There are two sides to every story

Horror school I: 7 School myths

There are two sides to every story:

in a situation, each person has a certain way of looking at it, one person's side of the story could be completely differentfrom the other's opinion even though it's the same situation. There are always many perspectives to a question.

 

Sungyeol and the swimming pool

There are two pools on the ground floor of the sport stadium: one is 1.8m for regular swimming in Physical Education classes, for just for optional activities. The other one is 3.5m specialized for the swimming team of the school, for those who are train to compete in grand contests. Of course the second one is more cared and supplied. It even has an owned locker room for the team with separated washroom. Whoever use the regular pool must keep their clothes in the common room, which is connected with the bathroom hallway. Wet. Always a whiff of dampness. Not very comfortable. That is how the school discrinimate students.

 

Sungyeol push open the glass door and get in the training team area. He didn't turn on the light but he could easily spot Sungjong in the commentary box waving him. He waved back and then turned to go around.

"So now there are three pairs (he means twos that are close to each other): Sungkyu and Woohyun, Dongwoo and Hoya, Sungjong and me. I wonder what Myungsoo is doing upstairs."

He the flashlight and walk around the pool. "Must be careful, I can hardly swim in this so deep pool." His footsteps sounded as he stepped.

The reflection from his light reflected everywhere in the lobby. The light shone through the broad surface, letting him see the deepest points. 

"Really, how can this place be somehow damned. No drowning death has been recorded

Suddenly, his footsteps stopped. Sungyeol squatted by the border and dragged his lights closer.

HE SAW A THING THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE. 

"Get out of this place immediately, boy!"

His blood boiled. His hand slightly trembled. The mysterious voice appeared again in his head. It always appears at unexpected moments when he is confused.

"QUIET! Sungjong is here OK! And I don't want him anybody in this place to know anything about this!" Abruptly, he boldly threw his torch on the ground and shouted his throat out.

 

(In the commentary box)

"What is he doing? What did he see? Is this place..."

 

(Back to the pool)

Sunyeol shook his hand to comfort Sunjong that everything was alright. But actually not.

Sungyeol got closer to the border and kneeled down. He tried to bend down to touch the light. He wanted to get rid of that troublesome object. He curved down more and more.

"Damn it, why is the light so far away?"

"Keep trying boy! You're about to reach it!"

"But it's so far away! And so deep here!"

"You have to get it out boy. Do you believe in yourself or you want your secret to be revealed?"

"I'm afraid they've come back. I need a reason for the excistence of it in this very moment!"

"Everything has its reasons boy! And the only way you can get the reason is get it!"

And Sungjong, who was staring at Sungyeol from the commentary box, was fear that his fellow would drown in the pool.

[Flashback] This is a flashback about bullying, racism and favoritism in the school.

A/N: Only blue speeches are from Lee Soonho.

The swimming team felt weird when they saw a stranger in the limited pool. Looked poor. Maybe studying as he was holding a textbook.

"Hey dude! Who the heck are you?" The leader asked and looked at the boy's name badge. "Ahh, Lee Soonho. From Kangdeok High school! Ha, an auster place!" The whole team chuckled.

"Which school on earth would choose pistachio green and checked purple for their uniform!"

"Looks like a taro in a mossy pond!"

"You said what?" Soonho put down his book.

"Ah I recognise this boy!" One spoke up. "Is your mom the cleaning lady Byulyoung?"

"Thus what is so funny with my mother?"

"Whoa so that's true! You are just a dull son of a cleaning lady!"

"Why are you here? Staying helping your mother?"

"I have to admit that she is not a very good cleaner! Having an assistance like you is somehow good!"

"Yeah, she won't lose her job."

"THAT'S ENOUGH! YOU GUYS CONSIDER IT HILARIOUS? OH YEAH, THOSE RICH KIDS LIKE YOU NEVER KNOW HOW THEY HAVE TO WORK HARD TO SERVE YOU?" He stood up to threw a punch to a guy. But his effort disappeared since his target easily stopped his fist.

"Such a geek! I can't believe there is a coward now dare to fight with us!"

"Let's see how he's gonna fight back this time!"

Five tall and big swimmers gathers around Soonho and picked him up smoothly.

"Hey! Let me go! I'll report this to the principal!"

"Whether you tell him or not, he won't care anyway!"

"That 'gentleman' never cares about those lower class like you!"

"You don't know he always biases specialists like us!"

"And you guys admire the one loves you only!"

The team dropped Soonho by the border of the pool. "Now let's see how strong are you!"

They plunge him down the pool. The smal boy couldn't resist their super strength of swimmers. They pushed him up and down in the pool leaving him gasping in difficulty while they laughed cruelly.

 

(A few minutes later)

The guys still roared with laughter.

"Yah! You're good at suffering!"

"Keep on! You're gonna be an expert swimmer some day!"

"Hey guys! Looks like he's unconscious now!"

"Impossible! It's just a prank! How can he be unconscious!"

"Pull him up! Quickly!"

"Uh, Ok."

"Damn! We're in trouble now!" He lowered his voice.

"What is it?"

"He doesn't breathe anymore." 

"I don't believe. Let me see.Oh my god, you're right."

"What are we gonna do now? We unintentionally killed him?"

"I have a plan. Push him into the water!"

"What are you doing, leader?"

"Just follow me! Push him into the water! Then wear our uniform on and get out of the stadium! Pretend like we haven't got here as we've gone to the convenient store! Pretending this is wholly his fault when he played here and accidentally slipped! "

They did as the leader commanded and quickly wore on their uniforms. The crew escaped the stadium.

 

"Coach Kim, do you see Soonho, my son, anywhere? He should have met me by now"

"Keep calm Byulyoung-sshi! He must be around the stadium no further! His uniform is identifiable!"

"He can't swim!" She insisted. "What if something happened to him?"

"I believe he won't be so careless like that!" 

At the same time he finished his sentence, he opened the door of the limited pool area and both of them saw an unbelievable scene.

"Oh my! What happened to my son!" She speeded to the pool.

"Stop! You know this pool is dangerously deep!"

"But don't you see my son is dead there?"

"Gotta pick up right now."

The coach looked around and snatched a pool cleaning net and carefully dragged him closer to the border.

The swimming team appeared and emoted their shock.

"Coach, what is this?"

"Who is he?"

"Ah, you guys are here? Why are you so late?"

"We were at the store. Sorry!"

"If you guys had been here earlier, he wouldn't have been like this!" The mother shouted in her tears.

"Coach, did he played around here?"

"But why a stranger like him can get in this place without being recognized?"

"As I see, he has tripped somewhere and fallen in the pool. We have to carry him to the hospital first as his body is still a bit warm. No practice today guys!"

The team looked at each other and secretly smiled.

 

(At the hospital, the coach)

"This can never be an accident. If it were, his body would float entirely in the water and be cold. There is mot much water in his tummy. That's mean it isn't a drowning case. By the way, there are several splashes on a part of the border. Resisting? Another clue is that Junheon doesn't know Soonho but why he guessed Soonho was playing in the pool. Does anybody else know that Soonho can't swim? Or he has met the team before? Seokwon is also suspicious when he mention 'getting here without being recognized. He can't get in by the common gate at the regular area so the only way he can get in the limited area is the back door. Arghh, why can't I figure this out! Or...the team has... "


A/N: Although I said "random flashbacks", all of them are related to the main story. Just keep them in your mind.