Walls have ears

Horror school I: 7 School myths

Walls have ears:

there is a risk of being heard, so pay attention to what you say

 

 

Sungkyu tiredly put his tray on the table and opened his flask. He frowned sipping.

"Hey dude, why leave the room so soon?"

"Why do I have to stay when I already know the result!" Sungkyu crammed a spoon of rice into his mouth.

"It's really not worth persuading you. Good luck! I gotta go. See ya!"

"See ya."

Sungkyu sighed when his talkative friend left. At least he was free to enjoy his early lunch.

 

*Bell rang*

"Wassup hyung? How's your throat and the check?" Hoya appeared with a white-bandaged head, along with Dongwoo holding a jumbled bag.

"Hey what happened to your head Hoya?" Sungkyu sprang his head seeing Hoya injured.

"Just a nasty accident." Hoya put his tray down. "But that's enough to stop me from playing for some days. Luckily the wound is at the back of my head."

Dongwoo also sat down and habitually picked up Sungkyu's flask without permission. Anyway, they were close friends. He opened the cap and drank. But he spitted it out as soon as the water streamed in his mouth.

"What the heck? Salty water?" He knitted his brows.

"Stay away of my water. I'm having a sore throat."

"Shhh why don't you warn me?"

"It's your faults! I don't care!"

"Aigoo your water just makes my stomachache even worse!" Dongwoo pouted again.

 

A few minutes later, Woohyun, Sungyeol and Myungsoo popped up at the big table which Sungkyu had seized.

"Annnyyyeeoonngg Sungkyu hyung!" Woohyun speeded to the seat right next to Sungkyu.

"Aish be quiet please!"

"How is your check?"

"Why is everybody always asking me about that? Hear my voice?" Sungkyu was about to bang at the table but he realised that the cafeteria was getting more crowded, so he stopped at the right time.

"Oh what a shame that you didn't pass. That's even better than being chosen without knowing you're gonna be chosen!" Myungsoo spoke up.

"So how is the visual?"

"! Do you know Soonwan? He make fun of me right in front of everybody in the corridor! And you know what, he..." Not until Myungsoo finished his sentence did Wohyun dashed away to the newspaper kiosk near the cafeteria when he saw the kiosk opened. "Yah!Yah! Wohyun hyung!"

"What kind of prefect is this?" Sungyeol muttered to himself.

"Hey guys, who wants one?" Woohyun asked from far but none of them answered so he just bought one and came back with a smile on his face. "Keeping in touch with the world is one of the most important factor to be at a higher circle!" He got back the table with his own quote. Taking a first glance at the front page, his mouth dropped.

"Guys, our school is on the front page of the most popular newspaper of the city!"

Woohyun lowered his voice and bolted to the table. Six boys huddled round the paper and all were shock.

 

Woollim High School: first-rate seminary or hell?

 Woollim High School, which is located at [...], always ranks at the top places on charts about school: best designed campus, best entrance scores, best facilities, popular social network community. 

But behind the beam of light, there are lots of evidence proving this is definitely not a proper school. 

First, school bullies is one of the problematic issues that students have to bear. According to some parents, their children had come home with bruises and cuts without any reason available. "I wonder who could threat my daughter that much that she didn't even tell her best friend. Not until I found her  mental diagnosis did I know." One mom spoke her mind. Also, videos can be easily found, especially on the school's forum. Of course, the administrator of which had carefully deleted it and disapprove requests to post, so the number of evidence has been reduced. The remaining information left is mainly form ex-students and parents.

Second, ghost reports become a trend to appear on the media. Answers from current students informed that they did actually  see unusual phenomena in the school: desks and tables were all disordered during the night, doodles with symbols on the walls, light flash in dark places, missing items in their lockers, ... Some of them even experienced falling from the stair when they were careful, there were no one there and the stairs were absolutely dry; some felt there was always someone tracing them; some saw machines and speakers automatically worked after school.

"What, our school is cursed!" 

Sungyeol's sudden shout not only gained attraction from his fellows but also other students in the cafeteria. They gave him a confused look. However, they knew that Sungyeol was already famous because of his outlandishness. 

Woollim students are known very united. Although some of them told bad news about their school, others are always ready to protect their school's repetition.

As 5 boys heard Sungyeol and felt cold looks, they sprang up covering his mouth and pushed him down.

"Aish, be quiet you shouter!" Sungkyu, who believed himself as the leader, murmured.

"Don't you see I'm the first person to buy today's edition!? Be quiet, chingu!" Woohyun added.

 

As some explained, there were lots of cases of suicides and deaths in the school because of many reasons, but most of them were "being cursed". Teachers and student leaders usually refuse to mention this problem of the school, which also lead to other rumors. [To be continued, page 9]

 

 

"Who on earth did write and publish this article?" Sungkyu coughed and commented.

"Again, this ing writer! He has wrote 5 articles about our school so far!" Hoya punched the table.

"And all of them insult the school!" Dongwoo accepted.

"He even magnified the title on the front page!" Woohyun wished he hadn't bought it.

"..." The only boy seemed interested in it was Sungyeol. Despite the fact that Myungsoo waved his hand crazily in front of him, Sungyeol still stuck his eyes on the article like he was analysing it. "Yeollie hyung! Hyung-ah!"

Even other boys noticed Sungyeol's eccentricity. It was normal that Sungyeol became interested in specific ghoul, but the whole had never seen Sungyeol to be so into it like this.

 

"Annyeong! Sungjong is here!"

"Where have you been for so long?"

"I went reporting for the teachers about the damaged chair. Those boys got too mischievous."

No sooner had Sunjong appeared than Sungyeol packed his stuff and left the place.

"See you guys after school, on the roof terrace!" He said and fled to the news kiosk, bought the same paper.

 

"Hyungs, what happened to him? Did I bring bad atmosphere to here?" Sungjong asked with confusion.

"We don't know either! I bought a newspaper which then revealed there was an article about troubles in school." Woohyun replied. "And then he became too amused."

Sungjong emoted the same as his hyungs after hearing the story.

"Does it include spiritual feature?"

"Yes." Sungkyu nodded with boredom.

"No wonder!" Sungjong shook his head with bewilderment.

On the roof terrance

Sungyeol escaped to the terrace and lied on the floor, continued reading the news.

"I know this is gonna be truly revealed someday. Definitely! I know I'm never wrong."

A mysterious voice sounded in his ears: "Who knows? You are so carefree, young boy!" 

"Woohyun-ah!"

"Ah, Professor Bae!"

"I'm sure that you've read the news. Our school..."

"I know! I'm even the first one to know."

"Good. And I have this mission for you."

"Yes, sir?"

"You are a good prefect. So you have the ability to calm others after this. I know that is hard because our school has been reported like this quite a lot and we have survive and gone through it. And we are known as one of the most consolidated community. I hope you will succeed. You are the best monitor among others."

Woohyun hesitated a while before he accepted. "Again, declining a scandal, a business admired very much by hypocritical schoollies!"