restored.

Q: What if it is just a random killing? And the culprit maybe just an escaping patient from a madhouse?

A: That chance is very slim. A mental patient can’t commit such crime. Just think about why he burns the offices to erase information. It must be related to some secret of the school.

Q: What else can you tell about this case?

A: We have no further information. This is such a cold case.

Q: Thank you very much.

 

Random local news cut: A parent admits having pledged her son’s result in the Excellent student Sorting contest last year

This morning, Mrs. Kim, mother of Kim Sungkyu, a victim in the massacre of Woollim High School went to the Headquarter of Department of Education and reported the incident. She and some other parents bribed the Woollim deceased Principal into guaranteeing their children would pass the contest. The Principal, who was in the Grading Committee, eventally took the bribe.

Mrs.Kim said she has been having nightmare about her son and the occurrence. Being conscience-smitten, she urges herself to release the secret.

This event must be a significant contribution to the cold case at Woollim High School.

Another local news cut: A Woollim High School accuses the deceased Principal of extorting him over the cotroversial contest results.

An anonymous user of Facebook, who claims himself to be a staff from Woollim High School, has ecently posted a status revealing the deceased Principal had been blackmailing him to cover up the truth about the contest. As in his status (below), one day, he walked in the office to send the Principal some plans for the next semester but he wasn’t there. Instead, he found a stack of real results of the contest and figred out that the ranking was fixed. Immediately after that, the Principal appeared and threatened that he would fire and kill the staff if he didn’t keep this secret. Here is the original status:

There’s no peace for the wicked.

It’s so happy to see that he died in the fire, or the killing or whatever ends his life. I wonder who nominated him to be the principal of this blessed place. He blackmails me for a year long to shut my mouth, for accidentally walked in his office and found out what was supposed to be hidden. I’ll tell y’all, that’s the true, original grades for the Excellent Student Sorting contest last year. That damn man dared fix the results and exterminated actual excellent students. The reason? I don’t know.

I just wanna warn y’all about the upcoming contest this year.

Well, Woollim has no chance to prosper again. Knowing this, I resigned this June. Good for me.

It is hard to trace information of this person because there isn’t any activity though the account is activated some two years ago.

Eventually, it is proved that Mrs.Kim has said the truth about the incident. There seems to be one than one individual involved in this business.

 

Online news: Fans are shocked and confused that Tasty magicians declared to disband.

The much-loved magician couple, Tasty, brings depression when one member died in an accident last year. Since then, the other member seems to go on hiatus and doesn’t appear in public event or on Youtube anymore. But very lately, their Twitter account has posted a tweet saying “We’re so tired of doing tricks and frauds. We officially disband and retire.” The account is deactiviated few hours later.

The netizen quickly zooms into the word “disband” and doubts that the dead member is not dead and it is just a fraud.

(+333, -20) Disband? I thought they automatically disband when one member died.

(+270, -50) I wished they brought good news of revealing their identity or the other member making a comeback. You disappoint me this time, Tasty.

(+100, -28) You two have did enough tricks and fraud, including the death.

(+90, -15) Am I the only one to feel funny about this tweet?

(+50, -0) The other member has endured enough. He deserves a rest.

 

Quick news: Vice Principal of Woollim High School becomes interim Principal temporarily.

 

The survival of Woollim Massacre regains his sense after 8 days of unconsciousness

Lee Sungjong, known as the Living boy, gains his consciousness this morning at the local hospital. Prior to that, he suffered a severed electricity leakage in the school and went unconscius. As doctors said, his memory is damaged by the high voltage, so getting information from him may encounter difficulty. 

 

Lee Sungjong constantly refuses to inform about the Woollim Cold case

As nurses and doctors said, Lee Sungjong has some symptoms of social anxiety and bipolar depression since he gains consciousness, partly because of after-effects from the electric shock and the killing at his school. Many journalist crews have come to the hospital trying to interview him but they had to leave in disappointment and worry.

“He turns into a quiet person and doesn’t want to communicate with anybody.” Doctor Han sums up the story.