Part 2: Man proposes, God disposes

Horror school I: 7 School myths

Man proposes, God disposes:

People may make plans, but they cannot control the outcome of their plans

 

- Football field

- The third restroom near the field

- Swimming pool

- Basketball stadium 

- Chemistry lab

- Commentary box

- Principal office

 

"Is that all?" Myungsoo asked.

"I hope so. As I know through 3 years at this school." Sungkyu gave the piece of paper to Myungsoo.

"The principal office too? How do you know that there is 'something' there?" Hoya snatched the paper and doubted.

"Well I can surely affirm that somehow that tiny room is abnormal." Woohyun tapped the floor. "Since you guys aren't school leaders or guides. Even other teachers and staffs are afraid of that room. There is sometimes extraordinary sound. Stuff moving during the night. And files are disordered form one folder to another, especially student profiles."

 

The seven were at Myungsoo's house, an apartment in an urban area near the school, where the crew usually met and gathered after school. That apartment block was also vexatious because of lots of fabrication: the always flashing corridor lights despite fine electricity, shaking iron stairway, convulsing elevators, unpleasant gusts blowing in a blocked-by-tall-buildings area and many more. But his family still chose to live there because they moved every year and the rent was low. The crew also liked this place as residents were friendly and it was near to their school.

 

"Did you really experience or not?" Sungjong doubted since he knew that Woohyun somethimes jokes too much.

"Nope. My mates told me about that. Well it's reasonable because I don't meet him (the principal) much. I'm just a prefect, not a visual or a headman." Woohyun explained glancing at Myungsoo which recalled him the meeting with the principal on the next day.

 

"So, what are we gonna do now?" No sooner had Dongwoo asked than Myungsoo's mother appeared in the room with some water, right at the moment their discussion got to the top interesting point. "How is it going, lovelies? Doing well? Have some drinks, you guys must be thirsty by now!"

"Thank you Mrs.Kim." The boys took the glasses and happily drank but hardly any of them felt comfortable with the presence of the mother. 

 

(A blackout happened)

"Aigoo the heck, why does the electricity fail?"

"Does this occur regularly, Myungsoo?" Sungkyu asked.

"Seems like always right at this time..." Myungsoo replied in a freaking low voice."But never mind! Why don't we get to the ground yard? It's cool at night."

"Yes, I agree with you." The mother raised her voice. "I thinking staying in home is a bad idea in such a nice weather like this! And the yard is great!"

 

The crew looked at each other in puzzlement, of course except Myungsoo, who was staring at his mother.

"Yeah, let's go downstairs." Sungyeol declared. "Staying in doing nothing is just a waste of time!"

"Oh yeah, let's go chingu!"

One by one left the apartment.

"Omma, are you fine staying alone?" Myungsoo turned back for the last time.

"I'm OK son, go ahead with your friends!"

 

(Because of the electric blackout, they went down by the stairs instead of elevator. This conversation happens when they are in the stairway.)

"Don't panic. I've got flashlight in my phone." Sungjong turned it on.

"Myungsoo-ah, is your mom OK? I think her behavior seems strange since the electric fail." Hoya poked Myungsoo. "Sorry if I offend you."

"Not at all! My mom is...kind of...like afraid of the dark. That's all! I worry she would crash into something or fall hard."

"Really?" Hoya asked again. This time Myungsoo keep silent and ignored Hoya. Hoya felt he got a bit impolite to ask like that so he also muted.

 

Seven boys walked down a couple of floors. Until the door at the end of the stairway appeared, Myungsoo admitted quietly."She is diagnosed with nostalgia and light schizophrenia. Please tell no one."

 

Scarcely had the rest understood understand anything when Myungsoo opened the door, led them out and greeted the security guard loudly. 

"Annyeong Mr.Han! Have a great evening!" All of his attitude in the stairway had been cleared away, remained a smiley innocent happy face.

"You too Myungsoon!"

"My name is Myungsoo, sir."

"Ah Myungsoo, sorry. It's long not to see you in the yard. Studying? Those are your new friends?

"Urh I come here almost everyday. Maybe not during your shift. I meet Mr.Ahn always. [point at the crew]. This is Sungkyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol and Sungjong. They are all in the same school with me."

Said so, he drew others to the yard quickly, like he wanted to stop the dialogue with the guard.

"You seem to get on well with him, right?" Hoya took the piece of paper out.

"Not really. My mom does, not me, I don't know why. Let's sit over there!"

"So there are 7 places. And 7 of us." Hoya spread the school map out for others to see.

"We will still stay, right?" Sungyeol curiously asked, and recieved a fierce glare from Dongwoo for being effusive.

"OK. 3 teams. We must choose one place for each , and the teammates's place will also be close to the other." Sungjong, who gave the idea of dividing in 3 teams, started drawing circles on spotted sites.

"As I see, 7 places are...randomly in 3 areas too, which means we are in teams, but each will also can discover their chosen places " Woohyun took his marker out. "Look at this: the hell restroom is right in front of the football field, we can have a full view of the whole basketball stadium and the pool standing in the commentary box, the principal office is only one floor above the chemistry lab."

"One more thing none of you recognized," Sungkyu added, "all 7 places can be observed easily from the roof terrace, Sungyeol's favourite place!"

"So does that affect our case?" The 'owner' of the terrace mocked the leader, because he himself knows nobody has told anything about the terrace, as well as nothing is remarkable there, excluding the old storage.

"Now let's pick our place, make a draw or just choose it ourselves?" Dongwoo finally gave a speech in, although he is such a chicken and really doesn't care.

"Picking it ourselves is better, if we are used to it." Hoya hastily claimed. "I choose the football pitch. Who get the restroom will be in my team!"

"I'll take the principal office." Woohyun also made a snap decision. "So who will be with the chemistry lab?"

"Me!" Sungkyu raised his hand. "Sorry Dongwoo, I know chemistry is your profession, but I wanna be in Woohyun's teammate."

Sungjong tried to hide his laugh.

"I prefer the stadium." Myungsoo pointed on the map. "Who with me, Sungjong?"

"Uh huh, I'm about to take the commentary box. What about you Sungyeol hyung?"

"Maybe. I like the pool."

 

The only place left was the damn restroom.

"Uhm, so the last is Dongwoo. You don't have any other chance." Sungyeol glanced at Dongwoo.

"You'll be with me right? The restroom and the pitch?" Hoys also paid attention to Dongwoo.

Feeling a ironically harsh atmosphere around them, Dongwoo accept the challenge in bitter. "Fine, just a restroom, what to worry about?", though he did bother.

 

"Now what about the plan? We need a proper strategy like how to bamboozle the watchman, or get off the camera?" Sungyeol, again, commence an idea.

"Oh please Yeollie, why are you so expert at things like this but not studying?" Wohyun complained. Anyway, he is still the only one in the same class with Sungyeol, and lots of teachers gave him the duty to keep an eye on his unique classmate.

"But Sungyeol is right!" Sungkyu voiced. "What if someone discover our mission?" He is scared of being accused. And of course, so is Woohyun.

"Don't worry. Leave it for this scheming king. I'll handle that efficiently!" Hoya prided himself.

The conference lasted until 8pm.

"Hey boys!" 

The crew turned back. It was a security man but not Mr.Han.

"Mr.Bae?"

"What are you still doing down here? Do you know it is too late for students to stay outside until now?" He recognized their uniform. "From Woollim High?"

"Does anything weird happen around here sir?" Sungyeol asked innocently.

"Yeollie-ah, you shouldn't have opened your mouth!" Muyngsoo whispered to the whole. "Let's flee now!"

 

7 boys got back Myungsoo's apartment, as the electricity had gone on for a while.

"Follow the sketch, OK?"

 

Finally they broke up and went different directions.

"Are you ok at home mom?"

"Sure."

"So can I ask for a thing?"

"What?"

"Can I stay at school tomorrow for a night? The Science Festival is happening in a week. There is too much work that Dongwoo's gang cannot manage. And he requested me, and those five to stay and help him."

"Sure. You can go."

"Is that really fine for you?"

"I said I'm totally fine. I'll call your sister if I need to. By the way, why your sister isn't home yet at this late?"

"She told me she is a bit busy so she will get home at ten. Have you eaten anything?"

 

At Woohyun's house

Don't worry chingus. That damn news is nothing for us. We are an united communication! Everything has its reasons. Hwaiing!~

 

Woohyun slept early after posting a tweet on Twitter.